ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

是的,我自制了一个核聚变反应堆 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

是的,我自制了一个核聚变反应堆

Yup, I built a nuclear fusion reactor | Taylor Wilson

So my name is Taylor Wilson.
我是泰勒•威尔逊
I am 17 years old
今年17岁
and I am a nuclear physicist,
我是一名核物理学家
which may be a little hard to believe, but I am.
这可能有点难以置信 但确实如此
And I would like to make the case
我想说的是 核聚变就是
that nuclear fusion will be that point,
T•布恩•皮肯斯所说的
that the bridge that T. Boone Pickens talked about will get us to.
能够引领我们前进的桥
So nuclear fusion is our energy future.
所以说 在未来 核反应堆会是我们的能源
And the second point,
第二点
making the case that kids can really change the world.
孩子们的的确确能改变世界
So you may ask —
你可能会问
(Applause)
[鼓掌]
You may ask me,
你可能会问我
well how do you know what our energy future is?
你怎么知道未来能源是什么
Well I built a fusion reactor
在我14岁的时候
when I was 14 years old.
我做个一个核聚变反应堆
That is the inside of my nuclear fusion reactor.
这是我的核聚变反应堆的内部
I started building this project
我大概从12 3岁开始
when I was about 12 or 13 years old.
着手这个项目
I decided I wanted to make a star.
我想要做个星星
Now most of you are probably saying,
可能你们大多数人会说
well there’s no such thing as nuclear fusion.
现在没这样的核聚变
I don’t see any nuclear power plants with fusion energy.
我没见过哪家核发电站应用核聚变
Well it doesn’t break even.
确实如此
It doesn’t produce more energy out than I put in,
虽然它的产出并没有比我投入的多
but it still does some pretty cool stuff.
但我仍发现一些有趣的事
And I assembled this in my garage,
我在我的车库里组装的它
and it now lives in the physics department of the University of Nevada, Reno.
它现在在内华达大学雷诺分校的物理系
And it slams together deuterium,
碰撞之后 就得到了氘
which is just hydrogen with an extra neutron in it.
氘其实就是里面有氢和一个多余的中子
So this is similar to the reaction
因此 这个同太阳里
of the proton chain that’s going on inside the Sun.
质子链的反应有些类似
And I’m slamming it together so hard
我用力地将两者碰撞
that that hydrogen fuses together,
在氢原子融合在一起时
and in the process it has some byproducts,
会产生一些副产物
and I utilize those byproducts.
我就是利用了这些副产物
So this previous year,
因此 在去年
I won the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.
我荣获英特尔国际科学与工程大奖赛头奖
I developed a detector that replaces the current detectors
我创造了一个取代
that Homeland Security has.
现国土局所使用的探测器
For hundreds of dollars,
我用几百美金
I’ve developed a system that exceeds the sensitivity
做出了一个比耗费成千上万美金
of detectors that are hundreds of thousands of dollars.
还敏感的探测器
I built this in my garage.
我在车库里做出来的
(Applause)
[鼓掌]
And I’ve developed a system to produce medical isotopes.
我还研发了一个生产医用同位素的系统
Instead of requiring multi-million-dollar facilities
与其追求耗资百万的设备
I’ve developed a device that, on a very small scale,
我自己做了一个小规模的
can produce these isotopes.
能生产这些同位素的设备
So that’s my fusion reactor in the background there.
背景里的 就是我的核聚变反应堆
That is me at the control panel of my fusion reactor.
这张是我在反应堆的控制面板旁
Oh, by the way, I make yellowcake in my garage,
顺便一提 我还在车库里做了黄饼
so my nuclear program is as advanced as the Iranians.
所以我的核项目和伊朗的一样先进
So maybe I don’t want to admit to that.
可能我不是那么想承认这点
This is me at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland,
这张是我在瑞士日内瓦的CERN
which is the preeminent particle physics laboratory in the world.
CERN是世界上最卓越的粒子物理实验室
And this is me with President Obama,
这张是我与奥巴马总统的合影
showing him my Homeland Security research.
当时我正向他展示我的国土安全研究
So…
所以
(Applause)
[鼓掌]
So in about seven years of doing nuclear research,
所以在我研究核项目的这七年里
I started out with a dream
我从一个梦想着
to make a “star in a jar,” a star in my garage,
做一个“罐装星星” 一个车库里的星星为起点
and I ended up meeting the president
到面见总统
and developing things that I think can change the world,
做些我想能改变世界为结尾
and I think other kids can too.
我想其他孩子也可以做到
So thank you very much.
所以 非常感谢
(Applause)
[鼓掌]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

美国天才青年物理学家与核聚变,从年幼的梦,到现今的改变世界

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Steva

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B0PaSznWJE

相关推荐