未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

没有最好的你 只有更好的你!

"You're NEVER as GOOD as You COULD BE!" - Simon Sinek (@simonsinek) - #Entspresso

早上好 欢迎收看《信任国度》 我是埃文
-Good morning Believe Nation it’s Evan.
我信奉词之一是“信任”
My one word is believe
我对他人的信任远超他们对自己的信任
and I believe in people more than they believe in themselves.
我衷心地希望
And my sincere hope is that
如果你和我一样能看透自身
if you see in yourself what I see in you
你就能改变世界
you’ll be able to change the planet.
所以为了助你启航 今天我想告诉你的是
So to help you on your journey today’s message is
要对未知敞开心扉
be open to the unknown.
有请西蒙·斯内克
Over to you Simon Sinek.
[公鸡打鸣]
(rooster crowing)
#清晨起床#
♫ I wake up every morning
#浓咖啡为我续航#
♫ Enspresso keep me goin’
#清晨起床#
♫ I wake up every morning
#每天早晨#
♫ Every morning
很少有人能一下子成为行家里手
-Rarely are we instant experts.
你可能天赋秉异
You may have a particular gift
或者精通某物
or affinity toward something,
但是你也能变得更优秀
but you’ll still get better.
从我初做演讲之时
You know people would pay me high compliments
大家就给了我很高赞誉
when I started speaking
一两年后他们再见到我时
and then people who’ve seen me a year or two later
说我讲得更好了
say that I’m even better.
而且我感受到了 -为什么?
And I feel it. – Why is that?
-因为你学到了更多
– Because you you you learn more you know.
我认为傲慢自大 危害多多
I think that hubris is dangerous
想让自己成为各领域专家
I think to think that you’re an expert in anything
这种追求极不明智
is a foolish pursuit.
没有最好的你 只有更好的你
You’re never you’re never as good as you could be.
你总有提升的空间
There’s always room for improvement,
总有进步的空间
there’s always room to get better.
这不意味着你得言听计从
You know that doesn’t mean you have to listen to all of the advice,
并不是每个人都能搞明白
just you know not necessarily does everybody know best.
但是 要坚信你可以做得更好
But but to believe that you can be better
坚信你可以成就更多
and to believe that you can offer more
这才是永恒的追求
is a constant pursuit.
我曾经认为 成为一名公众演说家
You know I used to think being a public speaker
即意味着要镇定自若
meant being poised and
呈现要引人瞩目 讲话要节奏合理
presenting in a way that was compelling and speaking at the right pace.
其实这只是其中的一部分
And that’s that’s a part of it.
近来我一直尝试去冒险
But but I have been taking more risks lately,
做些结构松散 令人不安的演讲
doing things that are very unstructured and very uncomfortable.
如果现在我有1小时的演讲时间 我会这样做
And I will now do like if I have an hour to speak
我宁愿花20分钟去讲
I’d rather speak for 20 minutes
然后花40分钟探讨有价值的问题
and do 40 minutes worthy of questions.
我不清楚 整个进展会怎样
And who knows how that’s going to go.
但这种未知感对我来说 最好不过
And that to me, is the best.
所以我成了更为优秀的演说家
And so I’m a better speaker
因为现在我对未知更加敞开心扉
because now I’m way more open to the unknown.
要知道几年前 未知还是会让我感到恐惧
Where a few years ago that that would have scared me.
我认为其中要掌握的最好技能就是
– One of the greatest skills I think it can master
去了解安逸与不安的感觉
is to learn to be comfortable and be uncomfortable.
去克服它 感受其中的刺激和能量
To lean in on it to feel the excitement and energy from it
而不再像很多人那样
as opposed to just the fear and shrinking downness
仅仅感受到害怕和低落
is which is what a lot of people do.
当一个既陌生又恐怖的事情刚出现时
A lot of people are super uncomfortable
许多人会感到极其不安
when there’s a new strange scary situation happening
你想克服这种感觉 才能让自己成长
and you want to lean in on that so you can grow as a human
才能让自己的事业顺风顺水
but also you can bring the most to your business.
试着养成一个好习惯
A good habit you try to get into
一旦你有一个好想法
is as soon as you think of a new idea,
一旦你有想去尝试的新玩意
as soon as you come up with something that you want to try,
想找个人聊聊天 想去做个新业务
you want to talk to that person,you want to launch this new business,
想创设个新活动的时候
you want to create this new campaign.
假设你有了那样的想法
Assuming you have that idea
那就定个小目标 马上着手行动
find some small way to take immediate action on it.
首先 你很有可能坚持到底
One, you’re more likely to follow through,
很有可能蓄势待发
you’re more likely to build momentum,
实际上也会从中得到一些回报
and to actually see some results coming from it.
但是之后的结果往往
But two what happens is,here’s what happens so often
和很多创业者一样 开始沮丧不已
there’s so many entrepreneurs and it’s so frustrating,
停滞不前
it’s so limiting for a lot of you guys.
你想到一个点子 然后兴奋不已
You come up with an idea and you’re excited,
觉得这绝对是个牛逼的新点子
right like this could be a great new idea
你想好好施展拳脚
I really want to try this thing out.
接着 你把这个想法层层完善
And then you add more layers and layers and layers
反复推敲
and extrapolations
最后这个小小的点子成了一个超级大工程
and this little tiny idea becomes this huge big project.
随着这个工程的不断扩展
And as you scale up the project
想想如何搞定来这件大事
and it’s exciting to think about
都会令你大呼过瘾
how you can make it this big thing
如果你想做一个YouTube栏目
right if you want to launch a YouTube channel,
你先发了个视频 接着你想到 哇哦
it starts with one video and then you think wow,
我需要一个横幅广告
I need to have my banner,
我需要一个作品计划表
I need to have my production schedule.
我需要搞定各种灯光 摄像机和麦克风
I need to figure out what lights and what camera or microphone.
你想要完成这个激动人心的大工程
And you’d like to build up this huge project
但是突然内心涌现胆怯
that is very exciting but then the fear kicks in.
就像 我该如何全力以赴
And then it’s like, well how do I go out
来完成这所有事情?
and accomplish all those things?
我需要一支队伍 我需要钱 我需要资源 我需要时间
I need a team, I need money, I need resources, I need time,
我需要很多很多的计划
I need to plan, I need to plan, I need to plan.
然后你就陷入这种持续的计划模式
And you’re stuck in this constant planning mode
最终它只是变成了这么一个大点子
and it becomes such as such a big idea
你却没有为之付出任何行动
but then you never do anything about it.
好吧 如果你能在点子刚冒出那会儿
Well, if you can cut that off sooner
尽早省却那些繁枝冗节
and as soon as you get an idea
当它还不起眼 你也跃跃欲试的时候
while it’s still little of something that you want to try
就勇往直前去做吧
go ahead and do it.
去看看有没有问题
Go and see how it works.
看看你能否乐在其中
See if you enjoy it.
看看你是否愿意再接再厉
See if you want to do it again.
我来举个约会的例子
I keep thinking back to dating as an example
如果你在第一次约会前
where if you’re about to meet somebody for the first time
就考虑好了你们的未来
if you’re already thinking long term,
考虑好了结婚 孩子 退休 还有葬礼
if you’re already thinking about the wedding, the kids, and retirement, and death.
你把所有的事情都考虑了一遍
Like you’re thinking all the way out there
你会发现 甚至你要向这个人打个招呼
you’re putting so much pressure
都会感到压力山大
that you find out even going to say hi to this person
都不知道是否可行
and you don’t even know if it’s ever going to work out.
或者仅仅一起去喝咖啡 看看能否心动
Or just go out grab a coffee, see if you like them.
看看愿不愿意进一步发展
See if you want to go up for another coffee.
我认为一旦你想到某个点子
Right I think as soon as you get an idea
就去尝试 虽然它会令人不爽 感到恐惧
to just try it and it’s uncomfortable and it’s scary
但是要定个小目标去尝试
but just try it in some small way.
我想到了几年前我在马来西亚的演说
I think about my Malaysia speech that I did a couple years ago
对我来说很有意义
it was a meaningful speech for me
因为我第一次把《你的一个词》
because the first time I introduced Your One Word
和《相信》介绍给了观众
and Believe to an audience.
也许我第一次介绍给你们是在YouTube
Maybe I did it to you guys first on YouTube
但其实 我喜欢对着观众演讲
but I like to actually speak to audience.
时值上台之前
And just before going on stage
在吃早餐的时候一个女人拦住我
I had a woman stop me at breakfast
给我讲她受到的网络欺凌
and was talking about how she was being cyber bullied
以及由此给她带来的不良影响
and how it was really impacting her negatively
她甚至想过停用她所有的社交帐号
and she was thinking of shutting down all her social accounts.
还谈到了我对她家庭的影响
And the impact that I had in her family
这个伤感的故事出自一位非常美丽 善良 有爱的女士
and just a really sad story from a really beautiful wonderful caring woman.
我那时正准备上台去做我的第二个演讲
And I was about to get on stage about to go do my second speech
不知为何 我突发奇想
and I just thought of this idea like
让她参与其中岂不是很好?
wouldn’t it be great to involve her somehow?
给她某种认同岂不是很好?
Wouldn’t it be great to get it give her some recognition
观众中会有人支持她么?
and have the people in the audience support her.
于是我把她带上舞台
And so I brought her up on stage
她当时茫然无措
she had no idea what was happening
我就问她
and I asked her you know
是否愿意我把她的故事讲出来 她答应了
are you ok if I tell your story she said yes.
然后我就讲了她的故事
and I told her story
当我在演讲的时候 我想让大家做点什么
and then what I wanted people to do was while I was speaking
我让我这位新朋友站到舞台的一侧
I had just my new friend here to the side of the stage
然后我说:“各位 我希望你们可以上台
and I said, “Everybody what I want you guys to do is come up
与她一起合影
and take a picture with her,
打上和平或爱的标签”
put hashtag I think with hashtag peace or hashtag love.”
“已在照片中标记了我的人和她合影
“And anybody who tagged me in the picture takes a picture with her
并且打上和平或爱的标签
and has hashtag peace or love,
我将给他们
I will give them.
我会赠送他们一本我的指南
I gave them one of my my guides,
一本可以下载的电子书”
one of my e-book download that I had.”
当我在前面说的时候
And while I was talking at the front
后面排了很长的队
there was a huge line up.
在整个演出的过程中
And throughout the entire presentation
大家与她合照
people were taking pictures with her
一起欢声笑语
and they were laughing and they were smiling
一起留下喜悦的泪水
and there were tears of joy and happiness
对我这位刚认识的女士朋友来说 影响巨大
and it really made an impact on my new friend,
也让经历此事的每一个人感到刻骨铭心
this woman that I had met,but also on everybody coming through
意味深长
that this was something that was really important.
那次演讲对每个人来说都极为宝贵
And it made the talk that much more valuable to everybody.
它即兴而成 并非提前铺排
And it just happened spur the moment this was not a planned thing,
如果那个早餐时间她没来见我
if she didn’t come and meet me at breakfast
没有叫住我 给我讲她的故事
and stop me and say hi and tell me her story
可能就没有后面的事了
I wouldn’t have done that.
那我就会继续着俗套的有备演讲
I would have just continued with my regularly planned speech.
所以我认为有计划是好事
And so I think it’s good to have a plan
但是做些调整
but it’s good to make adjustments,
克服未知感也未尝不是好事
it’s good to lean into the unknown.
当我有了这个想法后 我没有想着把它做大
I had this idea and instead of making it this big thing
留给我下次的演讲用
that I could save for the next time I do a speech,
也没有想着拖到再有类似事情时才做
or the next time this thing happens
而是想着我要立刻做点什么
I’m going to do something right now.
或许会成功 或许会失败
And it may work and it may not work out
但是我得去试一试
but I’m going to test it.
结果那个尝试效果非常好
And that one worked out really well.
但是有时并无卵用
But sometimes it doesn’t work out.
有时你会摔个嘴啃泥
Right. Sometimes you fall on your face.
有时候你认为自己能为之一跳
Sometimes you think you do that jump
结果却做不到 你就失败了
and you can’t make it and you fall down.
这也时而发生
That’s going to happen too
我试着直面 我宁愿去选择去了解和失败
but I try to embrace the approach if I would rather know
也不愿不去了解
and fail, than not know.
不愿只是生活在想法中
Than just live in my head
因为明明都知道
because I would hate to think that
在这里我可以帮助到这位女士
here is this woman who I could have helped
她和我也都能对房间里的观众
who could have made a meaningful contribution to
做出意味深长的贡献
and all these people in a room that I could have helped them in a meaningful contribution to
但想多了 我却会因为害怕而不去做
but I was too scared to do it,
也会害怕计划不够完美 结果一无所为
I was too scared of releasing an imperfect plan and so I did nothing.
往往在工作和生活中我们就是这样
And that’s too often what we do in our business and in our lives.
有了想法
We had this idea
却担心做不出一个完美的计划
and we’re too afraid to release an imperfect plan
结果到头来 一事无成
and we do nothing as a result.
永远不存在完美的计划
There will never be a perfect plan.
你可以想到一个很不错的计划
You can think up a plan all you want
但是一旦你踏进现实来测试
but as soon as you start to get out there into the world and test it
你的计划就赶不上改变
your plan will change.
每一个成功的公司 他们最初的计划
Every single successful business, the plan they started with
和帮他们成就发展的最终计划总是不一样
is not the plan that ultimately helped them grow.
计划还是那个计划 但是得有所改变 有所适应
It was part of their plan, but they had to change it, had to adapt.
我们大部分人总是被自己思想所束缚
And so too many of us are just stuck in our heads
导致行动力不足
and we don’t take enough action.
所以我力劝 下次当你感到不安时
And so I strongly encouraged you the next time you feel uncomfortable,
下次当你感觉紧张时
the next time you’re feeling nervous about something,
下次当你感到有点恶心时
the next time you get that little queasy feeling
当你纠结于做还是不做时
you know the, I don’t know if I should do that or not,
不要想 去做吧
just do it.
同意吧
Say yes.
迎面而上吧 宁愿去了解 去失败
Embrace the approach you would rather know
也不要去悔过余生
and have it fail than live the rest of your life with regrets
因为考虑太多 你就会失去采取行动的勇气
because you were too afraid to take some kind of action.
所以今天的问题是 我很好奇
So the question today is I’m curious
你一直在为之努力
what is something that you are working on
但却不敢公布的事情是什么?
that you’re afraid to release?
那还不够完美 但现在你要走进现实
That is imperfect but now you’re going to go out
开始行动 让大家知道
and push it and let people know about it
至少 做点细微动作
at least in a small way.
我很好奇 你那个工程是什么
I’m curious, what is that project.
欢迎大家在下面留言
Leave it down the comments below
我很好奇想了解
I’m really curious to find out.
如果你在视频刚上线的几个小时内留言
And if you leave a comment within the first couple hours
就有机会赢得今天两个奖品之一
this video is going to live you have a chance to win one of two daily prizes.
我也想快速感谢下克里斯和吉利安娜
I also want to give a quick shout out to Chris and Juliana.
谢谢你们挑了《你的一个词》我这本书
Thank you guys so much for picking up a copy of my book Your One Word
并拿着它在你们车里拍了这张美照
and taking that great picture in your car with it.
希望你们会享受到阅读的乐趣 非常感谢你的支持
I hope you enjoyed the read and I really appreciate the support.
再次谢谢大家的观看
Thank you guys again for watching.
我相信你
I believe in you.
不管你的那个词是什么
I hope you continue to believe in yourself
希望你也可以一直相信自己
and whatever your one word is.
爱你们 咱们明早见
Much love and I’ll see you again tomorrow morning
再来一杯浓咖啡
for another shot of espresso.
#每天早上我醒来#
♫ I wake up every morning
#浓咖啡为我续航#
♫ Enspresso keep me goin’
#每个早上#
♫ Every morning
[打字员打字声]
(typewriter typing)
做一些新的事情
– Do something new.
你想建立一个恒定舒适区 你懂的
You know you’re gonna make it a very constant comfort zone.
到了一定年纪 我们都会这样做
That’s what we all do we get to a certain age.
呆在舒服的地方
You will stay at the comforts,
日复一日 几个人靠在躺椅上看着电视
some of the recliners watching television day in and out there.
当我们到了某个年龄的时候 我们乐于说
And we get certain age we receptive I say,
为什么坐在那里 看着电视
why I sit around watching television
度过我这快要走完的余生呢?
through the rest of my life that I’ve done it all.
就像写的那样 “躺在我的桂冠上”
Sitting on my laurels it reads.
其实不值得 我想说 生命是如此短暂
It’s not worth it I mean life is so short and such glorious
世间美景不乏惊世骇俗
images in the world and such horror as well.
世界这么大 我想去看看
But I want to see it all
所以我离开了我的舒适区
so I’ve moved out of my comfort zone.
这对我至关重要 否则我还是死了算了
It’s some essential for me otherwise I may as well die.
所以我成功了 打破了书中的每一条规则
So I’ve done it I’ve broken every rule in the book
并非出于蓄意 也并非想要证明给别人看
and not out of malice or any
我这样做是给我自己看
telling anyone that, I’ll show you. I did it for to show myself.
那时我对着镜子想 总有一天我要证明给自己看
I’ve showed myself. I looked in mirror,
我已经做到了
I thought, I’ll show you one day.
我已经完成了一些事 还写了音乐
I’ve done something completely. And I wrote the music,
我感到自己潜力无穷
and I feel limitless.
我很好奇 你已经获得诸如奥斯卡提名
– You want to grab me you’ve got like the nomination for an Oscar.
美国演员工会奖 还有金球奖 你获了很多奖
You’ve won a SAG award, you won the Golden Globe. You’ve won so much.
你是怎样坚持走下去的呢?
Like how’d you keep going?
是什么激励了你呢?
Like what inspires you?
老实说 我祈祷我总能敞开心扉
– Honestly I pray always stay open.
如果你永远在学习新东西
You know if you always learn something new
你就会受到鼓舞
you can be inspired.
我不是那种满足现状 回首过去的人
But I don’t just kind of sit and look at the past like I did this.
我不会去想我的成就 除非别人 比如你提醒了我
Until people like you remind me of a lot of that stuff
我的想法不会一成不变
I don’t really you know think about it in the same way
因为我明白 新事物一定会涌现
because I see the new things on the horizon
我觉得没必要日复一日做同样的事情
and I don’t feel like I have to do the same thing over and over.
如果你是个创新之人
I think if you’re a creative person
你就跟着你的感觉走
then you kind of just have to follow your vibe.
如果有能激发你我兴趣的
If an opportunity is there for something interesting
机会存在
that you know sparks me and you,
那你就得去努力争取
then you can go for it.
我永远不会是那种觉得自己做不来的人
And I was just kind of never one of those people that felt like I couldn’t do it.
我身边有很多正能量的人
I’ve got the right people around me,
我相信做任何我想做的事情
I believe to do anything I want to do.
你总能精通于你所做的事情
– Well you are doing kind of master of you’ve done.
我一点也不精通 我只是坚持不懈而已
– I don’t master at all but I persevered through it all
这让我有机会找到投身其中的下一件事
and it gives me a chance to find the next thing to work on.
我就像个一个奋斗者
So I’m a fighter you know I
我知道如何接受 正如我曾给予他们的那样
I know how to take them as much as I’ve been give them.
出于某种原因
– So when I for some reason felt that I had
当我在试镜操练队时
this small bit of confidence to audition
我感到多少有点信心
for the drill team.
那时我确信 我为了队长的位置面试
And I made sure I was auditioning for captain
而不仅仅是成为队伍的一部分
not just to be a part of the team
这并非我人生中常做的事情
which is not that was not something that I normally did in my life.
就像是走出舒适区
Like step outside of my comfort zone and do something
做一些被拉到人前的事情
where I was being put out in front of people.
但我面试完 他们让我做了队长后
But I auditioned and they made me captain
队伍教练伊丽莎白·坎丁
and the drill team coach Elizabeth Camtine
立刻发现了我身上的某种东西
saw something in me immediately.
她发现了我的一种能力
She saw an ability that I had my body proportions
她觉得 我的身体比例就像一个芭蕾舞女
and she thought, you are a ballerina
于是想把我介绍给
and I want to introduce you to someone
“男孩女孩俱乐部”一个免费教芭蕾舞的人
who’s giving a free ballet class
她已经参加了这门课程的学习
at the Boys and Girls Club that she already attends.
我对芭蕾一点也不感兴趣
So I was not at all interested in ballet.
每次上课我都躲在舞蹈教室后面的篮球场上
But after about a week of hiding out
这样大约过了一周时间
in the back of this ballet class on the basketball court
老师辛西娅·布拉德利把我拉了出来
the teacher Cynthia Bradley pulled me on and
于是我穿着袜子 短裤和T恤
I took my first class in socks and
上了我的第一堂课
shorts and a T-shirt.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你是否害怕未知感?你是否愿意跨出舒适区?记住,有了想法,不要犹豫,只管去做。没有最好的你,只有更好的你。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

路易威尔

审核员

审核员SX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb1tWkbEa8

相关推荐