ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

见者即亡 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

见者即亡

You See This You Die

Among my many accomplishments there is one that I am most proud of,
在我众多成就中有一个我最引以为傲
and that is the fact that I might have taken the most dangerous selfie in the world.
就是我可能拍下了世上最危险的自拍照
I am the man who appeared in a photograph
照片中的人就是我
next to what is now called Chernobyl’s Elephant’s Foot’.
在如今所谓的切尔诺贝利“象脚”旁边
I’m the guy that set up a camera for a shot next to a great big pile of nuclear fuel
我就是那个在一大堆核燃料旁拍照的家伙
that contained melted concrete and metal,
它掺杂着熔化的混凝土和金属
a hyper-radioactive mass that was so dangerous when it formed
当一个高放射堆形成时 它极其危险
that if you stood next to it in minutes
如果在旁边待几分钟
the cells in your body would start to hemorrhage.
你的体细胞就会开始大出血
Stay there two minutes and you’d fall to the floor and start throwing up,
停留两分钟你就会晕倒在地并开始呕吐
and if you hung around a minute longer within two days you’d be dead.
如果你再闲逛一分钟 两天内必死无疑
My name is Artur Korneyev and this is my story.
我叫亚瑟•科尔涅耶夫 这是我的故事
So, this is me standing next to that Elephant’s Foot
这就是在象脚旁边的我
and you’re probably wondering how I’m able to speak to you today
你们可能在想如今我能怎样向你们讲述
given the fact that this shouldn’t be possible.
说出这个不可能发生的事实
But let me start with how I got to that pile of heated death
但请让我从如何接近死亡边缘说起
before I tell you how I overcame it.
然后我会告诉你们我是怎么克服的
As you all know on April 26, 1986,
众所周知1986年4月26日
there was what you might call a pretty big problem at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine.
发生了你们所说的乌克兰切尔诺贝利核电站大灾难
At Unit 4 of that power plant technicians had gone ahead with a safety test
技术人员已前往四号反应堆做安全测试
which to say the least was ill-advised.
但结果不尽人意
The reactor was blasted apart by steam, and what ensued was an eruption of radiation that
蒸汽冲破了反应器 引发了放射物喷发
killed many people and scarred the very planet.
这致使生灵涂炭 也让地球伤痕累累
Some of the workers died immediately, but what people didn’t know at the time was
一些工作人员迅速死亡 但人们不知道的是
that many of the rescue workers and firefighters that got close to huge amounts of radiation
许多营救人员和消防员在受到大量辐射后
would die painfully and slowly.
会慢慢痛苦地死去
That radiation would seep into their bodies and virtually eat them from the inside.
核辐射会渗入体内 从内部实质性地侵蚀他们
Thousands of others would take in smaller amounts of radiation
成千上万无辜者会摄入较少的辐射
and just how many of them would die from radiation-related cancers is anyone’s guess.
而多少人会死于辐射引发的癌症就不得而知了
Some of those people were the inhabitants of the city of Pripyat where the plant was located.
其中一些人居住在普里皮亚季 这也是核电站所在地
On the night of the disaster they gathered together
灾难当晚他们聚集到一起
and watched in shock as a great beam of light lit up the night sky.
惊恐地注视着一大束火光划破天空
What they didn’t know is that
他们不知道的是
this thing they were observing was potentially their murderer.
他们观察着的东西正悄悄地葬送他们性命
It was chaos, utter chaos.
现场混乱 一团糟
Soon the clean-up job was on the way and in all maybe half a million people were involved,
很快清理工作步入正轨 约有50万人参与
risking their lives for the safety of others…
他们冒着生命危险保护他人
and this is why I come in, your faithful and dedicated photographer.
这是我加入的原因 作为你们忠实奉献的摄影师
I was sitting at home after the disaster
灾难发生后我正待在家
having been filled in by some of my colleagues over in Ukraine about just what had happened.
忙于和在乌克兰的同事探讨发生了什么
I had no idea as to the extent of the damage and just how destructive it would be
我对这件事的伤害程度和毁灭性一无所知
but I knew that what had happened would likely change the world forever.
但我知道已发生的灾难会永久性地改变世界
Nuclear reactors are not supposed to explode.
核反应堆本不该爆炸
How did I know any of that?
我是如何知道的呢?
Well, you might not have heard of me,
你们可能没听说过我
but back when I was in my mid-30s when that reactor lid blew off,
但当反应堆爆炸时我三十多岁
in my native Kazakhstan I was considered perhaps the most renowned radiation specialist.
我在故乡哈萨克斯坦是最有名的辐射专家
Not to blow my own trumpet, but let’s just say that me and radiation have had a very
不是吹牛 仅仅说我与辐射就有很长一段
long love-hate relationship.
爱恨交织的关系
I might well have been exposed to more radiation than anyone else on this planet
在地球上可能没人比我接触的辐射更多
which is another of my great if not dangerous accomplishments.
这是我另一个不危险的杰出成就
I knew I’d get the call ‘Hey. Mr. Korneyev
我接到电话“科尔涅耶夫先生
we need your help, the Soviet Union needs your help.
我们需要您的帮助 苏联需要您的帮助
Comrade Korneyev, your flight has been booked and we expect to see you today.’
科尔涅耶夫同志 您的航班预定好了 希望今天见到您”
In a way, that call might have translated to, ‘Comrade Korneyev,
总之 这通电话可理解成 “科尔涅耶夫同志
we are expecting you to go on a suicide mission.
我们期望您接手一个自杀任务
Say goodbye to your loved ones now
现在和你所爱之人道别吧
because you likely won’t see them again.’
因为你们可能会永别”
What you need to know about the blast, is that while the fire was incredibly big and
关于爆炸你们要知道的是 当火势十分凶猛时
the radiation released nothing short of catastrophic
核泄漏简直是灾难性的
all that merely came from about five tons of fuel.
这都仅仅起因于大约五吨的燃料
That was bad enough, but there was about 200 more tons of this highly radioactive fuel
这已经足够糟糕了 但约有200多吨高辐射核燃料
still in the bowels of the plant.
仍然在核电站内部
If that went up the disaster would have been beyond anything you can imagine
一旦酿成灾难后果不堪设想
and the fallout of that would have been bodies stacked from Ukraine to Sweden.
而且从乌克兰到瑞典 辐射微尘会沉积入人体
They wanted me to go into those bowels of the building and determine just how much radiation was leaking.
他们想让我进入建筑内确认多少放射物在泄露
The mission was one of great importance
这是极其重要的任务之一
since the cleanup job couldn’t go ahead until they knew just how much radiation there was.
因为需要了解有多少放射物 清理工作才能进展下去
I bid farewell to my family and friends and assured them I would be back
我告别家人朋友并保证我会回来
and that I would return in good health, which was a lie of course,
而且会平安归来 这当然是谎言
but crying a river of tears is not how we did things back then in Kazakhstan.
但是泪流成河不是哈萨克斯坦人的风格
I had a job to do and the safety of countless people was my responsibility.
我有任务要做 无数人的安全是我的责任
I got on that plane and quickly downed two straight vodkas
上了飞机 我快速喝了两杯纯伏特加
something back home we might refer to as taking your medicine.
在家时喝这东西就像喝药一样
The place was chaotic when I arrived.
我到达时 那里一片混乱
Men were rushing around, traipsing through muddy fields, sat in groups drinking vodka,
人们四处奔忙 趟着泥 坐一起喝伏特加
hardly saying a word to each other.
几乎一言不发
These were brave men, courageous souls, whose fearlessness in the face of death was astounding.
这些勇者 英魂 他们脸上的无畏让人震惊
I was told I would be taking a team into what you might call the belly of the beast.
我被告知将带队深入所谓的野兽之腹
That was a steel and concrete structure they’d built around the reactor
那是建在反应器周围的钢筋混凝土建筑
to limit the leakage of that dangerous radiation.
用来阻止危险放射物的泄露
We called it the sarcophagus
我们称它为石棺
and we all knew that any man that entered this structure might not have long to live.
我们都知道进了这个建筑的人活不了多久
When I first came eye-to-eye with the thing it was like walking up to the gates of hell.
当我第一次直视它 感觉像走入地狱之门
There should have been a sign over the entrance that read, ‘Abandon hope all ye who enter here.’
在入口处本该有个指示牌“放弃希望吧 来者”
What we discovered inside was beyond our expectations.
在里面的发现超出了我们预期
At first we just looked around and checked the levels of radiation.
一开始我们只是环顾四周并检查辐射水平
Materials everywhere were leaking that stuff
原料四处泄露
and sometimes we just kicked hardened fuel out of the way.
有时我们只得在变硬的燃料里踢出路来
As they say on TV, we don’t suggest you try that at home.
正如电视里说的 请勿在家尝试
I wasn’t wrong when I compared the sarcophagus to hell.
我把石棺比做地狱并没有错
That radioactive fuel had become so hot it had turned into a kind of hot sludge,
这些放射性燃料升温转化成一种热煤泥
a lava that took with it anything in its path.
一种所到之处寸草不生的熔浆
Uranium, zirconium, concrete, metal, sand, all flowed through the building
铀 锆 混凝土 金属 沙石 都流过该建筑
and eventually burned right through the floor.
最后点燃了地板
It was a scene Satan himself would have been proud of.
这是一个撒旦也会引以为傲的场景
Once that lava cooled down a bit it hardened, and in places we saw masses of it that looked
一旦熔浆冷却变硬 一堆堆废料就随处可见
to us like waterfalls that had frozen.
对我们来说就像冻住的瀑布
11 tons of this stuff would in time pile up in one of the corridors,
11吨的这种物质会随时堆在通道里
and that giant mass would become what we called the Elephant’s Foot.
那种大团块就是我们所说的“象脚”
It would be my backdrop for the most dangerous selfie in the world.
它也成为了我的世上最危险自拍照的背景
For years I’d return to that place, despite the dangers, and check out radiation levels.
多年来我都会回去检查辐射水平 尽管很危险
You have to remember that for a long time after this disaster stopped filling your dailyTV news channels,
你要知道 当每天的电视节目不再充斥着这个灾难的新闻的很久以后
inside the sarcophagus was still a very dangerous place to be.
石棺内部仍是一个非常危险的去处
Since I first arrived at Chernobyl those first few days after the disaster
自从我首次在灾后几天去往切尔诺贝利后
I’ve been back hundreds of times.
我已经去过不下百次了
I’ve seen the devastation and I have never relinquished my fear of the beast.
我见证了毁灭而且从未摆脱对那个野兽的恐惧
That foot you’ve seen me next to
你们看到我旁边的象脚
when it was first formed gave off 10,000 roentgens an hour.
它最初形成后每小时释放一万伦琴射线
That might not mean much to you,
这对你们可能意义不大
but it’s enough to kill a man if he stood next to it for a matter of minutes.
但几分钟内就足以杀死它周围的人
It took me some years to get near it,
我花费几年时间来研究它
but let me tell you, when I finally did it was still extremely radioactive.
但我告诉你们 我最后研究时它仍极具放射性
So, you’re now wondering
所以 你们会想
just how I am still alive and telling you the story
我是如何活着向你们讲述这个故事的
how a 71-year old Kazakh is still speaking
一个71岁的哈萨克斯坦人怎么还在发言
when he should have been another victim whose life was painfully
他本该像其他受害者一样
ended by Acute Radiation Syndrome.
痛苦地死于急性辐射并发症
Well, you could say I have just been lucky.
嗯 你可以说我很幸运
The fact is viewers, I should be dead, but I’m not.
理论上作为观察员 我早该死了 但却没有
I don’t visit hell these days, but I’ve probably had my fair share of radiation over the years.
我没死 但这些年我同样受到了辐射
Even when I took a journalist down to see the Elephant’s Foot back in 2001
甚至在2001年我带记者去看象脚时
that mound of malignancy was still measuring 800 roentgens an hour.
那堆恶性废料堆仍能测出每小时800伦琴射线
To put that into perspective for you, the limit that is considered safe is 0.3 roentgens per week.
说得更直白点 安全限制是0.3伦琴每周
Ok, so these days my health isn’t great, but at least I’m alive.
所以这些日子我的健康并不好 但至少我还活着
I’m what you might call a bit on the sickly side and my vision isn’t what it used to be
所谓病态的一面是 我的视力不如从前了
but I’ve been to hell and back hundreds of times
但我已经多次死里逃生了
and I’d go again if they hadn’t barred me.
而且我还会去只要他们不阻止我
Apparently they think I might have overdone it with the radiation exposure.
显然他们认为我已经过多地暴露于辐射中
The radiation is contained now, but make no mistake,
辐射现已被遏制 但别搞错
it isn’t going to disappear just yet.
它目前还不会消失
That Elephant’s Foot is still nice and warm, but I don’t suggest you visit and give it a rub.
象脚仍壮观且有余温 但我不建议参观接触
Yep, things are better but that mound is still a formidable monster.
情况好些了 但放射堆还是可怕的怪兽
One thing I can tell you is that Soviet radiation is the best radiation in the world.
我可以告诉你们苏联射线是世上最好的射线
That’s one of my jokes by the way, you can call it Kazakh dark humor.
开玩笑 你们可以称它哈萨克人的黑色幽默
That’s a fascinating story in itself, but we’re guessing some you haven’t heard the
这本身是个极好的故事 但我们猜有人没听过
full story of the Chernobyl disaster.
切尔诺贝利灾难的完整故事
Luckily for you then that here at the Infographics Show we’ve researched the matter a bunch of times.
幸运的是 如图所示我们多次研究了该问题
So have a look at one of these videos.
可以观看一些视频
‘How I Survived Chernobyl’ or ‘What Caused the Catastrophic Nuclear Accident in Chernobyl’
“我如何在切尔诺贝利幸存”或“什么导致了切尔诺贝利事故”

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一则硬汉与切诺贝利的故事

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzVPt9uwR4I

相关推荐