ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

你有权发声 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你有权发声

You Have the Right to Speak Up

Despite a lot of encouragement, despite political freedoms and psychological exhortations,
尽管有对发声的鼓励 尽管发声在政治上自由 也是心理驱使
we suffer, still, most of us, in silence.
我们大多数人还是保持沉默
We don’t say quite say,until it is way too late,
我们总是不爱说话 直到为时已晚
what is wrong,
哪里错了
what we want,
我们想要什么
how we are angry,
我们有多生气
what we’re ashamed of,
我们对什么感到羞耻
and the way we would like things to be.
我们希望事态怎么发展
It shouldn’t perhaps really be a surprise
把话说出来让人觉得困难
how hard the speaking up continues to feel.
这或许不足为奇
For most of the history of humanity,
在人类历史上的多数时期
speaking up was about the most dangerous thing an ordinary human could do.
发声几乎是普通人能做的最危险的事
There were mighty superiors above us, who demanded complete obedience
强权要求我们绝对服从
and were strictly uninterested in anything we might have to say.
他们没有任何兴趣听取我们的想法
Speaking up would have got one flogged, excommunicated or killed.
如果敢说出来 就会挨鞭子 被逐出教会或被杀死
Democracy is, at best, some two hundred and fifty years old
民主 少说也有近二百五十年的历史了
and our psychological development has a habit of lagging far beyond our social realities.
而我们心理上的成熟度却远滞后于社会现实
Long after a war is over,
战争结束很久之后
we respond with the fears of the hunted
我们仍会表现出逃亡者的恐惧
and centuries after the last feudal lord moved into an apartment in town,
末代封建领主搬入城市公寓后的几个世纪
we behave with some of the meek humility of the cowed serf.
我们表现得温顺谦恭 就像被吓住的农奴
In personal life, similar principles of submission have applied.
在个人生活中 类似的委曲求全的原则依然适用
Throughout history, a good child did not speak up in any way.
纵观历史 好孩子从未以任何方式开口发言
If we were sad,
如果我们伤心了
we just cried softly in our pillow at night.
晚上只在枕头里轻声哭泣
If we mistakenly spilt some ink,
如果不小心洒了墨水
we’d try to hide the evidence.
我们会费尽心思掩盖痕迹
An adult does not have to be an outright bully
家长并不需要为了让孩子闭嘴
to disable a child from speaking.
而成为彻头彻尾的恶霸
If they are often on edge (preoccupied by matters at work perhaps),
如果他们经常焦躁不安(或许为工作事务忙得不可开交)
or if they seem depressed and close to breakdown
或者感到沮丧 近乎崩溃
or have elevated yet rigid ideals of who their children should be,
或者对孩子应成为哪种人有着崇高而又坚定的理想
then a child might as well have a belt around their mouth.
这时候孩子倒不如谨言慎行
So most of the years human beings have been on this planet,
所以人类在这星球上生活的大部分时间里
it’s been a story of festering, of sulking,
是一段 充斥着恶化 生闷气
of bitterness, of suppressed rage, of bitten lips
痛苦 压抑的愤怒 双唇紧闭
and of saying, openly, nothing.
并且一言不发 的故事
Only very recently, in the last second from an evolutionary perspective,
直到最近 从进化的角度来看
have we awoken to the possible benefits and sometime necessity of speaking up.
我们才开始意识到 发声的潜在好处及必要性
We know that it is good in offices
我们知道 工作上
if people lower down the organisation speak up to those towards the top.
下级勇于向上级提出建议是好现象
We know that it is good, in love, if partners who feel aggrieved and sad about something
在恋爱关系中 情侣间能说出生气和难过的原因
however small and petty it might sound,speak up,
不管是多么鸡毛蒜皮的事 讲出来就是很好的
so as to be able to feel affection and desire once more.
这也有利于进一步增进情感 加深了解
We know in families that it is good if children manage to tell their parents
在家庭中 如果孩子能够直接告诉父母
they’re not interested in certain sorts of jobs
他们不喜欢某个任务
or can complain if they are being mistreated.
或抱怨自己受到虐待 这也是好现象
But the legacies of our unfreedom are everywhere to be seen.
但是桎梏束缚的痕迹仍然随处可见
We smile a little too readily,
我们笑得过于做作
we try a little too hard to appease;
我们太努力去息事宁人了
we are a little too slow to articulate a hurt.
我们表述伤害的速度有点慢
We aren’t, in this respect, just being nice,
从某种意义上说 这不只说明我们宽容
we’re scared and ashamed.
也是我们恐惧和难为情的表现
Our friendliness is born not out of choice,
我们的友善并非主观的选择
but out of an inability to dare to cause upset.
而是因为不敢惹麻烦
To learn to speak up requires two rather odd-sounding things.
要做到敢于发声需要做到两点 虽然听起来怪怪的
Firstly, a recognition that, at some level, we are afraid,
首先 一种认识是 在某种程度上 我们害怕
afraid that if we speak we will be killed.
怕发声招致杀身之祸
It sounds odd, and humiliating,
这听起来怪怪的 还很丢人
but that is how little children feel when dad has slammed the door
但这就是父亲甩门而出时
or mum has said enough times ‘you’ll be the end of me’,
或母亲反复说“你就是我的末日”时 小孩子的想法
and it is in the childhood imagination
在童年的想象中
that our picture of what will happen if we speak are first formed.
我们第一次对发声的后果产生了印象
And secondly, we need to acknowledge, in our mature moments,
其次 我们需要接受的是 在成熟阶段
the adult truth that we will not after all be killed if we speak,
成年人的真理是 我们终究不会因发声而死
because enough people have already died on our behalf
因为已经有太多的人
to guarantee us the freedom of speech
为保证我们言论的自由
and our right to cross town
以及穿越城镇
and start a new life somewhere else.
在其他地方开始新生活的权利 而死去
We need to turn what is already enshrined in law
我们要把法律已规定的
into what finally feels believable to us psychologically
变成我们内心最终觉得可信的
– that we do, bravely, have the right to speak up.
那就是 我们确实有权利大胆地发声
At The School of Life we believe that confidence is a skill we can all learn.
在《生命学院》 相信我们都能学到自信这一技能
Our Confidence Prompt Cards are designed to help us master this essential skill.
信心提示卡 旨在帮我们掌握这项必要技能
Click now to learn more.
点击此处了解更多

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

虽然言论自由是受法律保护的,我们大多数时候还是选择了沉默,这种现象到底是什么原因造成的,我们有没有办法克服,这里也许有你想要的答案

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

xyxyx

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dvYAGFc7PA

相关推荐