未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

花钱的方式能换来幸福

Yes, You Can Buy Happiness

Hey, it’s Henry.
大家好 我是亨利
So this is the last episode of our season.
这是我们本季的最后一集
And it turns out,
我们发现
we have some extra money in the budget,
我们的预算还有些结余
and I want to spend that money on myself.
我想把这笔钱花在自己身上
So for this episode,
也就是说这一集
we’re going to figure out how a person,
我们要搞清楚
in this case, me, can spend money
一个人 比如我 是如何通过花钱
to increase their own happiness.
提升个人幸福感的
Now I know what you’re thinking,
我知道你一定在想
“Money can’t buy happiness.”
“金钱买不到幸福”
And you’re right.
你是对的
Sort of.
算是吧
Studies have found that
研究表明
while having more money greatly affects
拥有更多的钱对生活贫困的人们的幸福
the happiness for people living in poverty,
会产生很大影响
once someone earns around $75,000 a year,
但当一个人年收入达到75000美元
the amount of happiness they get from
他们从多余财富中获得的幸福感
from additional funds flattens out.
反而不那么明显
So someone who makes on average $200,000 a year
所以年收入20万美元的人

isn’t necessarily that much happier than somebody
不一定比
who makes a middle class salary, like me.
中产阶级要快乐 比如我
So it’s kind of unbelievable to hear that, you know,
听起来有点儿难以置信
me doubling my salary wouldn’t make me any happier.
薪水翻番并没有让我更快乐
But while more money doesn’t
尽管更多的钱不一定
necessarily mean more happiness,
让你获得更多的幸福感
how we spend our money does.
但我们花钱的方式却可以
And like any good reporter, I did a Google search,
像许多优秀的记者一样 我谷歌了一下
and watched a TED Talk on happiness by this man,
看了一个关于幸福的TED演讲
Dr. Robert Waldinger.
演讲者是罗伯特•沃尔丁格博士
He’s the director of the Harvard of Adult Development,
他在哈佛大学主持成人发展研究
a study that started in 1938,
该研究始于1938年
and continues until this day,
一直持续至今
making it possibly the longest study
这可能是迄今为止
of human happiness
对人的幸福感
ever to have been conducted.
进行的时间最长的研究
We found that many of the things we expect
我们发现了很多早已熟知的
to predict well-being do,
意味着提升幸福的事
like taking care of yourself,
比如照顾好你自己
taking care of your health, not smoking,
注重健康 不吸烟
not abusing alcohol, okay, exercising.
不酗酒 还有 锻炼
But the surprise was that
但令人惊讶的是
the quality of our relationships with other people
提高人际关系的质量
actually keeps us healthier
也能让我们更健康
and keeps us alive longer.
让我们活得更久
So we looked at their cholesterol,
通过人们的胆固醇水平
we looked at their blood pressure at age 50.
他们五十岁时的血压数值
And we looked at their marital satisfaction.
还有婚姻满意度
And what we found was that
我们发现
their marital satisfaction was by far
对婚姻的满意程度
the strongest predictor of what they were gonna
有力地预示出
be like when they were 80.
他们80岁时的状况
Happiest marriages at 50,
50岁时的美满婚姻
predicted better health and happiness at age 80.
预示着80岁时更健康更幸福
But to be able to predict across 30 years,
但要预测未来三十年
that’s a big deal, that begins to get at causation.
不是一件小事 需要找到其中的因果关系
So relationships,
所以 人际关系
it’s like exercise in a way,
在某种程度上就像锻炼
you don’t just do it one week,
你不是锻炼一周
and then you’re done, right?
就算完了 对吧?
That relationships have to be tended to.
人际关系是需要维持的
So your marriage, your friendships, they take work,
因此你的婚姻 你的友谊 都需要花费精力
they take constant attention over time,
需要持续的费心
or they wither away.
否则就会消逝
So how can I buy good relationships? Well,
好的人际关系该去哪买呢?
you can’t, but, but,
哦 那可买不到 不过
that is a question you should ask of
这个问题你应该
the researchers who actually study this.
向此类课题的研究人员寻求答案
Luckily, these researchers also had TED Talks.
幸运的是 这些研究人员也做过TED演讲
And have been focusing on that very question,
并且一直关注着这个问题:
how spending our money affects our happiness.
花钱是如何影响我们的幸福的
The reason why I believe it’s actually very interesting
我认为研究花钱很有趣
to study spending is because it’s so ubiquitous,
因为它无处不在
we all spend
我们都要花钱
and we all actually have a lot of
我们都对自己的花费
control over our spending.
进行过很多的控制
We are going to spend some of our money
我们要花一些钱
because we have to,
因为我们必须这么做
and are we really thinking about
而且我们常常会想
spending it in ways might actually make us happy?
这么花钱真的会让我们感觉幸福吗
And if yes,
假如答案是肯定的
what can we learn as researchers to help people?
那么作为研究人员 我们能从中得出什么有益结论呢?
So there’s a lot of methodology and findings that come
很多方法和结论已经显而易见
from research done by people
得益于桑德拉和迈克尔等人
like Sandra and Michael,
所做的研究
but I wanted to boil down some of the biggest takeaways.
但我想得出一些最完善的结论
First off, and this shouldn’t come as a surprise,
首先 这没什么值得惊讶的
but spend money on buildingsocial relationships,
无非是花钱建立社交关系
Though there is built into our close relationships
尽管我们的亲密关系中
this element of reciprocity, of giving back and forth,
有互惠互利的因素存在
What we’re trying to do in our research
实际上 我们在实验中努力想展现的
is say you can do more of it, actually.
其实不仅是花钱
So it’s probably not useful to give someone $5 and say,
要是给别人5美元 然后说
“Will you be a closer friend of mine?”
你愿意成为我更亲密的朋友吗? 这可能没有用
because that’s not how it works.
因为这不是花钱的正确方式
But it does work to say,”Hey, I really like you.
但是要是说 “嘿 我真的很喜欢你
“And I’d like to take you out to lunch.”
我想请你出去吃午饭” 这就行了
So if you buy coffee,
如果你买咖啡
maybe you might want to spend it
你就会想到给朋友
on buying coffee for yourself and your friend.
也买一杯
Because we know that
因为我们知道
if you spend it on someone else,
如果你肯为别人花钱
you also gain greater happiness.
你也会觉得更幸福
The next big point is to spend more money
下一个重点是把大把的钱
on experiences and less on things.
花在体验而非物质上
Tom Gilovich and his colleagues at Cornell,
康奈尔大学的汤姆•吉洛维奇和他的同事们
for about a decade now, have been doing research
过去十年的一项研究表明
showing that, on average,
通常
buying stuff for yourself
为自己添置东西
doesn’t do much for your happiness.
对幸福感提升没有多大帮助
But buying experiences seems to make us happier.
但买东西时的体验似乎使我们更幸福
What we see when we when it comes to actually buying
当我们一谈到买买买 我们想到的是
material goods versus experiences
物质产品而非体验
is that when we buy our second watch, for example,
比如 当我们换了只新手表时
we might get the spike in happiness,
我们可能受到了幸福感的刺激
but at some point this actually,
但实际上在某一刻
this effect of happiness goes away.
这种幸福感会消失
And to some extent,
在某种程度上
we might even regret at some point spending,
我们甚至会后悔
investing that much money.
花了那么多钱
Whereas if we have experiences,
然而 如果我们获得的是体验
we can go to a concert
比如说去听音乐会
there’s this effect of anticipated happiness,
所期盼的幸福感就会出现
and we look forward to going
然后我们想着
to the concert for two weeks,
再听两个星期的音乐会
even like building up to the experience.
就像在增加体验一样
And then after the experience,
在音乐会之后
we can always go back to it.
我们还可以经常回味
So we have a memory of the experience.
我们就有了关于体验的回忆
We might even share it with friends,
可以和朋友们分享
come back to it every once in a while,
可以不断去回味
you know, when we get together for a fun night.
在那个晚上我们很快乐
And finally, if you’ve been thinking,
最后 如果你
I do want that Apple Watch, and I know it would
真的想要苹果手表
“make me happy,” then good, buy it,
并且确信会使你快乐 那就买
you should know what makes you happy.
你应该知道什么使你开心
If people manage to spend their money in a way
如果人们在花钱时
that is aligned with their own psychological needs
多考虑自己的心理需求
and preferences as reflected by their personality,
和性格上表现出的个人喜好
then that seems to be making people happier.
那么会让他们更快乐
If I’m an extrovert, I might be better off
如果我是个外向的人
spending my money on going out with friends, kind of,
我最好把钱花在和朋友出去玩
kind of,having a very social time,
这类享受社交时光
spending it on exciting stuff.
令人兴奋的事情上
Versus like a friend of mine
相比之下
who’s probably more introverted,
我的一个朋友可能更内向
what they could do instead is spend it on things
他们就可以把钱用来
that improve their quality me time, so to say.
享受独处时光
The first thing that we recommend that people do
首先我们建议人们做的
is literally do an audit of your spending.
就是审视一下自己的花销
And what’s important to you is completely up to you,
只有你自己才知道哪些是重要的
so I can’t say these are the things
什么东西对人生来说重要
that should be important to you in life,
我说了不算
but you know the things
但你却知道
that are important to you in life.
什么是重要的
And typically, when you look at your spending
尤其 当你以这种方式
in this way, you say,
看待你的支出时 你会说
” Wow,I should really shift some money
“哦 我真应该把钱
from that big category over to this big category.”
花在这些上而不是那些”
So to recap the big takeaways,
总而言之
in order to spend money to get happiness,
想要花钱获得幸福
first off, know yourself.
首先 要了解你自己
Are you an introvert, an extrovert?
你是内向的人 还是外向的人?
How do you want to spend your money?
你想怎么花钱呢?
Second,use your money to build social relationships.
第二 钱可以用于社交
And third, put an emphasis on experiences over things.
第三 着重体验而非物质
So if I were to analyze myself for my money,
所以 如果要我分析自己怎么花钱
if I’m getting the best return,
怎样得到最好的幸福收益
I am a person who loves my family
我是一个爱家的人
and I love sharing experiences with them around food.
我喜欢和家人分享有关美食的体验
So I’m thinking I will spend that extra budget money,
我想我会这么花掉结余的预算
you know, for the purposes of the show,
带我老妈去意大利
to take my mom with me to Italy
然后大吃一番
and we have some fantastic meals.
当然这些都是为了节目效果
What are we looking at? Yeah, it’s– So,
这是啥 哦 我看看
it turns out we got like $35.20 left in the budget,
我们发现预算还剩35.2美元
Ummmm so…
那么……
Hey, Mom, do you want to go
喂 老妈 你今晚
to the Olive Garden tonight?
想去橄榄园吃饭吗?

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

是什么让我们过得幸福呢?这个视视频揭示了幸福背后的秘密。如果能利用金钱,也许你也能“买”来幸福和快乐。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

孙卫卫

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUeKPPjOF9E

相关推荐