ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

冤案平反后,生活就能回归正轨吗? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

冤案平反后,生活就能回归正轨吗?

Wrongfully Convicted Prisoners Face Uphill Battle After Exoneration | Freethink #FixingJustice

肖恩·托马斯在狱中待了24年
因为一件不实的指控
我那时候还年轻
I was young, like,
就像有人一下子夺走了你的自由 说你会被判处无期徒刑
for someone to just snatch your freedom from you saying you’re going to do a life sentence
……一切都停止了
…everything just stopped.
大门关上的时候打击了我
It hit me when the door shut,
你知道 我去摇晃大门
and you know, I went to shake the doors
但它们不会再打开的 我在想
and they ain’t open no more I was like
我要在监狱里度过余生
–do I want to stay in jail the rest of my life,
还是学会为自己而战并证明自己无罪呢
or am I going to learn to fight for myself and prove my innocence?
1989年至今
Shaurn is one of roughly 2500 people since1989
美国大概有2500人被无罪释放
who’ve been released from prison in the US
肖恩是其中一个
after proving their innocence.
我们都见过这样的事
We’ve all seen stories like his.
他们从牢里出来时 有眼泪和拥抱 还有电视采访
They get out of prison, there are tears and hugs and TV cameras.
但是这些过后 接下来有什么?
But that all goes away, and then what?
基本上…什么都没有
Turns out…not much.
被误判后 并不会给你带来什么权利
-Just being wrongfully convicted doesn’t entitleyou to anything.
人们会惊讶地发现 无罪释放之后
People are often surprised to find out that once you’re exonerated,
并没有什么程序来帮你重新融入社会
there are no programs to help you re-enter society.
这是约翰•阿尔丹
That’s John Eldan.
约翰创立了一个名为After Innocence的非营利组织
John started a nonprofit called After Innocence.
目的是帮助无罪的人重新融入社会
It helps exonerees get connected to services to help with re-entry,
并倡导 更加包容和全面的赔偿法案
and advocates for more generous and comprehensive compensation laws.
许多人认为 误判会带来意外之财
Many think that wrongful convictions come with a windfall
但是大额赔偿只是个例 并不是规定
but big payouts are the exception, not the rule.
你需要州法律来提供赔偿
-You need a state law that provides for compensation,
但是17个州并没有这样的法规
and 17 states have no such state law at all.
大多数州都存在获取赔偿的 程序上的障碍
And in most of them there are procedural barriers to getting the compensation.
例如 在密苏里州
For example, the state of Missouri will compensate you
如果你是因DNA证据出狱的 就能获得赔偿
if you got out of prison based on DNA evidence
反之则不能
but not if you didn’t.
深入研究这些法规
Look deeply into any of these statutes
你会发现非常不公的事情
and you will find things that are deeply unfair.
大多数人以为 如果你被误判
Most people would assume that if you were wrongfully convicted,
因为没做过的事情入狱 你可以起诉政府
put in prison for something you didn’t do, you can sue the government.
然而冰冷的现实是 大多数
The cold reality is the vast majority of people
能证明自己因没做过的事被关押的人
who can prove that they were imprisoned for something they did not do
通常没有提起民事诉讼
do not have a civil lawsuit.
因为民事诉讼并非取决于冤案本身
Because a civil lawsuit turns not on your wrongful conviction,
而在于警察 侦探 实验室技术人员
but on the bad actions by a cop
所做的不好的行为
by a detective, by a lab technician,
有时候 检察官那里你都无法过关
and sometimes, a prosecutor that put you there.
如果你不能证明你的误判
If you can’t prove that your wrongful conviction was caused
是由国家公务人员的错误行为造成的
by bad actions of a state officer,
你就无法提起诉讼
you have no lawsuit.
没有钱 而且还没有正规机构来帮他们独立起来
So, with no money, and no formal programs to help them get back on their feet,
因此他们处境艰难
exonerees are left in a really tough spot.
这就是约翰着手的地方
And that’s where John comes in.
你好吗?
-How’re ya doing?
你好吗 吉姆?
-How you doing, Jim?
你好吗?
-How are you?
嗨 盖理 我是After Innocence的约翰
-Hey Gary, it’s John Edlan from After Innocence.
他们显然收取了那笔钱 但没还给你
-They clearly collected that money and didn’t turn it back to you
我们会想办法看能做些什么
and we’ll see what we can do.
我已经找到了一位理财规划师
-I’ve also found someone who’s a financial planner
她想和你谈谈 如果你乐意的话
who’s interested in talking to you if you want to talk to her.
我们保持联系吧
-Let’s stay in touch about that,
确保没有漏掉任何人的赔偿要求
making sure that nobody is left behind on the compensation claims.
重新开始是很难的
-Getting started all over again is tough.
你应聘工作或是租房时 不得不解释
Think about applying for a job or trying to get an apartment and having to try to explain
过去那些年你在哪儿 为什么没有信用记录
where you’ve been or why you have no credithistory.
一旦被免罪 从牢里出来进入社会后
-Once you’ve been exonerated and you come out to society,
那种感觉就像是一切都只能依靠你自己
it’s like, you’re on your own.
没有什么是为我们准备的 什么都没有
There’s nothing set up for us. Nothing.
约翰迅速意识到
-John quickly realized that there was a need
必须要帮助这个特殊群体 给他们提供关键服务
to help provide this unique group of people with critical services.
我开始考虑这些
-I began to think about –
如果我们能快速找到他们中的许多人呢
what if we could reach a lot of them very quickly?
那成为了我们的目标
That became a goal.
我开始电话联系无罪释放的人 为他们提供帮助
And so I started calling exonerees and offering them assistance
尽管帮助的范围仅限于某些方面 但却是很认真的
in just a few areas, but serious assistance.
其中一项就是健康护理
One of them is healthcare.
第二个方面是法律帮助
The second area we work in is legal services.
第三个方面是在社区里建立社会服务联系
A third area is social service connectionsin your community.
求职训练项目 精神健康 住房帮助
Job training programs, mental health options,housing assistance.
不管是社区里已经有的什么
Whatever it is that may be that already exists in their communities,
我们想帮助他们了解它 更好地利用它
we want to help them learn about it and make better use of it.
[电话响]
(phone rings)
-你好吗?肖恩-我挺好的 你呢?
-How you doing Shraun?-I’m doing all right, how about yourself?
我很好
-I’m alright.
有件事我们必须搞清楚
One thing we want to find out is
你的背景调查怎么回事儿
what’s going on with your background check.
可能你受到的指控仍记录在案
It may show that the conviction is still on the record,
我们想要确保
and we want to make sure that
不管是谁对你进行背景调查 他们查到的信息得是准确的
whoever is running your background check isgetting information that’s accurate.
我24年的生活 你们怎么还给我?
-24 years of my life, how can you give that back to me?
你们能让我的祖父母回来吗?
Can you bring my grandparents back?
你们能带我回到过去看我的侄女
Could you bring me back to see my niece,
我的外甥 我的弟弟们打篮球吗?
my nephew, my little brother play basketball?
那些都是无价的
Just priceless.
我本可以做些现在绝不会知道的事
I could have done something with my life that I would never know now.
那种情形绝不是我们现在这样可以拥有的
The state ain’t gonna be here for us.
对约翰来说 他想要确保
With John, he want to make sure
我们回家后能有一个为自己争取的机会
that we have a fighting chance when we come home.
我们知道预防冤假错案最好的办法
-We know about the best practices for preventing wrongful convictions,
但我们没有 大范围 快速地采用它们
and yet we don’t widely and quickly adopt them.
我们知道厘清并找到更多冤假错案需要付出什么
We know what it would take to root out and find more wrongful convictions,
但我们也没有那样去做
and we don’t do that either.
然后 我们发现有人
And then when we discover the person who’s been imprisoned
因为一些他或她并未犯的事儿坐牢了
for something he or she didn’t do,
我们再次背弃他们
we turn our backs on them again.
这种状况得改
That has to change.
我看不到自己的20多岁 也看不到自己的30多岁
-I ain’t see none of my 20s, I ain’t see none of my 30s, so —
这很让人沮丧 但是 你知道的
it was frustrating but I said you know,
我要接受这些负能量并把它们转化成正能量
I’m gon na take that negative energy and turn it positive.
他们拿不走这样的笑容
They ain’t never gon na take this smile,
尽管过了24年 但是我绝不会让它再次发生
even after 24 years I ain’t gon na let that happen.
谢谢观看
Thanks for watching.
有时候新闻会让人感到很消极
Sometimes the news can feel really negative.
但重要的是 我们要记住
But it’s important to remember
会有约翰•阿尔丹那样的人在
that there are people like Jon Eldan out there
他们在努力改变这种状况
who are working hard to make a difference.
订阅Freethink观看更多类似视频
Subscribe to Freethink for more videos like his.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

有些人含冤入狱多年,平反出狱后人生轨迹已彻底改变,不仅失去的东西无法弥补,想要融入社会也是困难重重。这对他们公平吗?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Cathy

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxcpKx09xUY

相关推荐