ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

书写你的故事,转变历史 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

书写你的故事,转变历史

Write your story, change history

you know what the greatest secret of history
你知道历史最大的秘密是什么吗?
You know what the greatest secret of history is?
那就是历史是可以被改变的。
It’s that history can be changed.
还有,是的,是的,我知道,
And, yeah, yeah, I know,
每个人都说历史不可以被改变,
everyone says history can’t be changed,
但是它的确可以
but it can.
并且今天我们正打算谈论
And today we’re going to talk about
如何说历史不仅仅是一些过去的事,
how history isn’t just something that goes backwards,
历史也在向前,
history goes forward too.
并且所有伟大的事情都还没有发生过,
And all those great things that haven’t happened yet,
这就是历史只是正在等待被书写。
that’s history that’s just waiting to be written.
所以你怎样去改变历史呢?
So how do you change history?
我打算以分享的方式告诉你
I’m going to tell you by sharing with you
每晚我告诉我孩子的三件事
the three things that I tell my kids every night
当我哄他们上床睡觉的的时候
when I tuck them into bed.
是的
It’s true.
我窃取了我的一个朋友的想法
I stole the idea from a friend of mine
他告诉我他的父亲过去常常和他分享什么。
who told me what his father used to share with him.
每一个当我哄孩子上床睡觉的一个人的夜晚,
Every single night, when I tuck my kids into bed,
我告诉他们这3件事
I tell them these three things:
敢于梦想
dream big,
勤奋努力
work hard,
并保持谦逊
and stay humble.
所以让我们来看着他们
So let’s look at them all.
首先,敢于梦想。
First, dream big.
你知道在所有人中谁拥有最远大的梦想吗?
You know who has the biggest, best dreams of all?
是你们,年轻人。
You, young people.
你知道马德路丁金多少岁
You know how old Martin Luther King, Jr. was
成为历史上最著名的
when he became the leader
公共汽车联合抵制运动的领导者吗?
of the most famous bus boycott in history?
26岁
He was 26.
你知道阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特在她
You know how old Amelia Earhart was
第一次打破世界纪录的时候几岁吗?
when she broke her first world record?
25岁
25
你知道史蒂夫·乔布斯联合创办
You know how old Steve Jobs was
苹果公司的年龄吗?
when he co-founded Apple Computer?
21岁
21
你知道杰瑞·西格尔和乔·舒斯特在
And you know how old Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster were
创造世界上第一位、也是最伟大的超级英雄——超人
when they came up with their idea for the greatest superhero of all time,
的时候多少岁吗?
the first one, that they named “Superman”?
他们才17岁!
These guys were 17 years old!
两个17岁男孩创造了超人.
Two 17-year-old kids created Superman.
他们看起来不怎样
They weren’t good looking.
看这些照片,对吧?
(Look at the picture, right?)
他们不时髦
They weren’t popular.
他们没钱
They had no money,
但他们是拥有同一个梦想的最好的朋友。
but they were two best friends with one dream.
因为他们的想象力
And with just their imaginations,
他们给世界带来了超人
they gave the world Superman.
我知道,超人的创造是一个千载难逢的伟大梦想
And I know, creating Superman is a once-in-a-lifetime big dream,
所以我想和你们谈谈亚历山大·斯科特,
so I want to tell you about Alexandra Scott.
大家叫她亚历克斯。
She goes by Alex.
亚历克斯在一岁前就
Alex was diagnosed with cancer
被诊断出患有癌症
before she was even a year old,
因此,她的人生里只有:
and that was the only life she knew:
疾病,化疗以及手术。
sickness, chemotherapy, and surgery.
在她四岁的时候,她问她的父母
When she was four, Alex asked her parents
能不能在她家门口摆一个卖柠檬汁的小摊
could she put a lemonade stand in the front yard?
她不是想以此来给自己买东西
She didn’t want to buy anything for herself,
而是想用卖柠檬汁的钱
she wanted to use the money
来给医生帮助其他患有癌症的孩子。
to give it to doctors to help other kids with cancer.
很快,亚历克斯的柠檬摊就筹得了2000美元。
OK, in a single day, Alex’s lemonade stand raised $2,000!
但是,下面才是我很喜爱的:
But, here’s what I love:
此后不久,其他的柠檬摊开始出现,
soon after that, other lemonade stands started popping up,
而且都是以亚历克斯为名。
all with Alex’s name on it.
结果,他们募捐到了20万美元。
Eventually, they raised $200,000.
然后,亚历克斯制定了一个新目标:
And then Alex had a new goal.
要筹到100万美元。
She said let’s raise $1,000,000.
2004年6月12日,
On June 12, 2004,
数以百计的柠檬摊在这个国家的
hundreds of lemonade stands started opening up
各个州开业。
in every state in the country.
大家通过销售柠檬加糖加水
Ordinary people selling water and sugar and lemons
来帮助罹患癌症的儿童。
to help kids with cancer.
大约两个月后,
Nearly two months later,
亚历克斯在父母的怀抱中离世,
Alex died while her parents were holding her hands.
年仅8岁。
She was 8 years old.
但在她去世前,她定下下一年的目标
But before she died, Alex said that next year’s goal
是要筹到500万美元。
should be $5,000,000.
今天,她的梦想已经筹到了超过4500万美元
Today, her dream has raised over $45,000,000
而且还一直在壮大着。
and it is still going strong!
一个想法,一个小女孩,一个伟大的梦想
One idea, one girl, one big dream.
你知道她是怎么说的吗?
And you know what she said?
这是她去世前亲口所说的话:
This is a direct quote before she died.
她说:“噢,我们可以做到!
She said, “Oh, we can do it!
如果有其他人的帮忙,我想我们能够做到,
If other people will help me, I think we can do it.
我知道我们可以做到!”
I know we can do it!”
你敢于梦想,
You dream big,
我不在乎你的年龄,
I don’t care how old you are,
也不让任何人说你不行,
and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise,
你会改变历史。
you will change history.
接下来就到了我告诉我孩子们的第二点:
And that leads me to the second thing I tell my kids:
勤奋努力。
work hard.
很简单的,所有人都知道的一点
Such a simple one, everyone knows this one.
勤奋努力。
Work hard.
我在我的父亲身上看到了这一点
I saw this one for my father
他在几个月前去世了。
and my father died a few months ago.
在我在布鲁克林长大的过程中,
When I was growing up in Brooklyn,
我的父亲,非常的勤奋努力,
ok, my father, he worked hard.
他很穷,我们家在我成长的过程中很穷。
He had no money, we had, no money growing up.
他每个周六,周日都要工作。
He worked every Saturday, every Sunday.
我每个周末都会亲眼看到什么是艰苦的工作
I watched first-hand every weekend what hard work was.
我看到的最艰难的事就是
And I saw that the hardest work of all
在面对失败时保持坚韧不拔。
is being resilient when you’re facing failure.
当我开始写我的第一本书时,
When I started writing my first book,
我收到了24封退稿信。
my first book got me 24 rejection letters.
要知道,这里面只有20个出版社,
To be clear, there are only 20 publishers,
但我收到了24封退稿信,好吗?
I got 24 rejection letters, OK?
这意味着有人给我写了两封信
That means that some people were writing me twice
以确保我知道被拒的事实。
to make sure I got the point.
但是一直到我在写我的第九本书,
But it wasn’t until I was writing my ninth book,
一本写给我儿子的关于英雄的书的时候,
a book of heroes for my son,
我才发现我最喜爱的在失败中艰苦奋斗的故事。
that I found my favorite story of working hard through failure.
这是一个朋友告诉我的关于莱特兄弟的故事:
It was a story that a friend told me about the Wright brothers.
莱特兄弟在每一次去试飞他们的飞机的时候,
That every time the Wright brothers went out to fly their plane,
他们都会带上足够的材料以备多次的撞击,
they would bring enough extra materials for multiple crashes.
这说明了他们知道
That means for every time they went out,
他们的每一次试飞都会失败。
they knew they would fail.
他们撞击然后重建,
And they would crash and rebuild,
再撞击再重建,
and crash and rebuild,
这才是他们成功起飞的原因。
and that’s why they took off.
我很喜欢这个故事。
I love that story.
我希望我的儿子听到这个故事,
I wanted my son to hear that story,
我也希望我女儿知道这个故事,
I wanted my daughter to hear that story,
我希望每个人都知道如果你敢于梦想
I wanted everyone to know that if you dream big
并且努力奋斗,同失败作斗争,
and you work hard and you fight failure,
你将会改变历史
you will change history
和做到这个世界上还没有人做到的事情。
and do what no one on this planet has ever done before.
这就到了我告诉我孩子们的最后一点:
And that leads me to the final thing I tell them:
保持谦逊
stay humble.
事情是这样的:
Here’s the thing:
如果你发明了世界上第一架飞机,
if you invent the world’s first airplane,
或创造了超人,
or Superman,
又或者开了价值数百万的柠檬摊,
or a multi-million dollar lemonade stand,
你就无需谦逊。
you don’t need to be humble.
你可以在你的脸上纹上“我是最棒的!”
You can get a tattoo on your face that says, “I’m the best!”
对吗?
Right?
但是,要注意的是:
But pay attention here:
没有人是傻瓜。
no one likes a jerk.
事实上,世界不需要高谈阔论者,
In fact, the world needs fewer loudmouths,
所以,我们需要保持谦逊!
so stay humble!
你知道托马斯·杰斐逊在生前从未有人
When Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence,
将起草独立宣言归功于他吗?
you know he never took credit for writing it while he was alive?
一直到他死后
It wasn’t until he died and it was in his obituary
人们才在他的讣告中发现他是主要起草人。
that the average American found out that he was the author.
这就是谦逊。
That’s humble.
这就是秘诀所在:
So there’s the big secret:
敢于梦想
dream big,
勤奋努力
work hard,
保持谦逊。
stay humble.
“等等”,你们说,“就这样?”
“Wait,” you’re saying, “that’s it?”
“什么啊,你只是跟我说了一堆的故事
“What, you tell me a bunch of stories and what?
那我怎样才能改变历史呢?”
How do I change history?”
下面就是答案:
Here’s the answer:
历史,
all history ever is
就是有一连串的故事组成的。
is a bunch of stories,
有分歧的故事,
conflicting stories,
大故事,
big stories,
小故事,
little stories,
我们的故事。
our stories.
那,你怎么改变历史?
So how do you change history?
你要做的就是书写你的故事。
All you got to do is write your story.
对吗?不,我是认真的,就是这样。
OK? No, I’m serious, this is it.
如果你们认为历史是一堆你需要记住的时间和事实,
If people think history is a bunch of facts and dates you got to memorize,
这根本不是历史。
that’s not what history is at all.
历史是个选择的过程,
History is a selection process,
它选择我们中的每个人的每一天。
and it chooses every single one of us every single day.
唯一的问题是,你是否听到历史的召唤?
The only question is, do you hear the call?
这就引向了我要告诉你们的最重要的事情:
And that leads me to the most important thing I’m going to tell you here:
你们将会改变历史。
you will change history.
你们中的某些人会在大方向上改变历史
Some of you will change it in big ways,
影响到千千万万的人。
affecting millions of people.
其他人将会更多地改变在个人方面,
Others of you will do it in more personal ways,
帮助家庭成员或者其他需要帮助的人。
helping a family member or someone who needs it.
但我现在要告诉你,
But let me tell you right now,
个人不会比他人更重要。
one is not more important than the other.
不管你一次性地帮助到很多人还是一个接一个地帮助有需要的人,
If you help people in mass or one-by-one,
只要你有所行动,
that’s how history gets changed,
历史就会被改变。
when you take action.
但当你在书写你自己的故事的时候
But when you start writing your story
感到害怕,我们所有人都无可避免会发生的情况,
and you get scared, as we all inevitably do,
我希望你知道一件事:
I want you to know one thing:
没有人生来就是英雄。
no one is born a hero.
我们今天讲到的每一个人,
Every single person that we talked about today,
不管是那个26岁的传道士,
whether they were a 26 year old preacher,
那两个17岁的书呆子,
or two 17 year old nerds,
还是那个身患癌症的小女孩,
or little girl who had cancer,
他们中的每一个人都有
every single one of them had moments
自我怀疑的时候,
where they doubted themselves,
像你我一样。
like you, like me.
他们有担心学业、
They had moments where they worried about school
友谊、
and friendships
以及能否被他人接受的时候,
and would they be accepted by others,
像你我一样。
like you, like me.
他们也有害怕孤独和失败,
They had moments where they worried about loneliness and failure
和担心他们能否成功的时候,
and would they ever succeed,
像你我一样。
like you, like me.
不过最好的地方是,你不需要
But the best part is, you don’t have to start
开一个价值千万的柠檬汁摊来改变世界,
a multi-million dollar lemonade stand to change the world,
你要做的就是帮助一个人,
all you got to do is help one person,
友善地对待一个人,这就是答案。
be kind to one person, that’s the answer.
这是我的核心信念,
It’s my core belief,
它存在我刚刚告诉你们的每一个故事中。
it is in every story I just told you.
我相信普通人可以改变世界。
I believe ordinary people change the world.
我不在乎你有多少钱,
I don’t care how much money you have,
你在哪里上学,
I don’t care where you go to school,
这对我来说都是废话。
that is all nonsense to me.
我相信普通人有改变世界的能力。
I believe in regular people and their ability to affect change in this world.
我相信我的父亲,
I believe in my father,
25岁的,勇敢的阿梅莉亚,
and a 25 year old daredevil named Amelia,
还有无人能及的卖柠檬汁的小女孩。
and a little girl who sells lemonade like nobody’s business.
同时,这也是我相信我们今天讲到的第一位英雄——超人的原因。
And it’s why I believe in that very first hero we were talking about today, Superman.
对我来说,这个故事中最重要的部分不是超人,
To me, the most important part of the story isn’t Superman.
而是克拉克·肯特。
The most important part of the story is Clark Kent.
你想知道为什么吗?
And you want to know why?
因为我们都是克拉克·肯特。
Because we’re all Clark Kent.
我们都知道枯燥无味以及平凡普通的感觉
We all know what it’s like to be boring and ordinary
而我们都希望我们可以做一些不可思议的事来超越自己。
and wish we could do something incredibly beyond ourselves.
这是真实的信息:
But here’s the real news:
我们都可以做到不可思议的,超越自己的事情。
we all can do something incredibly beyond ourselves.
我在写第一本书时收到24封退稿信,
I got 24 rejection letters on my first book,
24个人让我就此放弃,
24 people who told me to give it up,
但我不会回顾这段经历并说,
and I don’t look back on the experience and say,
“我是对的,他们是错的,哈哈”之类的话。
“I was right, and they were wrong, and haha on them.”
我回顾的以及意识到的是每一个给我写退稿信的人
What I look back and realize is that every single one of those rejection letters
都让我更加努力奋斗,敢于梦想,
told me to work harder, to dream bigger,
你最好相信,
and you better believe it,
这让我更加谦逊,
made me more humble,
不过,这也让我无比地渴望成功。
but it also made me want it more than anything.
所以,不管你梦想的是什么,
So whatever it is you dream big about,
勤奋努力为的是什么,
whatever it is you work hard for,
不要让任何人说,
don’t let anyone tell you,
你还太年轻
you’re too young
也不要让任何人说你不行。
and don’t let anyone tell you no.
每一个生命都能创造历史,
Every life makes history.
而每一个生命就是一个故事。
And every life is a story.
谢谢。
Thank you.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LR7Vb6mqts

相关推荐