未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

想体验住树屋的感受吗

Would You Live in a Treehouse?

25年来我一直致力于建造树屋
25 years I’ve been working on building treehouses.
最初建造自己的首个树屋时
When I first built my first treehouse,
他们不让我申请许可证
they wouldn’t allow me to apply for a permit
因为他们从没听说过有人可以申请建造树屋
because they hadn’t known of anybody that had gotten a permit for a treehouse.
这些树屋的下面是活着的树
The foundation for these treehouses is a living tree.
法律中没有相关条文规定
And there’s nothing written in the code.
实际上申请第一座树屋花了我八年时间
It took 8 years basically to get a permit for the first treehouse.
这是一个新兴产业
It’s a new industry.
我叫 迈克尔•加尼叶
My name’s Michael Garnier.
我是 Out’N’ About Treehouse Treesort 的所有人
I’m the owner of Out’N’ About Treehouse Treesort
这是世界上树屋最密集的地方
It’s the highest concentration of treehouses in the world.
据我所知 这项活动已经持续了25年了
From my standpoint, there’s been a movement for 25 years.
树屋越来越多地成了成年人的树屋
Treehouses are becoming more and more adult treehouses.
有一个名为 Treehouse Master 的树屋建筑展
There’s a treehouse building show called Treehouse Masters.
它提高了人们对树屋的认识和需求
It’s raised the awareness of treehouses and the demand for treehouses.
在去年 树屋公园的业务大概翻了一倍
In the last year the treehouse park business has probably doubled.
人们用它们来办公
People are using them for offices,
把它们用作客房
they’re using them for guest bedrooms,
把它们用于出租
they’re using them for rentals.
树屋不再只是适合孩子们
They’re not just for kids anymore.
对我而言 这是一种掌握自己生活的策略
For me it was a strategy for having my own life.
创造一些有趣的东西
And creating something fun.
并过上我们都看重的生活方式
And living the lifestyle that we all value.
去年开始我已经不接待客人了
I’ve stopped taking guests the last year
这样我们便可以建造树屋
just so that we could build up the treehouse
现在我们把客人都转移到这里
and now we’re transitioning our guests here
来到树屋
to the treehouse.
我们至少会有一年的接待清单
We’ll have a waiting list for at least a year
我这么觉得
I would think.
现在这里通了电 还有水管
The electricity is here now, plumbing, we’re almost there.
当一切都定下来的时候
When it’s all said and done
这种结构大概要80000美元
this structure will probably be about $80,000.
我说我有一间巨大的树屋时 人们都说”哇 酷”
When I say I have a giant treehouse people are like”Oh, cool”
因为他们想要的是孩子玩的那种
because they expect like a kid-ish one
不是这种
not like this one.
——他们想要那种能一直在里面玩的 ——是啊
–They expect one that we always play in –Yeah.
狭小空间教会你摆脱繁琐的束缚
Small spaces teach you to get rid of your excess.
很多东西不是那么有用
Things that aren’t useful.
有时你觉得冷 有时你觉得热
Sometimes you’re cold, sometimes you’re warm.
树屋有某种力量促使你
There’s something about a treehouse that forces you to
创造和感受慢生活
to make light and to feel lighter.
我认为是因为我们都有一颗童心
I think it’s because there’s a child in all of us.
我们作为大人 工作非常辛苦
We as adults, we just work really hard
我们需要玩耍
and we need to play.
我觉得这能起到些作用
And I think this helps.
我对瓦休戈州的许可证做过些调查
I did a little bit of research on permits at the city of Washougal,
他们有规定 如果你未经批准
they have requirements that if you build a storage shed,
建造了一个储藏室
to do it without a permit
它不能大过12×12英尺
it can’t be any more than 12′ x 12′.
但规定没说储藏室不能建在树上
So,it doesn’t say it can’t be up in a tree.
是啊 我这里放着一个床
yeah,I have a bed stored up here,
这里还放了个冰箱
I have a refrigerator stored up here
还有微波炉 你知道的 有时还有人睡在这里
and a microwave and y’know, sometimes people sleep up here.
我喜欢建造东西 并且我总是
I like to build things and I always
喜欢有一些小项目去做
like to have a little project to do.
我开始有点幻想着建一座树屋
I just kinda started day dreaming about building a treehouse
这已经很多年了
for a couple of years.
我当时正躺在吊床上
And I was just laying in the hammock
于是跳了起来 坐上卡车
and I jumped up, got in my truck
开始去买足够的木材来建造平台
and started buying enough lumber to build the decking.
在建筑材料上我大概花了5000美元
I put about $5,000 into the materials
从头到尾建造这个树屋
and I had it done from start to finish
大概花了我四个半月的时间
in about 4 and a half months.
生活区域是8×10英尺
The living quarters is 8′ x 10′
这个房子本身的大小
and the house itself,
是12×12英尺
or the dimensions of it is 12′ x 12′.
几年前一个朋友建议我
A friend a couple years ago suggested
把树屋发布在AirBnB上
that I put it on Air BnB
我一想 这真是个不错的主意
and I thought,”Oh that’s a cute idea.”
那样我考虑退休的时候
then when I thought about retiring,
我想 也许我还能有点额外收入
I thought,”Well maybe I can have some extra income”
这个夏天七月初 我把它发布了出去
and I put it on this summer, the beginning of July
结果几乎每个晚上都是客满
and it’s been full almost every night.
我从没想过做这件事会有这么多乐趣
I never dreamed that I would have so much fun doing this.
这里有来自中国 法国 英格兰 西班牙的租客
I’ve had people from China, France, England, Spain
他们起床后会说 天哪 我从来没有睡得这么好 听着河水的声音
They get up and they say,”oh my God, I’ve never slept so good, listening to the river.
这有点像 变成了孩子 待在树堡里
it’s kind of like being a kid and staying in a tree-fort.
在大约一英里以外的路边有个小伙
There’s a guy about a mile down the road
在自己家后院建了座树屋
that has a treehouse in his back yard
也在Air BnB上出租
that he also rents out on Air BnB
上一次我问他 他说
Last time I talked to him, he said he was
他住在树屋 而把原来的屋子租了出去
living in his treehouse and renting out his regular house.
树屋就在那儿
That is it right there.
过去一座树屋能居住3到4年
Beforehand a treehouse would last 3 or 4 years.
现在你建一座树屋能住20年
Now you can build a treehouse that last 20 years
30年 40年
30 years, 40 years.
这是加尼叶枝翼
Well the Garnier Limb,
这是一种在树上像枝翼一样
it was a way of putting a connection point
建立联结点的方式
on a tree that was like a limb.
就像是树的假肢
Like a tree prosthesis
能让树屋固定在上面
that would enable you to attach to it.
它让我们能够设计
It enables us to be able to design
更大更好的树屋
bigger and better treehouses.
今年我已经把这个东西卖给400—500人去建树屋
I’ve sold about 400-500 people parts this year to build a treehouse.
花了20年时间 但我最终还是拥有了自己的树屋
It took me about 20 years, but I finally got my own treehouse.
它是一个混合型树屋
It’s a hybrid treehouse.
我儿子在我60岁生日时送我这个
My son got this for me for my 60th birthday
他说这个像我 你怎么看
he says it looks like me, what do you think?
我知道树屋可以是适合成年人的
Oh I know treehouses can be for adults.
其实成年人就是个老小孩
Basically an adult is just an older kid.
无论你是15岁还是45岁
Be you 15 or 45,
你都可以拥有一座树屋
you can still have a treehouse.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

采访树屋建造者和居住者的感受

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Lynn

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXdj58DpY5M

相关推荐