未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

他们在医院的临终关怀部门工作

Working in hospice care

当我告诉人们我在做临终关怀工作时
When I tell people that I work in a hospice
我常得到回应:“那一定是很令人沮丧的”
I often get the response, “Oh, that must be so depressing”
实际上我的回答是 它从不令人沮丧
and actually the answer is that it is never depressing.
有时候 临终关怀工作会让人伤心
Sometimes, working in hospice care can be sad
但当我明白我确实能帮上忙时
but what offsets that is
我就不难过了
the feeling that you can make a real difference
临终关怀不再像过去那样
So hospices aren’t what they used to be
它不再关注生命是否走到了尽头
the focus has moved from being at the end of life
而是注重提高生活质量
to being about improving quality of life
我的一个病人家属说
One of my patient’s family members said that
她觉得这是她从未想到过的
she felt it almost like a life-affirming place and full of hope
一个积极向上的充满希望的地方
which she hadn’t expected to have that feeling.
你不必悲痛欲绝
You don’t have to be miserable
它并非是世界末日
it doesn’t have to be doom and gloom.
它其实可以很有趣
It can be quite humorous really, you know
你可能觉得不可思议 但 有何不可呢
you’re a bit shocked but, why not,
他们已经走完应尽的一生
so they enjoy the life they’ve got.
这有点违背情理
It’s emotionally challenging
但从另一面看 这值得一试
but on the other hand it’s also rewarding.
这项工作会很艰巨
The work can be tough
它可能存在于各种医疗保健场合
as it can be in all health care environments
但我们清楚地认识并直面这一点
but we really recognise that and name it.
作为一个职工我很安心
As a staff member you feel safe,
我感到被支持和呵护着
you feel supported and cared for
这里的氛围很好
and it’s a nice environment of air
我觉得护工在保守治疗中起了很大的作用
I think nurses have got a great role in palliative care,
我们既可以独立工作
I think we can work autonomously
也可以作为一个优秀的多元专业团队工作
but we can also work as part of a really good multi-professional team.
我觉得无论我扮演怎样的角色
I feel that I always work no matter what the role was,
我和医生 理疗专家 社会工作者们
on an equal level with doctors, physios,
所有人 都是平等的
social workers, you name it.
我觉得自己深受尊重
I think there’s great respect.
在工作中这是种很棒的感受
It’s a good feeling that you get at work.
我觉得如今很多医院所缺失的
I think something that’s missing in a lot of hospitals these days
是以前那样的旧式团队
is the old fashioned team that you used to have.
因为我们的应召频率较低
Because our on-call intensity is slightly less.
基本上整周都跟随同一个医生
We have the same doctors on more or less for the whole week
这让双方培养出了深厚的感情
and that develops a real sense of camaraderie.
这具有挑战性 但并不是坏事
You’re challenged but in a good way.
临终安养院提供了大量的机会
In hospice they offer loads of opportunity
尤其是培训 课程 还有支持
especially training, courses, and supports
从一个街区护工 到临终关怀的护士
Coming from a district nurse background and into hospice nursing
我获得了非常非常多的支持
I had loads and loads of support,
这不只是过来看一眼然后把我扔在一边
it wasn’t just coming in and then leaving me on my own.
而是实实在在从始至终不断的支持
There was support right from the start up to where I am.
于我而言 最重要的事情莫过于
You know the biggest thing for me is I am able to spend time
我能有意义地花时间和病人相处
you know, with patients, and quality time.
对我来说 这就足够了
For me, it’s literally got everything, and
就临床护理的药理学方面而言
in terms of the pharmacology side of clinical care,
这给研究方面带来了巨大的机遇
huge opportunities for research,
也给真正的整体疗法提供了转机
opportunities to provide truly holistic care
临终安养院实际上是个创新的地方
Hospices are real places of innovation and I think
因为我们只需要为当地社区居民提供服务
that’s because we are only here to serve our local community,
所以我们能迅速了解社区的需求
so we learn very quickly what our communities need
并且由于我们不是某个庞大机构的一部分
and because we are not part of a huge machine
我们可以对社区需求迅速地做出回应
we can react quite quickly to the needs of our communities.
我们可以提供辅助疗法和咨询服务
So we’ve got access to complementary therapies and counselling
给我们的病人
that are just dedicated to these patients,
这是很宝贵的资源
so that’s quite a good resource to have.
现在有各种各样的方式
There’s loads of different stuff going on
比如物理疗法 护理 社会工作
from physiotherapy, nursing care, social work,
福利保障 咨询 医疗保健等等
welfare support, advice, medical care.
感觉就像在上Generation Game
I feel like I’m on the Generation Game.
我们在医疗保健中频繁地提到多专业护理
Frequently in health care we talk about multi-disciplinary care
事实上 它存在于临终关怀的每个角落
but really in hospice that is truly lived in every element
体现在我们为病人及家属提供的支持上
of the support that we provide for patients and their families.
事实上你需要陪伴病人走过这段路
You actually get to walk the patient’s journey with them;
这是他们真正需要的
you know this is what they really wanted.
它给我工作上的满足感
It gives me job satisfaction that I’ve done my job well.
我觉得这是一种特殊待遇
I think that it’s a privilege,
因为你是他们短暂生命旅途中的一部分
because in the short time of their life you are part of it.
我做护士已经35年了
I’ve been a nurse for 35 years now
这是我做过的最棒的工作
and this is the best job I’ve ever done.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

视频展示了临终关怀工作者们对于这个工作的真实想法,让人们走近这群较为特殊的医护群体。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

草木

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_POidpydZiY

相关推荐