未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何保证自己不跌出的“容忍之窗”

Window of Tolerance: What is it and how to stay in it

Hi, I’m Dr. Tracy Marks, a psychiatrist,
大家好 我是翠西医师 是一名精神科医生
and I make mental health education videos.
我制作心理健康方面的教育视频
In a previous video,
在前一个视频中
I talked about the difference between stress and anxiety
我谈到了压力和焦虑的区别
and how stress causes an increase in your cortisol level,
以及压力是如何引起个人皮质醇浓度升高
which can worsen your anxiety
从而导致个人更加焦虑
and have other physical effects.
和其它生理反应的
Stress affects people in different ways,
压力以不同的方式影响着人们
how it affects you,
至于如何影响
depends on your emotional and frustration tolerance.
取决于个人的情绪和挫折容忍度
Dr. Daniel Siegel, a psychiatrist expanded on this concept
精神病学家 丹尼尔·西格尔运用他创立的“容忍之窗”理论
with his construct of the Window of Tolerance.
对这一概念进行了详细阐述
He described a Window of Tolerance as an ideal zone
他把“容忍之窗”看做一个理想区
where when you’re faced with stressful situations,
在理想区里 当面临压力时
you’re able to cope with them in a calm and engaged manner
你能够冷静和专注地应对
without feeling overwhelmed by them.
而不会感到被压的喘不过气
You’re able to process your emotions with a rational mind.
能够用理性的头脑处理情绪
And here are some signs
以下这些特征
that you are within your Window of Tolerance:
表明你处于“容忍之窗”内:
You can maintain your personal boundaries,
你能够保持个人边界
and not feel exploited by your circumstances.
不会觉得自己被周围环境冒犯
Your reaction to the stressor is appropriate for the situation.
你对压力源的反应是合情合理的
You feel safe.
你感觉自己很安全
You predominantly stay in the present moment to deal with the situation
多数情况下 你能集中精神在当下 来应付局面
instead of ruminating about the past,
而不是沉湎于过去
or worrying about the future.
或者担忧未来
In other words, whatever the situation you can face it,
换句话说 无论是什么情况
deal with it, and manage your emotions around it.
你都能去面对并解决它 并管理自己的情绪
For some situations you can have a wide window
有些情况下 你的“容忍之窗”会变大
where it takes a lot to break you,
让你能承受的更多 不会轻易跌出去
and sometimes you can have a narrow window
而有时候 你的“容忍之窗”会变小
where you can be easily pushed outside of the window.
你轻而易举地就被推到窗户外了
There are two sides that fall outside of the window.
跌出“容忍之窗”后 是不同的两端
On one end is where you feel overwhelmed,
在其中一端 你会感觉喘不过气
and enter into a hyper-arousal state,
随后会进入过激状态
your nervous system puts you into a fight or flight mode.
神经系统促使你进入了“战或逃”的应激模式
You can feel anxious, agitated or stressed.
你可能会感到焦虑 烦躁或者压力很大
Signs that you’re in a hyper-arousal state are:
以下特征表明你进入了过度应激状态:
Feeling overwhelmed and unsafe.
你可能会感到喘不过气和不安全
You may feel angry or agitated.
感到愤怒或焦躁
You act on impulses or become defensive.
你行事冲动或者处于戒备状态
You may have physical signs like heart racing or hands trembling.
可能会出现体征表现 如心跳加速 双手颤抖
And you may be emotionally labile
你可能会情绪不稳定
like snapping at people or losing your cool.
比如突然对人发脾气或者无法保持冷静
The other side of the window is a hypo-arousal state,
跌出窗户的另一端是情绪低迷状态
and in this state your nervous system is still activated,
此时 你的神经系统仍处于激活状态
but it puts you into a free state
但它会让你处于放空的状态
where you shut down or withdraw.
让你自我封闭 或者说游离
Signs that you’re here are:
以下是具体特征:
You feel empty or numb.
你感到空虚或者麻木
You don’t feel like moving like you’re frozen.
你一点也不想动 就像被冻僵了
You feel disconnected either from your situation, other people or yourself.
感觉跟周围的环境和人 还有自己都脱节了
You may feel like you can’t think.
可能会觉得无法思考
You don’t have much energy or motivation to do anything.
没有太多精力或者动力去做任何事
We all have a Window of Tolerance,
我们每个人都有“容忍之窗”
and how wide it is can vary depending on your circumstances.
它的宽度会随你的状况发生变化
For example, things like being hungry or tired can narrow your window
譬如 饥饿或疲惫这样的事会缩小“容忍之窗”
and make you feel more easily frustrated.
从而使你更加容易感到挫败
Here are some experiences
下面这些经历
that can affect the width of your window:
会影响“容忍之窗”的宽度:
Negative childhood experiences.
负面的童年经历
Your family of origin can affect the width of your window.
还有原生家庭 也会有影响
For example, being raised by parents with narrow windows
举个例子 由窗户小的父母所扶养
can teach you to have a narrow window.
会使得你的窗户也很小
Any traumatic experience can affect your window,
任何不幸的经历都会影响“容忍之窗”
and other psychiatric disorders
还有其他的精神障碍也会
like Borderline Personality Disorder,
例如边缘型人格障碍
a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
一种创伤后应激障碍
PTSD can make you more easily triggered
PTSD会使你的情绪更容易被激发
to fall out of your window.
从而跌出“容忍之窗”
Trauma experiences can make you more likely to default to
创伤经历更有可能使你进入到
the hypo-arousal state of numbness and dissociation.
默认的麻木和“分离”的 情绪低迷状态
A dissociative state is when you become disconnected
“分离”状态是指
from your environment or yourself,
你与环境或自己脱节
and it’s usually a temporary state
通常来说 “分离”是一个
that you can go in and out of.
可以进入和脱离的短暂状态
You can learn more about dissociation in this video.
观看这个视频 来了解更多关于“分离”的内容
So what makes the window of tolerance significant?
是什么让“容忍之窗”变得如此重要呢?
Well, it’s one way that you can increase your self-awareness,
“容忍之窗”是强化自我认知
so you can better manage your emotions.
以便你能更好地管理情绪的一种方法
You can become familiar with what it’s like to be in your window
通过回顾那些 你是如何在压力环境下
by thinking about times that you’ve managed your emotions well
很好地管理情绪的时刻
in the setting of a stressful situation,
你会熟悉自己处于“容忍之窗”内的感觉
then you can learn to recognize situations that trigger you
这样你才能学会识别 那些激发你情绪
and make it difficult to manage your emotions.
以及让你难以管理情绪的情况
If you recognize when you fall out of your window,
当你意识到自己跌出“容忍之窗”了
you can do things to get back into your window.
可以做一些事让自己回到窗内
If you’ve moved into a hyper-arousal state,
当你进入过度应激状态时
here are some things that you can do
你可以通过下面这些事情
to move back into your window:
回到“容忍之窗”内:
Mindfulness exercises, journaling affirmations,
这里举几个例子
deep breathing exercises
如正念练习 日记自勉
and these are just to name a few things.
深呼吸练习
If you’ve moved into a hypo-arousal state,
当你进入情绪低迷状态时
here are some things that you can do
通过做以下这些事
to move back to your window:
能够让你回到“容忍之窗”内:
Grounding exercises that stimulate your senses of sight,
通过接地练习来刺激视觉
sound, touch and taste.
听觉 触觉以及味觉
Engaging in physical activity like yoga or walking.
进行体能锻炼 比如练瑜伽或者散步
Or engaging in something creative.
或者做一些有创造性的事情
Creativity is mentally stimulating.
创造力能够刺激精神
If you’re not naturally creative
如果感觉自己没有创造力
and have no idea what you would do, try coloring mandalas.
实在不知道做什么 去试试给曼荼罗上色吧
Mandalas are complex symmetrical designs with radial lines,
曼荼罗由辐射状线条组成的 非常复杂的
and colorful shapes or patterns.
各种对称性图形或图案
Coloring mandalas has been a part of art therapy,
多年来 给曼荼罗上色
and spiritual practices for many years.
一直是艺术疗法和精神修行的一部分
The theory behind how coloring works
着色工作能够缓解压力
to relieve stress is this,
其背后原理是这样的
if you think of stress or anxiety as mental turmoil,
如果把压力或者焦虑视作精神上的混乱
the complex designs provide a structure
复杂的设计图案刚好提供了一个结构
that your mind can used to untangle itself.
你的大脑会运用这些结构 来梳理思绪
The coloring pulls you into a mindful state
着色工作会带你进入一种
that’s relaxing and calming.
放松和平静的正念状态
A 2012 study showed that freestyle coloring
2012年的一份研究表明
where you color whatever you want was not as effective
即兴式着色 也就是给任何你想着色的东西上色
at reducing anxiety as coloring mandalas.
在排解焦虑方面的效果不如给曼荼罗上色
So, there’s something about the mandala pattern, that’s therapeutic.
所以可以说 曼荼罗图案是有治疗效果的
If you want to try this, I have some mandala patterns
如果你想尝试 我这有一些曼荼罗图案
that you can download from my website to get you started,
你可以从我的网站里下载 链接在视频简介里
the link is in the description.
然后你就可以开始上色啦
Recognizing your Window of Tolerance
了解自己的“容忍之窗”
and identifying things that kick you out of the window,
并识别哪些事情会让你跌出窗外
can help you intervene, and do things that keep yourself in the window.
能让你予以干预 并做些什么 使自己留在“容忍之窗”内
The wider your window,
“容忍之窗”越宽
the better you’ll be able to manage your stress.
你就越能更好的管理压力
Watch this video for more on how stress is different from anxiety,
观看这个视频 了解压力是如何不同于焦虑
but yet can affect anxiety.
却又能影响焦虑的
Thanks for watching, see you next time.
感谢观看 下期见哦

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

压力在不同方面影响着人们,而如何影响取决于个人的容忍之窗。什么是容忍之窗呢?为什么容忍之窗很重要呢?如何留在容忍之窗呢?本期视频为您揭晓答案

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

YXG-f7a72

审核员

审核员TL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD8hhboXYTI

相关推荐