ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我如何驾驭风能 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我如何驾驭风能

William Kamkwamba: How I harnessed the wind

谢谢大家
Thank you.
两年之前我站在坦桑尼亚阿鲁沙的TED讲台上
Two years ago, I stood on the TED stage in Arusha, Tanzania.
我先简要的说明一下我这个产品的创意
I spoke very briefly about one of my proudest creations.
这个简单的机器改变了我的生活
It was a simple machine that changed my life.
在我发明它之前
Before that time,
我从来没有离开过
I had never been away from my home
我在马拉维的家
in Malawi.
那时,我即没有用过电脑
I had never used a computer.
也没有网络
I had never seen an Internet.
上次我站在讲台的时候很紧张
On the stage that day, I was so nervous.
我英语说的很逊
My English lost,
逊到连我都想呕吐
I wanted to vomit.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我从来没有被这么多
I had never been surrounded by so many azungu,
白人包围过
white people.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
本来这个故事我不是很想讲出来
There was a story I wouldn’t tell you then.
但我现在感觉良好
But well, I’m feeling good right now.
于是决定将它给讲出来
I would like to share that story today.
我们家有七个孩子
We have seven children in my family.
除了我之外都是女孩
All sisters, excepting me.
这是我和我父亲小时候的相片
This is me with my dad when I was a little boy.
在我还没有发现奇妙的科学之前
Before I discovered the wonders of science,
我也是一个农民
I was just a simple farmer
一个贫穷国家的农民
in a country of poor farmers.
和其他家庭一样,我们也种玉米
Like everyone else, we grew maize.
有一年我们的收成非常差
One year our fortune turned very bad.
那是2001年,我们遭受了可怕的饥荒
In 2001 we experienced an awful famine.
持续5个月的全国性饥荒导致很多人饿死
Within five months all Malawians began to starve to death.
我家只在每晚吃一顿饭
My family ate one meal per day, at night.
每人每天只能吃三口饭
Only three swallows of nsima for each one of us.
食物完全被身体吸收
The food passes through our bodies.
以至于没有排泄物
We drop down to nothing.
马拉维的中学
In Malawi, the secondary school,
是需要缴费的
you have to pay school fees.
因为饥荒,我辍学了
Because of the hunger, I was forced to drop out of school.
我看着父亲
I looked at my father
又看着干涸的土地
and looked at those dry fields.
我无法接受眼前这一切
It was the future I couldn’t accept.
我非常喜欢在学校学习的日子
I felt very happy to be at the secondary school,
所以我决定要尽我一切努力去学习
so I was determined to do anything possible
去接受知识
to receive education.
于是我去了图书馆
So I went to a library.
看了各类科学方面的图书,尤其是和物理有关的
I read books, science books, especially physics.
我英语不是很好
I couldn’t read English that well.
我利用书中的图表和图片
I used diagrams and pictures
来学习那些词汇的含义
to learn the words around them.
而其中的一本书改变了我
Another book put that knowledge in my hands.
这本书上说风车可以抽水和发电
It said a windmill could pump water and generate electricity.
抽水意味着灌溉
Pump water meant irrigation,
这就是抵御饥饿的方法
a defense against hunger,
那段时间我们开始做实验
which we were experiencing by that time.
于是我决定为我们家建造一座风车
So I decided I would build one windmill for myself.
但巧妇难为无米之炊
But I didn’t have materials to use,
然而,幸运的是我在废品站找到了
so I went to a scrap yard
所需的材料
where I found my materials.
很多人包括我母亲
Many people, including my mother,
都说我疯了
said I was crazy.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我找到了一个拖拉机风扇
I found a tractor fan,
减震器还有PVC管
shock absorber, PVC pipes.
以及用一个自行车骨架
Using a bicycle frame
和一个旧自行车发电机
and an old bicycle dynamo,
就这样,我造好了
I built my machine.
起初只有一个点火器
It was one light at first.
到后来发展到四个
And then four lights,
有开关还有断路器
with switches, and even a circuit breaker,
从而要付电费
modeled after an electric bell.
另一个机器作为抽水机
Another machine pumps water
用来灌溉
for irrigation.
人们在我家门前排着队
Queues of people start lining up at my house
(笑声)
(Laughter)
来为他们的手机充电
to charge their mobile phone.
(鼓掌)
(Applause)
我赶不走他们
I could not get rid of them.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
新闻记者来我这里报道
And the reporters came too,
然后在博客上传播
which lead to bloggers
然后我就来到了这个叫TED的大会
and which lead to a call from something called TED.
以前我从没有见过飞机
I had never seen an airplane before.
也没有睡过宾馆
I had never slept in a hotel.
那天在阿鲁沙的讲台上
So, on stage that day in Arusha,
我的英语说不好
my English lost,
我这样说过:
I said something like,
(很不流利的说)我试过,我成功了
“I tried. And I made it.”
我觉得我应为哪些像我一样的人
So I would like to say something
以及贫苦的非洲人
to all the people out there like me
说些什么
to the Africans, and the poor
那些为梦想奋斗的人们
who are struggling with your dreams.
上帝保佑你
God bless.
也许有天你会在网上看到这段视频
Maybe one day you will watch this on the Internet.
我要告诉你,要相信自己
I say to you, trust yourself and believe.
永不放弃
Whatever happens, don’t give up.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
(鼓掌)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crjU5hu2fag

相关推荐