ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我并不喜欢这样的“赞美” – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我并不喜欢这样的“赞美”

Why You Should Stop Giving This "Compliment"

好吧
– Alright.
-你感觉怎么样 -嗨 我很好
– [Producer] How you doing? – Hi, good.
你以前参加过这种活动吗?
– [Producer] Have youever done this before?
没有 这真令人兴奋
– No. It’s exciting.
-现在告诉我 你多大了 –19岁
so tell me how old are you?–19.
-24岁 -29岁
–24 –29
我现在41岁 马上要当妈妈了
l’m 41,I’m gonna be a mother for the first time.
-42岁 -71岁 -74岁
–42. – 71.– I’m 74.
我准备好了
I’m ready.
好的 我们只是随便谈谈
Okay, so we’re just gon na talk,
你要给我看什么吗? 我需要戴眼镜吗?
you’re gon na show me stuff? Do I need my glasses?
我将会给你看一些幻灯片
– [Producer] I’m gonnashow you some slides,
然后你来填补空白之处
and I’d like you to fill in the blank,
并在句末加上“就她的年龄来说”
and put the words”for her age”at the end of the sentence.
好的
– Alright.
就她的年龄来说 她的皮肤毫无瑕疵
– She has flawless skin for her age.
漂亮
– Beautiful.
就她的年龄来说 她很美
Beautiful for her age.
就她的年龄而言 她比大多数20多岁的女孩状态更好
– She looks better than most twenty year olds for her age.
她看起来不错
– She looks great.
她很漂亮
– She is beautiful.
就她的年龄来说 这很激烈
– Fierce for her age.
我在滑稽表演中很喜欢它
– In burlesque, I love it.
就她的年龄来说 这不太适合
– That might be a little bitinappropriate for her age.
简就她的年龄而言 看起来很迷人
– Jane looks amazing for her age.
她很漂亮
– She doesn’t look her age.
她很性感
She’s pretty hot.
-就她的年龄来说 就她的年龄来说 她的年龄 年龄
– For her age. – [Woman 1] For her age. – [Woman 2] Her age. – [Woman 3] Age.
现在我要向你展示另外的一些幻灯片
– I’m gonna show yousome other slides now.
然后请你读一下
I’m just gonna ask youto read the sentences
我们给你提供的这些句子
that we provided for you.
好的
– Okay.
什么?
– What?
“就作为一个白人女孩来说 她跳得还可以”
-“She dances well for a white girl.”
这太不友好了
– That’s not nice at all.
这太可笑了
– It’s just ridiculous.
“就作为一个移民来说 她很有钱?”
-“Shes’ rich for an immigrant?”

– No.
这太恶劣了
– That’s so gross.
“就作为一个亚洲人来说 她很有趣?”
-“She’s funny for an Asian?”
呃…
– Um…
天呐 它们变得更糟糕了
– Oh my god, they’re getting worse.
这个女孩是半个亚洲人
– Well, this girls’ half-Asian,
我和她爸爸非常的有趣
and me and her dad are pretty fricken’ funny.
所以她也会很有趣的
So she’s gonna be funny.

– Ugh.
“就作为一个胖女孩来说 她很美”
“She’s pretty for a thick girl.”
我讨厌那样
I hate that.
美丽不应该被你的身材所定义
Beauty should not be defined by your size.
对 我讨厌那样
yeah,I hate that.
“就作为一个女性来说 她车开得还可以”
-“She drives well for a woman.”
你不能像那样想
– You can’t think like that.
然后又那样抚养你的孩子
And then you bring up your kids like that.
然后你就会有一个像那样的社会
And then you have a society like that.
你已经准备好另一张啦?
You’ve got another one?
它会更糟吗?
Is it gonna be worse?
我们到了
There we are.
“就她的年龄来说 她看起来不错”
-“She looks good for her age.”
所以 我没想到这个会让人崩溃
– So, I didn’t expect this to fall apart.
他们都是一样的
– They’re all the same.
心胸狭隘并且无知
Narrow minded and ignorant.
我很内疚
– I’m guilty.
我经常说“就她的年龄而言”
I say”for her age” all the time.
能在你四十多岁时看起来漂亮是更难的
It’s harder to look goodin your late forties.
你在23岁的时候可以很性感 只用滚床单
You can be hot at 23 and you just roll out of bed.
有时我觉得那很好但有时又不好
– Sometimes I think it’sgood and sometimes I don’t.
我从来没有意识到我真正的侮辱了任何人
– I didn’t realize I was really insulting anybody,
只是因为有人这么对我说
only because if someone says it
我认为这很好
to me, I think it’s good.
这不是一种恭维
– It’s not a compliment.
这是一种讽刺的恭维
– It’s really like abackhanded compliment.
我认为这是一种偏见
– I think it is a bias.
人们因为她们的年龄被明确标示
People are definitelylabeled by their age.
我猜大家可以接受“就她的年龄来说”这种说法
– I guess”for her age”is more commonly accepted.
可以这么说
“This is okay to say.”
这就是为什么?
– Which is like why?
“你看起来很好”是一句可爱的恭维
-“You look good” is a lovely compliment,
但是为了证明这一点 你是在说
but to qualify it, you’re saying, well”in comparison
与主流的美相比你看起来并不好
to the mainstream ofbeauty you don’t look good,
你只是就你的年龄来说看起来很好
but you look good for how old you are.”
这是有辱人格的
– It’s degrading.
我认为每个人都应该明白这一点
– I think everyone should understand this.
我认为人都会被不同的对待
I think people wouldbe treated differently.
说你看起来不错 句号
– Say you look good, period.
你不要加上“就她的年龄来说”这句话
You know don’t add”for her age.”
不 我要把“就你的年龄来说”这部分去掉
– No, I’m gonna leave the”for your age” part off.
如果不是你问了这些问题
– [Blonde Woman] Unlessyou’re asked these questions,
我甚至不认为你已经开始了谈话
I don’t think you have the mindto start this conversation.
你知道吗?
– You know what?
每个人都会变老
Everyone’s gonna get older.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

人与人交往中总少不了用赞美对方 来拉近彼此距离 但有时候 有一些“赞美”并不能达到我们想要的效果 反而在你不知道的情况下 伤害了别人

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小君子

审核员

审核员 RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQwJNYYlkQA

相关推荐