未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

视频时代我们为何还要读书?

Why You Should Read Books - The Benefits of Reading More (animated)

我经常被询问 为什么我应该多读书?
I often get asked:”Why should I read more?”
当我明明可以看一本书的视频总结时
“ Why would I bother reading a book
为什么还要看那本书呢?
when I can just watch a video summary of it?”
的确
It’s true.
看视频总结能节约一些时间且没什么问题 但是
You can save some time this way and there is nothing wrong with that. However:
读书之于心灵的影响犹如运动
Reading is to the mind what exercise is
之于身体的影响
to the body.
你光看视频网站上的视频不可能锻炼身体
And you can’t train your body by just watchingYoutube videos.
那么就直接来讲事实
So let’s get straight to the facts:
阅读能提高你的注意力和专注度
Reading improves your focus and concentration. Reading,
阅读更像跑步或者听音乐
much like running or listening to music,
能作为一种冥想
can be a form of meditation.
因为当今使人分心的东西太多 人们很难再专注
With all the distractions nowadays, people have really big problems with concentrating.
不要成为他们中的一员
Don’t be one of them.
在五分钟期间
In a single 5 minute span,
人们把时间平均分配到
the average person will divide their time between working on
做一项任务 查看邮件
a task, checking email,
和几个人聊天和玩手机上
chatting with a couple of people and using their smart phone.
这类行为会导致压力增大和生产率降低
This type of behavior causes stress levels to rise and lowers our productivity.
你在读书时
When you read a book,
所有的注意力都集中在故事上
all of your attention is focused on the story.
剩下的一切都离你远去
The rest of the world is closed off
使自己沉浸在吸收到的
and you immerse yourself in every fine detail you ’ re
每一细节中
absorbing.
尝试在工作前阅读
Try reading for 15-20 minutes
15至20分钟 然后你会对到办公室
before work and you ’ ll be surprised at how much more
后的专注度感到惊讶
focused you are once you get to the office.
这也是一种很好的放松技巧
it’s a also a greatrelaxation technique.
你有因梦到逃离自己的生活一会儿
Have you ever felt so tense to the point you dreamt
而感到紧张吗?令人惊讶的是
of escaping your life for a while? Surprise:
你真的可以
you actually can.
你不需要买张飞机票逃到
You don ’ t need a plane ticket to the other side
地球的另一边
of the globe, a great book can take you
一本好书能把你带到另一个世界
all the way to another dimension.
很多人把问题想的太复杂
Many people overthink their problems,
其实他们只是需要休息一会儿
when all they need is a break, so that they could
以清醒放松的头脑找到解决方法
go back to searching for a solution with a clear, relaxed mind.
你觉得压力很大吗?
So you’re stressed out?
那就拿起书吧
Then pick up the goddamn book.
2009年进行的调查显示
Research conducted in 2009 showed
阅读是克服压力最有效的方法
that reading is the most effective way to overcome stress,
胜过人们之前喜欢的 如听音乐
beating out old favorites such as listening to music,
享受一杯茶或咖啡
enjoying a cup of tea or coffee
甚至散步
and even taking a walk.
通过评估心跳和肌肉紧张程度
Measured by evaluating heart rate and muscle tension,
调查参与者从打开书本到放松下来
it took the study participants just
只花六分钟的时间
six minutes to relax once they started turningpages.
因此当你沉浸在一本书中时
So when you lose yourself in a book,
你能忘掉平时所有的烦恼
you can simply forget all the daily worries.
假设你没有被强迫
That’s assuming you aren ’ t forced
去读书而且不是读沉重的文字
to read and aren ’ t reading any heavy texts like
比如法律文件……
legal papers…
科学研究表明读书能让你更聪明
Scientific studies show that reading actuallymakes you smarter.
你的身体需要运动
Your body needs movement.
那意味着你的大脑也需要运动
That means your brain needs movement, as well.
阅读是锻炼大脑最好的方法
And reading is the best workout for your mind.
在神经学上有要求 此外还需要专心和
It’s demanding in neurological way, plusit requires concentration and intellectual
智力活动
activity.
脑部刺激能减缓
Mental stimulation can slow down the process
痴呆和老年痴呆症的发病过程
of Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, keeping
随着年龄地增加保持大脑的敏锐
your brain sharp as you age.
读书像晨跑一样是健康的生活习惯
Reading is healthy, just like a morning run,
因此找时间读书吧
so find time for it.
而且你能通过读到的新信息
Also everything you read fills your head with new bits
扩充自己的知识面
of information, and you never know
你都不知道什么时候就能用上
when it might come in handy.
你拥有越多的知识
The more knowledge you have,
你就能整装待发
the better-equipped you are to tackle any challenge you ’ ll ever
以更好的状态应对挑战
face. Additionally,
此外 如果你发觉自己处在
if you ever find yourself
极端的情况中 记住
in dire circumstances, remember that although
尽管你可能会失去一切
you might lose everything else:
你的工作 财产 金钱 甚至你的健康
Your job, your possessions, your money, even your health.
但是你拥有的知识是不可能被夺走的
Your knowledge can never be taken from you.
感谢你的观看
Thanks for watching,
如果你喜欢这个视频请点赞并关注我们
if you enjoyed the video make sure to like and subscribe for more.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

主要讲读书的益处 通过一些研究调查说明读书对我们的影响 还讲了读书的必要性

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Scarlett

审核员

审核员 HZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRTWFqhEDeo

相关推荐