ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么你应该在职场充分展现自我 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么你应该在职场充分展现自我

Why you should bring your whole self to work | The Way We Work, a TED series

领导者是淡定 坚定 果断 不动摇的
A leader is steady, firm,decisive, unwavering.
要永远不露怯 永远胸有成竹
Never let’em see you sweat,always have an answer.
[我们的工作方式]
[The Way We Work]
我叫Dan 我是全球创意咨询的合伙人
My name is Dan, I’m a partner at a global creative consultancy.
但我还有另一面:
But there’s another side to me:
卡丽•布拉德肖 我在Ins上塑造的人物
Carrie Dragshaw, the character I created on Instagram.
每当我思考自己的双面人生
As I thought about my double life,
就禁不住想知道……
I couldn’t help but wonder…
当真实的你有点非主流时
When your true selfis a little nontraditional,
这些非主流的东西你能带进办公室多少
how much of it can you reallybring to the office?
对我们一些人来说 真实不受限制吗
For some of us is authenticity off-limits?
我职业生涯的前十年
For the first 10 years of my career,
我认为有个方法可以成为领导者:
I thought there wasone way to be a leader:
就是果断和严肃
decisive and serious.
但我不是那样的人
But that’s not me.
所以 为适应这个角色 我一般会穿工作服:
So I’d put on basicallyoffice drag to fit the role:
我用深沉的音调说话 努力控制自己的手部动作
I’d talk in a deeper voice, try to hold in my hand motions.
我是真的会对某些事情感到兴奋的人
I’m someone who getsreally excited about things,
所以我会尽量调整自己
so I’d temper that.
我大脑中有个微小的声音 告诉我
I had this little voicein my head, telling me,
“你太gay了 太娘了 太招摇了”
“You’re too gay,too feminine, too flamboyant.”
有个好心人曾对我建议说
I had one well-intentionedadviser who said,
“每个人都知道你是gay 这很棒啊
“Everyone knows you’re gay.And that’s great.
但你没必要戳他们的痛处”
But you don’t need to beat them over the head with it.
转到这里:这是2016年万圣节前夕 我穿着芭蕾舞短裙
Cut to: me in a tutu, for Halloween 2016.
我把自己打扮成我最喜欢的电视人物 卡丽•布拉德肖
I dressed up as my favoriteTV show character, Carrie Bradshaw,
心想我的朋友们一定会笑死了
thinking my friendswould get a kick out of it.
后来 事情更疯狂了
And then, things got crazy.
我的大头贴病毒式的增长 起初纯粹是为了好玩
The post went viral,and at first it was pure fun.
我开始收到来自人们的这些关于
I started getting these incrediblemessages from people
这件事如何令他们开心
about how happy it made them,
怎样鼓励他们成为真正的自己的令人难以置信的信息
how it encouraged them to be their authentic selves.
于是我开始思考
And I started to think,
可能到了该告诉
maybe this is the time to tell that little voice
我头脑中的小声音闭嘴 并做自己的时候了
in my head to just shut up and let myself be me.
但后来事情闹得有点大
But then things got a little too big.
到处都是卡丽•布拉德肖 –”纽约邮报”上
Carrie Dragshaw was everywhere –In the”New York Post”,”US Weekly” —
“美国日报”上 我突然感到恐惧:
and I got terrified:
“我的老板会怎么想?
“What would my bosses think?
我的同事还会把我当领导看吗?
Would my coworkersstill respect me as a leader?
我的顾客会怎么想?”
What would my clients think?”
我想自己不得不换一份工作了
I thought I was going to have to get a different job.
但后来发生了一些事 一些小事
But then, something happened,something small.
我收到了老板发给我的一条短信息
I got a text from my boss, it wasn’t long,
只是说“哇 看Cosmo杂志!”
it just said, “Wow, Cosmo!”
附了一个介绍我的文章链接
With a link to an article that had just gone up about me.
这让我丢掉了那个小小的 恐惧的声音
And it let me put that little,scared voice away
并对这个全新的世界有了兴趣
and just be excitedabout this whole new world,
而不是恐惧
rather than freaked out.
这就是一个人的力量
That’s the power of one person,
有时候只需要一位支持者就能让你感到舒心
sometimes all it takes is one ally to make you feel comfortable.
我的同事们开始表现出与以往不同的状态
And my coworkersstarted acting differently.
他们变得更加开放 更爱与我开玩笑
They became more open,more playful with me,
好像了解了另一面的我
it was as if knowing this other side of me
也鼓励了他们表现自己不同的一面
gave them permissionto be more of themselves as well.
本来我认为率真和脆弱
I thought that openness and vulnerability
会减少我对团队的支持
would actually decreasemy standing with my team.
但事实却相反
But it’s done the opposite.
两年内
Two years in,
我从没想过这一面的我 不只被接受
I never could have imagined that this part of me would not just be embraced,
而且还帮助了我的事业
but could actually help my career.
现在 我很幸运
Now,I’m lucky.
我在纽约工作
I work in New York City,
在一个尊重创造力的办公室工作
in an office where creativity is valued
当我开始做自己的时候我的事业也非常稳定了
and I was already pretty established in my career when all of this started.
可能这就是你 也可能不是
Maybe that’s you, maybe it isn’t.
让全部的自己投入工作
But all of this has taught me so much
教会了我太多
about just the importanceof bringing your whole self to work.
在追求成功的路上花费的时间
And it’s really challengedmy own misperceptions
真的挑战了我的认知错误
about what it takes to be successful.
成为领袖的方式多种多样
There’s no one kind of way to be a leader.
你只需要找到自己的优势并找到方法发挥它们
It’s about finding your strengthsand finding ways to amplify them.
之前 如果会议上碰到困难
Before,if a meeting was hard,
我会带上完美的领导者的面具
I’d put on my perfect leader mask.
现在 我能说”天啊 真的令人沮丧”
Now,I can say,”Gosh, that was frustrating.”
我们能用开放的方式讨论面临的挑战和奋斗的目标
We can talk about challengesand struggles in an open way,
而不是每个人都假装很好直到为时已晚
rather than everybody pretendingthat they’re fine until it’s too late.
隐藏身份需要花费功夫
Concealing an identity takes work.
想想我们把所有的精力都浪费在了伪装上
Think of all the wasted energyspent pretending,
希望你是与众不同的人
wishing you were someone different.
对我来讲最有趣的是
What’s most interesting to me, though,
尽管做了大量的民意调查
is that in this big study of covering,
调查中93%的人说他们一直在伪装
93 percent of thosewho say they’re doing it
同时相信他们的组织的价值观也包含伪装
also believe their organizationvalues inclusion.
所以很明显我们的工作场所和我们所有奇怪的内心的声音
So clearly, our workplacesand all of our strange inner voices
需要很长的时间去磨合适应
have a long way to go on acceptance.
适应和伪装有很大的区别
There’s a big differencebetween adapting and disguising.
我认为我学的有点晚了
And I think I learned that a little late.
我认为这是呼唤支持者的一种方式
Personally,I’m taking all of this as a call to be the ally who,
就像我的老板对我的支付
like my boss did for me,
让人们知道打开自己是可以的
lets people know that it’s OK to open up.
如果你是gay 或为你的种族背景骄傲
If you’re gay, or proudof your ethnic background,
或你是残疾人 亦或有深深的宗教信仰
or have a disabilityor are deeply religious,
看一下全身心投入工作会是什么样
see what it’s likebeing your full self at work.
你可能会感到惊喜
You might be pleasantly surprised.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频主要讲了在工作时也要做自己,展现真实的自己

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

孙卫卫

审核员

审核员1024

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCHC99MqVfE

相关推荐