未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么你不需要每天八杯水

Why you don't need 8 glasses of water a day | Body Stuff with Dr. Jen Gunter

You know that whole thing about drinking eight glasses of water a day.
你知道那些每天要喝八杯水的说法
Sorry to have tell you this.But it’s a myth.
很遗憾地告诉你 这是错误的
It won’t make your skin brighter,
它不会使你的皮肤更光亮
it won’t make you feel clearheaded,
它不会使你头脑清晰
it won’t make you feel more energetic.
它不会使你更加精力旺盛
It might, however, make you have to pee a lot.
然而 可能使你不得不撒很多尿
(Music)
[音乐]
[Body Stuff with Dr. Jen Gunter]
身体的那些事 由Jen Gunter医生主讲
(Music)
[音乐]
Many people don’t understand the biology behind their bodies.
很多人不明白身体背后的生理机制
There’s a lot of misinformation out there.
从而产生很多的谣言
But the truth is that when you understand how your systems function,
但是 事实上当你知道身体是如何运作后
you’re able to make better decisions.
你就会很好地做出决策
You’re not as prone to fall for hype or pseudoscience.
不会轻易相信天花乱坠的广告宣传和伪科学
You’ll feel empowered to understand what’s really going on.
你有信心去弄明白到底是怎样一回事
One myth that really bugs me
有一个错误的说法的确烦扰我
is the idea that you need eight glasses of water a day.
就是你每天需要喝八杯水
Honestly, it’s pretty shocking how ingrained it is.
实际上 使我们很震惊的是 这个说法根深蒂固
You hear it on TV, you see it in articles.
你能从电视上听到 你也可以在文章里看到
But like I said, it’s nonsense.
但是就像我所说 这是无稽之谈
For the most part,
大部分情况下
your body will tell you when you need to drink water,
身体会告诉你什么时候需要喝水
because you’ve got these wonderful, amazing, undervalued things —
因为你有这美妙的 惊人的 被低估的东西——
kidneys.
肾脏
Kidneys are the bean-shaped organs located to either side of your spine,
肾脏是像豌豆形状的器官 位于脊柱的两侧
right below your ribs.
肋骨的正下方
They’re often thought of as a filter or a waste-removal system,
人们认为它像过滤器一样 是清理废物的系统
but that doesn’t do the kidneys justice.
但是这样没有很好地解释肾脏
Your body is an environment where everything,
你的身体是一个内环境
fluid and chemicals, needs to be in a delicate balance.
其中的体液 化学物质等等 需要达到微妙的平衡
The kidneys do a lot of the heavy lifting when it comes to this balance.
肾脏需要做大量繁重的工作以达到平衡
Every day, blood in your body passes through the kidneys.
每天 身体的血液流经肾脏
What you eat, drink, the temperature around you,
你吃的喝的东西 外部的温度
how much you exercise —
你做的运动
all of this affects what’s going on with your body.
所有这些都会影响身体的运作
Your kidneys, along with your nervous system and various hormones,
你的肾脏 连同神经系统和各种生理激素
are constantly watching many gauges
需要持续地监测很多指标
and making adjustments about fluid, salt and levels of other substances in real time.
实时地调整体液 盐份和其它物质的水平
They do this with about one million tiny structures called nephrons.
这是通过大约一百万个叫做肾单位的微小构造来完成
These nephrons are kind of like workers on a conveyor belt,
这些肾单位有点像输送带上的工人
actively adding things and taking things away,
积极地往里面添加东西和拿走东西
things like sodium, glucose or sugar, calcium, amino acids and water,
比如像钠 葡萄糖(糖份) 钙 氨基酸 和水
to make sure the body maintains homeostasis, or balance.
来保证身体维持内环境平衡
If levels of anything get too high or too low,
如果物质的水平过高或过低
then that can be harmful.
可能会有害
And it is the job of the kidneys
肾脏的职责就是
to keep the levels of many of these substances in the just-right zone.
在适当范围内维持这些物质的水平稳定
Substances that aren’t needed leave the kidney and head to the bladder,
不需要的物质会流出肾脏 流向膀胱
where you excrete them in the form of urine.
膀胱是排泄尿液的地方
So where do eight glasses of water a day fit in?
那么每天八杯水这种说法有道理吗?
They don’t.
没有
Noticed that I did not say
注意 我没有说
that the kidney function is improved with excess water.
肾脏的功能会因过量的水而提升
Imagine that you’re sweating a lot,
想象一下你出很多汗
so you’re losing water from your blood.
血液里流失了水份
The kidneys know your blood volume is dropping ever so slightly
肾脏知道你的血容量正在轻微下降
and that your blood is getting ever so slightly saltier.
而你血液的含盐量也正在慢慢地升高
They compensate by absorbing more water back into the blood,
它就会相应地吸收更多的水份回流到血液中
making the urine more concentrated.
使尿液更加浓缩
If the kidneys sense enough fluid can’t be reabsorbed from the urine,
如果肾脏意识到不能从尿液中再吸收到足够的液体
you’re signaled to drink, meaning you get thirsty.
你就会收到想喝东西的信号 意味着你口渴了
If you don’t have fluid available,
如果没有足够的体液
the thirst message gets stronger and stronger.
这种口渴的感觉会越来越强烈
A person facing real dehydration won’t be unsure if they need water.
一个真正面临脱水的人肯定知道他是需要水的
They’ll do whatever they need to get it.
他们会竭尽全力找到水
It’s one of our most basic instincts
这是我们最基础的本能之一
that’s evolved over a very long time,
这是长期进化的结果
in environments where clean water
因为在人类以前的生存环境
wasn’t nearly as readily available as it is today.
干净的水源远不像如今这般容易获得
So thanks to your kidneys,
所以感谢你的肾脏
your body is really good at maintaining hydration.
你的身体的确擅长保持适当的水分
But if you stop counting eight glasses of water a day,
但如果不去数着每天是否喝了八杯水
how much should you be drinking?
那我们应该喝多少水呢?
The answer is simple:
这个答案很简单:
there is no should.
没有规定
When you feel thirsty, drink some water.
当你感到口渴 你就喝水
You can trust your body.
你能够相信你的身体
Unless you have kidney stones or are elderly —
除非你有肾结石或者是上了年纪
sometimes, our messaging systems get a little worn with age —
有时候 我们的信息传达系统会因年龄增长而退化
or your doctor has told you otherwise,
或者你的医生有特别嘱咐
constantly monitoring how much water you drink
否则持续地监测着喝了多少水
is not really necessary.
不是真的有必要
Here’s a point that’s often missed:
以下这一点经常被遗忘:
every single thing you consume contains water.
你吃的每一种食物都包含了水
Your morning coffee has water, so does your breakfast.
你早上喝的咖啡有水 早餐也有水
And that snack — an apple, an orange, a glass of juice, a granola bar —
点心如苹果 橙子 果汁 麦片棒
just like you, they’re made of water too.
就像你一样 它们也都含有水
So as long as you’re listening to your body’s internal sense of thirst,
因此 只需要听从身体发出的口渴的信号
there’s really no need to be counting those eight glasses.
真的没有必要去数是否有八杯水

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

在作者的眼中,每天喝八杯水是伪命题。文章主要通过告诉我们肾脏的运作方式,反过来推导出喝多少水是由我们自己的身体决定的这个观点。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

long๑Agoぃ

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0h7N1ukZ4A

相关推荐