ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么我们需要中性卫生间 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么我们需要中性卫生间

Why we need gender-neutral bathrooms | Ivan Coyote

有一些东西是我们每个人都需要的
There are a few things that all of us need.
我们都需要空气来呼吸
We all need air to breathe.
我们需要干净的水来喝
We need clean water to drink.
我们需要食物来填饱肚子 我们需要一个避风港以及爱
We need food to eat. We need shelter and love.
你知道 爱也是很棒的
You know. Love is great, too.
还有我们都需要一个安全的地方去小便
And we all need a safe place to pee.
(笑声) 对吧?
(Laughter) Yeah?
作为一个男女两个性别都不属于的跨性别者
As a trans person who doesn’t fit neatly into the gender binary,
如果我明天可以改变世界
if I could change the world tomorrow
来让我在其中更加自由自在
to make it easier for me to navigate,
我会做的第一件事
the very first thing I would do
就是创造中性卫生间隔间
is blink and create single stall, gender-neutral bathrooms
所有的公共场合都要有
in all public places.
(掌声)
(Applause)
跨性别者和跨性别问题
Trans people and trans issues,
最近受到很多主流媒体关注
they’ve been getting a lot of mainstream media attention lately.
这是件十分有必要的好事
And this is a great and necessary thing,
但是媒体大部分的关注点却在
but most of that attention has been focused
一些极少数的个体上
on a very few individuals,
那些个体大部分比较富有
most of whom are kinda rich
而且十分出名
and pretty famous,
所以大概他们永远不需要担心
and probably don’t have to worry that much anymore about where they’re going to pee
在社区大学的课间该去哪里小便
in between classes at their community college,
或者在他们的公立高中该去哪里 换上他们的运动衣
or where they’re going to get changed into their gym strip at their public high school.
名和利把那些电视明星跨性别者
Fame and money insulates these television star trans people
与他们大部分的日常困难隔离开了
from most of the everyday challenges
但我们却每天都要处理这些挑战
that the rest of us have to tackle on a daily basis.
公共卫生间
Public bathrooms.
自从我有记忆开始 它们对我来说就一直是个难题
They’ve been a problem for me since as far back as I can remember,
从很久以前我还是假小子的时候
first when I was just a little baby tomboy
到后来变成一个长得像男的 却被雌性激素所支配的奇特有机体
and then later as a masculine-appearing, predominantly estrogen-based organism.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
现在 作为一个跨性别者 公共卫生间和更衣间
Now, today as a trans person, public bathrooms and change rooms
是我最有可能被质问和被骚扰的地方
are where I am most likely to be questioned or harassed.
我曾常常遭到门后的人的语言攻击
I’ve often been verbally attacked behind their doors.
我曾经在我裤子都还没穿上的时候被保安推赶出去
I’ve been hauled out by security guards with my pants still halfway pulled up.
我曾经被人盯着看 被斥责 被小声议论
I’ve been stared at, screamed at, whispered about,
还有一次我被一个小老太太用她的钱包甩打我的脸
and one time I got smacked in the face by a little old lady’s purse
那天我回家看了我的黑眼圈之后
that from the looks of the shiner I took home that day
我敢肯定她的包里装着至少有70美元的零钱硬币
I am pretty certain contained at least 70 dollars of rolled up small change
还有一整套的可爱派牌化妆品
and a large hard candy collection.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我知道你们可能在想什么
And I know what some of you are thinking,
而且你们想的应该是对的
and you’re mostly right.
我大部分时间 基本上都可以直接去男性卫生间
I can and do just use the men’s room most of the time these days.
但是那样并没有解决我的换衣间的问题啊 不是吗?
But that doesn’t solve my change room dilemmas, does it?
而且我不应该进男卫生间 因为我不是一个男人
And I shouldn’t have to use the men’s room because I’m not a man.
我是一个跨性别者
I’m a trans person.
现在我们又遇到了一些制造恐慌的政客
And now we’ve got these fearmongering politicians
他们想方设法让这些关于卫生间的法案通过
that keep trying to pass these bathroom bills.
你们听说过吗
Have you heard about these?
他们想方设法去立法来强迫像我这样的人去使用
They try to legislate to try and force people like myself
那些他们觉得十分合适的卫生间
to use the bathroom that they deem most appropriate
也就是根据我出生时得到的性别来判断
according to the gender I was assigned at birth.
一旦让那些政客得逞
And if these politicians ever get their way,
那么不论是在亚利桑那州 加州或者佛罗里达州
in Arizona or California or Florida
还是在上周的得克萨斯州的休斯顿或渥太华
or just last week in Houston, Texas, or Ottawa,
好吧 使用男卫生间对我来说都是个违法的事情了
well then, using the men’s room will not be a legal option for me either.
而且每当那些政客把这些法案摆上桌来讨论的时候
And every time one of these politicians brings one of these bills to the table,
我都忍不住在想
I can’t help but wonder, you know,
到底谁会去 而且该怎么去执行这些法律 对吧?
just who will and exactly how would we go about enforcing laws like these. Right?
内裤检查? 开玩笑吧?
Panty checks? Really.
在公共游泳池换衣间的外面检查生殖器?
Genital inspections outside of bath change rooms at public pools?
根本就没有一种合法的 符合道德的 可行的方法
There’s no legal or ethical or plausible way
来执行这种法律
to enforce laws like these anyway.
这些法律的存在只能造成恐慌
They exist only to foster fear
以及促进人们对跨性别者的恐惧
and promote transphobia.
它们根本就没有让任何人更安全
They don’t make anyone safer.
但可以肯定的是 对我们跨性别者来说 它们让世界变得更加危险
But they do for sure make the world more dangerous for some of us.
在这期间 跨性别的孩子还在受苦
And meanwhile, our trans children suffer.
他们辍学 甚至干脆就弃世而逃了
They drop out of school, or they opt out of life altogether.
跨性别者 特别是那些有性别认知障碍的青少年
Trans people, especially trans and gender-nonconforming youth
在游泳池和健身房中要面对更多挑战
face additional challenges when accessing pools and gyms,
在大学里
but also universities,
在医院 在图书馆中也是这样
hospitals, libraries.
千万不要跟我提起他们在机场里是怎样对待我们的
Don’t even get me started on how they treat us in airports.
如果我们不采取行动
If we don’t move now
去让这些地方
to make sure that these places
真正地向每个人开放
are truly open and accessible to everyone,
那么我们干脆就诚实一点
then we just need to get honest
不要把它们称为公共场所了
and quit calling them public places.
我们需要去承认
We need to just admit
它们真的只向那些
that they are really only open for people
可以明确按照两种性别归类的人开放
who fit neatly into one of two gender boxes,
但是我并不属于其中
which I do not.
我从来就不能
I never have.
这从很早以前就开始了
And this starts very early.
我认识一个小女孩 她是我一个朋友的女儿
I know a little girl. She’s the daughter of a friend of mine.
她觉得她是个假小子
She’s a self-identified tomboy.
她喜欢的东西 有牛仔靴
I’m talking about cowboy boots
还有黄色的卡特彼勒玩具卡车 装昆虫的罐子之类的东西
and Caterpillar yellow toy trucks and bug jars, the whole nine yards.
有一次我问她 最喜欢的颜色是什么
One time I asked her what her favorite color was.
她告诉我 “迷彩色”
She told me, “Camouflage.”
(笑声)
(Laughter)
就是那样棒的小孩
So that awesome little kid,
她去年十月从学校回家
she came home from school last October
她只在幼儿园待了半天就回来了
from her half day of preschool
回家的时候她的裤子湿透了 因为当她被迫去女洗手间的时候
with soggy pants on because the other kids at school were harassing her
学校里的其他小孩都在骚扰她
when she tried to use the girls’ bathroom.
她的老师已经跟她强调过不要进男卫生间
And the teacher had already instructed her to stay out of the boys’ bathroom.
她刚刚才喝完两杯蔓越橘果汁 像在万圣节派对上的那种
And she had drank two glasses of that red juice at the Halloween party,
你们说 谁可以抵挡那种果汁的诱惑呢 它那么好喝 对吧?
and I mean, who can resist that red juice, right? It’s so good.
所以她就忍不住要去小便
And she couldn’t hold her pee any longer.
她和她的同学当时都是四岁
Her and her classmates were four years old.
他们那个时候已经感到有权利去
They already felt empowered enough
监督她怎样使用那些所谓的公共卫生间
to police her use of the so-called public bathrooms.
她当时才四岁 就已经得到了那些惨痛的教训
She was four years old. She had already been taught the brutal lesson
那就是在幼儿园里 没有任何一间厕所的门上
that there was no bathroom door at preschool
会写着 欢迎像她这样的人
with a sign on it that welcomed people like her.
她早就明白了厕所将会是一个大问题
She’d already learned that bathrooms were going to be a problem,
这个问题由她产生
and that problem started with her
也只能由她自己去面对
and was hers alone.
所以我的那个朋友让我去和她女儿谈谈 我去了
So my friend asked me to talk to her little daughter, and I did.
我原本想跟她说
I wanted to tell her
我和她妈妈将会声势浩荡地去
that me and her mom were going to march on down
找那间学校去交涉 然后那些问题就会被解决
and talk to that school, and the problem was going to go away,
但是我知道这并不是真的
but I knew that wasn’t true.
我原本想告诉她 当她长大了 这一切都变得更好的
I wanted to tell her that it was all going to get better when she got older,
但是我说不出口
but I couldn’t.
所以我就问了她事情的来龙去脉
So I asked her to tell me the story of what had happened,
问她 这件事让她感觉怎样
asked her to tell me how it made her feel.
“既生气 又难过”
“Mad and sad,” she told me.
然后我告诉她 像她这样的并不是只有她一个人
So I told her that she wasn’t alone
还有 发生在她身上的这件事是不对的
and that it wasn’t right what had happened to her,
然后她就问我之前有没有试过尿裤子
and then she asked me if I had ever peed in my pants before.
我说 有啊 我试过
I said yes, I had,
但是一次没有尿这么多
but not for a really long time.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
这当然是个善意的谎言
Which of course was a lie,
因为 当你们到了大概42或者43岁的时候
because you know how you hit, like, 42 or 43,
有时候你们就会 怎么说好呢 你们咳嗽或者打喷嚏的时候
and sometimes you just, I don’t know, you pee a little bit
就会尿一点点
when you cough or sneeze,
或者是你们跑上楼梯的时候 做拉伸运动的时候
when you’re running upstairs, or you’re stretching.
不要撒谎 的确如此 不是吗?
Don’t lie. It happens. Right?
我认为她并不需要知道这些
She doesn’t need to know that, I figure.
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我告诉她 当你长大了 你的膀胱也会变得更大
I told her, when you get older, your bladder is going to grow bigger, too.
当你像我这么大的时候
When you get old like me,
你就有能力去憋尿憋更久 我向她承诺
you’re going to be able to hold your pee for way longer, I promised her.
“可以憋到回家吗?”
“Until you can get home?”
她问我
she asked me.
我说 “对”
I said, “Yes,
“可以憋到你回家”
until you can get home.”
听了这句话 她似乎得到了一些安慰
She seemed to take some comfort in that.
所以 让我们建一些不分性别的卫生间单间吧
So let’s just build some single stall, gender-neutral bathrooms
里面还要有一些小凳 让人可以换上健身的衣服
with a little bench for getting changed into your gym clothes.
我们不能为我们的孩子 在一夜之间
We can’t change the world overnight
改变世界
for our children,
但是我们可以给他们一个安全和私密的空间
but we can give them a safe and private place
来逃避这个世界
to escape that world,
即使只是一分钟
if only for just a minute.
这是我们能做到的
This we can do.
所以让我们去做吧
So let’s just do it.
而且如果你现在已经在那里绞尽脑汁地
And if you are one of those people who is sitting out there right now
在脑海里列出一大串理由来证明这件事并不重要
already coming up with a list of reasons in your head why this is not a priority,
或者这样做太昂贵
or it’s too expensive,
或者觉得给跨性别者一个能安全地小便或换衣服的地方
or telling yourself that giving a trans person a safe place to pee or get changed in
这种生活方式会玷污了你的道德
supports a lifestyle choice that you feel offends your morality,
玷污了你的男子气概 玷污了你的宗教信仰
or your masculinity, or your religious beliefs,
那么就让我向你恳求
then let me just appeal to the part of your heart that
向你心中或许仍存的 为他人着想的那一隅
probably, hopefully, does care about the rest of the population.
如果你不能使你自己 对像我这样的人多一点关心
If you can’t bring yourself to care enough about people like me,
那更何况是患有体象障碍的妇女和女孩们呢
then what about women and girls with body image issues?
更何况是患有体象障碍的人们呢?
What about anyone with body image stuff going on?
更何况是在学校里其他同学矮一英尺(约30厘米)的
What about that boy at school who is a foot shorter than his classmates,
还没有变声的小男孩呢?
whose voice still hasn’t dropped yet? Hey?
噢 八年级的时光啊
Oh, grade eight,
你真是一个残忍的主啊 是吧?
what a cruel master you can be. Right?
你又会怎么对待患有焦虑症的人呢?
What about people with anxiety issues?
怎么对待那些身体残疾 需要帮助的人呢?
What about people with disabilities or who need assistance in there?
怎么对待那些因为某些原因 身体看起来
What about folks with bodies who, for whatever reason,
和主流观念里的身体不一样的人呢?
don’t fit into the mainstream idea of what a body should look like?
我们中有多少人依旧会害羞或者
How many of us still feel shy
害怕在众人面前脱衣服?
or afraid to disrobe in front of our peers,
而且有多少人因为这种恐惧
and how many of us allow that fear
而不去参加像体育锻炼这样重要的正常活动呢?
to keep us from something as important as physical exercise?
难道这些人们不是都会受益于
Would all those people not benefit
这些单人卫生隔间吗?
from these single stall facilities?
我们不能在一夜之间消除人们的跨性别恐惧症
We can’t change transphobic minds overnight,
但是我们可以给每个人
but we can give everybody
一个地方去换衣服
a place to get changed in
这样我们就可以一起努力
so that we can all get to work
来让这个世界变成一个对我们每个人
making the world safer
都更安全的地方
for all of us.
谢谢你们的聆听
Thank you for listening.
(掌声)
(Applause)
谢谢你们
Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

演讲者紧扣性别身份的主题,讨论了其中无比复杂而私密的个人问题,并且强调了在公共场所设置中性卫生间的必要性

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

开往春天的地铁

审核员

ZY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcARiiK5uY

相关推荐