ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为何我们会愤怒,而不是悲伤 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为何我们会愤怒,而不是悲伤

Why We May Be Angry Rather Than Sad

偶尔有时我们会忧来无方
We are sometimes swept away by a mood of sadness that seems to have no cause.
一觉醒来 沮丧而无精打采
We wake up dispirited and listless.
没有力气也没有方向
We lack energy and direction.
对任何事都提不起兴趣 极小的任务也变成了不可完成的巨大挑战
Everything loses its taste and the smallest challenges feel unfeasibly heavy.
企图寻找几乎一切事物的意义
We struggle to see the point of almost anything.
这种状态 用医学术语说 叫做深度抑郁
We are- as the doctors tell us – in a state of severe depression.
关于抑郁 有一个很诡异但又极尖锐有力的见解
One of the strangest but most provocative insights about depression
一些精神分析研究表明
is to be found in works of psychoanalysis
引起抑郁的情绪很可能不是忧伤
that tell us that depression may not at heart be about sadness
而是因为未能发泄的怒火不请自来
It is a kind of anger that has been unable to find expression that has turned in on itself,
对任何人和事都提不起精神 而实际上
and made us sad about everything and everyone when we are in truth deep down,
我们只是对某些人某些事感到愤怒而已
Angry only about certain specific things and specific people.
这个理论认为 只要我们能更深入地了解自己烦躁沮丧的原因
If only we could understand our disappointment and rage more intimately
就总能够打起精神来
we could – the theory holds – eventually regain our spirits.
令我们失望的不是可以感知到的存在物
It isn’t existence perceived that has let us down
而是不那么轮廓鲜明的人与事
It is a few particular events and actors whose precise identity we have lost sight of.
但这理论回避了一个问题——
The theory at once begs questions——
我们怎么可能愤怒至斯
How is it possible that we be both profoundly angry
却全然不知自己恼火的原因是什么呢
and yet unaware of the causes or direction of our annoyance?
然而自知之明的缺失有关整个精神状态的变化 所以也不完全是无理的诡辩
However, this lack of self-knowledge is in terms of our overall mental functioning, not entirely surprising or anomalous.
我们尤其不知道怎么密切监视自己情绪的来由
We are endemically bad at keeping close tabs on the origin and nature of many of our feelings.
有时我们捧腹大笑 却难以说清到底为何如此开怀
We can laugh deeply and yet struggle to explain exactly why something has set us off.
我们会觉得某地很美 某人魅力无穷 又或是偶然会有一部电影触动我们的乡愁
We can find a landscape beautiful, a person charming or a film nostalgia-inducing
而我们完全不清楚自己产生这反应的机制
without having any secure hold on the detailed mechanics of our responses.
理解总是远在感受之后
Understanding has established ahabit of trailing far beyond feeling.
而且我们也不单是在伤心绝望时不能及时了解自己
It isn’t just around sadness and despair that we can be strangers to ourselves.
不过关于为何我们无法控制怒火这里还有另一个原因 更主要的一个原因
But there is another, more pointed reason why we can lose touch with our anger:
因为我们自幼以来受到的教育
because we have been taught, probably since earliest childhood,
告诉我们发怒是不对的
that it isn’t very nice to be angry.
愤怒有违于我们脑海中自己的善良而富有同情心的形象
Anger violates our image of ourselves as kindly and sympathetic people.
意识到自己的狂怒或是报复心
It can be too painful and guilt-inducing
让我们感到痛苦而罪恶
to acknowledge that we may feel furious and vengeful,
更别提是对那些我们仍旧爱着
not least towards people whom we otherwise still love
那些能为我们而作出牺牲的人们了
and who might have made many sacrifices on our behalves.
激起愤怒的原因可能听起来有点荒谬
What we are angry about may also sound absurd.
或许我们被那些因为“琐碎”而被置之不理的小事伤害了
Perhaps we’ve been hurt by the sort of thing that could be unhelpfully dismissed as ‘small’
那些我们学会了去忽视的事
and which we learn not to pay attention to
以为自己足够强大 远不会因那些微不足道的事受伤
because we imagine ourselves as strong and above being slighted by petty injuries
虽然这些“细小”的伤害事实上和别的几乎差不多
injuries which wound us substantially just the same.
最后 我们可能真的是不擅长发怒
Lastly, we might be bad at getting angry
因为我们身边并没有很多成功表达愤怒的先例
because we haven’t seen examples of successful expressions of anger around us.
我们也许会把愤怒与“暴戾” “狂躁” “毁灭” “危险”这样的词联系在一起
We might associate the word with “volcanic” ” crazed” “destruction”, and “dangerous”
当作是它的反作用产物
as it is counter-productive.
抑或是我们在沉默的大多数间生活了太久太久
Or else we might have lived for too long surrounded by people who never dared to raise their voices
习惯了逆来顺受地独自咽下伤痛
and bitterly swallowed every hurt instead.
我们不知该怎么进行克制的精神交流
We have not learnt the art of a controlled and cathartic conversation.
想排遣抑郁 就要意识到另一个选项并不是“快乐” 而是“哀悼”
The way out of this sort of depression is to realise that its alternative isn’t “cheerfulness”, but “mourning”.
哀悼是个很有用的词
Mourning is a useful word
它表示的是一种清晰的失去带来的专注的悲哀
for it indicates a focused kind of grief over an identifiable kind of loss.
作为“哀悼者” 我们将无尽的难以诉说的悲忧
As ‘mourners’, we turn boundless, unnameable sadness
转化为更具象的伤痛
into much more specific hurt:
不再能伴于左右的父母
a hurt about the parent who wasn’t there for us,
嘲笑我们的兄弟姐妹
about the sibling who mocked us,
背叛我们的恋人
the lover who betrayed us,
欺骗我们的朋友
the friend who lied.
我们并不必总想着同他们对峙
It isn’t necessarily always an idea to go out and confront these people
(他们当中的一些甚至已然离世)
(some of them may already be dead anyway);
但思量旧事 再去看那些
but mulling over what has happened and becoming conscious of the full scale
曾被我们否认的愤怒与负担
of our disavowed rage and burden
同样完全可以有效地改善我们的情绪
can decisively change our mood all the same.
即使我们脑海中会把某些关系或者小插曲演绎得更加复杂
Even as specific relationships and episodes become more complicated in our minds,
却能感到整个生活变得更可控而充满希望
life as a whole starts to appear more manageable and hopeful.
在了解自己这一方面 我们必须不懈追求
We’re never quite done with the businessof knowing our own minds.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

忧来无方,人莫知之……混沌的哀忧为何带来愤怒,专注的思考化解悲伤。我们愤怒的原因是……

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

凛安

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfdzXmpAJrs

相关推荐