ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么我们会爱读某些书 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么我们会爱读某些书

Why We Love Certain Books

You’re turning the pages and a very strange and very nice thing dawns on you.
翻开书籍 你意识到一件陌生而又美妙的事情正降临
This book gets you.
你被这本书迷住了
Obviously the author, who might have died centuries back,
很明显可能几个世纪前就去世的作者
never knew you at all.
根本不认识你
But they write as if they did
但他们创作就好像他们认识你
It’s as if you’d confessed your secrets to them
就好像你向他们坦诚你心底的秘密
and then they’d gone of and written this work around what you told them.
然后他们围绕你告诉他们的故事开始创作
Transformed of course into a story about people with different names,
你的故事将会转变成一个很多陌生人的故事
or into an essay that doesn’t cite your case explicitly.
或者一篇根本没引用你案例的文章
But might as well do, because it’s so completely on target.
这么做又何妨 因为目标一致
We never quite feel we are understood well enough.
我们从不会觉得自己被充分理解
Even by the people who we genuinely like and who are emotionally attached to us.
即使是那些我们真心喜欢 强烈吸引我们的人
A permafrost of loneliness often persists just below the surface.
在我们内心深处 孤独恒在
Even when things are broadly speaking going well enough.
即使事情大体上进展顺利
All this, the book that understands you, appears to know and to be able to correct.
所有这些 了解你的书 似乎都知道并且似乎能帮你改善
The book in question might be one that speaks to millions, like the Harry Potter series.
我们所说的书可以是那些面向数百万人的书 例如哈利波特系列
Or it could be an almost unique discovery of your own.
也可以是你自己独一无二的发现
Perhaps Schiller’s ‘Letters on the Aesthetic Education of Mankind’
可以是席勒关于人类审美教育的书简
Written at the very end of the eighteenth century
这本书写于十八世纪末
With it’s haunting efforts to fuse a noble idealism with political realism
它努力把崇高理想主义和政治现实主义融合在一起
It could be a self-help book about sex
也可以是一本关于性的自助书籍
but alights on just the things that are troubling you
这本书刚好解决了正困扰你的某些事情
Or you might feel that ‘Mademoiselle de Maupin’
可以是《莫班小姐》–
Written by Théophile Gautier in the middle of the 19th century
泰奥菲尔·戈蒂耶在19世纪中期完成的作品
And which tells the story of a man and a woman
这本书讲述了一男一女
who are both in love with a central character.
同时爱上一个中心人物的故事
the operasinger Madeline de Maupin
歌剧歌手莫班小姐的故事
Was written by historical miracle exactly for you
完全由历史奇迹为你撰写
A book knows you by pinpointing
书会通过准确定位
And taking very seriously, a major but often ignored problem
和认真对待一个重要但经常被忽视的问题
that happens to be looming in your existence.
这个问题在你生活中会时隐时现
For instance, when Harry Potter is with the Dursleys
例如 哈利波特与德思礼一家在一起时
the feeling of being an alien in a familiar environment
感觉自己像是个在熟悉环境中的外星人
For long stretches of time Harry has to live around people
在很长一段时间内 哈利不得不和这些人住一起
who have no idea of his real nature
这些人完全不了解他的真正天性
They never acknowledge his actual strengths
他们永远不会承认他的真实力量
He’s regarded as a contemptible freak
他被当做一个卑劣的怪人
for things that elsewhere would make him popular and important.
而他做的那些事 在其他地方 会让他变得重要受欢迎重要
The book is hugely alive to the feeling of not being appreciated.
这本书非常关注不被欣赏的感受
With many books we’re pleased because we encounter sympathy for things that deserve generous treatment
我们喜欢很多书的原因是 我们同情那些本应被宽容对待
but normally don’t get it.
现实中却并非如此的事情
The darker aspects of one’s character are getting a tender hearing.
人性中阴暗的一面受到温柔的倾听
You’ve been heard, you’ve heard others
你被倾听 你也倾听其他人
And the book says – I know
书籍说我都懂
So often despite all the people around us
所以尽管我们的周围都是人
We’re lonely and ashamed
我们仍然感到孤独和害羞
We’re haunted by the worry that no reasonable person
我们担心没有一个理智正常的人
could feel anything but derision or contempt for our problems.
会理解我们 取而代之的是嘲笑蔑视我们的问题
We feel that to share them with our friends
我们感到向朋友分享我们的感受
would lead to bewildered rejection.
会受到莫名其妙的排斥
A book that understands you is like an ideal parent or friend,
一本了解你的书就像一个理想的父母或朋友
who makes it acceptable to suffer in the way we do.
能够理解我们的痛苦
Our weirdest sorrows or enjoyments
我们奇怪的悲伤或快乐
are recast as valid parts of human experience
都将成为人生阅历的正当部分
which can be met with sympathy and kindness.
会得到同情和温柔的对待
It is, even though the relationship is with paper and ink only, a kind of love.
尽管这种关系只靠纸墨联系 它也是一种爱
And perhaps one of the deepest kinds of love we’ll ever know.
也许也是我们所了解的最深沉的爱

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

当我们的快乐悲伤无法被他人理解时,读书吧,感受书籍温柔的抚慰。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

HJF再来三碗饭

审核员

与光同尘

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfXMGHgG90

相关推荐