ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么我们怕失去控制权 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么我们怕失去控制权

Why We Fear What We Can't Control: Airplanes, Hospital, Old Age | Tali Sharot

当我们想改变人们的行为时 我们常说
When we want to change people’s behavior, we often say.
“做这个 不要做那个”
“Do this,Don’t do that.”
总的来说 我们 常常都会发号施令
Basically we are, a lot of times, giving orders-
无论是对我们的孩子 家人 共事的同事
whether it is to our kids, people in our family, people that we work with-
我们在掌控他人 至少是试图去控制他人
we are exerting control over others or at least attempting to control over others.
但是我们发现 大脑正努力要……
But what we find is that what the brain is trying to do…
想要尝试去掌控外部环境
It’s trying to control its environment.
这是大脑想达到的主要目标之一
That’s one of the major goals of what the brain is trying to do.
它那么做是为了趋利避害
And it’s trying to do that in order to get rewards and avoid losses.
正因如此 在大脑控制中一直有好的东西 回报
And because of that, in the brain control has been associated with something good, with a reward,
这正是人们想要的
and it’s something that people seek out.
如果可以选择 当人们得到一块吃的 比如巧克力
If people can make a choice, the same part of the brain that is activated when people get
或是有机会作出选择时 大脑的同一部分就会被激活
a piece of food like a piece of chocolate is activated when people have the opportunity to make a choice.
当人们没机会选择 感觉自己丧失控制权时
When people don’t have an opportunity to make a choice, when they feel they don’t have control,
焦虑就产生了
what is triggered is anxiety.
这意味着 给人一种选择——
And so what this means is that giving people a choice—
给人一种“一切尽在掌握”的感觉
giving people a sense that they are in the control,
使他们感觉大权在握 更有可能激励他们
that they have agency—is more likely to motivate them,
更有可能使他们成功而非失败
is more likely to put them in the frame of a reward rather than a loss.
而且 因为控制本身是值得的
And because control in and of itself is rewarding,
多数时候 为了拥有控制权
a lot of times people will be willing to give up other kinds of rewards
人们会很愿意放弃其他奖励 如金钱
like monetary rewardsin order to have control.
比如 在我和同事开展的研究中 对于会随机获取的奖品的形状
For example, in a study that I conducted with my colleagues we gave people the opportunity
我们会给人们机会 让他们自己选择
to either make choices themselves about random shapes that can give them rewards,
或是交给其他人 一个专家 替他们作选择
or give another person, an expert, an opportunity to make a choice for them.
我们发现的是 人们作出的次优决定就是
And what we found is that people sub-optimally make the decision
亲力亲为 宁愿坚持自己动手
to keep the agency,to keep the choice themselves
也不愿专家为他们作选择
rather than have an expert make the choice for them
即便专家更可能选择对的东西
even if the expert was more likely to choose the correct thing,
为他们挣到更多的钱
to choose a thing that will get them more money.
一种思考该问题的方式:有点像股票市场
So a way to think about it: it’s a bit like the stock market.
许多人喜欢持有自己的股票
So a lot of people like to pick their own stocks
而不是给其他人以机会 来为自己作选择
instead of giving someone else the opportunity to choose for them—
专家甚至更棒 (因为他们)依指数来操作
experts are even better, going according to an index.
人们喜欢自己持有股票是因为那给了他们
And the reason that people like to pick their own stocks is because it gives them
一种控制感 掌控感 会给他们带来回报
a sense of control,it gives them a sense of agency, and that gives them reward.
即使人们多次意识到可能会有金钱的损失
And many times people realize that there might be a monetary loss.
有些人过于自信 自我感觉良好 认为自己是对的 这没什么
Some people are overconfident, they think well I’ll pick the right thing, and that’s fine,but they still
但他们仍愿损失部分 金钱的损失 来自己作选择
are willing to lose part, to have a monetary loss, to make the choice thenseles.
事实上人们通常更喜欢自己作出的选择
So in fact in general people prefer to make their own choices,
但对有些事儿 人们宁愿放弃自己的选择
but there are incidents where people would rather give away their choice.
例如 当选择很复杂 所花的心血……
For example, when the choice is so complicated, the effort is so…
在上面花了很多心血…
so much effort has to be put into it…
我宁愿不作选择 把机会给别人 让他们替我选
I would rather not do it and give someone else the opportunity to make the choice for me.
又比如 在高压之下 人们有时会意识到
Or for example, under high amounts of stress people sometimes realize
有个人为自己作选择更好
that it’s better to have someone else make the choice for them.
再比如 作选择时 人们会担心
Or for example, when making a choice people are afraid that
可能会后悔自己所作出的选择(比如医学决定)
they will regret what they choose (such as in medical decisions)
事实上 他们有时更愿别人替自己作选择
they sometimes actually prefer to have someone else make the choice for them.
在书中 我谈到人们最担心的事情
And in the book I talk about the things that people are scared of the most,
这种担心不尽然合理
and the fears that we have are not necessarily rational.
比如 很多人害怕坐飞机
So people, for example, a lot of people are scared of flying;
因此 如果你看到这些数字 坐飞机并非
so if you look at the numbers flying is not necessarily
你做过的最危险的事情
the most dangerous thing that you do.
开你自己的车更危险 但人们害怕坐飞机
Driving your own car is more dangerous, but people are afraid of flying
其中一个原因是 在飞机上你掌控不了什么
because one of the reasons is that once you’re in the plane you don’t have control anymore,
你没有任何控制权
you don’t have control over the plane,
你对自己所处的环境做不到任何控制
you don’t have control of anything really of your environment.
身处该空间 完全失去控制力的感觉
So the sense of being in this space where you’re losing control completely,
传递给其他人 焦虑就由此产生了
giving it to someone else, is something that people feel anxious about.
现在 他们不想要掌控
Now, they don’t want to take control.
我不想驾驶这架飞机 我知道
I don’t want to fly the plane.I know I will
如果我驾驶它就会死掉 但依旧焦虑
be dead if I fly the plane, but never the less I feel anxious,
我想在健康等其他领域亦如此
and I think that’s true in other domains like health.
住院引发焦虑的一个原因
One of the reasons that being in a hospital is anxiety-provoking,
不仅因为你生病了——那当然会非常焦虑
not only because you’re sick—and that’s very anxiety provoking—
还因为 你再次没了控制权
but also because, again, you lose control.
每个人都在替你决定 他们该做的:医生和护士
Everyone is making the decision for you, as they should: the doctors and the nurses.
我是说人们应该有话要说 但他们意识到
I mean people should have some say, but they realize that
专家为他们做了选择
the experts are making the choices for them and
这种失去控制的感觉重新袭来 导致焦虑
that sense of losing control, again, can cause anxiety.
研究表明 当我们变老
And one thing that studies have shown is that as we age,
年华逝去 我们失去了一些控制权
as we go into older age we lose some of our control
特别是 如果我们在疗养院
?especially if we go to nursing homes.?
其他人为我们做决定 也对个人产生了压力
Other people make the choices for us and that induces stress on an individual as well,
因为我们不再能选择做什么及什么时候做
because no longer can I choose what will I do and when will I do it,
给人一种控制感可以帮助他们
and giving people a sense of control back can help them.
强调下 对于孩子 家长倾向于准确告诉他们做什么
Again, with kids, people tend to tell kids exactly what to do,
什么时候做等等 宝宝们对此很不开心
when to do it and so on,and kids are not happy with that.
我们可以改变这一点:别说:“你该吃沙拉了”
But we could change that: instead of telling the kids,“Well you have to eat your salad,”
而说“为什么不自己做沙拉呢
maybe say“Well why don’t you create your own salad?
这有不同的配料 把它们放一起”
Here are the different ingredients, and put them together—create them.”
我们做过的一项研究表明 当人们——
And one study that we’ve done showed that when people—
不仅是我们 我们做了其中一个 有很多
and is not only us, we did one example of this, there’s many,
很多研究表明 亲手做出某样东西时就会更珍视
many studies showing that—when you create something you value it more.
我们在人们制作匡威鞋的地方做过调查
So we did a study where people created their own Converse shoes
他们喜欢匡威
and they liked the Converse shoes
他们制作的比匡威鞋还要多 看上去
that they created much more than the Converse shoes which looked exactly the same
和其他人做的一样 同样的颜色款式 毫无差别
that someone else created—same color or same shape everything was exactly the same—
但我会更喜欢自己做的
but if I created it I liked it more.
此外 即便没做 但我认为自己做了 相信自己做了
Moreover, even if I didn’t create it but I thought I created it, I believed I created it,
我错误地认为我做了鞋子 就会更喜欢它
I wrongly had a memory that I created the shoe, I liked it better.
如果你觉得自己在某事上有控制权
So if you feel like you have agency in something-
不管是对一种产品 还是某个创意
whether it’s a product, whether is an idea—
你都会觉得它更具价值
then you feel like it’s worth more.
而且实际上不必是一种真实的感觉
And it doesn’t actually have to be a true perception,
你只需要有种掌控的感觉
you just have to have a perception of an agency,
一种控制的感觉 为了更珍视那件东西
a perception of a control in order to value that thing more,
这就是我们在研究中表明的
and that’s what we’ve shown in our study looking at
看人们如何做鞋子并珍视它们
how people create shoes and how they value them.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们喜欢发号施令,希望事事尽在掌控之中,但若是环境改变,年华逝去,恐惧便随之而来,例如有人怕医院、飞机,那么原因是什么呢?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

烟江雨南

审核员

审核团V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YNzpoeYogU

相关推荐