未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么压力过多会对你造成伤害?

Why Too Much Stress Is Bad For You

So if you found yourself staring down a grizzly bear
假如你发现自己正与一头灰熊对峙
with the head of a great white shark and cobras for arms,
它长着大白鲨的头 双臂是眼镜蛇
your body would start releasing adrenaline
你的身体便会在几秒钟内分泌肾上腺素
and norepinephrine within seconds to prepare you to fight.
和去甲肾上腺素 以作战斗准备
Or more likely, to take flight.
或更有可能为你逃跑做准备
After a minute or two your body would
一两分钟后
be flooded with cortisol.
你体内皮质醇水平升高
Cortisol is vital to keep you healthy in tense situations.
皮质醇在对紧张的状态下保持健康至关重要
But when you stay stressed for too long
但若你长时间处于压力状态
it can have the opposite effect.
皮质醇发挥的作用可能适得其反
[gtkam intro]
Reaction为您带来《Get to know a Molecule》
Cortisol’s job is to restore some order to your body.
皮质醇的作用在于能恢复你体内的某些功能
It puts more glucose in your bloodstream so
它促进血液中葡萄糖浓度增加
you don’t crash when the adrenaline is gone.
以防你因肾上腺素的消失而虚弱
It also kicks your liver into gear,
它也促进肝脏运作
pumping out the extra glucose that’s now sloshing around inside of you.
排出你体内游离的多余葡萄糖
Our bodies’ hormone responses might
当我们与熊蛇鲨这样的捕食者进行生存斗争时
have evolved when we were battling for
我们身体的激素反应
survival against predators like bear-snake-sharks.
可能已经进化了
But these days, sources of stress are much different:
但近年来 产生压力的源头则大不相同
dwindling bank accounts, overdue assignments
日益减少的银行余额 逾期的工作
or too much e-mail.
亦或是数不胜数的电子邮件
That kind of stress tends not to go away,
这些压力往往不会消失
which means cortisol levels can stay elevated.
这种情况会使皮质醇激素水平居高不下
And that can lead to health problems.
进而导致健康问题的产生
Cortisol inhibits some of your immune responses,
皮质醇会抑制你自身的某些免疫应答
meaning you’re more likely to get sick
这意味着你生病的几率会大大增加
and it can take longer for wounds to heal.
伤口愈合得更慢
Cortisol also slows bone growth, meaning sustained
皮质醇还会减缓骨骼生长
levels can lead to weaker, more fragile bones.
这意味着 长期高水平皮质醇会导致骨骼更加脆弱
And because cortisol acts on parts of your brain
由于皮质醇作用于大脑中
that control appetite,
控制食欲的区域
it also increases your desire for fatty and sugary foods.
它也会增加你对高脂肪和糖类食物的渴望
Stress eating is real people.
化压力为食欲是真实存在的
Here’s a weird plot twist for cortisol, though.
不过皮质醇还有一点很奇怪
That lowered immune response can actually be beneficial.
降低免疫应答实际上大有裨益
In its medical form, cortisol is called hydrocortisone.
在医学上 皮质醇被称为氢化可的松
You may have applied it to a rash or a bug bite,
你可能用它治疗过皮疹或蚊虫叮咬
because it helps reduce swelling and itching,
因为它有助于缓解肿胀和发痒
which is how our immune system responds to certain threats.
这是我们的免疫系统对某些威胁作出反应的方式
So at least you won’t stress out about that weird rash.
至少 你不会因为奇怪的皮疹而紧张
Which you should probably get looked at. Seriously.
虽然严格来说 你应该去看看医生
But before you do that.
但在你去就医之前
Hit that subscribe button.
请点击订阅按钮
Want to beat stress?
想战胜压力?
Then eat healthy food, get exercise, and get some sleep.
那就健康饮食 锻炼 好好睡觉吧
But definitely subscribe.
无论如何 一定要订阅哦
Thanks to CAS (Chemical Abstract Service)
诚挚感谢CAS(化学文摘社)
For sponsoring this video.
对本视频的赞助
And hey, if you are really into molecules,
如果你真的对分子学情有独钟
check out the Scifinder Future Leaders in Chemistry Program.
了解一下Scifinder未来领袖计划的化学项目
Ph.D. students and postdocs like me from around
全世界像我一样的博士和博士后
the world are brought in to share their insights
汇聚于此分享他们的见解
and go behind the scenes with Scifinder.
并与Scifinder一同做幕后运营
It’s an all-expense-paid trip where you’ll get
这次免费化学之旅会让你
to see firsthand how CAS builds and maintains
直接了解CAS是如何建立与维护
the world’s most authoritative chemistry databases.
世界上最为权威的化学数据库
You’ll also get to travel to the American Chemical
你还可以参观美国化学学会的
Society’s National Meeting Exposition.
全国会议博览会
For details, visit CAS.ORG/FUTURELEADERS.
了解更多详细信息 请访问CAS.ORG/FUTURELEADERS.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

压力状态下身体需要皮质醇来维持正常生理机能;如果没有皮质醇。身体将无法对压力作出有效反应。 可若长期处在压力状况下,皮质醇水平长期偏高时,皮质醇的负面效应开始显现。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

白日能否见星光

审核员

审核员 AF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPnDaRYXHs4

相关推荐