未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么年纪越大越觉得时间过得快?

Why time seems to fly as you get older | BBC Ideas

When I was a child, I was about eight years old,
孩童时期大概八岁那年
and I went to climb on a house
我去爬我们社区里
that was under construction in our neighbourhood.
一所还在修建的房子
So I stepped up to the edge and I fell,
踩到房檐时 我摔了下去
and the fall seemed to take a very long time,
掉落的过程似乎花了很长时间
so then I was looking down at the ground
那时我俯视地面
watching the red brick floor come towards me
看着红砖地迎面而来
and once I hit the ground then I went unconscious
我撞向地面的一瞬便失去了知觉
but it got me interested in the question of…
这件事让我对一个问题起了兴趣
how we perceive time
我们怎样看待时间呢?
When I grew up and I became a neuroscientist,
长大后我成了一名神经学家
what I realised was we all come into the world with this idea
我发现我们从一出生就知道
that time is just a river that’s flowing forward in one direction at a fixed speed,
时间是条以固定速度朝一个方向奔涌的河流
but what we know is that it can be different
但我们知道 对时间流逝的感觉
in your head and in my head,
因人而异
because it’s somehow a psychological construct, time.
因为在某种程度上 这是一种心理结构 即时间
In other words, your brain is locked in silence and darkness
换句话说 在你颅骨内部
inside the vault of your skull
你的大脑被无声和黑暗包围
and its job is to figure out what’s happening outside
大脑的职责是识别外界发生的事
but it has to do a lot of editing tricks.
但还要对这些事进行大量编辑
Your vision and your hearing process signals at different speeds
人们接受画面和声音的信号是不同步的
and yet, when you see something like a balloon pop
然而 当你看到一些类似气球破裂
or somebody clapping their hands,
或者某人拍手的事情
it appears as though the sight and sound are synchronised.
似乎画面与声音是同时发生的
And what that means is the brain has to be collecting all the information
这就意味着大脑必须搜集所有信息
before it puts together a final story
然后将其整合成最终信号
and serves that up to your conscious perception.
并呈现在你的意识里
It’s like there’s a buffer where it looks for
就像有一个缓冲区 它在寻找
other signals coming up the pipeline
其他穿过管道而来的信号
and as a result it means that we’re all living a little bit in the past.
因此这意味着我们都活在不久的过去
What we think is happening right now has actually already transpired
事实上 我们认为正在发生的事
some time ago, probably in the ballpark of about half a second ago.
很可能在大约半秒前就发生过了
In the lab if I show you a photograph for half a second on the screen
如果我在实验室用半秒钟向你展示一张图片
and then I show you that same photograph again for half a second
然后再用半秒钟展示同一张图片
and then again and again and again.
如此不断重复几遍
And now I show you a different photograph
现在我向你展示一张不同的图片
for the same amount of time,
以同样的时间
it will seem as though the new photograph, the oddball,
你就会感觉似乎第二张图片
stays on the screen for a much longer time.
停留在屏幕的时间更长
Essentially when the brain sees something that’s novel,
从根本上讲 当大脑接收新事物时
it has to burn more energy to represent it
要消耗更多能量来展现它
because it wasn’t expecting that.
因为大脑对其毫无准备
This feeling that things are going in slow motion is a trick of memory.
事物变慢的感觉是记忆耍的把戏
In other words, when you’re in an emergency situation
也就是说 当你遇到紧急情况时
a part of the brain called the amygdala comes online,
大脑中叫做扁桃体的组织就开始运作
this is your emergency control centre,
它是你的紧急情况控制中心
it lays down memories on what amounts to a secondary memory track,
它把记忆放在等同于二级记忆轨道的地方
these are very dense memories.
这些事物是难以记住的
And you’re noticing everything around you and writing it all down.
你留意身边一切事物 然后记录下来
So when the brain reads that back out,
当大脑读出这些信息
there’s such a density of memory there
就会有如此稠密的记忆
that the brain’s only conclusion is that must have taken a long time.
以至于大脑会认为它们要花费更长的时间
And I think this offers an explanation for why people think
我认为这可以解释
that time seems to speed up as they grow older.
为什么越长大觉得时间过得越快
And it’s because when you’re a child, everything’s new to you.
因为你还是小孩时见到的都是新事物
You’re figuring out the rules of the world,
你要弄清世界的规律
you’re writing down a lot of memory,
要把事物记下形成记忆
and so when you look back at the end of a year,
所以当你进行年末回顾时
you have a lot of memory of what you’ve learnt.
你会想起很多之前学到的东西
But when you’re much older and you look back at the end of the year,
但当你变老后再做年末回顾时
you’re probably doing approximately the same stuff you’ve been doing
你可能发现你正在做一些
for the X number of previous years.
多年前就做过的类似事情
And so it seems like the year just went by in a flash.
因此感觉时间一闪而过
Really the way to feel as though you’ve lived longer
想要感觉活得更久 一个可行的方法就是
is to seek novelty.
去探索新事物
So you can start with something simple
你可以先做一些简单的事情
like putting your wristwatch on your other hand
比如 换一只手戴手表
or brushing your teeth with your other hand.
或者换一只手刷牙
Something this simple just forces the brain into a new mode
这些简单的事迫能使大脑进入一种新模式
where it can’t predict exactly what’s going to happen
使其无法准确预测将要发生的事
but instead has to be engaged.
但仍要参与信息处理
And what that means is when you go to bed at night time
那意味着当你夜晚上床睡觉时
you have a lot of footage to draw upon
你要处理许多待编辑片段
and it feels like your life is lasting longer.
这让你感觉自己还会活的更久
Thanks for watching 🙂
感谢观看
Don’t forget to subscribe and click the bell to receive notifications for new videos.
记得订阅 点击按钮可接收视频更新通知
See you again soon!
再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

该视频主要讲述了一个神经学家研究时间与人类记忆的关系,从而思考出年纪越大,越觉得时间短

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

FM&SF

审核员

审核员SR

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1AK8gJRUJo

相关推荐