未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么技术公司创始人需要道德指南针?

Why Tech Founders Need a Moral Compass

I did eight startups in 21 years and,
我在21年期间开了8家创业公司
and I had a variety of role models.
我也有过好几个不同的榜样
Some of which were, win at any cost.
有些人说 无论什么代价都要赢
And some of which were, you know,
有些人则说
win but you needed a set of,
即使要赢
a profound beliefs about ethics.
你也要有一套深刻的道德信念
Then I had mentors on both sides.
我的导师来自黑白两派
And the question is whether it’s the better angels that win
问题是 究竟是正派会赢
or the darker angels that win.
还是反派会赢
And so I ask entrepreneurs
所以我会告诉企业家
to always have that conversation with themselves.
要常常跟自己进行这类对话
All my students today, when they graduate
现在 我的学生毕业时
think they’re ready to be CEOs.
都自以为可以当CEO了
You know, 10,000 person companies.
可以领导万人公司了
The problem is as you know facts,
问题是 虽然你有知识
but you don’t have any experience.
但是你缺乏经验
And, therefore,
所以
you have data but no wisdom.
你有了数据 缺了智慧
And so I still suggest that
所以我还是会建议
you actually go apprentice somewhere.
你要找个地方去当学徒
Go watch some CEO in a start-up
找个创业公司去观察它的CEO
for at least a year or two or more,
花个一两年或更长时间
and see what that role is like and,
看看CEO的工作是怎样的
it’s an eye-opener.
这会让你大开眼界
The sign of any truly disruptive company is
一个真正具颠覆性的公司
clashing with the local regulatory establishment,
会跟地方当局发生冲突
and Airbnb’s fight is hitting the steps of city hall today.
今天 Airbnb 准备与市政府交锋
At the very heart of the issue is
这场官司的核心问题是
whether or not the home-sharing startup
这家共享房屋创业公司的服务
and its services are good for New York City.
对纽约市究竟有没有好处
I don’t think you get a memo that says
没有人会写备忘录说
you’re being immoral versus disrupting an industry.
你毫无道德地把整个行业颠覆掉
And so once you cross a line,
一旦跨越了某个界限
and without any kind of board oversight or ethical boundaries,
你又缺乏董事会监督和道德界限
you don’t seem to stop.
你就不会停下来
And that’s what’s dangerous.
危险就在于此
So that’s a great question, is why do founders have so much power?
问题问得好 创始人为何拥有这么大的权力
In the 21st century, the technology cycles
在21世纪 技术生命周期
have become incredibly compressed.
已经缩短了许多
We’ve created unicorns,
我们创造了独角兽公司
startups whose value is north of a billion dollars.
也就是估值超过10亿美元的创业公司
So you just can’t, like, go public and get rid of the founder,
所以你不能让公司上市 然后把创始人踢开
because right in the hour you’re public,
因为在你上市后的一个小时内
there’s two new competitors and the market’s changed.
会有两个新的竞争者出现 让市场变样
In some unicorns, the founders, not the investors,
在一些独角兽公司 真正控制公司董事会的
actually control the board of directors of the company.
不是投资者 而是创始人
And the investors are just along for the ride.
投资者只是来坐顺风车而已
Now that’s great if founders behave well.
如果创始人行为良好 那就太棒了
But if founders behave badly,
但是如果创始人行为不检点
break the law, sexual harassment,
犯法 性骚扰
you know, illegal competition,
进行非法竞争
the investors are not only don’t have control,
投资者非但没有控制权
but they’re the ones who could be thrown off the board
而且要是他们爆创始人的料
if they call the founder out.
被踢出董事会的会是他们
VCs could decide, as a group,
风险资本家可以集体决定
that we don’t invest in companies that, where we give out total founder control.
不向由创始人全权控制的公司投资
You know, that falls under the fat chance.
我只能说 几乎不可能
Ethics are not part of anybody’s metrics.
没有人会把道德当作指标
So I think we’re gonna have to wait to some larger explosion.
所以我想我们得等待更大的事件爆发
But I don’t think it’s impacted the investors.
但是投资者好像都没受到影响
I think the day some investors start going to jail
如果有投资者因为没把投资管理好
for, you know, not managing their investment,
而得去坐牢的话
then maybe we’ll see some different behavior.
他们的行为才有可能会变
It’s not that I don’t have hope.
我不是没有希望
It’s that we’re in a new Gilded Age.
只是新的镀金时代已经降临
I think these things go in cycles.
我想这样的事会反复发生
This whole environment feels a lot like the 1890s in the United States
整个环境感觉就像1890年代的美国那样
You know corporations kind of ruled,
统治国家的是企业
We truly had people who were underclass,
而且下层阶级大有人在
most of the wealth was kind of concentrated in the hands of a few.
大部分的财富集中在少数人的手中
And it looks like we might be approaching that cycle again.
看来这种循环又要降临了
You know, government just basically out sourced itself.
基本上 政府早就把自己外包出去了
But the good news and, and the thing to be hopeful for,
但是有一个好消息让我们有希望
is that at the end of that rain, the Progressive Era,
就是 进步时代的大雨结束后
the Modern Era, actually arose out of those ashes.
现代时期从其灰烬中诞生
I think we’ll see that again.
我想 我们会再看到这种情况

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

为什么技术公司创始人需要道德指南针?

听录译者

想念

翻译译者

搬那度

审核员

审核员 RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hkgELvs5M

相关推荐