ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么学校应该教授更多的质疑而不是遵从 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么学校应该教授更多的质疑而不是遵从

Why Schools Should Teach Skepticism Above Obedience | Lawrence Krauss

互联网给人们带来的一大好处是 它为我们的思想
One of the biggest surprises of the Internet is we thought when the Internet came out it
装备上探究这个世界的基础工具
would provide everyone new fundamental tools to learn about the world around them, and
并且事实上互联网能够除去我们得到的审查和信息
it would actually remove the censorship and information that we get.
在互联网时代以前 我们常常小心地从三个电视台获取信息
Before the Internet we used to get our news from three TV stations and it was carefully
而电视节目都是精心策划的结果 随着互联网的到来你可以搜索到
edited and carefully described, and after the Internet came out you could search news
来自全世界的信息——非常棒
sources from around the world—great!
问题是互联网也成为错误信息的来源
The problem is the Internet also became a source of misinformation.
在一个挺有名的动画片里 一只小狗在屏幕上敲下一行字
There’s that very famous cartoon that says, “On the Internet no one knows if you’re
“在网上没人知道你其实是条狗”
a dog,” with a dog typing on a typewriter.
你不知道你消息的来源 这就正是网络的美妙之处
You don’t know the source of your information, which is the beauty of it.
而这美妙之处恰是由粒子物理学家所创造的
It was the reason it was actually created by particle physicist
他们在大型强子对撞机
working at the Large Hadron Collider
现在被称为欧洲核子研究组织工作
or at least CERN the laboratory where that now is
因为有上千的物理学家
because thousands of physicists
需要交换信息 但不用去管信息的来源是哪里
needed to communicate with information without caring about where the source came from.
而现实中信息的来源是被屏蔽的
But the fact that the source is shielded is,
当然 在当今的政治世界中
is of course, a great concern nowadays in the
这是一个很令人担忧的问题
political world among other things,
所以我们必须思考能解决这个问题的方法
and so we have to think about ways that we can address that.
如今 显然 信息提供者也可以尝试解决这个问题
Now, of course, information providers can try and work on that too
但是基本上我们都有自己的责任
but we basically all have our own responsibility
去成为我们自已的过滤器
to become our own filters.
这正是我认为
We have, and that’s why it seems to me
教育系统应该教给孩子们
the educational system has to provide those tools
这些过滤工具
those filtering tools.
这也是我认为科学如此重要的原因之一
And that’s one of the reasons why I think science is so important
由于它内置的过滤工具
because of its built-in filtering tools.
人们意识到自己都想要去相信
It recognizes that we all want to believe
正如理查德·费曼所说:“你最需要质疑的人就是你自己”
and as Richard Feynman said, “The person you have to question most is yourself.”
这意味着当你看到一则信息 它与你自己的观点不谋而合
Knowing that you want to believe when you read something that validates your beliefs,
你应该质疑这则信息 质疑你自己的观点的 并应该去看看别的观点
you should be skeptical of it and your beliefs and you should look out for other sources.
因此我们必须教育人们网络上的一个来源是不够的
So we have to train people that one source on the Internet is not good enough
你必须广泛地查验得到的消息是否正确
you have to search broadly to see if it’s validated.
进一步说 你必须养成检验信息的习惯
More over, you have to empirically test those ideas.
如果你看到一些主张 你需要注意
If claims are made, you could look out and
并查阅数据来确认这些主张是否得到了验证
look at the data to see if those claims are validated.
我们都有这个新的责任
We all have this new responsibility, because we have a sudden wealth of information
因为我们有大量的信息可以成为我们自己的过滤器
to become our own filters.
如果公众不掌握辨别真理的工具的话
And I can’t see any way that we can move into an Internet-guided world
我觉得没什么办法让我们可以进入
where democracy remains vibrant
一个以互联网为主导的民主世界
if the public doesn’t have the tools to distinguish sense from nonsense.
对我来说 我和大家聊科学的一个原因
And for me that’s one of the reasons why I talk about science
因为我认为科学是教会人们甄别信息的关键
because I think it provides us one of the key tools to do that.
有一件事情是毫无疑问的
One things seems very clear to me:
教育不应该留给私营企业
education should not be left to private enterprise anymore
就好像警察、消防、军队或者健康一样
than police or fire or military or in my opinion health
因为教育是所有公民的基本权利
because they’re fundamental rights of people
创造一个平稳安定的经济社会
And in a society that has the financial resources to provide individuals a safe and secure environment,
这才是政府真正应该做的事政府的工作之一就是教育年轻人
which is really what government is all about, part of that is to educate young people.
在一个先进的现代化国家里
It’s a right for every young person in a society
每一个年轻人都有权利
in a modern advanced industrial society,
接受教育
to receive an education.
这不是说我们就不能有私立学校
And that means not that we can’t have the option of private education
但我们要确保年轻学生们都能有机会
but we have to ensure that students are provided opportunities
将来成为最有作为的成年人
to become the most productive adults
他们能适应复杂的现代生活
they can be in a modern complex society.
这不是说要把科学或科学相关的事情看作绝对的真理
That by the way doesn’t mean treating science and other things as purely information
这种想法不对
that’s a mistake.
我们过去总是认为学校是传授知识的地方
We used to feel that schools were places that imparted information.
嗯 我现在也能在手机上就查到和学校教的一样的东西
Well, I can get more information in my cell phone now than I could in any school
但我也更容易从手机里得到错误信息
but I could also get more misinformation.
我们需要认识到 科学也不仅仅是事实
What we need to recognize is that science is not just a bunch of facts
但这是一个推导事实的过程
but it’s a process for deriving facts.
并且这是一个从不合理中辨别合理的过程
and it’s a process to tell sense from nonsense.
我们现在需要教给孩子们的东西
What we need to provide students nowadays
是批判性思维 这样他们就能用来评估所有
is a filter that they can use to assess all
围绕在他们身边的真假信息
all the information and misinformation they’re barraged with
因此他们可以成为负责任的公民
so they can become responsible citizens.
批判性思维还能教会孩子们怎么提问题
And that filter involves teaching kids how to question.
问题本身比答案更重要
Questioning is more important than answering
对我来说
It seems to me
在学校我们应该教孩子们如何提问
when it comes to school we should teach kids how to question
然后说“让我们来找出答案吧”
and say let’s see how we could get the answer
让我们质疑着提出问题 让我们检验答案
let’s skeptically ask questions, let’s test our ideas
让我们翻阅资料
let’s search through many sources.
这些应该是现代教育的基础 且无论是在公立还是私立学校里
Now, this should be the basis of any child’s education today, and that’s public or private,
但是政府必须保证学生至少有平等的机会
but the government, of course, has to assure that students have at least equal opportunity.
不同学生将获得不同成就 但至少他们接受教育的机会
Students are going to achieve differently, but at least have equal opportunity access
是平等的
to education.
这就导致我们不得不去评估所有可能出现的私人教育系统
And that means we have to be able to account for all possible private education systems,
有些私人教育很明确地就是让学生失去思考的能力 而是让他们相信
some of which are frankly designed to keep students from thinking, to keep students believing
有些可能存在很久的虚构之事 因为他们生怕了解宇宙是如何
some myth that may have existed a long time ago for fear that understanding how the universe
运作的可能会破坏他们的信仰
really works might undermine their faith.
这样做是虐待孩子 因为我们拒绝提供资源
Well doing that is child abuse, because we’re withholding literally resources that will
这些资源可以帮助他们成为更有用的人
help children become more effective adults.
因此政府的一个重要角色就是保障所有的孩子享有平等的机会
And so there’s a very important role in government to ensure that all kids have equal opportunity
去获得各类信息
access to the process by which we gain information.
当他们面对外部世界 他们会得到许多信息
And then as they go out in the outside world they’ll get lots of information.
我获得了博士学位 但我要说即使在物理领域 大多数我所知道的都是在我
I received a PhD, but I will say even in physics most of what I know now I learned after I
获得博士学位之后学习到的
got my PhD.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

学校应该教授更多的质疑而不是遵从, 政府的一个重要角色就是保障公众的教育平等。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

光明

审核员

审核团O

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhZ-WN35O4E

相关推荐