未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么要扫描英国最完整的恐龙化石之一?

Why scan one of the most complete British dinosaurs? | Natural History Museum

Mantellisaurus atherfieldensis is one of the most complete dinosaur skeletons from the UK
曼特尔阿瑟菲尔德禽龙标本是英国保留最完整的恐龙骨骼之一
Found over 100 years ago, it was the first of its kind to be discovered
它于100多年前被发掘 是同类恐龙中最早被发现的
This specimen is extremely important for scientific research
这个骨骼标本对科学研究极为重要
We have many, many visiting researchers who come to our collections
很多研究员到我们藏馆研究恐龙化石
to study our dinosaur fossils. Every day, every week, we have people in our collections.
每天 每周 络绎不绝
And Mantellisaurus has been a problem
然而我们还不能让他们直接接触曼特尔龙标本
because we haven’t been able to allow them access to it.
这一直是个问题
So, what we’ve done over the last couple of days
所以 过去的几天里
is pull it out of its glass box, remove all of the bones from the mount,
我们把它从玻璃箱中拉出来 从支撑架上取下所有骨骼
and we’ve brought them here to the Marine Invertebrates gallery,
然后把它们带到海洋无脊椎动物馆
where we are 3D-scanning them.
在那里对它们进行3D扫描
And this also an opportunity for our researchers to get their hands on the bones
这也为研究人员提供了接触骨骼
and collect the data they need for their research.
并收集研究所需数据的机会
My name’s Joe. I’m studying iguanodontian dinosaurs.
我是乔 我正在研究禽龙类恐龙
So this specimen is actually the holotype of Mantellisaurus.
这个标本事实上是曼特尔龙的正模标本
A holotype is what’s assigned to that species when it’s first described.
正模标本是一个物种被第一次描述时所使用的标本
So for me to look at this is really important for my project.
因此观察这个标本对我的项目而言十分重要
It enables me to compare the holotype with other animals
这样我就能将它与其他动物进行对比
so I can work out how they’re related,
从而弄清它们之间的联系
something that you can’t do when it’s behind glass.
隔着玻璃就无法做到这一点
We try to scan lots and lots of specimens in the dinosaur collection
我们试图扫描恐龙藏馆中的大量标本
to share them with researchers all over the world,
以便与世界各地的研究者们共享
allow people who otherwise aren’t able to access our collections
使原本无法接触到藏品的人
to be able to get data from our material.
可以从我们的资料中获取数据
From the 3D models, researchers might just want to take the bone, turn it around, look at it
利用3D模型 研究者们可以拿着骨骼标本 翻来覆去地观察它
and see whether it’s the same as the bone that they’ve got.
判断自己获得的骨骼是否与这些骨骼标本相同
Or they might want to do some sort of
或者 他们也可以基于动物运动或食性
sophisticated biomechanical analyses based on locomotion or feeding,
进行复杂的生物力学分析
so we can do all sorts of different things with computational data.
我们可以利用计算数据做很多事情
It really allows us to move beyond the bones
这确实使我们能够突破骨骼领域走得更远
and manipulate these animals much more in the way that we would do with living animals.
此外 相比使用活体动物 利用模型数据进行研究能实现更多操作
And I hope that in the future every element in the dinosaur collection
我希望将来可以对恐龙藏馆中所有藏品进行扫描
will be scanned, but this is a first step.
现在我们迈出了第一步

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

伦敦自然历史博物馆专家决定3D扫描英国现存最完整的恐龙化石之一——曼特尔龙化石,这到底是为什么呢?快来一探究竟吧~

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

1

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf53DC136mY

相关推荐