ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

搞砸面试的三个字——“垫脚石” – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

搞砸面试的三个字——“垫脚石”

Why Saying "Stepping Stone" Will Kill Any Job Interview

“你很棒 除非以后遇到比你更好的人”
Would you marry someone who said, “You are great,
你会嫁给一个这样对你说的人吗?
but only until someone better comes along?”
显然不会
Obviously no.
敏锐的面试官会跟你有完全相同的感受
But that’s exactly what prospective employers hear
如果你在面试时说了这三个字
when you utter the phrase of death in any job interview.
“垫脚石”
“Stepping stone.”
“说出这三个字 肯定把面试搞砸”
作为招聘经理 第一次遇到这种情况的经历真是永生难忘
I’ll never forget the first time this happened to me as a hiring manager.
当时我经营着一份商业杂志 急需招聘几名编辑
I was trying to quickly add editors to the business magazine I was running,
我注意到 其中一位求职者很有天分
and there was one incredibly talented candidate on my radar.
最后 我把她请进我的办公室 滔滔不绝地描述这份工作的前景
Finally, I got her in my office, and sell sell sell I did.
看来她也很感兴趣
She seemed eager enough,
我就想 再问问那个经典问题就结束面试吧
so I thought I might wrap it up with that classic question,
按你的职业规划 三年后你在做什么职位
“Where do you see yourself in 3 years?”
她礼貌地回答说 很可能在某家银行的公关部工作
“Probably in communications for a bank.” She replied politely.
我会很乐意换个行业
“I’d love to transition to industry,
所以您这份工作会是我最好的“垫脚石”
which is what makes this job such an excellent stepping stone.”
谢谢 下一位
“Thank you. Next.”
别误会
Now, don’t get me wrong,
实际上我很佩服那些精心规划职业生涯的人
I actually admire people who think strategically about their careers.
做了7年的罪案报道之后
After 7 years as a crime reporter,
我自己也意识到 我需要读个MBA 再做几年咨询工作
I myself knew I needed an MBA and a few years of consulting
才能更合理地报道商业新闻
before I could legitimately cover business.
我还建议自己的孩子到特定的公司上班
And I’ve advised my own kids to work in certain companies
纯粹是为了学些技能
just to gain skills.
并非每份工作都是值得付出终生的事业
Not every job is a life-time commitment.
但也不能为达目的而利用自己的雇主
But you also cannot be using employers for your own ends.
首先 它往往适得其反
First of all, it usually backfires.
就算你没有提到“垫脚石”三个字 从而暴露自己的目的
Even if you don’t reveal yourself by using the phrase “stepping stone”,
人们也会很快就意识到 你是个唯利是图的人
soon enough you’ll be sussed out as a soldier of fortune.
此外 也是更重要的一点 就是
On top of that and more important,
把每份工作都当做用以过河的桥 绝不是正确的生活方式
it’s just no way to live treating every job as a means to an end.
那不是策略 也不是雄心壮志
That’s beyond strategic. It’s beyond ambition.
而是唯利是图
It’s just kind of mercenary.
所以 我除了要告诉你
So look, I am not only saying,
面试时别说“垫脚石”三个字
“don’t allow the words ‘stepping stone’ in an interview,”
我也想说 想都别这么想
I’m saying “don’t even think them.”
就算你知道一份工作不会做到天荒地老
Even if you know a job isn’t forever,
但只要他们还在给你发薪 就职业而言 那就是你的家
it’s your professional home while they are paying you.
投入其中 竭尽全力吧
Go in and give it your all.
只有这样 你才能和同事成为真正的朋友
That’s the only way to make true friends with your colleagues,
赢得“具有团队精神”的名声
earn a reputation as a team player,
说不定你每天都能实现某个更大的目标
and hopefully do something every day that’s bigger than you.
或许你会离职 或许你不会
Maybe you’ll leave someday, maybe you won’t.
但就算你离职了 你也能做到恪尽职守
But if you do in time, it would be with integrity.
那才是值得做的事
And that’s a step worth taking.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

认真对待每一分工作,别把它当做下一份工作的跳板

听录译者

战五渣

翻译译者

战五渣

审核员

审核员B

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiNFr0R7DVo

相关推荐