未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

别觉得自己不会画画,让我来证明你可以

Why people believe they can’t draw - and how to prove they can | Graham Shaw | TEDxHull

错觉
Illusions
Graham Shaw 为什么人们认为他们不能画画 – 怎么证明他们可以?

嗨 我有一个问题问大家:
Hi, I’ve got a question for you:
今天在场多少人敢说他会画速写呢?
how many people here would say they can draw?
(笑)
(Laughter)
我看举手的大概
I think we’ve got about one or two percent
有1%到2%.
of the hands going up,
很有意思
and it’s interesting, isn’t it?
是不是? 有点像人们想起拼写或者唱歌他们想
It’s a little bit like people thinkof spelling or singing.
“你或者会 或者不会 ”
They think,”You can eitherdo it, or you can’t.”
可是 我相信你们一定能
But I think you can.
因为当人们说他们不能画的时候
Because when people say they can’t draw,
我认为更多跟他们的信仰有关系 而不是他们的天才或者能力
I think it’s more to do with beliefs rather than talent and ability.
所以我认为 当他们说他们不会画的时候
So I think when you say you can’t draw,
那仅是一个错觉
that’s just an illusion,
今天 我就想给你们证明这一点
and today I’d like to prove that to you.
当我说“画”的时候
When I say”draw”,
我不是说我们大家都要像米开朗基罗那样画
I’m not saying we’re all goingto draw like Michelangelo.
我们不是要去画西斯廷礼拜堂的天顶画而是说
We are not going to be paintingthe Sistine Chapel’s ceiling.
在这个讲话结束后
But would you be happy if,
你们会感觉高兴于
by the end of this session,
你们都能画 有点像这样的画
you could draw picturesa little bit like this?
(观众窃窃私语)
(Audience murmuring) Oh, yes!
(笑)
(Laughter)
甚至于有点像这样的画?
Or even a little bit like this?
(笑)
(Laughter) Actually,
事实上要做到这些
there are only two things you
你们只要做两件事情
need to do to be able to achieve this.
首先 要解放思想 你们能做到吗?
One is have an open mind.Are you up for that?
(观众:)
(Audience) Yes!
当然!然后第二点
And two, just be prepared to have a go.
准备好开始那么 拿一张纸和一支笔出来好
So grab a pen and a piece of paper. OK,
下面我们这么着
so here’s how it’s going to work:
我给大家看看我们要画的第一张卡通
I’ll show you the first cartoonwe’re going to do,
那么开始先好好看
so just watch to begin with.
来开始了
Here we go.
好好看
Just watching.
这将是我们要画的第一张卡通
That’s going to be our first cartoon.
这是一个叫史派克的卡通人物
It’s a character called Spike.
我想请你们跟我一起画
I’d like you to draw along with me.
我画第一条线 然后你们跟着画
I’ll draw the first line, you draw,
画完了之后请抬起头来
and when you’ve done that, look up,
这样我就知道你们准备好画下一笔了好
and I’ll know you’re readyfor the next line. Okay,
我们开始
here we go.
先画鼻子
Start with the nose.
现在画眼睛
Now the eyes.
眼睛看起来像66或者双引号
They’re like 66s or speech marks.
这样就好了然后
That’s it. Next,
画嘴巴 漂亮的
the mouth. Nice, big smile. Now,
大大的微笑现在 在这里
over here, the ear. Next,
画鼻子然后
some spiky hair. Next,
小平头然后 我们把笔落在嘴巴的左边
put the pen to the left to the mouth,
轻轻一笔
little line like that.
在耳朵下方落笔
Pen under the ear, drop a line like that.
这么画一笔脖子左边落笔
Pen to the left of the neck,top of the T-shirt.
T恤的脖子 左边一笔
Line to the left, line to the right.
右边一笔把你们的画举起来让大家看看(笑
Just hold your drawings upand show everyone.
嘈杂)
(Laughter)
我们画的怎么样?
How are we all doing?
(笑声)
(Laughter)
好好
OK. OK,
太棒了!
fantastic. So,
这么说 看起来你们只是学会了画一张卡通画可是
it looks like you’ve just learnedto draw one cartoon,
你们实际上学到了更多;
but you’ve actually learnedmore than that;
你们学会了画的顺序
you’ve learned a sequencethat would enable you
让你们可以画出千千万万张各种各样的卡通因为
to draw hundreds and thousandsof different cartoons,
我们只是在这个顺序上做小小的变化
because we’re just going to dolittle variations on that sequence.
我们再试试这个
Have a go at this.
跟着我画鼻子
Draw along with me.
眼睛
Nose.
微笑
Eyes.

Smile.

That’s it.
画点头发
Now some hair.
嘴巴左边下笔
Pen to the left of the mouth,
头发下面
under the hair,
上衣的V领
little V-shape for the top, line to the left,
左一条线右一条线
line to the right.
我们又画了一个卡通人物 让我们叫她萨尔玛
So we’ve got another character.Let’s call her Thelma.
(笑)
(Laughter) So,
现在我们画了史派克和萨尔玛
we’ve got Spike and Thelma.
我们再来一个 现在就开始了
Let’s try another one. Here we go.
再搞点小小的变化 你马上就会明白这个意思
Another little variation.You’re getting the idea.
从鼻子开始
Starting with the nose.
这次我们稍稍改变一下眼睛看着
But this time we’ll changethe eyes slightly. Look,
两个连在一起的圆圈就这样
two circles together like that.
然后
That’s it. Then,
眼睛里点两个小黑点而且
two little dots in for the eyes.
我们稍稍改变一下嘴巴
And this time we’ll changethe mouth slightly. Watch.
你们看小圆圈 这儿涂上颜色
Little circle colored in there.
就这样试试然后
Have a go at that. Next,
耳朵现在
the ear. Now,
我们搞搞头发
we’ll have some funwith the hair, watch.
你们看漂亮的卷发同样
Nice curly hair.
在嘴巴左侧也画上
Then same thing: pen to the left to the mouth,
小小一道线
little line like that.
耳朵下方
Under the ear, drop a line.
往下画一道T恤领子左一道
Top of the T-shirt.
右一道我想
Line to the left, line to the right.
我们可以叫他杰夫
I think we’ll call him Jeff.
(笑)
(Laughter)
我们再来一张
We’ll do one more.
再来一张
One more go. Here we go.
开始你们现在明白了
You’re getting the idea.
(笑)
(Laughter)
我们还是从鼻子开始注意
So we’ll start with a nose again.
我们做了一些小小的变化这次
Notice we’re doing little variations.
我们改一下眼睛 两只眼睛分开
Now we’ll change the eyes,so we’ve got them apart.
里面点上这样的小点点然后
We’ll put some little dots in like that. Next,
嘴巴也稍稍不同
the mouth slightly different.
还是来一个小V形
Let’s put a little V-shape like that.
三角形
Triangle.
一小道线条穿过三角
And a little line across,
并且把颜色涂深一点
and we’ll just color this a little bit in. Now,
现在 仔细看这里;来点头发
watch this bit carefully;some hair, watch.
看着继续
Here we go, little line like that. Next,
这么一小道接着
a bit more there.
再来一点点好好看着 一对三角
And watch, a couple of trianglesto make a little bow.
形成小拱形下面在家一个三角 这是剩下的头发
Triangle at the bottom, rest of the hair.
还是嘴巴左边下笔
Pen to the left of the mouth again.
这你们都知道
You get the idea.
一条线画脖子
Drop a line for the neck.
现在画V形
Now the V-shape.
一道向左
Line to the left, line to the right.
一道向右完成了
There we go.
让我们叫她派姆
Let’s call her Pam.
(笑)这么着
(Laughter)
你们已经……
So you’ve done…
(笑)这么着
(Laughter)
你们已经画了四个卡通画
So you’ve done four cartoons.
现在可以休息一下
You can have a little rest now.
(笑)
(Laughter)
休息一下
Take a rest.
你们慢慢明白了 我们所做的只是细微的变化
You’re getting the idea.All we’re doing is little variations.
我只是跟你们演示了一两个地方
I’ll just demonstrate a couple to you.
我们可以接着画一整天
We could go on all day, couldn’t we?
能么?你们可以画一个闷闷不乐的人物
You could do someonelooking unhappy, a bit like that,
像这样或者也可以试试这样 或许
or you could experiment with,perhaps, someone who is…
一个就这么画一条直线 一付受厌烦了的样子或者
just draw a straight line,someone looking a bit fed up.
也许你们可以想怎么画就怎么画
Or perhaps, you could do anything you like, really,
真的 就随便试着画
just try things out.
看这里 一条弯弯扭扭的线条
Look at this. Little squiggle.There we are. So,
就这样所以 我们可以画各种各样的东西事实上
all sorts of things we could do. Actually,
我想让你们再画一张 还有一个主意
one more I’ll let you do,one more idea.
这一个超级小技巧
This is a great little technique.
试试这个:戴眼镜的人物
Have a go at this: people with glasses on.
我们就画一个有点像史派克的鼻子然后
Just draw a nose a bit like Spike’s. Next,
画镜框
draw some frames,
两个这样的圆圈
so two circles like thatwith a little bit in between. Now,
之间一小道现在 只要在里面加上两点 代表眼睛
just put some dotsinside for the eyes like that. Next,
就这样然后
the ear.
耳朵基本跟我们之前画的一样
So it’s little bit like we did before,
只是这次我们要把镜框架起来
but this time we’ll join up the frames.
就这样 好好看这一点点
That’s it. Watch this bit.
(笑)
(Laughter)
这一点点 我真的很喜欢
And this bit I really like. Watch.
看着(笑)然后
(Laughter)
这里一点点
And then, little bit there.
胡子底下下笔
Pencil under the mustache, line down,
往下一道T恤领子 左一笔
top of the shirt, left and right.
右一笔这么就画完了 我们还可以继续
So there we have it.We could carry on, couldn’t we? Hopefully,
可以么?希望我们画到这里 足以说服你们
we’ve done enoughto convince you
事实上我们大家都会画
that in fact we can all draw.
而且不只是今天在场的人 和以前跟我学过画的人……
And not just people here.I’ve worked with…
我给你们举三个例子
I’m going to give you three examples
其他学会画速写的人的例子
of other people who’ve learned to draw,
而且他们当时也吃惊不小
and that actually surprised them, too.
跟你们一样我要把我觉得最喜欢
I’m going to savewhat I think is my favorite,
最令我震惊的例子
most surprising example until last.
放到最后第一个例子是这样的:
The first example is:
我教过很多小孩和学校的学生小孩子
I’ve worked a lot with children and students in schools.
一般都画得很好
Actually the little ones,they just draw fine,
可是一旦过了十五六岁
but when they get to about 15 or 16,
大多数都认为自己不会画
most of them think they can’t draw.
但是我跟他们交流
But I worked with them.
就在本周 我去了一个学校
I worked this week in a school
主要是教他们利用画图来帮助记忆
where I was coaching themon using pictures for memory.
一位女生试图记住红细胞的功能
A girl was trying to rememberwhat red blood cells do,
她画了这个小图
and she drew this little picture
一个红色的细胞 提着一个手袋
of a red blood cell carrying a handbag
上面写着O2
with O2 on it
好让她记住血红细胞将氧气
to remind her that the red blood cells
带到身体的各个部分
carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
这是个不错的例子
That was a great one.
除此之外
The other people I worked
我也跟处于不同年龄段的成年人工作过
with are many adults in all walks of life,
特别是在生意圈子里
and particularly in business,
他们经常想让他们做的介绍观众过目不忘
and they often will wantto make presentations memorable.
在这种情况下 一个速写的卡通或者草图可以大显神通
So again, a quick cartoon or sketch could be really good for that.
同样多数人认为他们不会画
And again, most people think they can’t draw,
可是我们看看这个例子
but take this example.
几条波浪线
Couple of wavy lines,
小船象征着我们大家都在里面
little boat could be a metaphor to represent we’re all in this together.
所以如果在演讲中画出来
So that, if that was just drawnin the presentation,
一定会过目不忘
would really stayin the memory, wouldn’t it?
是不是?
Yeah.
当然是的可是第三个例子是-
But the third example is –
你们不能有偏好
you shouldn’t have favorites, should you?
对不对? 这是我的最爱
This is my favorite.
你有没有经历过在一个宴会里有人问你是做什么的?
Have you ever been at the party when someone asks you what you do?
当人们问我时
It gets a little bit skepticalwhen people ask me that.
会有点怀疑这位女士对我说
This lady said to me, well –
哦我说 “我做一点培训
I said,” I do a little bit of training,
我教人学画画”
and I teach people to draw,”
然后
and she said,
她说 “你能来为我们的团体做一些培训吗?”
” Would you come along and do some for our group?”
她说 “她和一些人一起工作” -她是志愿者-
She said,”I work with some people”- she was a volunteer –
这个团体的人们都经历过中风
a group of peoplewho have suffered strokes.
所以我说 “当然可以 我可以花一些时间做培训”
So I said,”Sure, I could sparesome time for that.”
然后我说我可以 我预定了时间
So I said I would,and I booked the time in.
你曾经做过这个吗?
Have you ever done that?
那时你在接近
You get near of that time
然后你会想 “是什么让我自己陷入在这里?”
and you think,”What have I let myself in for here?”
我能做它吗?
“Will I be able to do it?”
我想 “我能和他们做些什么呢?”
I thought,”What could Ido with them?” you see.
你们明白我知道 我要画我的卡通画 他们应该喜欢但是
“I know. I’ll do my cartoon drawing.They’ll like that.”
随着时间接近
But then, as I got near of the time,
我变的更加忧虑
I got more apprehensive,
因为我一直在想
because then I was thinking,
我已经培训过小孩子们 培训过各种成人
“I’ve worked with children,with all sorts of adults;
但是我从未培训过像这样的团体
I’ve never worked with a group like this.”
它证明是一个叫TALK(说)的慈善机构的部分
It turns out it was all part of a charity called TALK.
这个TALK慈善机构是一个的了不起
This TALK charity is a wonderful
的慈然机构 它帮助那些患中风疾病的人们
charity that helps people who’ve suffered strokes,
而且有患有失语症的特殊的情况
but have a particular conditionknown as aphasia.
你可能听说过失语症 有时候叫做言语障碍症
You might have heard of aphasia,sometimes called dysphasia.
关键的事情是它影响他们的沟通交流能力比如
The key thing is it affectstheir ability to communicate. So,
他们可能有问题在读
for example, they might have trouble reading,
写 说 或者理解上面
writing, speaking,or understanding.
它可以使比较孤立的一种情况
It can be quite an isolating condition;
它可以是非常
it can be very,
非常使人沮丧 甚至导致失去信心
very frustrating and can lead to a loss of confidence. Anyway,
不管怎样 我准备了所有的资料
so I prepared all this stuff,
怎么做这个培训
what to do for this session
大概几个小时
– for a couple of hours,
中间喝茶休息时间
tea break in the middle –
我变得更加忧虑
and I got more apprehensive.
但是实际上 我没有必要担心
But actually, I needn’t have worried,
因为我将要向你们展示他们做的
because I’m going to show you now the work that they did.
这是我做过的最好的事情之一
It was one of the best thingsI’ve ever done.
我将给你们展示第一张幻灯片
I’m going to show you the first slide.
我教了他们史派克 像刚刚教你们一样
I taught them Spike,just like I did for you,
我想让你们看看他们
and I want you to see the reaction
画画时的表情
on their faces when they did this.
(观众)哦
(Audience) Oh.
你们这里看到的是两个中风患者的康复者
What you can see hereare two of the stroke recoverers
在左边和右边
on the left and right,
其中一个志愿帮助者在中间
and one of the volunteer helpers in the center.
每一个中风康复者 这个房间里大概
Each stroke recoverer, there are about 36
有36个人 包括志愿者们
in the room with volunteers as well,
这是一对一的帮助者
there’s one-to-one helpers.
你可以看到他们脸上的快乐
You can just see the delighton their faces, can’t you?
是吧让我们看另外一个图片
Let’s look at another picture.
这位先生叫大卫
This is a gentleman called David,
他在拿着这个图片
and he’s holding up his picture,
你可以说这是史派克的图片
and you can tell it was the picture of Spike, can’t you?
是吧事实上 我认为他画的史派克更好些
In fact, I think he’s drawn Spikeeven better there.
但是我没有意识到的是 直到结束这次培训
But what I didn’t realizeuntil even after the session
在这次培训中
was that the number of the people
很多人包括大卫
in this session, including David,
是用他们非惯用的手画画的
were drawing with their wrong hand.
大卫中风
David’s stroke meant
影响到他右侧身体
that it affected the right side of his body,
所以他用他左手画的 很多其他人也是
and he drew with his left hand,as many did.
没有人向我提这回事 也没有人抱怨
Nobody mentioned it to me,nobody complained.
他们就这样画画的
They just got on with it.
它是一个鼓舞人心的培训
It was an inspirational session for me.
它又是一个令人谦恭的培训
It was quite a humbling session,
是我觉得我做过的最美好的事情之一
one of the best thingsI felt I’ve ever done.
培训结束后
At the end of it,
我收到Mike Jordan医生一封令人愉快的邮件
I had a lovely email from doctor Mike Jordan,
他是TALK机构的主席
and he’s the chair of the TALK group;
他是一名医生
happens to be a medical doctor,
但是他又是一个机构的主席
but he’s the chair of the group.
我这里引用他写给我的 他说 ”
He wrote to me, and I’m quoting, he said,
今天我们的康复者认识到他们可以画画
“ Our recoverers learned today that they can draw.
它不仅仅是这些;
It’s a bit more than that;
这是一种让他们建立自信心的活动
this sort of activity really builds their confidence.”
所以当时我很高兴 他也很高兴 每个人都很高兴
So I was happy, he was happy,everyone was happy,
他们又邀请我去
they’ve invited me back again,
现在我大概每三 四个月都会去那里一次很不错
and I go in there now about every three or four months.

So it’s great.
想这是很温馨的值得分享的例子
I thoughtthat was a lovely example to share.
想再画一个画?
Fancy one more drawing?
(观众)是
(Audience) Yes.
那我们开始
Here we go. Grab your pens.
拿起你的笔我们开始了
Here we go. Right.
我将让你画一个你可能认出的人
I’m going to get you to draw someone that you would recognize.
开始于大鼻子 有点像史派克的鼻子下面
So start with a big nose,a bit like Spike’s. Next,
我们做眼睛
we’ll do some eyes,and you might be thinking,
你可能会想这个也有点像史派克
“This is also a bit like Spike.”
看看下面
Watch the next bit.
你已经热身了
You’re getting warm.
开始吧
There you go.
下面这里一条小线
Little line down there.
再下面
Down here.
小的V型領 左边一笔
Little V-shape,line to the left, line to the right.
右边一笔那么你画出了艾伯特
And you’ve got Albert Einstein.
爱因斯坦(笑声)
(Laughter)
那么你有了你的笔
So you’ve got the pens with you,
你证明了你可以画画
you’ve proved that you can draw.
你可以随意带着笔回去
You’re very welcometo take the pens with you
回家里练习 甚至展示给其他人
and have a practice at home, even show somebody else.
但是实际上 我想给你留下一个最后的想法
But actually, I’d like to leave youwith a final thought.
今天当你们来在这里时
When you walked in here today,
很多人认为你们不会画画
many of you didn’t believeyou could draw.
我想针对这个问大家一个问题
I’ve got a question for you about that.
还有哪些信念和限制性的想法
How many other beliefsand limiting thoughts
每天我们都带着?
do we all carry around with us every day?
那些我们有办法挑战
Beliefs that we could perhapspotentially challenge
和换个角度去思考的信念
and think differently about.
如果我们真的挑战那些信念并用不同的角度思考他们
If we did challenge those beliefsand think differently about them,
除了画画 还有什么对我们来说是可以做到的呢?
apart from drawing, what elsewould be possible for us all?
谢谢大家
Thank you very much.
(鼓掌)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TXEZ4tP06c

相关推荐