未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为何新年愿望总是无法实现

Why New Year's Resolutions Fail

PBS数码工作室
Legend has it the month of January was named for the Roman god Janus:
传说一月是以罗马神雅努斯的名字命名的:
he had two faces, one looking to the future and the other looking to the past
他有两张脸 一张面向未来 另一张面向过去
And so, we see the end of the year as a time of reflection;
所以 我们把年末看作反思的时刻
The begining of the next an opportunity to turn over a new leaf.
下一次重新开始的机会的发端
But most of us… are doing it wrong.
但我们大部分人……都做错了
The New Year’s Resolution has long been seen as a chance to set goals
长期以来 新年计划被视为设立目标
and change our behaviour.
和改变我们习惯的机会
Last year, 45% of Americans said they usually make a resolution.
去年 45%的美国人表示 他们会习惯性的下决心
And they’re mostly about losing weight, doing regular exercise or saving money.
它们大多关于减肥 定期锻炼或省钱
But only 8% of those people actually achieved their resolution.
但只有8%的人真正实现了心愿
I’ve never been part of that 8%.
我从来都不是那8%的人
Nope.
从来不是
American psychologist Amy Cuddy writes that
美国心理学家Amy Cuddy写到
New Year’s Resolutions are riddled with psychological traps that work against us.
“新年愿望充满了不利于我们的心理陷阱”
Here’s why
原因是这样的
First of all, most resolutions are too ambitious.
首先 大多数愿望过于远大
Say you resolve to “go to the gym three times a week.”
比如说 你决心“一周去三次健身房”
It sounds okay, I mean I could easily watch Netflix three times a week,
这听起来不错 我是说我一周看三次网飞很容易
so why not make that gym time?
那为什么不把时间用来健身呢?
But it’s totally different and more of a commitment than you may realise,
但两者全然不同 而且这更像是一种承诺
expecially if it’s a new behaviour.
尤其在养成一种新习惯的时候
We often fall victim to the planning fallacy,
我们常常是错误计划的牺牲品
where we underimate the time it takes to complete a task.
我们低估了完成一项任务需要的时间
Sooner or later, but probably sooner, you’ll miss a gym visit and then you’ve failed.
迟早 但可能很快 你错过一次去健身房的机会 然后你就失败了
Repeated failure makes us lose confidence
不断的失败让我们失去信心
and it becomes more likely that we’ll stop.
更有可能的是 我们将放弃
Typical New Year’s Resolutions are too results orientated.
典型的新年心愿太注重结果了
They focus on a lofty ambition – like “Quit smoking”,
他们专注于一个远大的目标 如戒烟
without considering the process,the steps we need to take to get there.
却不考虑其过程和实现目标需要的步骤
They’re also too long term, which makes goals difficult to imagine and relate to.
目标持续过久 使得目标难以想象和关联
Sometimes it’s hard to imagine what life will be like in one year’s time.
有时 很难想象一年后的生活会是什么样子
We’ll have finished a whole new season of Game of Thrones by then.
到那时我们已经看完了《权力的游戏》全新的一季
And often, resolutions are too negatively focused.
通常情况下 决心都过于消极
We want to get rid of things – bad habits or weight,
我们想摆脱某些东西 如坏习惯或体重
rather than build upon things that we’re good at.
而不是建立在我们擅长的事情上
This is why New Year’s Resolutions can be bad for us.
这就是新年计划对我们无益的原因
Setting goals like this can lead to learned helplessness
设定这样的计划会导致习得性无助
where we give up what we’re capable of doing after we repeatedly fail.
经历多次失败后 我们放弃了有能力做的事
So… should we still make New Year’s Resolutions?
那么……我们还应该制定新年计划吗?
Sure, just do it smartly.
当然 聪明点就行了
Back in the 1920s, Bluma Zeigarnik found that
20世纪20年代 布鲁玛·蔡加尼克发现
people have a better memory for tasks they haven’t yet completed;
人们对尚未完成的任务记得更清楚
it’s now called the Zeigarnik effect.
这个现象现在被称为“蔡加尼克效应”
So make your resolution a series of short-term tasks
因此 把你的计划拆成一系列短期任务
– with a positive focus – that you can keep tweaking towards your larger goal.
以积极的态度 你可以不断向更大的目标前进
Start a to-do list, figure out your approach
列一个任务清单 找出实现它的方法
and it’s much more likely you’ll fell a niggling urge
更可能的是 你会有一种冲动
to complete the little things.
去完成这些小的事情
And once you do, Richard Wiseman writes that
理查德·怀斯曼写到“一旦你这样做
planning a reward gives you a sense of achievement and keeps you on track.
计划奖励会给你一种成就感 让你保持在正轨上”
This way you can look back and feel accomplished about everything you’ve done
这样 回顾过去时 你会觉得自己做过的事很完满
and you can look forward towards your goal; all until next January rolls around.
你可以朝着目标一直前进 直到明年一月到来
See you next week.
下周再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

为什么一年的开始我们仔细的制定计划,到年末反而没法实现呢?让我们一起来了解吧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Allen

审核员

审核员VS

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXoEIHwWAqU

相关推荐