未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么说缺乏好奇心在扼杀我们?

Why Lack Of Curiosity Is Killing Us (Purpose of Asian Boss)

Hey, let me ask you a question.
哈喽 让我问你们一个问题
Are you following your dreams at this very moment?
此时此刻 你有在追梦吗?
Are you doing something that you are truly passionate about for a living?
为了生活 你有没有做某件让你特别有激情的事呢?
My guess would be probably no.
我猜可能没有
Why?
为什么呢?
Because we all have to deal with this thing called reality.
因为我们都要面对一件叫现实的事
And reality is that money matters.
而现实关乎金钱
Make no mistake, we all need to survive financially and pay our bills.
没有搞错的话 我们都需要维持财政生活 付清我们的账单
Because of this, the vast majority of people won’t even
因为这个原因 大部分的人
try to follow their dreams in the first place
从一开始就甚至不尝试着追寻他们的梦想
or they quit
或者当遇到现实时
when the reality hits.
他们会放弃
Instead, they choose to go down the “safe” path
相反 他们选择了一条“安全”的路
that guarantees a stable paycheck and job security.
来保证稳定的工资和工作保障
About 3 years ago, my friend Kei and I chose a very different path
大概三年前 我朋友凯和我选择了一条不同的道路
when we decided to quit our jobs and
那时我们决定放弃我们的工作
start the Asian Boss YouTube channel.
在YouTube上开通了亚洲老板这个频道
We had absolutely no experience whatsoever making videos
不论怎么说我们都没有做视频的经验
and we sure as hell didn’t know if our voices could ever be heard.
我们也十分不确定我们的声音能不能被听到
All we knew at the time, was that
那时我们知道的 仅仅是
rather than focusing on making money for ourselves,
不要将精力放在为我们自己挣钱
we wanted to help address and solve what we felt was a serious social issue.
我们希望帮助讨论和解决我们觉得严重的社会问题
We feel that most young people in the world, but particularly in Asia,
我们感觉世界上的大部分年轻人 尤其是在亚洲的年轻人
are not used to expressing their views or thinking critically for themselves.
不习惯于表达他们的观点或者自主地批判性思考
Our schools and society in general doesn’t encourage us to ask
我们的学校和社会基本上不会鼓励我们去提问
WHY things are the way they are.
为什么事情会这样发生
As a result, we are losing our most basic ability to be just curious
因此 我们正一点点地失去
about anything that’s beyond our immediate surroundings.
对我们周边之外的事物保持好奇的基本能力
So whenever we see something that’s different from us,
所以每当看到不同于我们的事物
we become suspicious.
我们都变得多疑
Rather than asking questions and learning from other people’s different perspectives,
我们宁愿墨守成规 也不愿提问
we rely on stereotypes.
并向他人不同的观点中学习
Diversity of thinking or differences of opinion become something to be attacked
思想多样化或者不同的观点已经变成被攻击
rather than something to be debated, respected and celebrated.
而不是被争论 尊重和赞美的对象
That’s why we started doing all these interviews as part of Asian Boss.
这就是为什么我们开始做这些采访 来作为亚洲老板的一部分
Because we believe it is necessary to encourage young people
因为我们相信鼓励不同国家的年轻人
from various cultures to share their unique perspective
来分享他们独特的看法是必要的
and tell the world WHY they think what they think.
然后让他们告诉这个世界为什么他们会这样思考
At first, the videos we make could seem random because
一开始 我们的视频可能是随机的
one minute, we’re asking Korean people about the Korean education system
一分钟里 我们问韩国人关于韩国教育体系
and next you know, people are sharing their impressions of India.
接下来你会发现 人们在分享他们对印度的印象
But every video we make is part of our vision to connect
但我们做的每一个视频都是希望
and learn from real people’s different opinions and perspectives
将人们不同的观点和看法联系和学习的一部分
This vision is what drives me,
驱使我前行的正是这些念头
not the number of YouTube subscribers
而不是YouTube的订阅人数
or how much money I can make out of this.
或者我能通过这个赚多少钱
But in this process, I often get reminded that following one’s dreams is not easy.
但在这个过程中 我经常会想到追梦没有那么简单
I understand. I actually appreciate…
我理解 事实上我明白
why people give up on their dreams.
为什么人们会放弃他们的梦想
Because it’s really hard.
因为这实在是太难了
The reality is we have to struggle and
我们要在现实中奋斗
face all the doubt and scepticism thrown at us.
面对朝我们袭来的怀疑
At times, it’s so tempting to just quit
有时候 放弃实在是太诱人了
because we know that things are only gonna get tougher.
因为我们知道事情只会变得更艰难
But you know what…
但你知道吗?
that is just part of creating your own path because…
这才仅仅是创造你自己道路的一部分
no one said it was gonna be easy.
因为没有人说过这会很容易
Look, we still film with the same video camera we bought 2 years ago
看看 我们还在用我们两年前买的那个摄影机拍电影
and we still work out of coffee shops
我们也会在咖啡店工作
because we don’t have an office space to work in.
因为我们没有办公室可以工作
We struggle to pay our bills.
我们付不起账
But what really keeps us going is our belief that
但真正让我们坚持下来的是我们相信
what we are doing is important
我们所做的是重要的
as well as all the messages of support from people from all around the world
还有来自世界各地的人们的支持信
just wanting to help us out for free
仅仅是希望志愿帮助我们渡过难关
because they believe in what we believe.
因为他们信仰我们所相信的
That’s what keeps us going and we are never gonna quit.
这就是让我们坚持下来的动力 我们将永不言弃
On that note, we are looking for volunteers from the following countries
说到这 我们正在寻找来自以下国家的志愿者
to help us expand our operation
来帮助我们扩展我们的实验
so we can create more diverse interview content.
这样我们就能创造更多样化的采访内容
So if you are from China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, India or Vietnam,
所以如果你来着中国 日本 韩国 印度尼西亚 印度 或者越南
and you have filming or presenting experience,
而且有拍电影或陈述经验
get in touch with us via our email or
你可以通过我们的邮箱
send us a private message on our Faceook page.
或者在我们脸书上给我们私信和我们取得联系
If you happen to be an investor and
如果你是个投资商
you are looking to invest in a media startup
而且想投资一个
that will be generating original content from all over Asia,
关于整个亚洲的原创内容的媒体公司
we invite you to get in touch with us as well.
我们也同样邀请你和我们联系
It is this vision that drove me to walk away
正是这个想法让我三年前
from my corporate lawyer job 3 years ago.
从公司律师的职位离开
It’s this vision that still gives me the reason to wake up every morning
正是这个想法给我每天早晨醒过来的理由
because I know there is still so much more work to be done.
因为我知道还有很多的工作要做
But I can’t do this alone.
但我不能孤军奋战
Together, let’s create something special
团结起来 让我们创造
that will transform not only the Asian youth, but the entire world.
能够不仅仅转变亚洲年轻人 更是整个世界的年轻人的特殊力量吧

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你在追梦的路上吗?想放弃吗?再坚持一下吧,前面有更好的等着你呢……

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Daisy

审核员

霜霜

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrkNRbrZBTg

相关推荐