ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

同时杂耍15颗球有可能吗? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

同时杂耍15颗球有可能吗?

Why It's Almost Impossible to Juggle 15 Balls | WIRED

杂耍真的很难
So juggling is pretty hard.
至少对我来说是这样
At least, for me it is.
所以一旦我们能耍3个球时 自然而然会产生疑问
So once we get to three balls there’s just a natural question, right?
能耍4个或5个吗?
It’s like to be four, to be five.
那极限又是多少呢?
What’s the limit?
这个人一定知道答案
This guy definitely knows.
嗨! 我是亚历克斯·巴伦
Hi! I’m Alex Barron and I hold the world record
我拥有最多的杂耍球记录
for most balls juggle.
是11个球
That’s 11.
我也是所谓快速杂耍的世界纪录保持者
And I also hold the world record for something called most balls flashed.
是14个
And that’s 14.
是的 亚历克斯能快速杂耍14个球
That’s right. Alex has flashed 14 balls.
快速杂耍就是将一定数量的球扔到空中
Flash just means throwing a certain number of balls in the air
然后一次性有序地接住所有的球
and catching that many balls in sequence one time.
这是他在快速杂耍13个球
Here he is flashing 13 balls.
但14个球是极限吗?
But is 14 balls the limit?
今天我们来看看为什么同时杂耍15个球几乎是不可能的
Today we’re gonna look at why juggling 15 balls might be almost impossible.
为了解其原理 我去请教了巴伦
To learn what it takes, I got a lesson from Barren.
很接近了
It’s close.
我不仅和一个杂耍大师探讨过
Talk with a juggling pro about the patterns and science
同时杂耍这么多球的模式与科学
that make it possible to keep so many balls up in the air,
还和某个不用看球就能杂耍的人谈论过这些
and with someone who doesn’t even have to see the balls to juggle.
人们早在几千余年前就开始杂耍了
People have been juggling for millennia.
这幅埃及女人杂耍图差不多已有四千年的历史了
This Egyptian painting of women juggling is nearly 4,000 years old.
但是杂耍通常看起来像一个魔术
And it’s always seemed like a bit of magic,
只是三球杂耍就已经使人眼花缭乱了
even three ball juggling is mesmerizing to watch.
但表演者们还是会不断地把杂耍球的极限数目提到更高
But performers have always been pushing the limit for higher numbers.
早在20世纪20年代 据说著名杂耍演员恩里科·拉斯泰利能杂耍10个球
Back in the 1920s, famed juggler Enrico Rastelli was said to have juggled ten balls.
此后一段时间 这似乎成了连续杂耍的极限
And for a while, that seemed like the upper limit for continuous juggling.
有人可以比肩 但没人能超过这个极限
People could match it but nobody can really exceed it.
直到2012年 巴伦完成了这项惊人的壮举
That was until 2012 when Barron managed this astounding feat.
他将11个球接了23次
11 balls for 23 catches.
我做到了
I bloody did it.
我认为录到了23次接球
23 on camera, I think.
我感觉很棒 是的 拿到世界纪录的时候很开心
It feels, it feels good, yeah, like I was very happy when I got the world records.
我是说如果我不重视它的话 就不会花那么多时间去练习
I mean I wouldn’t have spent so many hours doing it, if I didn’t care about it.
巴伦从小开始学习杂耍
Barron started juggling as a kid.
立志成为能耍11个球的最年轻的人之一
You know, determined to be like one of the youngest people to do 11
快如闪电 你懂的
like for a flash you know,
开始你会说 “噢” “对” “我会耍5个球了”
first you’re like “Oh”, like “yeah”, like “I’ve learned five”
就像你看到人们在网上聊
and like you can hear people talking on the internet about how…
耍5个球有多难 “啊 我 我就要做到了”
how hard five is, you know, like “Ah, I’m gonna like, I’m gonna be able to do five.”
然后继续朝更高的目标前进
And then it just kind of keeps going from there.
我觉得自己不会有那个时间
So I don’t think I’ll ever have the time
或者其实是没有那个耐心
or maybe more likely the patience
被练成一个合格的杂技表演者
to ever become a serious numbers juggler.
但是我已经能耍3个球了
But I can already do three.
巴伦要教我如何能耍5个球
So Barron gave me some lessons on how I could do five.
所以如果我想要从耍3个球到耍5个球
So if I want to graduate from three balls to five balls,
你会说我要做的是加快我的手速吧
you’re talking about some of the things I need to work on are my actual hand speed.
-是的-还有我应该把球扔多高
-Yep.-And how high I’m throwing the balls,
因为每扔一次都有时间间隔 对吗?
because it’s the time in between the throws, right?
是的 你要扔得又高又快
Exactly, yeah, you’ll have to go higher and faster.
好的 那么给我示范一下
Okay, so show me how that work.
好的 示范一下
Yeah, yeah, how that work.
如果耍5个球的话 我将不再把它们扔到
Yeah, so if five, I’m gonna end up throwing them
眼睛的高度或者更高一点 它应该比三球的高度略低
about eye level or a little bit higher as it supposed to lower with three.
但是除此之外都是一样的
But otherwise it’s the same,
真的 动作是非常相似的
really, the motion is very similar.
只要动作再连贯一点
You just have to be a little bit more fluid.
手动得再快一些
And yeah, move your hands a bit faster.
最难的是一开始 因为所有球的重量都在你手上
The hardest bit is to start, because that’s when you go all the weight in your hands.
-对-那么开始吧 我试一下
-Right.-So to begin with, yeah, I just try.
甚至不用担心抓不住它们 12345抛起来
Don’t even worry about catching them, just go one, two, three, four, five.
然后就像这样……
And then just like…
开始吧 我要一个一个抛球了
Here we go. I’m just gonna do one two three four five,
看看我能否把所有的球都抛在空中
see if I can just get them all up in the air.
或者我能否在第一个球落下之前
Or if I can throw the last ball before
抛出最后一个球 是吧?
the first one comes down, right?
-对的 完全正确-好的
-That’s right. Yeah. Exactly.-Yeah.
开始 12345
Go! One two three four five.
-再快点会更好一些-这很好了
-Even faster would be better.-That’s pretty good, yeah.
如果做得好的话 你可以看到每只手上是一条线
If it goes really well what you want to see is two little piles, one for each hand.
-这些球会掉-噢 好的
-I mean you can fall.-Oh man! Alright.
但你可以试着抓球 只是为了体验那个速度
But you can try and catch them, that’s just to get the speed.
我想再试一遍 12345
I want to see that in speed again, so we got one two three four five.
是的 非常不错 现在试着抓住它们
Yeah, it’s pretty good. And now trying to catch them.
-我有5条线-是的 哈哈
-And I’ve got five piles.-Yeah. Hahaha.
当录像机关着的时候 我侥幸成功了一次
I managed to pull off a lucky flash when the cameras weren’t rolling.
我还在不断地重复尝试
And I’m still working on doing it continuously.
是真的很努力在试
Like really working on it.
-太好了 噢-啊
-Yes! Oh…-Hu…
很接近了
It’s close.
现在耍5个球对巴伦来说只是热身
These days five is just a warm-up for Baron.
他能很轻松地做到杂耍5个球
He can do seven without much trouble
并且看起来毫不费力
and makes it look effortless.
但当他开始耍更多的球时
But when he starts going for big numbers
比如9个 10个 11个 直到14个
like nine, ten, eleven, all the way up to fourteen.
他通常会去室内的壁球场
He usually heads indoors to a squash court.
-我们现在在室外-是的
-We’re outside right now. -Yes.
现在有点风 你去壁球场练习 也是因为风吧?
It’s a little windy. That has something to do with why you practice in squash courts.
是的 显然风会影响你的模式
Yes, well, wind obviously is gonna mess up your pattern of a little bit.
你每次尝试时都希望球有一个非常一致的轨迹
You want the balls to have a very consistent trajectory every single time you try.
壁球场也有很好的对比度
And the squash courts have really good contrast too,
因为它基本上是白色的背景 所以更容易看到轨迹
because it’s basically a white background so typically it’s much easier to see.
即使你没有特别盯着一个球
And even though you’re not looking at one ball in particular,
但你的潜意识仍然可以判断
your subconscious is still taking in
它们在空中的轨迹和落点 所以…
where they all are in the sky and where they’re coming down, so…
注意轨迹线顶端的球
Keeping an eye on the balls at the top of their arc
是巴伦挑战多球杂耍能否成功的关键
or apex is critical for Barron’s big numbers.
你大致看一下轨迹的最高点
You look vaguely at the apex of the pattern,
然后你能感觉到
and then from that you have some sense of
球的轨迹是怎样的 它是否是倾斜的 不够笔直的
what the pattern looks like, whether it’s slanted, off-kilter.
我不会去记录每一次投掷是好还是坏
There’s not like me, registering each throw and going on that was a good one that was a bad one.
我确实认为我扔得不好
I guess I do think that was a bad one.
如果我某个球扔得不好 我会尤其注意那个球
If I do a bad throw I typically notice that ball in particular.
但这不是杂耍球唯一的方法
But that’s not the only way to juggle a lot of balls.
我是扎克·麦卡利斯特
My name is Zach McAllister.
我有3个不同的记录
I hold three different records for BBB,
是关于背后盲眼杂耍的
which stands for blind behind the back juggling.
我有背后杂耍5个 6个 7个球的记录
I hold the record for doing it five six and seven.
麦卡利斯特甚至不用看球
McCallister doesn’t have to look at the balls at all.
他感受它们的最高点
He feels for their apex.
我要开始背后耍球了 我要开始扔第一个球了
I’ll start with them behind the back and I’ll make my first throw.
一旦抛起一个球 我就等着感受它击打我的手肘
And once the throw is made, then I wait to feel it hit my elbow.
一旦我感觉到了 我就知道要准备接下一个球了
And once I feel that then I know it’s ready for the next ball,
我的头脑中通常会想
usually in my head, I will feel out to be like,
“好的 如果我感觉到这个球落在这个点上
“Okay, at this point, when I feel this,
那么我会在这里接下一个球”
I need to make this next throw.”
一旦我感觉到球要落在我的手腕上
Once I feel it coming down to my wrists,
我就会张开手准备接它
then I know that I need to open up my hand and have it ready.
这样我就能抓到球了
So that way it can make the catch.
这真的非常令人钦佩
It is crazy impressive,
但是麦卡利斯特认为他背后杂耍球的数目达到了极限
but McAllister thinks he’s at the numbers limit for blind behind the back.
每增加一个球 你就会意识到你背后没有多少空间了
As you increase each ball, you start to realize I’m running out of space on my back.
4个球还可以
And four balls isn’t too bad,
但一旦加到5个球 你就会开始意识到
but once you hit five balls, then you’re starting to realize like,
我开始抛的球需要比我的手肘高一点
I need to either like start making my throws a little higher than my elbow,
这并不合理 因为这样我就更感觉不到了
which is not ideal because then it’s even more blind,
当耍7个球时
and I have to think about it even more
我要考虑得更多 只能祈祷一切顺利
which takes up to like seven so you just have to hope that they all work out.
传统数目的杂耍球就没有这样的限制
Traditional numbers jugglers don’t have that kind of limit.
实际上天空就是它们的极限
In fact the sky is literally their limit,
但似乎有物理障碍让更多的球停在了空中
but it seems like there are physical barriers to getting more balls in the air.
让我们来讨论一下为什么15个球会是极限
Let’s talk about 15 for a second for example just for that.
对于速度 我确实认为有生理上的阻碍
For the flash, I do think there’s a physiological barrier there
杂耍演员必须有专门针对的训练来提高速度
where someone will have to train very very specifically for flashing that number.
耍15个球需要一定水平的力量
Doing 15 is gonna require a level of strength,
而这远远超过了我现在的力量水平
which is considerably beyond what I have in the moment.
为了了解更多内容 我咨询了杰克·卡尔文
To learn more I talked with Jack Calvin.
他以前是个工程师 现在是个专业的杂耍演员
He’s a professional juggler and former engineer.
他写了一本关于杂耍表演的书
And he’s writing a book on human performance and juggling.
卡尔文用智能手机上的一个加速计
Calvin has been measuring juggling hand speed
测量了杂耍时的手速
with an accelerometer in a smartphone app,
我们自然而然邀请了亚历克斯·巴伦来测试
So naturally we asked Alex Barron to try it out,
三球杂耍的速度是舒服的 这就是凯特模式
Juggle three balls and it’s comfortable. That’s kate pattern.
一开始卡尔文让他逐渐增加球的数目
First Calvin had him juggle progressively higher numbers of balls.
你想尝试扔9个球吗?
So you want to try it a run of nine?
然后他尝试了很荒谬的起点
And then he had him try an absurdly fast origo.
也许并不意外
Perhaps not surprisingly,
巴伦的速度超过了卡尔文的图表记录
Barron topped Calvin’s charts.
根据他挥动双手的最快速度来看
…balls, according to his maximum hand speed when he shook his hand as fast as he could.
这个速度可以杂耍
It was equivalent to juggling
23到25个球
23 to 25 balls.
所以根据他的手速来看 他目前杂耍球的数目远不及他的极限
So he’s actually nowhere near his limit according to his hand speed.
这真的很疯狂
That’s crazy.
但是据卡尔文所说 速度并不是数字杂耍的唯一限制
But according to Calvin speed is not the only limit when it comes to numbers juggling.
他发现手速基本上不是杂耍的主要限制因素
Basically what it found is that hand speed is not the main limiting factor of of juggling.
实际上主要因素是准确度
it’s actually the accuracy.
不同方面的准确度
There’s a few different degrees of accuracy,
首先要确保你扔起来的球能被抓到
but the first degree would be able to throw something up so that it lands within reach.
另一个是…嗯…
The other is… uh… is
把握球在空中的运动空间 避免球与球之间的碰撞
the space that you have in the air and having to avoid collisions between objects.
当然 我想找出我能扔多少个球
Of course I wanted to find out how I stack up,
所以我带上了速度测试计
so I strapped on the accelerometer.
就是这样
There you go.
现在你有3个球的数据
You have three ball data here.
-好 那么我要一只手扔两个球吗?-是的
-Okay, I’ll do two in one hand?-Yeah.
所以还有一枚硬币 当然你可以作弊
-So, there is a coins it is. Alright you can do the cons.
-是的-这样对吗?
-Yeah.-Is that right?
-对 对 很好
-Yeah, yeah. it’s ok.
把球放下 然后用你最快的速度摇动你的手
Put the balls down and shake your hand as fast as you can.
快一点 加油 再快一点 你还可以更快
Faster! Come on! Faster! You can go faster than that.
-你就这么快吗? 加油-这是我能做到的最快的了
-Is that how you got? Come on!-That’s all I got.
好吧 就这样
Ok, that’s it.
然后根据卡尔文的计算
And according to Calvin’s calculations,
你杂耍的最大极限总计是14.1个球
your maximum amount was 14.1 balls.
酷毙了 所以…所以如果我勤奋练习
Sweet! So… so if I practice really diligently
也许可以扔14个球
I could maybe flash the 14 then.
你可以 你的手速和亚历克斯一样可以扔14个球
You could. You have the hand speed to flash 14 balls just like Alex.
好 哈哈哈
Ok. Hahaha.
-但是 额…也许你的准确度不够-非常高的准确度
-But er… you probably don’t have the accuracy.-Incredible incredible accuracy.
虽然我现在仍然只能扔5个球
So I’m still working on five.
但知道如果继续练习 以我的手速 就能扔更多了 太好了
But it’s nice to know that I have the hand speed to do more than that if I keep practicing.
实际上 根据杰克的研究数据
In fact, according to Jack’s research,
大多数人也许和我的手速一样
most people probably have the hand speed to do as many as mine.
事实上 我很专业
I am actually a professional.

No.
所以手速绝对是多球杂耍必须考虑的因素
So hand speed is definitely a factor to consider here,
但是还有另一个更大的影响因素
but here’s another big one:
你怎么拿住这么多球?
how do you even hold this many balls?
杂耍演员称这个手法为紧握
Jugglers call it the grip.
所以是的 就握法来说 我们开始时很简单 每只手握一个球
So yeah, in terms of the grip, we start off just a very simple one in each hand.
加到2个球 你会得到一条线
We move to two, you end up with a little line,
这一端先扔出去
this one further out goes first.
3个球握成一个三角形 我喜欢先扔这个球
Three is a little triangle, I like to release this one first.
至于第4个球 一些人会把它堆在3个球上
Four, so some people stack it on top which maybe
这么做也许是扔的球不多 但我们的目标是扔更多的球
which maybe you do for lower numbers but we’re gonna go high,
所以我们不能这么握
so we can’t do that quite yet.
你应该握成这样的小菱形
You’re end up this little diamond.
5个球的时候 我喜欢握成像梯形的形状
Five, I like this kind of trapezium shape.
一只手握6个球时 手上就是两边各3个球 很丑
Six in one hand, suddenly you get this pretty ugly two lines of three deal.
这个球 你可以看到 被压得相当扁了
This one, as you can see, is pretty compressed.
它可能是最难扔的一个了
This is probably the worst one to release.
如果你加到14个
If you get up to 14,
你就可以将最后两个放在最上面
then you just shove the last two on top.
任何时候你都可以扔最上面的两个球
Really anytime you can shove the last two on top,
但扔14个的时候 我们不得不这样练习
but with 14 we’re forced to go like this.
轻轻地抛起来 尝试让它们落在合适的位置
I do these little setup throws to try and get them in the right position.
巴伦个子很高 超过6英尺 手掌很大
Baron is a pretty tall guy. He’s over six feet tall and he’s got big hands.
但我们这些人怎么办呢? [音乐]
But what about the rest of us? [Music]
我漏了一个球
I’m missing a ball.
感觉不适合我 我的手都不够用了
Don’t feel it fits me. Hands aren’t available for this.
好吧 并不是我们所有人都适合多球杂耍
Okay so not all of us are up for massive numbers juggling.
14个球
Fourteen.
当然 还有其它方法来增加我们杂耍球的数目
But there are other ways to impress mathematically, of course.
这就是所谓类推法的美妙之处
There’s the beauty of something called sideswap.
类推法是一种改变杂耍模式的方法
So sideswap is a way of notating juggling patterns.
在杂耍时 你可以把球扔到不同的高度
So you can throw balls at different heights when you juggle.
而杂耍人通常认为杂耍的高度
And the way jugglers typically denote those different heights,
取决于你要扔的球的确切数目
is they do it based on how high you’d have to throw, to juggle a certain number of balls.
所以对于3个球我可以扔这么低 像这样
So for three balls I can do it like really low, like this, right?
如果我要扔5个球
If I pick up five balls,
仅仅因为多了几个
just cause there’re more balls,
我就要扔得更高一点
I’ve got to throw it higher to do the same thing.
所以类推法就是让你结合不同数目的球的扔法
So what sideswaps lets you do is combine throws from different numbers of balls.
你只需把它称为扔球数
And you just call those throws the number of balls.
用4个球举个简单的例子
So, a simple one for example, with four balls,
可以称其为534
would be something called five three four.
如果我只扔4个球 对吗?
And so if I was just doing four, right?
这4个球都能达到相同的高度
They all go the same height.
所以这4个球只是一次又一次地循环了很多遍
So this is lots of fours over and over again.
扔5个球时 我可以把球扔得高一点
What I can do is I can throw one ball higher,
而扔3个球时 可以扔得低一点
to be a five and then one below to be a three and then go back to four.
就像534
so that’s like five three four.
你可以看到五球杂耍 三球杂耍
You can see there’s a five ball throw, a three ball throw.
然后你可以连续练习3个球和5个球
And then you can either do five three continuously,
或者你可以交叉练习
or you can mix it up.
很有意思 如果你想告诉你的朋友
And yeah what’s fun about that is now
可以说 “嘿 我发现了一个杂耍的新模式”
if you want to tell your friend, “Hey, I found this great new juggling pattern.”
给他们一串数字就行了
you just give them a list of numbers.
他们就可以杂耍相应数目的球 至少会去尝试和学习
And then they can do it, well, they can try and learn it at least.
根据卡尔文的研究 类推法可以是一种练习多球杂耍的方法
Sideswap can even be a way to practice juggling greater numbers, according to Kelvin.
类推法是一个
Sideswap is a way that you can that some people
用少的球来练习扔多的球的方法
practice higher numbers using a lower number of balls.
根据这个模式 实际上你可以这么扔…一只手扔5个球的强度
In this pattern, you’re actually throw… one hand is doing the work of five balls,
另一只手…
one hand is… is… is doing exactly
扔5个球的一半强度
is doing half of a five ball pattern,
另外你也可以只扔1个球
and the other hand is doing a one ball pattern.
就像…这样
which is… which is that.
这个方法很有用 因为练习多球杂耍很累 也很锻炼人
That’s useful, because practicing big numbers can be a serious work out.
杂耍球最基本的要求是速度
The raw physical act of it like the speed
你必须根据
at which you have to move your hands
一开始放在手上的不同的重量
the amount of weight that you have in your hands at the beginning
来挥动双手
is on a different level.
大家更倾向于认为 从偶数球到奇数球的杂耍
People tend to see in the juggling world going from an even number to an odd number
比从奇数球到偶数球的杂耍更难
as being substantially harder than going from an odd number to an even number.
扔偶数球 你可以成对地扔起来
With even numbers you can throw them in pairs,
意味着你可以让全身都参与进来
which means you can get your whole body involved.
但扔15个球的话 你的左右手就无法同步了
But with fifteen you’d have to do it asynchronously.
我认为最大的问题也许是
The biggest question mark for me is probably
你的身体能力能否达到
whether someone has the physical ability
15个球所需的能力
to practice 15 enough to be be able to do it,
或者你能否足够幸运有一双大手可以抓住15个球
or have enough attempts to be lucky enough to catch 15 balls
因为这确实需要一些运气的成分
because of course there’s like luck involved.
通过完美技术的实践
Between the practice needed to perfect technique,
且拥有把球扔到空中的力量和速度
and the strength and speed required to keep the balls in the air,
巴伦认为他可以维持他的记录
Barron thinks his record will stand.
但是他渴望有人来挑战他的记录
But he’s eager to see it challenged.
是的 就像我认为有人能耍15个球吗?
Yeah, like do I think someone will ever do 15 for a flash?
是的 我认为会有人可以做到
I like to think someone will do a 15.
我的意思是…你知道 将杂耍与100米短跑对比
I mean I… you know, you compare this to like 100-meter sprint
与马拉松或者与其它
or marathon or something where countless people have
无数人努力强化的运动项目对比
optimized themselves as hard as they can and trained for it.
我认为… 杂耍的确还有很大的进步空间
I think there’s… there’s more to go in juggling for sure.
我不知道… 这是否是我的极限
I don’t know what… if that’s within my personal limit
但是我将在未来十年左右找到答案
but I’ll attempt to find out over the next ten years or so.
除此之外 我觉得 是的 我认为在一些方面确实有身体上的局限
Beyond that, I mean, yes, I think there is a physical limit at some point, right?
至于我 我很难想象自己能耍16或17个球 或者快速杂耍16或者17个球
And for me it’s hard to conceive of juggling 16 or 17 or flashing 16 or 17 balls.
也许我应该说15个球就是不可能的了
Maybe I should say that 15 is impossible,
然后就会有一些伙计或者女士站出来反驳我
and then some guy will come up and will be like, or some girl will be like,
说“才不是” “去你的吧” “我会做到的”
“No”, like “Screw you.” like “I’m gonna do it.”
所以我还是每天练习几分钟
So I’ve been practicing a few minutes every day
每一次我都能得到一点运气得以抛掷5个球
and every once in a while I will get lucky and flash five.
最后我打算在录像前做一次
And I finally managed to do it on camera.
去你的 耶!
F*ck yeah!
当然还是有希望的
Oh sure there’s hope!
但这并不表示我想挑战一些像巴伦这样的人
But it’s not like I’m ever gonna challenge somebody like Barron,
这就够了 因为他所做的事已经是不可能的了
And that’s totally fine, because what he’s doing is already almost impossible.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

杂耍球的极限数目是多少个?多球杂耍的条件是什么?这里将给你一些答案。

听录译者

One静茹

翻译译者

Amy

审核员

审核员_JO

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RDfNn7crqE

相关推荐