ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

单身未必有那么好 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

单身未必有那么好

Why it Probably Wasn’t Better Being Single

当我们处在一段感情当中
When we’re in a relationship,
一些萦绕在心头的想法会让我们忽喜忽悲
one of the haunting thoughts that can make us especially snappy and bitter
有时候会想如果自己单身 那应该会快乐许多
is the idea that if only we were single, we would be a lot happier.
我们能很清楚的意识到自己现在生活中的困难
We can be so conscious of the troubles of our current lives,
我们自然地回想起一个人时的好处
we are naturally drawn to look back and remember the nicer aspects of solitude.
那时我们想什么时候起床就什么时候起
We remember being able to get up whenever we wanted;
我们能轻松的回想自己把东西丢在哪
we recall not having to fret about where we threw things.
我们觉得自己的坏习惯无伤大雅
We remember how inoffensive our own bad habits were,
因为只有我们自己所知道
when we were the only ones to witness them.
我们才不管自己的饮食习惯有多么古怪
We recall not having to justify our meal choices, however eccentric;
我们可以随时一走了之 不告诉任何人
we could go out somewhere and never tell anyone;
我们可以(只要我们喜欢)
we could (when we felt like it)
工作到凌晨两点 不会被别人说冷淡 说有强迫症
work through till 2 a.m. without being accused of being obsessive or cold.
尽管有时我们会悲伤 但我们依然对未来充满希望
Though we were sometimes sad, we could always hope for a better future.
与目前的生活状况相比 单身的生活也很充实
It was also fulfilling, in comparison with the life we lead now.
但记忆有时不太靠得住 所以 这个不靠谱的工具
But memory is a hugely unreliable and therefore, reckless instrument,
可不是个小问题
which isn’t a small point,
我们的记忆对我们如何评价现在的生活有很大的影响
for our power of record has a huge impact on how we assess our lives in the present.
我们是天才的编辑员
We are editors of genius,
我们知道如何适当的在孤单的日子里增添浪漫
who know just enough about how to romanticise our single days
以便刺激我们的另一半
in order to poison our conjugal ones.
我们的一些激情可能是被消磨光了
Some of our ingratitude might be eroded.
如果在我们遇见某人之前
If long before we met anyone,
一个有才的电影制作人被雇佣 拍摄一部近距离观察单身人士的生活
a talented film-maker were charged with making a close observational documentary
的纪录片
about our lives as single people.
他们在一个冬日的周日下午五点半定格我们的面庞
They’d capture our face at 5.30pm on a winter Sunday afternoon,
在太阳即将下山之时
as the sun is setting
并且我们知道在周一上班之前我们还是孤单的
and we know we’ll be alone till we reach the office on Monday morning.
他们会发现我们在聚会时一直在看某个人
They’d observe us looking across the room at someone at a party
期待他们友善的笑脸
longing for their kindly face
却没有勇气走过去跟他们说话
but lacking any courage to go up and address them.
他们拍到了我们在父母的家里待的很久
They’d capture us spending a lot of time at our parents’ house,
并在他们的陪伴下变得越来越易怒
and growing increasingly tetchy in their company.
他们拍到了我们在冰箱坏了时
They’d show us struggling to know what to do when the fridge stopped working
或者半夜急病时的手足无措
or we felt a terrible pain in the middle of the night.
我们最好被要求每隔一段时间就看看这部纪录片
We will ideally be required to view this documentary at regular intervals,
尤其是和我们的伴侣激烈争吵之后
especially after a bruising fight with our partner.
它会告诉我们残酷的证据
It would provide crucial evidence,
证明我们的记忆太擅长因为战略性地忽略了
which our own memories are so good at strategically omitting
单身状态是多么不理想
of how less than ideal the single state can be
我们应该知道尽管现在我们很难过
We would realise that though we are sad now,
我们单身时也同样会很难过
we were also very sad then.
我们应该带着优雅和一点黑色幽默的接受:
We would accept, with good grace and touch of dark humour,
生活真的很少给我们机会去感到满足
that life simply gives us few opportunities to be content.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

对于单身的美好回忆是因为大脑选择性的忽略了那些不好的记忆

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

审核员

萨默之光

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oltjYiXvMnY

相关推荐