ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为何努力工作是值得的 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为何努力工作是值得的

Why it pays to work hard - Richard St. John

(音乐)
(Music)
成功人士的八个共同点
Eight to be great: The eight traits successful people have in common.
第二点:努力工作
Number two: work.
当我去采访这些成功人士的时候
When I was interviewing all these successful people,
他们总是在告诉我他们是如何努力工作
they kept telling me how hard they worked.
我记得我站在那想,‘呀,关于工作的不同的意见呢?
And I remember standing there thinking, ‘Ah, jeez, another comment about work?
为什么他们不告诉我他们成功的真正秘诀呢?
Why don’t they tell me the real secret to their success?’
后来,我意识到他们成功的秘诀就是努力工作
Then finally I realized, hard work is a real secret to their success.
所有的成功人士工作很努力
All successful people work very hard.
玛莎.斯图尔特对我说 我是个真正的努力工作的人
Martha Stewart said to me, ‘I’m a real hard worker.
我一直不断地工作
I work and work and work all the time.’
传媒大亨鲁伯特•默多克曾说:‘一切都很难’
Media tycoon Rupert Murdoch said, ‘It’s all hard work.
任何东西都是来之不易的,但是在这过程中又很多乐趣
Nothing comes easily. But I have a lot of fun.’
他也认为这是有趣的事情吗?是的,成功源自于有趣的工作
Did he say fun? Yes. Successful people have fun working.
这就是我为什么说他们不是真正的工作狂的原因
That’s why I say they’re not really workaholics.
他们是工作狂
They’re workafrolics.
吉姆•帕蒂森团体的主席帕蒂森是一个工作狂
Jim Pattison, chairman of the Jim Pattison Group, is a workafrolic.
他说 生意是我的娱乐活动
He says, ‘Business is my recreation.
我宁愿去我们的工厂和我的员工见面
I’d rather go to our factories and meet with our people
而不是去海滩,我所能告诉你的
than go to the beach, I can tell you that.’
美国国家宇宙和航行局奇才戴夫莱弗利创造了一些去火星的机器人
Dave Lavery, the NASA whiz who builds those robots for Mars,
他对我说 我们靠自己的双手努力工作
said to me, ‘We work our fingers to the bone.
但这看起来不像工作 这很有趣
But it doesn’t seem like work. It’s fun.
这就是我们所想要的 我们不想放弃然后回家
It’s what we want to do. We don’t want to put things down and go home.’
比尔盖茨是一个醉心于工作的人,尽管后来他成为了亿万富翁
Bill Gates is a workafrolic. Even after he was a multimillionaire,
他几乎每个晚上都工作到十点 只有两周的假期
he worked most nights until 10 p.m., and only took two weeks off
在七年内 他可能把几乎所有的时间都花在计算机上了
in seven years. And he probably spent them on his computer.
奥普拉是一个醉心于工作的人
Oprah is a workafrolic.
她说 我从未看过日光,我每天早上五点半就开始工作了
She says, ‘I never see daylight. I’d come into work at 5:30 in the morning
当晚上来了,然后我七或八点离开 当那时候都已经天黑了
when it was dark, and leave at 7 or 8 when it was dark.’
我是个工作狂
I’m a workafrolic.
并且这些年来,我已经很多日子甚至礼拜都没有睡过觉
And over the years, I’ve gone through many days and even weeks without much sleep,
只因为我很享受我的工作
just because I was having so much fun.
然后我也承认,这时间你会问你自己
And I gotta admit, at times like that you say to yourself,
是不是就我唯一一个这么努力工作的人?
‘Am I the only one working this hard?’
因为对一些人来说这是个神话更容易接受
Because there’s a myth it comes easy to some people.
你打开电视看看,没人工作的那么努力
You turn on the TV, nobody’s working that hard.
像Chirs Rock (喜剧演员)站在台上
A guy like Chris Rock stands up on stage,
讲几个笑话,有什么难的?
tells a few jokes. What’s hard about that?
但就连Chris也说,在成长的过程中我不是最有趣的那个人
But even Chris says, ‘I wasn’t the funniest guy growing up,
但我是最努力的那个人,去搞笑,去变得有趣
but I was the guy who worked on being funny the hardest.’
相信我.我访问超过500位成功人士
Trust me. I’ve interviewed over 500 successful people,
没有一位说 他们的成功来的很轻松容易
not one of them said it came easy,
就算他们从事着他们热爱的行业
even though they were doing what they loved.
我们往往低估工作和高估自己的能力
We tend to underestimate work and overestimate talent.
但最后都是,工作大过才华
But in the end, work tops talent.
安妥 本杰明,美国最棒的数学奇才
Arthur Benjamin, America’s best math whiz,
告诉我,我觉得数字和我经常都是和睦相处
said to me, ‘I think numbers and I have always gotten along.
但我确定我的天分,只是由于我把时间都放在努力工作上
But I’m sure my ‘talent’ is just due to the time and hours and work
那些我所付出的
that I’ve put into it.’
许多有天分的人不会实现他们成就所有的
Many talented people don’t achieve as much success as they could,
不幸的是,因为他们不采取行动在他们所拥有的天分上
unfortunately, because they sit back on their talent
并永远不懂努力工作
and never learn to work hard.
这就是为什么当michael jordan刚开始打篮球
That’s what happened to Michael Jordan when he first started playing basketball.
他有天分,但他没有放到工作里面
He had the talent, but he wasn’t putting in the work,
让教练都把他从高中篮球队里踢出来
and the coach actually cut him from the high school basketball team.
孩子,这是早兆.他说,”他那时非常的失望”
Boy, that was a wake-up call. He says, ‘I was very disappointed.
我开始很努力打篮球自从我被踢出来
I started working on my game the day after I was cut.’
很快他变成队里面最认真努力的球员
And he soon became the hardest working player in basketball,
并取笑那些不努力不认真的队员
who made fun of the other players who weren’t working hard.
就是这份努力,让他成为最棒的球员至今
And that hard work is what made him the greatest basketball player of all time.
所以我会说真正礼物不是你的天分,才华
So I’d say the real gift isn’t talent,
而是努力认真工作的能力
it’s the ability to work hard.
然后我们往往会低估工作和高估聪明
And we tend to underestimate work and overestimate smarts.
但最后,工作赢过聪明
But in the end, work wins over smarts.
事实上,许多成功人士不是因为他们最聪明而是因为他们最努力
In fact, many successful people aren’t the smartest, they just work the hardest.
Francois Parenteau,华尔街最高独立分析师,
Francois Parenteau, who Business Week called the top independent analyst on Wall Street,
告诉我,我当然不是最聪明的。
said to me, ‘I’m certainly not that smart.
我甚至都不能记起我自己的邮政编码。
I can’t even remember my own zip code.’
但他也说了,工作是他生命里很大的一部分。
But he also says, ‘Work is a big part of my life.
我差不多一天24小时都在想着投资
I think about investments pretty much 24 hours a day,
一周七天。
seven days a week.’
Nez Hallett III,是smart wireless的CEO
Nez Hallett III is CEO of Smart Wireless,
让我想,这太讽刺了。因为他告诉过我 他并不聪明。
and I thought, that’s ironic because he told me he’s not that smart.
他说我从高中的时候是拿着c平均分的毕业的
He says, ‘I graduated from high school with a C average,
然后大学是拿着C-毕业的.
and college with a C-minus average.’
但现在聪明博士学位的人在向他报告
But now the smart PhD’s are reporting to him.
他是怎么做到的?
How did he do it?
他说,如果你想成功做任何一件事。
He said, ‘If you’re going to be successful at anything,
关键就是努力工作
the key thing is to work hard.’
我不聪明
I’m not smart.
作为证据,这是我高三成绩表
As proof, here’s my actual 12th grade report card.
这是我唯一一张我父母保存的。
It was the only one my parents ever kept.
别问我为什么他们存着,这成绩没什么好炫耀的
Don’t ask me why they kept it; it’s nothing to brag about.
就像你看见的那样,我是一个普通学生,不是学霸
As you can see, I was a C student, not an A student.
有段时间我都觉得自己不会进大学了。
I don’t think I’d even make it into college these days.
那我是如何变得这么成功我富有的?
So how did I achieve some success and wealth?
我只是很努力工作,无数个礼拜工作60-80个小时
I just worked hard, many 60- to 80-hour weeks.
然后现在我知道我并不是一个人。
And now I know I’m not alone.
Thomas Stanley 研究过无数个学生。
Thomas Stanley studied hundreds of millionaires,
然后他发现最多百万富翁的并非那些学霸
and he discovered most millionaires weren’t A students,
分数不太高的,老师甚至都不会想他们以后会成功的
didn’t score high on tests and teachers didn’t think they’d ever succeed.
不过他们是成功了,因为他们努力工作。
But they did succeed, because they worked hard.
所以好消息是假如你不是最聪明的,
So the good news is if you’re not the smartest,
假如你是个普通学生,而不是学霸。
if you’re a C student, not an A student,
这真的很好的消息是你还是可以成功的
the really good news is you can still succeed.
因为成功这个词。有两个c,而不是a
Because the word ‘success’ has two C’s and no A’s.
(大笑)
(Laughter)
你还是可以成功的,只要你够努力工作。
You can still succeed as long as you work hard.
那假如你很聪明呢?
And what if you are smart?
那很抱歉,这对你是绝对没有希望了
Well, I’m sorry, there’s absolutely no hope for you.
因为很多聪明的人,都达不到他们所能够达到的成功。很不幸,
Because many smart people don’t achieve as much success as they could, unfortunately,
因为他们依靠着自己的聪明,然后永远都不懂的努力工作
because they rest on their smarts and never learn to work hard.
jeong kim, lucent 电子学校校长,说过
Jeong Kim, president of Lucent Technologies, says,
最聪明的人,有时候无法完全发挥他们的潜力
‘People who are the smartest sometimes don’t realize their full potential,
因为事情来得太容易了,所以他们不懂的再推自己一把。
because things get too easy, so they don’t push themselves hard.’
演讲完之后,我去了一个世界前十商业学校。
After a talk I gave at one of the world’s top 10 business schools,
一个男人向我走来并对我说
a man came up to me and said,
你知道,当几年前我拿到我的MBA
‘You know, when I got my MBA here a few years ago,
我曾经是班里最聪明的人。
I was one of the smartest people in the class.
我以为我成功了.所以当我毕业后,
I thought I had it made. So after I graduated,
我放松了,而且我没努力工作。
I sat back and I didn’t work hard.
之后我走下坡了。
And I went downhill.
然后现在,这就是我生活,我没有地方可去
And now, at this point in my life, I’ve gone nowhere.
我却没有达到任何成功
I haven’t achieved any success at all.’
他说谢谢你的提醒,现在我知道我应该怎么做
He said, ‘Thanks for the wake-up call. Now I know what I need to do.
我需要工作
I need to work.’
所以这个底线就是不管你是聪明或否,
So the bottom line is, whether you’re smart or not,
不管你有天分还是没有,保持工作
whether you’re talented or not, just keep working.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6FvEwLBgBo

相关推荐