未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为何坐下来好好学习或工作如此困难

Why is it so hard to sit down and study or work

There are days, weeks and sometimes even months
总有那么几天 几周 甚至连续好几个月
where your desire to do something productive
你希望做些有生产力的事
is barely existent.
却几乎不可能
Theres a possibility that you’re having a depression episode,
很可能在这段时间里你正经历心情低谷
but most likely you aren’t
但往往并非如此
because you’re not sad.
因为你并不悲伤
you‘re just not feeling compelled enough to get up
你只是没有那么迫切地想行动起来
and do stuff, stuff that maybe not today,
做些也许不会立竿见影
but surely in the future will contribute to a better life for you,
但很可能在未来会使你生活更美好的事
or maybe even for your family and society.
甚至能惠及家庭或社会的事
And to properly understand the reasons and solutions to this problem,
想要理解原因并且找到解决问题的方法
we need to have a better understanding of the underlying processes
我们需要进一步理解行动力
that are taking place when we talk about motivation
如何产生的内在机理
If you ’ re hungry
如果你饿了
that’s not just a simple drive that’s pushing you to get something to eat,
让你找东西吃的不单纯是个简单的驱动力
it‘s more of a subpersonality that has a goal
而是更多来源于一种次人格
it has a bunch of action patterns related to that particular goal
这其中有一大串与特定目标有关的行为模式
and it organizes your emotional responses around that goal.
同时它也围绕目标组织你的心理反应
We can look at it from another perspective.
我们可以从另一个角度来看
We could say that motivation set goals, and emotions track progress towards goals.
我们可以说是动机触发目标 而内心追踪朝着目标前进的轨迹
Generally speaking motivation determines what your aim is
通常而言 动机决定你的目标
so if you are thirsty
所以如果你口渴了
you are going to aim at something to drink
你会找些什么东西来喝
and that will automatically alter your perception
然后那会自动地改变你的感觉
so you zero out everything that is not relevant to that goal.
所以你虚化一切与目标无关的事
Once you start to focus on the few things
一旦你开始专注于某事
that will guide you forward, your emotions start to track your progress
这引导你向前 同时情绪也开始追踪你的进展
so when you encounter those things that facilitate your movement forward,
所以当你遇到那些促使你前进的事物时
that produces positive emotions.
会产生积极的心理
On the other hand
从另一方面来说
when you encounter some kind of threat,
当你遭遇某种威胁
or blockage between you and your goal,
或者在你和目标之间有阻碍
that produces negative emotions,
那就会引起负面情绪
and that can be anger, disappointment, grief and so on.
这可能是愤怒 沮丧和忧伤等等
And if you experience some of the more powerful negative emotions like pain, for example
如果你还经历过有一些强烈的负面情绪 比如像痛苦
that can cause you to abandon your goal and turn back.
那将会导致你失败 回到原点
So why is it so hard to get up and do stuff.
所以这就是为什么你很难奋起做事的原因
And it might be that you just don ’ t have any goals,
当然还有可能你只是没有目标
it might be that you ’ re aiming at nothing.
你很可能漫无目的
So no aim, equals no emotions,
因此无目标 等于没心情做事
which equals no neurochemical fuel to keep you going.
这就相当于没有神经系统刺激因素来使你一直向前
Your case might not be exactly the same,
你的可能情况不尽相同
but it is a pretty accurate scenario.
但这是一个颇精确的设想
And you might ask, how do you fix that?
你可能会问 怎么解决呢
Well you need to sit down and set your goals. See,
你需要坐下来然后设定你的目标
If you observe a starving rat
看 如果你观察一个在笼里饥饿的老鼠
in cage and it knows it has food at the end of a corridor,
而它知道在走廊尽头有食物
if you put a little spring attached to his tail,
如果你把一些弹簧附在它的尾巴上
you can measure the rats motivation by measuring how hard the rat pulls,
你可以通过测量老鼠的拉力来衡量它的积极性
you can measure the displacement of the little spring,
你可以测量小老鼠的位移
and that will give you a quantization of the motivational force of the rat.
这将为你量化一个关于老鼠驱动力
What ’ s more interesting is,
更有趣的是
if you set up the same scenario with the rat trying to get to some food
如果你设置同样的老鼠尝试取食的场景
and you spray some cat odor behind it,
和在它身后喷些猫味喷雾
the starving rat would pull even harder,
饥饿的老鼠会甚至更卖力地拉
because it it starving and he really wants to get the hell away from there.
因为它饿并迫切想逃离此处
So getting away and and getting somewhere are two distinct motivational systems, and
(就像老鼠实验一样)远离和到达某地是两个有别的驱动系统
if you can combine them together then you can make a really powerful motivational force.
如果你把它们结合起来 你就可能获得十分强劲的动力
And you can start by sitting down and writing your perfect future,
而你可以通过坐下来静心描绘你的美好未来开始
and also the possible hell you want to avoid.
和你想避免的可能
Let’s say for example you’re not motivated to work out.
让我们假设 比如说 你没有锻炼的欲望
You can start by imagining how perfect and healthy your body would be
你可以通过想象你将体魄健壮开始
if you only started to work out for 30 minutes a day,
如果你只需开始一天锻炼30分钟
you can then imagine the clothes fitting you perfectly,
然后你可以想象你与衣物的完美切合
your posture, your health, stamina etc.
你的仪态 你的健康 精力充沛……诸如此类
You can write everything down,
你可以写下然任何事情
you can write about the positive mood and outlook on life you adopted since you started to work out.
你可以写下从你开始锻炼起的积极的情绪和对适应生活的展望
Then imagine the opposite, imagine you being overweight,
然后从反面开始想象 想象你过度肥胖
your IQ dropped because you didn ’ t exercise or had optimal body weight,
你因缺乏锻炼或者不是理想体重而智商下降
so naturally your IQ decreased as you aged.
所以自然地你的智商随着年龄增长而下挫
Imagine going to the doctor and he ’ s telling you
想象一下你去看医生
that you have an increased chance of heart attack.
而他告诉你 你心脏病发作的可能性在增大
Imagine feeling anxious and depressed,
想象一下焦虑和抑郁
without any self confidence or motivation
缺乏自信或动力
stuck being overweight forever.
永困于肥胖
And that’s a pretty terrifying future as far as I can tell.
那是据我所知的相当惊悚的未来
Then once you do this, you can sit down and negotiate with yourself.
想象完后 你可以坐下与你自己协商了
You can ask yourself,
你可以问你自己
what would you want in return if you would work out for 30 minutes a day for the next week.
你想要什么样的反馈 如果你能每日锻炼30分钟直到下周
That can be a walk in the park,
那可能是在公园里散步
a beer with your friends, playing video games like whatever
和朋友来一杯酒 玩游戏 或者其他能让你兴奋的东西
gets you excited, and then agree on that contract with yourself.
然后与你自己达成共识
This reward
这种激励
combined with the visualization of the ideal future and possible hell
将具化的理想未来和可能的恶果结合
is going to produce a high level of motivation
将会产生高水平的积极性
and drive to get you started on fixing the dimensions of your life that need to be fixed.
和驱使你修正在生活中需要被修正的方面
Now you have the knowledge
现在你有才识
you know how emotions and goals contribute to your motivation
你知道情绪和目标如何激发积极性
you know techniques to combine two distinct motivational systems,
你知道将两种不同的动力体系结合的方法
and you know that you need to negotiate
和你知道你需要协商
instead of punishing or tyrannizing yourself.
而不是惩罚或虐待自我
So my advice is, do the visualisation,
所以我的建议是 可视化
write your goals get up do stuff.
写下目标 开始干活
Because If we all get our act together collectively,
因为如果我们大家一起行动
then maybe we can make this world just a little bit better for all of us.
或许我们可以使这个世界对我们所有人而言都更美好一点儿

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

了解动力的原理及原因

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

许菼执

审核员

审核员 EY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW03_UFhh-I

相关推荐