ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我的自我改变的故事 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我的自我改变的故事

Why I Started My Self-Improvement Journey

Improvement Pill here.
《激励胶囊》又和您见面了
Welcome to the Question and Animation series,
欢迎收看《答疑动画》系列
where I answer your questions with fancy animations.
我将在此用精美的动画为您答疑解惑
Just comment down below of your question.
请在下方留言 说出你的问题
And maybe you’ll get featured in our next episode.
也许你就会出现在下期了
Today we have a question from Tony Perez, who asks:
今天的问题来自托尼·佩雷斯 他问道:
Tell us your backstory.
给我们讲讲你自己的经历吧
When was the point you began your own self-change?
你是何时开始自我改变的呢?
[laughing]
[笑]
You got it.
现在就来回答你的问题
So the high school I went to had a very interesting tradition.
我所在的高中 有一个非常有趣的传统
The graduating class would host a sort of Battle Royale
在毕业前的一个月 毕业班将会举行
the month before we all graduated.
一种“大逃杀”游戏
This was way before Fortnite and PUBG were even a thing.
那个时候还没有《堡垒之夜》 和《绝地求生》
Now the rules were pretty simple.
规则非常简单
You had to pay five dollars to join,
你需要付五美元加入游戏
and it was winner-take-all.
赢者获得所有奖金
However, the game would only last about two weeks.
然而 比赛只会持续大约两周左右
So in the case that there was more than one survivor at the very end,
万一最后有多个幸存者
the prize pool would be split.
奖金就会被他们平分
Every single day,
每一天
you would receive a text message from the game master.
你都会收到游戏主管发来的一条消息
He would tell you who your target of the day was.
他会告诉你 你今天的目标是谁
This was the person that you had to hunt down and kill.
这就是你要追杀的人
Not physically with a knife, alright?
但并不是用刀真的伤害身体 明白吗?
All you had to do was mark them on their skin with a marker,
你只需在他们的皮肤上用记号笔做个记号
which was pretty funny.
这点很有趣
Because the Battle Royale took place in the summer,
因为这场大逃杀游戏是在夏天进行
so you had people showing up to school in 90-degree weather
所以大家会在90度的高温下
with hoodies and jackets on.
穿着连帽衫和夹克来上学
Now there were a couple of other rules.
还有另外几条规则
No.1 You were not allowed to skip school or cut classes.
第一 不允许逃学或者旷课
If you were caught doing so, you’d be disqualified.
如果发现违规 你会被取消资格
No.2 You were immune while in class.
第二 上课时杀人无效
This was to prevent the game from interfering with actual schoolwork.
这是为了防止游戏干扰实际教学工作
No.3 If you killed someone,
第三 如果你杀了某个人
your new target would be their target.
他的目标就成了你的新目标
So if Sam killed Ben and Ben’s target was Shelly,
所以如果山姆杀了本 而本的目标是莎莉
Sam’s new target would be Shelly.
那么莎莉就成了山姆的新目标
No.4 If you killed 3 people in the span of 24 hours,
第四 如果你在24小时内杀了三个人
you would gain immunity,
你会获得豁免权
which meant nobody could touch you for 24 hours.
就是说24小时之内 任何人不能碰你
So that was the more aggressive strategy.
所以这个策略更激进
You hunt down 3 people and you could relax.
你杀掉3个人 就可以休息了
No.5 You had to kill at least one person throughout the game.
第五 整个游戏中 你至少得杀死一人
This would prevent people from playing too passively.
这防止大家玩游戏不够积极
But that was it, you only have to kill one person.
但就这一点 你只需杀死一个人
And finally, No.6 You were allowed
最后 第六 你可以
to kill the person who was hunting you.
反杀追捕你的人
Only problem was you didn’t know who it was.
唯一的问题就是 你不知道他是谁
So you either had to set up like a sort of spy network,
所以你要么需要建立起某种间谍网
and find out from your friends who was after you.
从朋友那里知道谁在跟踪你
Or you would have to dodge your assailants first strike,
要么你就必须在袭击你的人首次发起攻击时躲过去
and strike back.
然后反击
So a large chunk of the graduating class
毕业班的大部分学生
signed up for the Battle Royale.
都报名参加了大逃杀游戏
I don’t remember the exact numbers.
我不记得确切的人数了
But we had like a good 2, 3 hundred people participating,
但我们足足有两三百人参加
which meant that the price pool was pretty big.
这就是说奖金是非常高的
Especially for a bunch of high school kids.
尤其对一群高中的孩子来说
So everyone took it very, very seriously.
所以每个人都非常非常认真地对待这件事
The first couple of days were crazy.
游戏开始的头两天很疯狂
People were dying left and right.
周围的人都纷纷死去
Every couple of hours, you would get a text message about
每隔几小时 你会收到消息说
who just got killed,
谁刚刚被杀了
how many people were remaining,
还剩多少人
and who was immune for the day.
有谁获得了当天的豁免权
People were even hunting each other down outside of school.
大家甚至在校外彼此追杀
I remember taking the subway and seeing two kids in hoodies
我记得坐地铁时看到两个穿着连帽衫的孩子
slashing at each other with markers on the train.
在火车上用记号笔互相划
Now, I got lucky on the second day.
第二天我的好运就来了
My target was this girl that I had class with.
我的目标是和我一起上课的一个女生
I don’t even think she took the game seriously
我甚至觉得 她并没把游戏当回事
because she showed up in a normal shirt.
因为她穿着一件普通的T恤来上课了
She wasn’t worried at all.
她一点也不担心
So right after class, I just walked up behind her,
所以一下课 我就直接走到她身后
slash, slash!
刷 刷!
Marked her neck.
在她脖子上做了标记
And that was that, I got my first kill.
就这样 我完成了我的首杀
By the end of the third day,
到第三天结束前
there were only like 50 people left.
就只剩下50个人左右了
Now my strategy was simple,
而我的策略很简单
I figured because I had already gotten my one kill,
因为已经干掉必须杀的那一个了 所以我断定
I just had to play passively to win.
只要躲着不被杀就能赢
There was no point in going out of my way
没必要拼尽全力
to hunt down my new targets
追杀新目标
in the hopes of getting that immunity bonus.
只是希望得到豁免的奖赏
It was just too risky.
这太冒险了
So I played it safe.
所以我就本着安全的原则玩下去
I went straight to class.
我直接去教室
I kept all the book on me.
随身带着所有的书
So I didn’t have to go to my locker.
这样就不用去储物柜了
I skipped lunch which wasn’t that hard
我不去吃午饭 这并不是很难
because the school lunch was pretty bad.
因为学校的午餐实在不怎么样
And during my free periods, I would hide out on the first floor
空闲的时间 我会躲在一楼
where almost nobody ever went.
那里几乎没人去
So the first week went by,
第一周过去了
and there were only like 30 people left.
只剩下差不多30个人了
And one day I remember taking the stairs out of the first floor
记得那天 我从一楼走楼梯出来
to go to my next class,
去上下一节课
and I get stopped by this girl.
被一位女生拦住了
This was a girl that I had shared a couple of classes with
在我高中的四年里
throughout my four years in high school.
我和她一起上过几节课
She looked at me and asked,
她看着我问道
“Do you know who Richard is?”
“你知道理查德是谁吗?”
And I thought to myself, “Well, that’s… me.”
我心想 “额 那就是……我啊”
Her target is probably me.
她的目标很可能就是我啊
Hmm… wow, I’m so lucky.
嗯…… 哇 我太幸运了
She doesn’t remember who I am.
她不记得我是谁了
So of course I was like, “Nope, sorry, can’t help you.”
当然了 我就说 “不认识 抱歉 帮不了你了”
And I quickly walked away.
然后迅速离开了
For the rest of the week, I basically did the same thing.
这周的最后几天 我基本做着同样的事情
I stuck to my strategy and I played extremely passively.
本着相同的策略 一直在躲避
And then the game was over.
然后游戏结束了
There were four survivors and I was one of them.
总共有四个幸存者 我是其中之一
And I felt great.
我感觉棒极了
I had actually won a real-life Battle Royale.
我居然赢得了一场真实生活中的大逃杀
So the game master sends out a text,
于是游戏主管发送了一条信息
congratulating all the winners.
恭喜所有获胜者
And he asks us to meet up with him,
并要求我们去见他
so he could give us the prize money.
他好给我们发奖金
So I went. I got like 200 bucks.
于是我就去了 拿到了二百美元
And the game master looked at me and was like,
游戏主管看着我说
“Oh, so you’re Richard.
“哦 你就是理查德啊
Yeah man, it’s crazy.
嗨伙计 太不可思议了
People couldn’t figure out who you were.”
大家都搞不清你是谁。”
And that’s when I realized I won the Battle Royale
那个时候 我才意识到 赢了大逃杀
not because I played it safe
不是因为我的安全玩法
or because of my amazing strategy.
或是因为绝妙的策略
I won because people genuinely did not know who I was.
我赢是因为人们真的不认识我
And these were people that I had shared classes with for four years.
而这些是和我一起上了四年学的人们
And that struck a chord with me.
这触动了我的内心
I thought about my high school career
我想了想自己高中四年的学习生涯
and I realized just how pathetic and sad it was.
意识到这有多么悲哀 可怜
People always say high school supposed to be
人们总是说高中应该是
one of the best periods of your life.
你人生中最美好的一段时光之一
I don’t necessarily believe that,
对此 我也不是非信不可
but still high school should have been a better experience
但相比我的经历 高中生活
than what I went through.
本应该更精彩
See all I did was hanging out the same 4 or 5 friends.
你瞧 我的生活基本都是和那四五个朋友一起玩
Never joined any real clubs,
从没参加过任何真正的社团
and never went out of my way to meet any new people.
从没走出自己的舒适区结交新朋友
Instead I would just go straight home after class
相反 我下课就会直接回家
and play video games all night long.
整晚玩儿视频游戏
I had crushes on so many girls throughout the years.
这些年来我暗恋过那么多女生
I never had the balls to ask them out.
但从未鼓起勇气和她们任何一个约会
Instead I spent my free time hooked on porn,
相反 我沉浸在色情片里
jerking off like 2, 3 times a day.
一天撸两三次
I cruised through school.
我在校园里闲逛
I would just copy homework,
只会抄抄作业
and barely pass my classes.
然后勉强通过考试
I didn’t give a damn about my future.
我一点也不在乎自己的未来
I knew my parents wanted me to go to college.
知道我的父母想让我上大学
So I applied to the one college that everyone applied to,
所以就申请了大家都申请的那所大学
because you were basically guaranteed to get in.
因为基本上你保证能去
I was so broke that I would literally sit there
我太穷了 每次出去玩 就只是坐在那里
and watch my friends eat, whenever we went out.
看着我的朋友吃东西
And if there were any leftovers, they would give it to me.
如果他们剩下了 就会给我
All in all, I was a loser.
总而言之 我是个失败者
I am nobody.
微不足道
My high school career was so uneventful
我的高中生涯如此平凡
that I was practically invisible.
以至于我实际上都隐形了
But by pure chance, right after I graduated from high school
但全凭着运气 就在我高中毕业后
during that summer break,
的那个暑假里
before I headed off to college,
在我出发去大学前
I came across something that would change my life forever.
遇到了一件永远改变了我人生的事情
See I was browsing a forum for a game
当时我在浏览论坛上一个
that I was basically addicted to.
上瘾的游戏
And I came across a thread where someone mentioned self-improvement.
意外看到一条信息 里面提到了自我提升
And they provided a link to a self-improvement forum.
他们还提供了进入自我提升论坛的链接
Now before this, I had never heard of the concept.
在此之前 我从未听说过这个概念
I genuinely thought that people were just born the way they were.
真的以为人们天生就那样
And that we were stuck this way till we died.
到死也不会有丝毫改变
I thought the successful popular kids were just lucky,
我还以为那些广受欢迎的孩子只是幸运而已
having been blessed with good lucks, charisma, motivation,
上天赐给他们好运 赋予他们魅力 动机
and all that good stuff.
所有那些好东西
But as I browsed this forum, I came across story after story
但浏览这个论坛时 我看到一个又一个
about people who had strikingly similar backgrounds as me.
和我有着极其相似背景的人的故事
Losers and nobodies.
他们也是失败者 无名之辈
But they would all talk about
但他们却都在谈论
how they were able to completely change their life around.
他们是如何彻底改变人生的
All because of self-development.
全都归功于自我发展
All because of a couple of books they would read
全都因为他们读的几本书
and a couple of habits they would build.
和养成的几个习惯
And I was immediately hooked.
我一下子就入迷了
I remember staying up all night,
记得自己通宵未眠
just binge reading as many of these posts as possible.
尽可能多地不停阅读这些文章
And that’s when I realized that I could do this too.
这时我才意识到 我也可以这样做
It doesn’t sound too complicated.
这听起来并不是很复杂
Sure it sounds like hard work.
当然 这听上去很辛苦
But if it was possible to change my life that drastically,
但如果它能给我的人生带来巨大改变的话
then it would all be worth it.
那就完全值得
And that’s when I decided
就是在那个时刻 我做出了决定
that I would embark on a self-development journey.
开始我的自我提升之旅
And the rest is well…
剩下故事的就 额……
Let’s… that’s a story for another day.
让我们…… 改天再来讲这个故事吧
I hope this answers your question, Tony.
托尼 我希望以上回答了你的问题
If you want to be featured in our next episode
如果你还想在下一期
of Question and Animation again,
《答疑动画》中出现
let me know your questions in the comments down below.
请在下方评论区留下你的问题
Now I know some of you guys probably noticed
我知道你们中大概有人已经注意到了
the after credits we’ve started to include in our videos.
我们已经开始在视频中添加观后积分
We’re gonna make our mascot,
我们要让我们的吉祥物
whose name is Pill, do a bunch of crazy things.
药丸 做一些疯狂的事
So let me know what you want to see Pill do down below.
所以请在下方留言告诉我你想让药丸做什么
And maybe you’ll see your suggestion
也许在下期结尾
at the end of our next episode.
你就会看到你提的建议了
Besides that guys, stay tuned.
朋友们 就说这么多 请继续关注

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

今天我们用一则动画来解答托尼所提出的问题,讲一则何时开始改变自我的故事。视频主的讲述生动,动画也非常有趣,让我们一起来看看吧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Olly

审核员

审核员_J

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4zejKpC9lA

相关推荐