未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

通往美好人生的捷径

Why I read a book a day (and why you should too): the law of 33% | Tai Lopez | TEDxUBIWiltz

每个人都想要美好的生活
Everybody wants the good life,
但不是人人都有好生活 对吧
but not everybody gets the good life, right?
想象一下
Imagine for a second
就现在 今天 你会取得多大的成功
if right now, today, how much more successful would you be
如果你刚开始创办一个公司
if you just started a company
而比尔·盖茨是你的合伙人
50/50 with Bill Gates as your business partner
他会运用他从创建微软公司到公司成为全世界第一的过程中的
and he was using every trick of the trade that he used to build Microsoft
每一个商业技巧
into one of the biggest companies in the world?
想象看你的账户现在有多少钱
Imagine how much money you’d have in your bank account today –
我应该说 你的账号能有多少更多的钱
how much more money, I should say –
如果沃伦·巴菲特教你如果在股市中投资
if Warren Buffet was teaching you how to invest in the stock market,
向你展示他曾经是如何将伯克希尔哈撒韦公司
showing you what he used to build Berkshire Hathaway
经营成为一个1400亿的大公司
into a $140 billion company.
想象一下你今天该有多高兴
Imagine how much happier you’d be today
如果达赖喇嘛是你的私人向导
if the Dali Lama was your personal guide,
教你如何在生活中
showing you how to find fulfillment in life,
从大部分人所忽视的小事中找到满足感
in the little things that most people overlook.
想象一下你今天该有多健康
Imagine how healthy you’d be today
当你醒来
if when you woke up,
你走向健身房
you went down to your gym,
阿诺德 ·施瓦辛格正在那里等你
and Arnold Schwarzenegger was waiting there,
而他正是你的私人教练
who was your personal trainer,
向你展示他是如何健身
showing you how he built his body
如何锻炼出最健美的身材
into the most fit body maybe ever, right?
想象一下你将如何改变这个世界
Imagine the change you’d be making in the world,
你将在今天解决什么不公平的事情
the injustice you’d be solving today,
如果你的妈妈和你将一起经营一个慈善机构
if Mother Theresa and you were running a charity together
然后她向你展示她在
and she was showing you what she learned
在加尔各答的街上帮助贫穷 生病 甚至即将死亡的人这一过程中学到了什么
on the streets of Calcutta, helping the poor, the sick, and the dying.
在你的生活中 导师 有能力做到这些
Mentors have the power to do this in your life.
我认为在这里的每个人都理解榜样的重要性
I think everybody here recognizes the importance of a role model.
但是在接下的几分钟里
But in the next few minutes,
我将要向你展示导师拥有
I’m going to show you how mentors are more powerful
比你想象中更强大的力量
than you can possibly imagine
他们有能力去改变你的生活
in their ability to transform your life.
有趣的是 现在我在卢森堡这儿
It’s interesting that I’m here in Luxembourg,
因为我的祖母在离这不远的地方出生
because my grandmother was born not too far from here,
在德国的柏林
in Berlin, Germany.
顺便说一下 她现在96岁了
She’s 96 years old, by the way,
她对我说“塔伊 替我跟他们打声招呼”
and she said, “Tai, tell them hello.”
所以 来自我96岁祖母的问候
So, hello from my 96-year-old grandma.
(笑声…..)
(Laughter)
她说“我曾有一个偶像 一个导师
She said, “There was a role model, a mentor that I had
在我还是一个小女孩的时候”
when I was a little girl.”
她出生在1918年的柏林
She was born in 1918 in Berlin,
她说“我曾有一位租客”
and she said, “We had a renter in our house.”
一位有名的钢琴家伊迪丝·诺克斯
Edith Knox, who was a famous piano player
来自加利福尼亚 在二十世纪二十年代
from California in the 1920s.
她说“塔伊 那个女人对我有非常深厚的影响”
She said, “Tai, this woman made such an impression on me.”
她会租一间房间度过夏天
She rented a room for a summer,
她说“伊迪丝·诺克斯穿裤子”
and she said, “Edith Knox wore pants.”
我祖母说“那时我从未见过一位女性穿裤子”
My grandma said, “I’d never seen a woman wear pants.”
很显然在二十年代的德国 没有一位女性穿裤子
Apparently, in Germany in the ’20s, no women wore pants.
她穿的不是普通的裤子 而是一套橘色的连衣裤
And not just regular pants. She had an orange jumpsuit on.
然后伊迪丝·诺克斯会把每个小时
And then she’d play the piano, and Edith Knox, every hour,
都用来练习弹钢琴
would stand on her head for exercise.
我祖母那时才7岁 她说
My grandma was like 7 and she said,
“塔伊 我当时常想加州福尼亚的女人都是什么样的
“Tai, I thought if that’s how women are in California,
总有一天 我会去那里”
one day I’m going to move to California.”
果真 她最终到了加州福尼亚
And sure enough, she ended up in California.
这个故事解释了我的家庭为什么最终在加利福尼亚定居
That’s part of the story of how my family ended up in California.
我来自加州福尼亚 我乘飞机飞到这儿
I’m from California. I flew here.
花了20小时 我来自好莱坞
It took me 20 hours to get here, and I’m from Hollywood, specifically.
好莱坞 梦想之地
So Hollywood, the “Land of Dreams.”
也许对于大多数人来说那儿是梦碎之地
Or for most people, it’s the land of broken dreams.
每年 都有100万人移居和迁出那里
Every year, 100,000 people move in and out of Hollywood.
一些人来这成为了电影明星 演员 歌手 作家 喜剧演员
Some come to be movie stars, actors, singers, writers, comedians.
大部分却是两手空空地回家了
Most go home empty-handed.
所以 我住在希尔斯
So I live up in the Hills,
会看见许多名人
and I’m surrounded by all these celebrities.
我的左邻右舍都是名人
I have one on my left, one on my right.
我经常想“为什么这些名人能成功
I often think, “Why did these celebrities make it?
他们做了什么与众不同的事情吗”
What did they do differently that allowed them to make it?”
因为在好莱坞 每个人都有欲望
Because in Hollywood, everybody wants something,
但并不是每个人都得到了他们想要的
but not everybody gets what they want.
因此 今天我想讲一点这方面的东西
So I want to talk a little bit about that today.
因为生命是短暂的
Because life is short.
我想我们都感受到到时间的流沙在生命中快速地溜走
I think we all realize the sands of time quickly can slip by in your life.
你们不会想到老了才能过上好日子
And you don’t want to be old when you finally get the good life,
或者更老时 对吗
or too old. Right?
就像荷兰的一句谚语
It’s like the Dutch saying,
“我们太快变老 太晚聪明”
“We’re too soon old, too late smart.”
史蒂夫·乔布斯说过“我不想在墓地里成为最富有的人”
Steve Jobs said, “I didn’t want to be the richest man in the graveyard.”
然后我意识到了这些
And I realized this.
回想起我年轻的时候
I remember back, I was younger
我的导师之一艾伦·内申曾对我说过
and Alan Nation, one of my mentors, he had told me,
“塔伊 在你16岁的时候 你想成为什么人
“Tai, what did you want to be when you were 16?
这是你最真实的愿望
That’s the truest version of yourself.
当你16岁时 你想做什么”
What did you want to be when you were 16?”
然后我记起在我16岁时 我想有一个美好的生活
And I remember at 16, I wanted to find the good life.
亚里士多德谈论幸福时 他对美好生活的定义是
Aristotle talks about eudaimonia, his definition of the good life.
健康 财富 快乐 爱 所有的这些
Health, wealth, happiness, love. All those things.
我记得我说“太难了 我怎么才能”达到这个目的呢
I remember going, “It’s too hard. How am I ever going to figure this out?
在我十六岁时 有太多的难题
There’s so many hard questions. I’m 16.
我想弄清楚我会去哪所大学 会信仰什么宗教
I got to figure out what college to go to, what religion I’m going to follow,
我将与谁结婚 从事什么政治活动 将会在哪儿生活
who I’m going to marry, what politics, where to live,
将从事的怎样的职业道路”
what career and path to pursue.”
然后我有了这个想法 我说“我有一个好点子”
And I had this idea. I was like, “I know the perfect idea.”
我将找到一个人
I’ll find one person –
我想他必须是个天才 不过事实证明他并不是特别聪明
I thought this was so genius, it turned out to not be so smart –
但我会找到一个人 他能给出所有的答案
But I’d find one person who had all the answers.
所以我写了一封信
So I wrote a letter.
寄给了我的祖父 他是我当时以为最聪明的人
The smartest person I could think of was my grandfather.
我写信说“你能告诉我该怎么规划我以后的生活吗”
I wrote this letter: “Will you tell me how to design my life?”
TED是由T E D组成
TED is about T-E-D.
其中“D”指的是计划 一个有计划的生活
The “D” is about Design, the designed life.
因此我问“你能帮助我构思我的将来的生活吗”
So I said, “Will you help me design my life?”
我当时非常兴奋
And I was so excited.
四天后 我收到了祖父的回信
Four days later I got this letter back from my grandpa
我阅读了信中的内容 里面说“抱歉 塔伊 我不能帮你 ”
I read it and it said, “Sorry, Tai, I can’t help you.
现代世界太复杂了
The modern world’s too complicated.
你不能只从一个人身上找到所有的答案
You will never find all the answers from just one person.
如果你够幸运的话 沿途的少数人将会为你指明方向
If you’re lucky, a handful of people along the way will point the way.”
我心想 “啊!” 走捷径是行不通了
And I was like, “Ugh!” So much for my shortcut.
但是七天之后 我收到了一个包裹
But seven days later, a package came.
里面是书
It was books.
我的祖父拥有一间内有两万本藏书的藏书库
My grandfather had a 20,000-book library,
他寄给了我一些又旧又脏的书
and he had sent me some old dusty ones.
一本有1000页 11卷的书
A 1,000-page volume. 11 books.
是由威尔和阿里埃尔·杜兰特著的“文明与意志”
“The Story of Civilization,” by Will and Ariel Durant.
我说“一千页 这太多了”
I was like, “1,000 pages? This is too much.”
但我现在发现 他给我的是一种暗示 但我当时不能理解
But I see now, he was giving me a hint, I didn’t understand it.
有一个神话说我们必须向内寻找真相
There’s this myth that you have to go inward to find truth.
但事实上他说的是你必须自己去发现去寻找
But the truth he was saying is you have to go outward.
如果你可以拥有这些觉悟 人们的心态
If you can download the consciousness, the mindset of people
那些离去的人们
who have gone before you –
那些最机智 最聪明 智力最发达的人
the smartest, the wisest, the most intelligent,
最老练的人的心态
the most experienced people –
那么你会得到你想要的答案
then you will get what you want.
因此我继续并开始写下笔记卡片
And so I went on, and I started writing down note cards.
我叫他们精神捷径 当我读这些书时
I called them mental shortcuts. And I was reading these books.
我开始旅行 我去了51个国家
And then I started traveling. I went to 51 countries.
我读了一本书上说“让我来亲自拜访他们”
I’d read a book and say, “Let me go visit this person in person.”
于是我去了新西兰和澳大利亚
So I went to New Zealand and Australia,
南美洲 阿根廷 爱尔兰 世界各地
South America, Argentina, Ireland, all over the world.
以前我关注四样东西 健康 财富 爱和快乐
I was focused on those 4 things: health, wealth, love, and happiness.
我当时决定聚焦健康和快乐
I decided to focus on health and happiness.
我和乔尔·萨拉汀在他的著名的
I lived for two years with Joel Salatin
可持续有机农场里住了两年
on his famous sustainable agricultural organic farm.
然后我又和阿米什人一起度过了两年半的时间
Then I spent 2 1/2 years with the Amish.
我们生活在没有电的社区 怒力去发现生活的本质
No electricity, trying to see what was life when we lived in community.
我犯了一个错误 我忘了钱
I made one mistake. I forgot about money.
这是我关注点中的一个 于是最后 我花光了所有钱
That’s one of the things, so eventually, I ran out of money.
我不得不去做那件没人愿做的事 我打电话给我妈 说
I had to do the thing nobody wants to do, call my mom and be like,
“妈 我知道我现在是成年人了 但我现在真的没有一分钱了
“Mom, I know I’m an adult, but I don’t have any money.
你介意我走回家后住在家里吗”
Do you mind if I come stay at home until I get back on my feet?”
她在卡罗莱纳州北部有辆房车
She had a mobile home in Clayton, North Carolina.
我到了那儿 她说
I went and she said,
“对不起塔伊 没有你的房间 不过你可以睡在沙发上”
“Sorry, Tai, I don’t have a room for you, but you can sleep on this couch.”
我记得那晚我躺在沙发上想“我搞砸了一切吗
So I remember laying there at night, like: “Did I mess up?
我错过了好日子吗
Did I miss out on the good life?
现在 我没有一个大学学位
Here I am, I have no college degree.
我有什么技术呢 我可以和阿米什人一起给母牛挤奶”
My skills? I could milk a cow with the Amish.”
那可不是一个赚钱的手艺
That wasn’t a very marketable skill.
我记得我当时银行账户上只有47美元
I remember I had like $47 in my bank account.
我有一辆车 但车上有破洞
I had a car, but it had holes in the floor.
莫名其妙地彻头彻尾地生锈了
Somehow it had rusted through,
如果你突然把你的脚放在那上面
and if you accidentally would put your foot down,
它会砍掉你的脚 所以我一点都不想开它
it would chop your foot off. So I didn’t want to drive it anywhere,
或者拉其他人
or pick anybody up in that car.
我回想起我祖父说的话“寻求外界的帮助”
I remembered back to what my grandpa said, “Look outwards.”
于是我问我周围的人“有人愿意帮我吗”
So I started asking around: “Will somebody help me?”
我舅舅说“你需要一个告诉你该怎么赚钱的人”
My uncle said: “You need somebody who’ll show you how to make money.”
于是我说 好主意 我去找这个人
So I was like, “Great idea. I’m going to go find somebody.”
但我没有汽油钱
But I didn’t have any gas money.
我呆在了我妈妈的房子里 只有40美元
I was stuck there at my mom’s house. I had $40.
我走向厨房 这是我能做的
I walked to the kitchen. That’s what I could afford to do.
我找到了黄页 打开了它
I found the yellow pages and opened them up.
我看到了财务处的电话地址 然后我找到了那个人
I looked in the finance section and I found this guy.
我说“我将去拜访这个家伙”
I said, “I’m going to visit this guy.”
于是我拿了一件挂在壁橱外的西装
So I got a suit out of the closet.
它不是我的 它太大了 穿在我身上看起来很怪异
It wasn’t mine, it was too big. It looked weird on me.
当我到那个人家时候 我不知道当时我看起来怎么样
I don’t know what I looked like when I showed up at that guy’s house.
我找了个人开车送我过去
I got somebody to drive me in,
我到了之后 他的秘书凯西打开了门 我向后走去
I showed up and Kathy, his secretary, opened the door and I walked back,
我向那个我从电话本里知道了名字的人 迈克·斯坦巴克走去 我说
and Mike Steinback, from the phone book, I walked up to him and I said,
“迈克 你不认识我 如果你教我
“Mike, you don’t know me. If you show me what you know,
你能承担在电话簿里打全页广告的费用的话
– figure you must know a lot about money, if you can afford a full-page ad
你一定很有钱
in the yellow pages –
如果你能教我 我会为你免费工作”
if you show me what you know I’ll work for you for free.”
我永远不会忘记 他当时坐在椅子上
I’ll never forget. He was sitting in this chair.
留着大胡子 看起来有点像汤姆·赛利克
He had a big mustache. He looked kind of like Tom Selick.
他就坐在那儿 把椅子朝我转过来
He was sitting there, and he just rolled his chair towards me.
他说“你知道吗塔伊 我找你这样的人用了20年
And he said, “You know, Tai? I’ve been looking for someone like you for 20 years.
明天早上过来 我会告诉你我知道的东西”
Show up in the morning, I’ll show you what I know.”
然后当然地 他教了我很多
And sure enough, he did show me.
他开始指导我做生意
And he began to mentor me on business.
现在我是一名企业家也是一名投资者
And now I’m an entrepreneur. I’m an investor.
但我还是继续走那条路 旅行 寻找导师 阅读
But I’ve continued on that path, traveling, finding mentors, reading.
我一天读一本书
I read a book a day.
我有个小小的读书俱乐部 我还写作
I have a little book club, I write.
我在研究中发现 我并不是一个反面典型
And what I’ve found in my research is that I wasn’t the abnormal pattern.
导师 你复制的能力 是你一生中
Mentors – your ability to copy – is the biggest predictor
影响你成功的最大的因素
of the success that you will have in life.
正如毕加索所说“优秀的艺术家抄袭 但伟大的艺术家偷窃”
As Picasso said, “Good artists copy, but great artists steal.”
对吧
Right?
我环顾四周 发现一件很有意思的事
And I looked around, and it’s interesting.
你知道阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦有一个导师吗
Did you know Albert Einstein had a mentor?
每周四 他会和一位导师一起共进午餐
Every Thursday, he would have lunch with a mentor growing up.
杰斯 一位饶舌歌手 他也有导师
Jay-Z, the rapper, he had a mentor.
奥普拉·温弗瑞说她有两个导师
Oprah Winfrey said she had two mentors.
甘地也有导师
Gandhi had a mentor.
亚历山大大帝有亚里士多德
Alexander, the Great, had Aristotle.
比尔·盖茨有保罗·艾伦
Bill Gates had Paul Allen.
沃伦 · 巴菲特有本杰明 · 格雷厄姆
Warren Buffet had Benjamin Graham.
我们大多数人都错过了
There’s something here that most of us
一些东西
have missed out on.
所以我想分享给你一些我发现的事
So I want to share with you some things that I’ve found,
一些你导师能发掘的你的一些特性
some specifics that you can do with mentors.
第一条 我称之为导师准则
The first rule, I call it the Mentor Rules.
它占33%
It’s the Law of 33%.
你应该分配好你的生活 花33%的时间
You should divide up your life and spend 33% of your time
和比你水平低的人在一起
around people lower than you.
你可以指导帮助他们
You can mentor and help them.
他们也会帮助你 让你自我感觉良好
And they’ll help you back by making you feel good about yourself.
知道一个人比你做的差是有益处的 那是30%
It’s good to know somebody’s doing worse than you. That’s that 30%.
之后就会有33%的人和你在同一水平了
Then you have 33% of people that are on your level.
他们成为你的朋友 你的同伴
These become your friends, your peers.
然而 剩下的33%是大多数人忘记的
But that last 33% is what most people forget about.
他们是比你领先10或20年的人
Those are people 10, 20 years ahead of you.
他们会让你觉得有点不舒服
They’ll make you feel a little bit uncomfortable,
但是那就是你想要的 记住
but that’s what you want, and remember
不要像其他人一样对导师有错误的认知
you don’t want to make the mistake most people make with mentors,
找个只比他们厉害一点的人
finding somebody just a little bit better than them.
你不想成为领导盲人的盲人
You don’t want to be the blind leading the blind.
我称之为10X准则 找到一个比你厉害十倍的人
So I call it the 10x rule; find somebody ten times further ahead than you.
如果你想学习如何拥有一个价值一百万的公司
If you want to learn how to grow a $1 million company,
你就找到一个拥有价值一千万公司的人
you have to find somebody who has a $10 million company.
不要害怕与成功者对话
Don’t be afraid to go to the top.
导师的亲自指导总是效果惊人
In-person mentors are amazing.
如果你能找到比尔·盖茨和巴菲特作导师
And you can get people like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates.
你会有惊人的收获
You’d be surprised!
我朋友弗兰克听了一场演讲 他是一名在好莱坞工作的主管
My friend Frank heard a talk. He’s a director in Hollywood.
他说“塔伊 你不会相信我经历了什么 我听了你的演讲后给一些人发了邮件
He’s like, “Tai, you won’t believe this. I heard your talk and emailed some people.
伊隆·马斯克 他是贝宝公司的创始人
And Elon Musk, the founder of Paypal,
同时拥有三家价值十亿的公司 他给了我回信 然后我们一起吃了饭”
the only man to own three companies worth $1 billion wrote me back and we had lunch.
你会有惊喜的收获 因为人们的记忆
You’d be surprised people remember
他们会回忆起他们的奋斗经历 所以他们也会伸出手帮助你
Because people remember their struggle, and they’ll reach out and help you, too.
记住 任何人都想拥有美好的生活
Remember, everybody wants the good life,
但是并不是每一个人都愿意遵守规则
but not everybody’s willing to follow these rules.
但你必须遵守规则
You must follow these rules.
下一个 谦逊
Next, humility.
有一个我非常喜欢的发生在商场上的故事 山姆·沃尔顿
One of my favorite stories in business, Sam Walton.
他是美国最富有的人
He becomes the richest man in America.
他创立了沃尔玛这个大企业
He starts Walmart, this big empire.
一次他去巴西的圣保罗旅游
And he takes a trip to São Paulo, Brazil.
接待他的家庭接到警察的电话
And when he’s there, his host family gets a call from the police department.
警察说“来保释山姆·沃尔顿吧 他被关押了”
They’re like, “Come bail out Sam Walton. He’s in jail.”
这时 他只是一个年老的亿万富翁
By this time, he’s an older guy. Billionaire.
他们立刻赶过去
They rushed down.
如果你见过巴西监狱的内部
If you’ve ever seen the inside of a Brazilian jail cell,
那个可不是一个好地方 对于一个60岁的亿万富翁来说
it’s not a good place for a 60-year-old billionaire.
所以他们问警察“你疯了吗 你真的逮捕了他”
And they asked the police, “Are you crazy? Are you arresting him?”
警察说“我们不知道他是谁
They’re like, “We didn’t know who he was,
但我们发现他在商店里到处闲逛”
and we found him crawling around the floors of stores.”
警察问他在干什么
They asked him what he was doing,
他说“我只是在用卷尺测量过道的宽度
and he’s like, “I was just measuring how wide the aisles were with a tape measurer.
我想弄清楚这些巴西人是否知道
I was trying to figure out if these Brazilians knew
一些我不知道的事”
something that I didn’t know.”
你会认为他作为一个亿万富翁太狂妄了
Already a billionaire. You’d think he’d be cocky.
你看 每个人都想要美满的生活
You see, everybody wants the good life,
但不是每个人都愿意像沃尔顿一样谦虚
but not everybody’s willing to be humble like Sam Walton was.
但你必须要谦虚
You have to be humble.
下一个 毅力
Next, perseverence.
媒体使我们感到不安
The media has tricked us.
他们只向我们展示最后的成功 但比尔·盖茨从12岁开始努力
They only show us the success at the end, but Bill Gates started at 12.
直到31岁才成为亿万富翁
It wasn’t until 31 years old that he was a billionaire.
他说他20岁到30岁从不休假一天都没有
He said from age 20 to 30, he never took a day off. Not even one.
你必须坚持
You must persevere,
在寻找导师的过程中 你也必须坚持不懈
and in your search for mentors you must persevere, as well.
我很幸运能与
I’ve been lucky to become friends
世界顶级房地产投资者之一做朋友
with one of the top real estate investors in the world.
我问“你从什么时候开始努力”
I said, “How did you get started?”
他说“在我19岁的时候 我决定开始我的房地产生意
He said, “Back when he was 19, I decided I wanted to do real estate.
我住的地方是一个小镇 但那有一个非常厉害的开发商
I lived in a little town, but there was one developer who was pretty good.
所以我去了开发商办公室 见到了秘书
So I went down to the developer’s office. I met the secretary.
我说‘我想见一见这个开发商’
I said, ‘I’d like to meet this developer.’
秘书说‘抱歉 他很忙 没有时间见你’
She said, ‘Sorry. He’s a busy man. He doesn’t have time to meet you.'”
第二天他又去了 秘书又把他赶了出来
He said I came back the next day. She turned me away.
来来回回17次
17 times!
在第17次的时候 秘书实在是不耐烦了 她说
He said on the 17th time, the lady felt bad for him and she said,
“有一个方法可以教给你 你就躲在电梯旁的植物后面
“Here’s what you do. Hide behind the plant by the elevator.
当他在工作结束后离开办公室时
When he comes out of his office at the end of the day,
你就跳进电梯里
jump into the elevator.
他没其他的选择只能见你 因为电梯门关上了
And he won’t have a choice. The doors will close.
你有四个楼层的时间让这个家伙相信
And you’ve got four floors to convince this guy
和你谈话是值得的”
that you’re worth talking to.”
我不知道我的朋友后来说了什么 但我知道
I don’t know what my friend said, but he said enough
当他们到了楼下时 他说得足够多了
that when they got to the bottom of the elevator,
开发商说“明天早上在机场等我
that developer said, “Meet me at the airport in the morning.
你可以和我一起做私人飞机去佛罗里达
We’ll go down to my private jet. You can come down with me to Florida.
在那里我会来告诉你我是如何投资旅馆的”
I’ll show you how I invested in hotels down there.”
果然 我的朋友从他的导师那里学到了很多东西
Sure enough, my friend learned from this mentor
后来成为世界上最富有的房地产投资者之一
and became one of the wealthiest real estate investors in the world.
他非常有毅力 你看 每个人都想过好日子
He persevered, because, you see, everybody wants the good life,
但并不是每个人都能坚持到成功
but not everybody’s willing to persevere to get it.
你必须坚持
You must persevere.
下一个 书籍
Next, books.
书籍是隐藏的宝藏
Books you should see as hidden treasure.
认真思考一下
Think about it,
因为我说过 导师非常重要
because as I said, mentors are great in person,
但有些伟大的导师已经死去了
but some of the great mentors are no longer alive –
就像莎士比亚 达尔文 弗洛伊德还有圣雄甘地
Shakespeare, Darwin, Freud, Mahatma Gandhi.
但如果我告诉你这些人就在我家里
But if I told you all those people were in my house
并且他们会在这周六在那里答疑解惑
and they’re going to be there this Saturday answering questions,
我可以让这件神奇的事发生 你会来找我吗
– magically I can make that happen – would you show up at my house?
当然 每个人都可以买一张机票 到加利福尼亚去
Of course everybody would buy a plane ticket and end up in California.
他们就在我家
They are there in my house.
他们在我的书房里 他们也在你的书房里
They’re on my library. They can be in your library, too.
说到山姆·沃尔特
Talking about Sam Walton.
这个身价1600亿的男人
This is a man who made $160 billion for himself,
比其他亿万富翁加起来还富有
more than all the other billionaires, basically, combined.
临终前写了一本书
He wrote a book on his death bed.
有多少人读过
How many people have read it?
悲剧的是没多少商人读过这个缔造了这样
It’s a tragedy that not every businessperson’s read a $5 book
一个商业帝国的人写的书
by a man who built an empire.
这是因为现在的教育体系让人们远离了书籍
It’s because the modern education system has turned people off from books.
你必须改变 让我教你几个技巧
You have to rewire your brain. Let me show you a few quick tricks.
第一:不要把书看做一次性的东西
First thing: stop seeing a book like a one-time event.
把书当做一个朋友
See a book like a friend.
你要一遍一遍地去读它 重复地看它
You read it over and over. You come back.
就像挑朋友 你要挑一些书看
And just like friends, you pick a handful of them.
我建议你选150本书
I recommend you find 150 books.
世界上有很多书 你不可能都读完
There’s 130 million. You can’t read that many.
但你可以一遍一遍地读这150本书
But 150 you can read over and over for the rest of your life.
对于你读书的速度 在哪读
There’s no rule, either, at how fast you have to read them,
也没什么要求 我就设定了自己的步调
at what pace. I set my own pace.
有人问“你是一天读一本书吗”
People say, “How do you read a book a day?”
有时我一周读一本
Sometimes I take a week.
但有时 一本书只有一处或两处值得读
But sometimes, books only have one or two things worth reading.
事实上 大多数书都这样
In fact, most books only have that.
所以在我翻书时
So I’ll flip through the pages.
我喜欢翻三遍
I like to go through it three times.
第一遍时 我读书后的目录
First time, I read the table of contents at the back.
第二遍 我快速地读一遍书
The second time, I go a little faster.
第三遍 我只专注于读其中的一章
The third time, I just focus on one chapter.
把自己看成一个淘金者 寻找那块金子
See yourself like a gold miner just looking for that one nugget.
然后把书放回书架
Then put it back on the shelf.
美国人一年平均买17本书
The average American buys 17 books a year.
大约一个月读一本书 而你应该至少一周读一本书
Maybe reads one a month. You should read at least one book a week,
因为记住 每个人都想要好的生活
because remember, everybody wants the good life,
但并不是每个人都愿意通过阅读去达到这个目的
but not everybody’s willing to read to get it.
你必须大量的阅读
You must read more.
最后 禁欲与享乐
And lastly, stoic versus epicurean.
我读的第一本书是我祖父给我的 有11卷
One of the first books that I read, this 11-set volume I got from my grandfather,
我引述书里的一句话
there was a quote that I wrote down.
“生于忧患 死于安乐”
“A nation is born stoic and dies epicurean.”
禁欲主义者愿意牺牲现在的快乐
Stoics were people willing to sacrifice present pleasure
以换取更好未来
for something better later.
你可能说他们是投资者
You could say they were investors.
享乐主义者更注重活在当下
Epicureans live for now.
他们是消费者
They were consumers.
他们说“你只活一次”
They said, “You only live once.”
有一句老话“如果你在一个房间里
There’s a saying, “If you’re in a room
不知道谁是笨蛋 那你就是那个笨蛋”
and you don’t know who the sucker is, you’re the sucker.”
你绝不会想成为那个笨蛋
You never want to be the sucker.
猜一猜媒体是怎么想的
Guess what the media wants to do.
我可以告诉你 因为我来自好莱坞
I can tell you, I’m from Hollywood.
他们轰炸你 我们平均每天能看到2000条广告
They bombard you. We see on average 2,000 ads a day.
他们试图卖给你一些东西
They’re trying to sell you something.
购买奢侈品的成本扼杀了你的希望
Luxury comes at the cost of killing your hopes,
你的梦想和你的野心
your dreams, your ambitions.
所以坚强一点
So toughen up a little bit.
成为一个禁欲主义者
Be a stoic.
你最后一次一周内没吃糖是在什么时候
When was the last time you went a week without eating sugar?
或者用走路代替开车去杂货店
Or walked instead of taken a car to get groceries?
或做完100个俯卧撑
Or did 100 push-ups?
再或关掉空调
Or turned the air conditioning off?
锻炼自己 冲一个冷水澡
Toughen yourself up. Take a cold shower.
每个人都想要好生活 但不是每个人能足够坚强
Everybody wants, but not everybody toughens up to get the good life.
你必须坚强起来
You must toughen up.
在结束时
So in closing,
我把我最爱的诗分享给你们 来自特库姆塞酋长
I’ll share with you my favorite poem, Chief Tecumseh.
他说
He says,
“热爱你的生命
“Love your life.
健全你的生命
Perfect your life.
让生命中的一切事物更加美丽
Beautify all things in your life.
乞求生命的长久
Seek to make your life long,
并去服务你的人民”
and its purpose in the service of your people.”
你的导师可以帮助你
Mentors will help you do that.
他们是你成功的捷径
They are the shortcut that you want.
你不会想走一条艰难的路
You don’t want to do it the hard way.
找到一个导师 无论你刚刚启程
Find a mentor, no matter if you’re just starting out
还是已到半路
or if you’re already experienced.
你总会学到些什么
There’s always someone to learn from.
你必须遵循规则
You must follow those rules.
谦逊 毅力 阅读 坚强
Be humble. Persevere. Read more. Toughen up.
记住 你的路会有点难
Remember, it’s going to be a little bit hard.
就像汤姆·汉克斯在电影里说的
It’s like Tom Hanks says in that one movie,
“它就应该很难
“It’s supposed to be hard.
正因为难 它才是最好的”
The hard is what makes it great.”
如果你去做了这些事情 你将会找到美好的生活
If you do these things, you will find the good life.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
(喝彩)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

通往美好人生的捷径:谦虚、坚持、阅读、坚强

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

菲?

审核员

L

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bB_fVDlvhc

相关推荐