ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我为什么过着零浪费的生活? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我为什么过着零浪费的生活?

Why I live a zero waste life | Lauren Singer | TEDxTeen

最好的想法往往是最简单的
一个简单的想法能够改变一切
This is all of the trash that I’ve produced in the past 3 years.
这是我过去3年内制造的所有垃圾
When I say that,
每当我这么说的时候
people think that I’m crazy, or that I’m lying,
人们都认为我疯了 或者我在撒谎
or they’ll ask me questions like:
他们甚至会问我这样的问题
“Hey, so, how do you wipe your butt?”
“嘿 所以你是怎么擦屁股的?”
[Laughter]
[笑声]
I live a zero waste lifestyle,
我过着一种零浪费的生活方式
and I have for the past 3 years.
过去三年一直如此
Now, zero waste, that’s a pretty big idea, right?
零浪费是一个非常宽泛的概念 对吧?
So let me define it for you.
因此 让我为你给它下个定义
To me living zero waste means that I don’t make any trash.
对我来言 零浪费的生活意味着不产生任何垃圾
So no sending anything to landfill,
不用往垃圾填埋场扔任何东西
no sending anything in a garbage can,
不用往垃圾桶里扔任何东西
and no spitting gum on the ground, and walking away, right?
也不用朝地上吐口香糖然后走开 对吧?
No trash.
没有垃圾
This is a big concept, and this all started
这是个很宽泛的概念 这一切开始于
when I was an environmental study student at NYU.
当我还是纽约大学环境学专业的学生时
My senior year, I was taking a course
大四那年 我参加了一门课程
called: “The Environmental Studies Capstone course”,
叫做《高级环境研究》
which is the culminating course
这是大学的最后一门课程
that all environmental study students need to take
环境学专业的学生都要选修这门课
in order to go out into the world,
为的是更好地步入社会
and make it a more sustainable place.
并让地球成为一个更加可持续发展的地方
Well, there was a girl in this class,
这门课上有一个女孩
and every class she would have this big plastic bag,
每节课她都会带一个这么大的塑料袋
with a plastic clamshell full of food,
里面有装满食物的塑料盒
a plastic fork and knife, a plastic water bottle,
一副塑料刀叉 一个塑料水瓶
and a plastic bag a chips, and she would eat all of this,
一袋塑料包装的薯条 她会把这些全都吃掉
and then class after class, we just throw it in the trash.
一节课接着一节课 我们只能把包装扔到垃圾桶里
Now, this was really frustrating,
这真的很令人沮丧
because here we were these environmental study students
因为在座的我们都是环境学专业的学生
trying to make the world a better place,
都在努力让这个世界变得更美好
and there she was throwing all this stuff into the garbage.
可在那里 她正把所有的东西扔进垃圾桶
One day after class,
有一天下课后
feeling still particularly upset about watching her throw everything away,
看到她扔掉那么多垃圾时 我仍特别沮丧
I went home to make dinner, and I opened my fridge,
回到家中做晚餐时 我打开了冰箱
and noticed something that I had never seen before.
注意到了一些我之前从未看到的东西
Every single thing in my fridge
冰箱里面的每样东西
was in one way or another packaged in plastic,
都是以这种或那种方式用塑料包装着
and I couldn’t believe it.
我简直不敢相信
You know I was getting so mad at this girl
你知道的 我对这个女孩很生气
for making so much plastic trash,
因为她制造了如此多的塑料垃圾
and it turns out that I was just as bad.
然而事实证明 我和她一样差劲
I was that girl, and so I made a decision in that moment.
我就是那个女孩 那一刻我做了一个决定
I was going to stop using plastic.
我要停止使用塑料
Well, quitting plastic.
是的 停止使用塑料
[Laughter]
[笑声]
not so easy of a thing, right?
不是一件容易的事 对吧?
When you think about your everyday life,
你想一想每天的生活
when you wake up in the morning, go into the bathroom,
当你在早上醒来 走进浴室
and you brush your teeth.
然后开始刷牙
What is your toothbrush made out of?
你的牙刷是拿什么做的?
– Plastic. – Plastic.
– 塑料 – 塑料
What is your toothpaste probably packaged in?
你的牙膏可能是拿什么包装的?
Plastic.
塑料
Your face wash, your moisturizer, your contact solution.
你的洗面奶 润肤霜 面膜
So many things that are in our everyday lives come packaged in plastic,
日常生活中的很多东西都是用塑料包装的
and so I realized that if I was going to move away from plastic,
所以我意识到 如果想要远离塑料
the only way that I was going to do that
我能实现的唯一方法
was to learn how to make my products myself.
就是自己学习如何制造生活用品
Well, I don’t know about you,
我不知道你们的情况怎么样
but I certainly didn’t know how to make deodorant.
但是我对制作除臭剂毫无头绪
I didn’t have the recipe just hanging out in my back pocket,
我也没有把制作方法放在我的后兜里
and so I realized that I had to do some research,
所以我意识到自己必须做一些调查
and while I was doing research online,
当我在网上搜索调查的时候
I came across a blog
我偶然发现了一个博客
called the”Zero Waste Home” started by a woman named Bea Johnson
由Bea Johnson女士创建 叫做“零浪费之家”
who is a wife, and mother of two kids,
她是一位妻子 也是两个孩子的母亲
out in Mill Valley, California,
居住在加利福尼亚的米尔谷
and the 4 of them live a completely zero waste life.
她们四人过的完全是一种零浪费的生活
When I learned about Bea, and her family,
当我了解到Bea和她家人的生活后
my mind was completely blown.
我完全被震撼到了
I thought that I was doing the best thing for the planet
我想我能为这个星球做的最好的事情
by not using any plastic.
就是不再使用任何塑料
But the idea that I didn’t have to produce any trash,
不再制造任何垃圾的想法
was so empowering, and so inspiring,
是如此的强烈和振奋人心
and it made perfect sense, right?
并且它非常有意义 对吧?
Because I was this Environmental Studies student,
因为我是环境学专业的学生
I cared about the environment,
我关心环境
studied sustainability, talked about sustainability, protested for sustainability.
研究和谈论可持续发展 并为其抗议
But I realized,
但我意识到
that I wasn’t actually implementing any of those values into my day-to-day life,
自己并没有把这些价值观落实到日常生活中
and so I made the decision to go zero waste.
因此 我决定过零浪费的生活
Let me break it down for you,
我给大家详细解释一下
and tell you some of the things that I did
告诉你一些我做过的事情
in order to make this transition a little easier.
方便你们理解
The first thing that I did was I stopped buying packaged food.
我做的第一件事 就是停止购买包装食品
So instead of going to the store, and buying things
所以 我不再去商店购买
packaged in paper, and glass, and plastic,
用纸 玻璃和塑料包装的东西
I started bringing my own jars, and bags
我开始带着自己的罐子和袋子
to the store to fill with bulk, or package-free items.
去商店购买散装 或者没有包装的东西
I also started buying my fruit and vegetables from the farmer’s market.
我也开始从农贸市场购买水果和蔬菜
So, package-free.
这样就没有包装了
The second thing that I started doing was
我开始做的第二件事就是
I started making all of my own products.
开始亲手制作自己所有的生活用品
Before I started living this lifestyle,
在我开始采用这种生活方式之前
my boyfriend at the time, used to brush his teeth using baking soda,
那时候 我的男友常用小苏打来刷牙
and I thought he was probably the grossest person in the entire world. Right?
我认为他大概是世界上最恶心的人了 对吧?
There’s no way that you can get your teeth clean
你没法用小苏打这样的东西
using something like baking soda, it’s gross.
刷干净牙齿 太恶心了
Well, fast-forward, and it turns out that the first product that I made
好吧 快进一下 结果我做的第一件东西
was toothpaste, made with baking soda.
就是用小苏打制作的牙膏
So over time, I started making all of my own products.
随着时间的推移 我开始制作所有的生活用品
When I would run out of something,
当我用完某样东西时
instead of going to the store, and buying a new one,
与其去商店买一个全新的
I would learn how to make it myself.
我更愿意自己学着如何制作
So when I would run out of lotion,
当我的润肤乳用完之后
I learned how to make it myself.
我就学着制作润肤乳
Run out of deodorant, learn how to make it myself.
除臭剂用完之后 我就学着制作除臭剂
Over time, all of the things I had previously purchased,
随着时间的推移 我以前购买的所有东西
were now, ones that I made myself.
现在都可以自己制作
The third thing that I started doing, was shopping second-hand.
我开始做的第三件事是购买二手物品
So instead of buying new clothing,
比起购买新衣服
and putting new waste into the waste cycle,
然后把新的浪费带到废物循环中
I would buy things that were totally recycled, second-hand.
我会购买完全可回收利用的二手物品
So not making any new trash.
这样就不会产生任何新垃圾
The fourth thing that I did was I downsized.
我做的第四件事是精简自己的生活物品
So I focused on having only the things that were truly necessary,
我把注意力集中在那些真正必要的
and that I really needed.
和我确实需要的东西上
Well this was really really hard
这个真的很难
because I’m the kind of person who’s really sentimental,
因为我是偏执型的人
and I can tell you as to why a toothpick needs to be in my life.
我可以告诉你 为什么我的生活中需要有牙签
But after I really got through that process,
但在我经历了这个过程之后
and I completely downsized,
我彻底精简了自己的生活用品
I realized that I had so many fewer things in my life
我意识到 我生活中的东西变得更少了
my home was less cluttered, and everything with easier to clean
我的家变得更加整洁 一切都变得更容易清理
And when you have fewer things
当你拥有的东西变少之后
you realize that you take better care of them. Right?
你就会更好地照顾它们 不是吗?
When you take better care of your things
当你想更好地照顾自己的东西时
you don’t have this mentality like:
就不会有这样的心态
“If I don’t want this anymore,
“如果我不想要这件东西了
I’ll just throw it out and I get a new thing later.”
那就把它丢掉 然后再弄个新的”
No, I only had a few things
不 我现在拥有的东西很少
and so I took care of them,
所以我会好好照顾它们
and wasn’t sending anything to the landfill.
不会把任何东西送到垃圾填埋场
All this must sound pretty difficult, right?
所有的这些听起来都很难做到 对吧?
I assure you, it’s not that hard.
但是我向你保证 这并不难
I’m just an average, lazy person,
我只是个平凡而懒惰的人
and I wouldn’t live this lifestyle if it was difficult.
如果这很难的话 我也不会过着这种生活方式
In fact, the benefits of living this lifestyle
事实上 这种生活方式的好处
far outweigh any of the negatives that you can imagine.
远远超过任何你能想象到的负面因素
The first benefit is that I save money.
第一个好处就是省钱
So I save money when I buy my food and the products
当我在买食物和生活用品时 我能够省钱
and when I make my own products,
当我自己制作生活用品时
because I’m not paying for the embedded cost a packaging,
我不用支付包装的隐形成本
so things are cheaper.
所以东西就变得便宜一些
I’m also saving money by shopping completely second-hand,
通过购买二手物品 我也能够省钱
because second-hand clothing is usually less expensive than new clothing.
因为二手衣服通常比新衣服便宜
I’m also saving money because I’ve downsized.
通过精简生活用品 我也省了一些钱
I don’t go shopping all the time now
我现在一直都不去购物
and you know just buy things on impulse.
避免冲动消费
I only have what I really need.
我只拥有我真正需要的东西
The second benefit is that I eat better.
第二个好处就是我吃得更好了
When I go shopping now
当我现在去购物时
I don’t have the option to buy processed food products, package-free,
不买加工过的食物或带包装的东西
and so now my diet consists of things like fresh fruit and vegetables, or bulk,
因此 我现在的饮食包括新鲜水果和蔬菜 或是散装食品
you know, grains and nuts that I buy with my jars and my bags.
我会用自己的瓶子和袋子购买谷物和坚果
And so when you eat better, you feel better.
当你吃得更好时 感觉也会更好
I noticed that over these past few years, my weight has stabilized,
过去的几年中 我注意到自己的体重稳定了下来
I have more energy, I need less sleep,
精力更加充沛 需要的睡眠也更少
and when you’re eating better, and you feel better,
当你吃得更好 感觉更好
and you save money, you’re happier.
省下了钱 你也会更加开心
But besides those things,
除了那些事情之外
I’m happier because for the first time in my life,
我更加开心是因为我在人生中第一次
I’m living in direct alignment with my values.
过着与我价值观相符的生活
And why is this important? Right? Waste.
为什么这很重要?对吧?因为浪费
Well, waste is a really big problem.
浪费真的是一个很严重的问题
In fact the average American person produces approximately 4.4 pounds of trash
事实上 在过去的一年里
per person per day over the course of a year,
美国人每日人均产生约4.4磅垃圾
that’s like taking 8.5 of your best friends,
这就好像把你8.5个最好的朋友
and throwing them in the trash.
扔到垃圾筒里面
[Laughter]
[笑声]
Don’t do that, it’s not nice.
不要这样做 这样不好
So, if you care about your friends,
所以 如果你关心自己的朋友
and you don’t throw them away,
就不会把他们扔掉
and you think that it’s possible for you
你会觉得减少垃圾
to possibly reduce how much trash you’re producing,
是可以做到的
I have 3 simple steps for you.
我有三个简单的步骤给你
The first step is to actually look at your trash,
第一步就是好好看一看你的垃圾
and understand what it is.
了解它们是什么
Because you can’t solve a problem of having a lot of waste
因为只有你了解了它是什么
until you know what is it.
你才能够解决过度浪费问题
So when I did this exercise,
当我这样做的时候
I realized that I had 3 main sources of trash.
我意识到自己有三个主要的垃圾来源
The first was food packaging,
第一个是食品包装
and so I learned how to shop in bulk or package-free.
所以我学会了如何购买散装 或者无包装食品
The second was product packaging,
第二个是产品包装
and so I learned how to make all of my own products.
因此我学会了自己制作所有的生活用品
And the third was organic food waste,
第三个是厨余垃圾
and so I learned how to compost.
因此我学会了如何堆肥
And just by identifying those 3 sources of waste and eliminating them,
仅通过识别和消灭这三种垃圾来源
I have reduced my trash by about 90%.
我减少了大约90%的垃圾
The second thing that I’d like to suggest is picking at the low-hanging fruit.
我建议做的第二件事是做不费力气的事情
So doing little things, one-time changes in your everyday life
做好每一件小事 日常生活中的每一次改变
that have a large-scale, and long-term positive impact.
最终都会带来大规模的长期的积极影响
This includes things like using a reusable bag
这包括使用可重复利用的袋子
instead of a plastic or paper bag.
而不是塑料袋 或者纸袋子
Or using a stainless steel, or glass water bottle,
使用不锈钢或玻璃水瓶
instead of buying plastic water bottles.
而不是购买塑料水瓶
Over the course of however long,
不管这个过程要多久
you realize that these little changes actually add up,
你会意识到这些小小的改变累积起来
and make a big difference.
会带来大大的影响
The third thing that I’d like to suggest is the DIY
我建议做的第三件事是自己动手
or actually learning how to make your products yourself.
或者真正学会如何制作自己的生活用品
Now I absolutely love doing this
现在我非常喜欢做这些
because when you go to a store,
因为当你走进一家商店
and you have to buy products
你不得不购买一些生活用品
you kind of have to settle and accept them as they are. Right?
你必须解决它们的问题和接受它们的样子 对吧?
If you don’t like the way they smell, too bad.
如果你不喜欢它们的味道 那太糟糕了
If you don’t like the way they feel, sorry.
如果你不喜欢它们的感觉 那对不起了
If you don’t like what they’re packaged in, you don’t have a choice.
如果你不喜欢它们的包装 你也别无选择
But for me, since I make all my own products,
但对我来言 因为是我自己制作生活用品
If I don’t like the way they smell, I change the scent.
如果我不喜欢它们的味道 我就更换气味
If I don’t like the ingredients in them, I change it.
如果我不喜欢它们的成分 我就更换成分
If I don’t like the packaging, it’s my choice.
如果我不喜欢包装 这是我自己的选择
And so by making my own products,
通过自己制作生活用品
I have complete control over what I’m putting in my body.
我可以完全控制用在自己身上的东西
Now I started living this lifestyle while I was still in college.
在学校时我就已经开始过着这种生活方式
And when I graduated, I had a real job,
毕业之后 我找到了一份真正的工作
a real-person job in sustainability,
一份关于可持续发展的工作
which is exactly what you’d think I’d want to be doing. right?
而这正是你认为我想做的 对吧?
Well, at the same time I was still running my blog “Trash is for tossers”
同时 我还运营着自己的博客“垃圾是给蠢蛋的”
and I noticed that I was getting a recurring question,
我注意到 我遇到了一个反复出现的问题
and it went something like this:
就像这样
“Dear Lauren, I absolutely love the products that you’re making,
“亲爱的劳伦 我简直爱死你做的东西了
and I too want truly natural products.
我真心地想要纯天然的生活用品
But because of life, family, friends, blah, blah, blah, blah,
可是由于生活 家庭 朋友等等原因
I just don’t have time to make them myself.
我没有时间来亲手制作它们
Do you have any product that I can buy that are equivalent?
我可以买到跟你制作出来同样的用品吗?
Thanks for your help. Lots of love. Person XYZ.”
谢谢你的帮助 爱你的某某某”
So I went to stores, and I started looking at products,
因此 我去到商店开始看生活用品
and while I found that they were beauty products
我发现美容产品
that were reminiscent of the ones that I was making myself,
和我自己制作的差不多
I didn’t notice the same trend for cleaning products.
但清洁产品就不一样
When I looked at the ingredients of cleaning products,
当我看到清洁产品的成分时
even the”natural” cleaning products
即使是那些“天然”的清洁产品
contained ingredient that were really harmful.
也包含一些十分有害的成分
Things that were carcinogenic, and endocrine-disruptive.
这些成分具有致癌性 会导致内分泌紊乱
You know, when I looked into it further,
当我展开进一步调查后
I learned that cleaning product manufacturers
我了解到这些清洁产品制造商
aren’t even legally required to disclose the ingredients of their products
甚至都没有合法地在他们的产品包装上
on the product packaging,
注明产品成分
and so when we go and buy a product,
所以 当我们去购买某种产品时
we’re at the complete mercy of the company,
我们完全是在任由厂商摆布
hoping that they have our best interest in mind.
盼着他们关心我们的权益
I feel that we, as consumers,
我觉得自己作为消费者
have a right to products that are transparent
有权知道产品的全部信息
and that aren’t bad for us,
知道产品对我们是无害的
and so I started thinking about my own products,
因此 我开始思考自己做的产品
the ones that I’ve been making for years.
那些我已经制作了多年的产品
That are safe, and effective,
它们安全 有效
and have ingredients that I use to do things
包括我用来刷牙
like brush my teeth, or make salad dressing.
或做沙拉酱的东西
And I realized that I had an opportunity,
我发现这是个机会
and so I quit my job, and started a company.
因此 我辞职创办了一家公司
Because I feel like we, as human beings,
因为我觉得 作为人类
have a right to products that are safe for our homes, and our bodies, and the environment.
有权选择对我们家庭 身体和环境无害的产品
I get comments all the time, that I’m doing this for attention.
我一直有收到评论 说我这样做是为了博人眼球
But I live this lifestyle for myself.
但是我是为了自己而过着这种生活
I would never tell anyone how to live
我从不会告诉任何人该如何生活
or how much trash that they should produce.
或者他们应该制造多少垃圾
I just want to provide tools,
我只想通过我的博客和事业
through my blog and my business,
来提供一些途径
for people, who like me,
给那些像我一样的人
want to reduce how much trash they’re producing.
那些想要减少自己垃圾产量的人们
I live a zero waste lifestyle, because to me,
我过着零浪费的生活 因为对我来说
it’s the best way I know, how to live a life
它是我知道的最佳生活方式
that aligns with everything that I believe in.
一切都与我信仰的东西契合
And what’s the point. Right?
那意义是什么呢?
I’m just one person. What difference can I make?
我只是一个人 我能带来多大的改变?
The point is simple:
意义十分简单
I want to be remembered for the things that I did while I was on this planet,
我想要被这个星球记住 是因为我制作的东西
and not for the trash that I left behind.
而不是我留下的垃圾
Thank you.
谢谢大家
[Applause]
[掌声]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

视频女主讲述了自己过着零浪费生活的原因、好处,以及如何过着零浪费的生活。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

三十四

审核员

审核员DY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF72px2R3Hg

相关推荐