未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么我喜欢独自旅行

Why I Like Traveling By Myself

Improvement Pill here!
这里是《激励胶囊》!
The last time I came back to my hometown in New York city,
最近一次回到纽约老家
a good friend of mine made a really witty remark.
我一好哥们儿道出金句
He said: “You know, it’s almost like you are visiting New York
他说:“你知道吗 每次你回纽约
every time you come back,
都像是来旅游的
because you are never here.”
因为你常年在外”
And this made me chuckle because it’s kind of true.
我笑了 因为这是事实
Over the course of the last two years,
过去两年中
I’ve traveled to over a dozen or so different countries,
我去过十多个不同国家
spending anywhere from two weeks to two months
短则呆上两周 长则两个月
in each location almost always by myself, and I love it.
每次都是独自一人 我很享受这种状态
I personally believe that
我个人坚信
it’s a very powerful experience that everyone should try out,
这是每个人都值得一试的震撼体验
especially if you are someone who is interested in self-improvement,
特别是如果你关注个人成长的话
because of a very unique benefit that comes along with it.
因为它会带来独一无二的益处
Let me explain. One of the most overly used pieces of advice
听我解释 在个人成长领域
that I see people throwing around in the self-improvement field is
我常常听到的被过度贩卖的言论之一
to quote unquote “just be yourself”.
就是所谓的“做你自己”
And I couldn’t agree more. You should be yourself.
这我完全同意 我们应该做自己
But do you even know who you truly are?
但你真的清楚自己是谁吗?
See, from the moment you were born into this world,
想想看 从出生那刻起
you are pressured to act in a certain way.
你就被迫照章行事
Almost like an actor who is forced to play a certain role in a movie.
就像电影里被迫扮演某一角色的演员
Your parents, teachers and childhood friends
你的父母 老师和发小
all pressure you to act this way and that way.
各方压力迫使你这样那样表现
They transfer their ideas and expectations onto you.
他们把自己的意志和期望强加在你身上
And because of this,
正因如此
you develop a certain personality,
你才形成了某种人格
or as I like to call it, you put on a certain mask.
或如我所说 你带上了某个面具
Now, the problem here isn’t the mask.
不过现在的问题不在于面具
Everyone wears a mask. It’s normal.
人人都戴着面具 这很正常
It’s how you act, your values, your beliefs.
那是你的行为 价值观 信仰
It’s essentially the role you play in this movie of yours called life.
本质上就是你在个人生活电影中的角色
The problem is: is this really the right mask for you?
问题是:你现在戴的面具真的适合你吗?
Is this the role you are truly meant to play in your movie?
这是你在个人电影中本该扮演的角色吗?
Is this who you truly are?
这真的是你吗?
I don’t think so,
我想不是
because there are literally hundreds of different masks out there,
因为有数百种不同的面具
hundreds of different ways of behaving,
也就有数百种不同的行为方式
and the only way you can really figure out who you really are
而你要想真正弄清楚自己是谁
is by trying on as many masks as possible
只能靠尽可能尝试不同的面具
by playing different roles and seeing what components of each role
通过扮演不同角色来发现各个角色中
you genuinely enjoy and combine them all together.
你由衷喜欢的部分 再把这些组合起来
For example, let’s say you’re an actor who has spent his entire career
举个例子 假如你是个演员
only playing the role of the funny pothead in movies.
毕生只扮演滑稽的瘾君子角色
How would he know for sure that
他如何确定
this is the role he enjoys playing the most.
这就是他最喜欢的角色呢
Unless he’s tried out other roles.
除非他尝试过其他角色
What if it turns out he actually enjoys playing the more serious roles?
要是他发现自己其实喜欢更严肃的角色呢?
He would never know unless he gives those a shot.
如果不尝试他永远不会知道
What I’m trying to say is that
我要说的是
it’s extremely important for you to try on different masks,
尝试不同面具相当重要
so that you can figure out who you truly are.
这样你才能真正认识自己
The problem is it’s hard to try on a new mask
问题是当你处于一成不变的环境中
when you are in an environment that doesn’t change,
当你一直在演同一部影片
when you’ve been acting in the same movie.
要尝试新面具很难
Right? It’s hard for an actor who’s playing a certain character
不是吗?在一部影片里
to drastically change in that same movie.
饰演某一角色的演员性情大变是很难的
For example, the Johnny Depp who plays
比如在《加勒比海盗》中
Jack Sparrow the Pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean
饰演海盗杰克·斯派洛的约翰尼·德普
can’t suddenly change into the Johnny Depp
不可能在同一部影片里突然变成
who plays Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber in the same movie.
《理发师陶德》中的斯温尼·陶德
That wouldn’t make any sense.
这说不通
The viewers would be confused.
观众会不解
That movie would get horrible ratings.
影评将不堪入目
The same principle applies in real life.
现实生活也同理
If you’re someone who has been known as the shy, nerdy guy his entire life,
如果你一直是腼腆 无趣的人
and you suddenly decide, okay,
然后突然决定 好
now I’m going to be the outgoing and charismatic guy,
我现在要成为外向且魅力十足的人
you are going to face a lot of backlash.
那你将遭到很多强烈反对
Your friends, family and coworkers aren’t used to you acting this way.
你的朋友 家人和同事都不习惯你的变化
So the moment they see you attempting to put on a new mask,
所以他们一发现你试图换上一副新面具
they’ll say things like,
就会说
“Why are you acting so weird?
“你咋这么奇怪?”
“Are you high?”
“你磕嗨了吗?”
“Stop trying so hard.”
“别费劲了”
which will make it very hard for you to continue trying out this new role.
这会给你继续尝试新角色带来重重阻碍
But the worst offender of all is going to be yourself.
不过最大的打压者是你自己
You’re going to feel as if you are faking it.
你会觉得自己在作秀
This is where the Imposter Syndrome comes from.
这就是冒名顶替综合征的由来
If your environment hasn’t changed at all,
假如你的周围环境
if the setting and all the characters in your movie are still the same,
个人电影中的设定和所有人物都保持不变
then it’s gonna be very hard for you to act differently
那么改变就会很艰难
because you feel like you are supposed to
因为你会觉得在这部影片中
play the shy guy in this movie.
自己就应该是羞涩的角色
It’s not impossible for you to change in these situations,
这种情况下改变也并非不可能
but it will take a long time
但时间成本很高
and it will be an uphill battle.
这将是一场逆境战
Now, on the other hand, when you travel by yourself,
但是当你独自旅行时
all of these limitations go out the window.
所有这些限制就统统不存在了
When you are in a distant land where the setting is different,
当你身处远方 周围环境变了
where all the characters are different
人物角色也都变了
where, heck, even the language is different,
甚至语言也不同了
you are essentially in another movie.
你基本上就进入了另一部影片
And because of this, you can put on any mask you want.
正因如此 你可以随心所欲戴上新面具
You can play a new role
扮演另一种角色
without having to face any backlash what so ever
而不会遭到任何强烈反对
because no one knows you.
因为没人认识你
So whatever you present yourself as initially, they’ll believe.
所以无论你一开始如何展现自己 他们都信服
They’ll think to themselves,
他们会想
“Oh, okay, now this guy right here is obviously an outgoing person.”
“哦 这个家伙显然是个外向的人”
They’ll actually start to think it’s weird
如果你换回从前的面具
if you choose to revert back to your previous mask.
他们才会觉得奇怪
They’ll say things like,
他们会说
“Why are you acting so shy and reserved today?”
“你今天咋这么害羞内向?”
“Is there something wrong?”
“出啥事了吗?”
And this form of pressure will actually push you to stick to your new role.
而这种压力将鞭策你坚持新角色
I personally found it extremely easy to
我个人发现在异国他乡
try on new masks,
尝试新面具
to act in very different ways
扮演另一迥异的角色
when I was overseas in foreign countries.
非常简单
And because of that,
正因如此
I was able to learn so much about who I truly was as a person.
我能够深切地了解真正的自己
And the best part about this is
而最棒的一点是
when you finally come home from your trip,
当你最终旅行回来
you’ll take some of those things you’ve learned
你会把旅途中学到的
from your travels and bring them back with you,
一些东西运用在生活上
and people you know actually won’t be too surprised if you do.
而你认识的人对此不会太过惊讶
Right? It’s kind of expected that
不是吗?旅行回来
you return from a trip slightly different.
有些许变化是意料中的事
They might say something like,
他们也许会说
“Oh, you act a bit more mature now.”
“哦 你现在更成熟了”
But in reality, it’s not that.
而事实并非如此
It’s just that you know who you truly are now.
你只是更了解自己了
Now, some of you might be wondering, Improvement Pill,
现在 有人也许会问 激励胶囊
how do you afford to travel so often?
你哪来那么多钱经常旅行?
Funny enough, most my flights are actually free.
有趣的是 我多数机票都是免费的
See, I take advantage of credit card sign-on bonus
看 我用了信用卡开卡奖励
which is something you can too if your credit scores are good enough,
如果你信用评分够高 那你也可以
which brings me to the sponsors of today’s video – experian.
这就要说到本视频的赞助商――益百利
In order to qualify for some of the best credit cards out there,
为了取得申请最优信用卡资格
the one with the best sign-on bonuses,
即开卡奖励最高的卡
you need to have pretty good credit scores.
你要有良好的信用评分
You might be thinking, “Are my credit scores good enough?
你可能在想“我的信用评分够了吗?
How can I even establish credit?”
怎么建立个人信用?”
And that’s where Experian and their free product
这就是益百利及其免费
Experian Boost comes into play.
增信产品发挥其价值所在
Experian Boost works by giving you credit via utility bills
该产品根据你用银行卡缴纳的水电账单
that you’re probably already paying through your bank account.
累计你的信用评分
Things like water, gas, electric, cable,
例如水 煤气 电 有线电视
and even your cell phone plan.
甚至包括手机套餐
It can potentially help you establish credit
这会帮你建立个人信用
or even increase your access to credit.
甚至提高信贷可得性
It’s safe, secure, and 100% free.
安全 可靠 绝对免费
No credit card required.
无需信用卡
If you want to boost your FICO score instantly for absolutely free,
如果你想立刻免费提高FICO评分
go to www.Experian.com/improvementpill
请访问网站www.Experian.com/improvementpill
or click on the link in the description box below
或点击下方说明中的链接
to potentially build up your credit today.
今天就能建立个人信用体系
Now a very important disclosure about credit cards:
关于信用卡还有一点重要说明:
they are a tool and a privilege.
信用卡是工具和福利
You should never use your credit cards
你绝不应该
to buy things that you don’t need
为了获得开卡奖励
in an attempt to get sign-on bonuses.
而用信用卡进行多余的消费
Please use them responsibly.
请理智使用信用卡
Besides that, guys, stay tuned.
好了 朋友们 下期见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频用生动形象的比喻和讲解阐述了独自旅行的好处,即认识自己

听录译者

oxw

翻译译者

YXG-ab8e8

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY7BT_ncdo

相关推荐