未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么只有某些人会成功?

Why Do Only Certain People Become Successful?

今日事 今日思
-Book of the day,thought of the day,
马尔科姆 格拉德维尔的《出类拔萃的人》
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.
是一本我喜欢的 让人惊艳的书
Amazing book and my favoriteby Malcolm Gladwell.
现在我仍然在挪威 我的度假屋中
I’m still here in Norway,also,in my vacation home.
外面的风景如诗如画
Look how pretty it is out there.
我之前在思考(叹气)
I was thinking(sighs)
思考我为什么这么钟爱这本书
and wondering why ilike this book so much.
我觉得 是它让我茅塞顿开
And I think it’s because it reinforces a thought.
当你有了自己独特的思想
whenever you have a thought on your own and
之后你从某个地方读到这本书 我想你会更喜欢它
then you read it somewhere Ithink you like the book more.
这也是为什么 我们在社会中学者更热衷于研究普通人
And that is why do we as asociety study average so much.
因为 每一片科学报道中 你都会看到
Because every scientificreport you’ll see will be like
“普通人一天睡八个小时”
‘The average personsleeps eight hours a day,’
“普通人 你懂得 就是拥有一份高薪职业”
‘The average person, you know,who has a high-paying job
以前肯定上了很久的大学”
went to college this many years.’
那 除了这些普通人呢
But forget average.
你肯定还想研究 那些出类拔萃的人
What you wanna do is study the outliers,
而这本书可以告诉你
and that’s why the book is called Outliers.
向那些出类拔萃的人学习和向普通人学习有什么不同
What do exceptional people do differently?
你研究普通人 你最终也不过是普通人
You study average,you end up with average.
所以这本书对一个顶级富人做了一个研究
So in the book he studies,you know,
那个富人是个律师
top rags to riches stories,lawyers,he studies a guy
他拥有世界上最高的智商 却没能在成功路上走得很远
who has the highest IQ inthe world, but didn’t get far
或者说没有走到他理应达到的高度
or probably as far as he should have,
没能真正挖掘自己的潜能
didn’t reach his potential.
这本书讲述了各种各样的奇异事例
And he uncovers all kinds of amazing.
我不知道它是不是真有科学依据这本书说了
I don’t know if it’s pure science, the book,
一些轶事 比方说
some of it’s obviously anecdotal,but for example
幸运值大小对成功有很大影响当然不是你想的那种运气
luck plays a big role butnot luck like you think.
比如说你幸运的出生在一个富有的家庭里
Luck about things like beingborn to a wealthier family
这对你有帮助 但是存在其他因素可以削弱
does help,but there’s otherfactors that can mitigate
这个优势 我们来换个例子 你家境贫寒
against being born,let’s say you were born in poverty,
比如我是由单亲母亲养大的所以这种几率
I was born to a single mom,and so the odds somewhat are
多多少少会影响到你 并且这本书对这方面做了细致研究
against you, and he examinesthe fine line between
就是我们所说的气运 你出生在一个富裕的家庭
what we call luck,like beingborn into a rich family,
比如说是比尔盖茨的孩子或者其他的 那么
Bill Gates’s kids or something, and then
你就有了投机取巧的可能 我这么觉得
having opportunistic luck,that’s what i call it.
所以说 如果你出生的时候很健康
So for example,if you’re born healthy,
那你就是幸运的
that’s lucky.
但如果你没有好好利用这个机会
But if you don’t takeadvantage of the opportunity,
那么你的运气就白白浪费了
it’s all for nothing.
我想一些人会简单的给家庭出身下定论
I think some people think it’s black and white,
比如你出身不好 你就没有机会
like you’re born unluckyso you have no chance,
或者你出身好 那么
or you’re born lucky and therefore things
机遇触手可得
will automatically come to you.
事实却并不是这样
It’s not really that way.
阿诺德·施瓦辛格的身材使他成为
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s body,you know,
有史以来最传奇的健美者
became the most legendarybodybuilder of all time,
他拥有相配的形体
he had the physique for it.
但是他必须抓住这个机会
But he had to grab the opportunity.
如果他从来没有去锻炼
Had he never worked out ,hewould have just been probably
他可能将仅仅成为一个有壮实的家伙
a kinda stocky dude.
如果爱因斯坦没有投入工作
Albery Einstein,hadhe not put in the work,
他将成长为一个数理导师
he had a math,physics mentor growing up.
比尔盖茨花费102万个小时成为一个少年编程师
Bill Gates spent 10,20,000hours as a teenager programming.
当然他还在足够优秀的学校学习
Sure,he had a schoolthat was wealthy enough
以及出生在足够富裕的家庭
and a family that was wealthy enough
这给了他拥有电脑的机会
to give him that opportunityto have a computer
使得他在电脑没有普及的六七十年代里
back in the 60’s and 70’s when most didn’t,
在拥有电脑的孩子们的这一部分中
but a lot of kids had that
抓住了这个机遇并好好的利用了
and he took that opportunisticluck and ran with it
他坐下用心编程
and sat down and literally programmed
他曾说有时一个周末会编程20小时
for sometimes 20 hours aweekend he said he would do.
这本书中还有更多的内容
So there’s a lot more to this book,
我不会在这一一总结
I’m not gonna give afull summary just cause
因为它是一本好书 你值得自己去读
it’s a good book, youshould read on your own,
但我的感想是无论你是谁
but the takeaway for meis no matter who you are,
你的一生中总会有属于你的运气
there’s some luck to your life
你要努力抓住那个机会
and you’ve gotta grab that opportunity.
它可能 额
It might be,
你知道的 你可能幸运的出生在一个自由的国度
You know,you’re lucky to be bornin a country that’s free
也可能出生在一个令人讨厌的地方
or you might be born in a horrible place
一个对你充满不公的地方
where the odds are all against you
但你要知道你有你的天赋 你可能擅长于足球
but there might be one thing,maybe you’re good at soccer,
你可能擅长于写作 你可能擅长于数学
maybe you’re good at writing,maybe you’re good at math,
你也可能擅长于社交
maybe you’re good socially with people.
然后你要知道 你只需要抓住这个优势
And the good news aboutlife, you only gotta grab one
并且发展这个优势 并足够的出彩
opportunity and magnifyit and get it large enough
那时它足以弥补所有的不足
that it will make up forall those shortcomings
至于我 就像我说的 你纵观我的人生
so for me,like i said,you look at my life statistically,
一个一般人 我还退学了
the average,i haven’t gone to college,
没上过大学的一般人比那些普通人成功的几率要少
so the average person who hasn’t gone to college makes less
我的意思是说普通人
than the average person,i mean the average person
那些上过大学的做得比我
who has gone to collegemakes more than the person
这种辍学的要多但是我并不在意这个普遍情况
like me that dropped out buti didn’t care about average.
我发现出类拔萃的人 例如比尔盖茨 爱因斯坦
I found outliers,BillGates,Einstein dropped out
高中辍学过 同时 另一些如理查德·布兰森
of high school for a little while,Richard Branson,
这样的 你能说出名字的就有一大群的人
all these,you know there’s a long line of people
做过同样的事 例如保罗艾伦
that have done the same thing,Paul Allen.
我说过我们应该强化自己的优势
And i said’Let me magnifysomething i’m lucky in.’
我是一个相当社会性的人 所以我大部分的生意
And i’m a fairly social person,so most of my businesses
本质上一直是社会性的
have always been social in nature
我刚刚放大了一个领域 却忽略了
and i just magnified that onearea ,forgot about the rest
我的那些弱势
that i didn’t have quite as much luck in,
我们生活在一个你所希望的
and we live in a timewhere that’s all you need,
可以自我发展的时代 所以请阅读这本书
one big break so,read the book Outliers.
这真是一本好书
It’s really a good book.
它是Malcolm Gladwell较短的一部作品
It’s one of the shorterMalcolm Gladwell ones.
你也会在书中发现其他一些重点
And you’ll find someother points in there but,
但请留下你的评论 什么是你机会主义上的运气
leave a comment, what’s your opportunistic luck,
什么是你人生中可以持续关注的
lucky event in your lifeor area in your life
幸运事件或领域 尽管我相信
that you can focus on even though i’m sure
在之前你已经得到了一些东西 你知道的
you’ve got some things that are,you know,
一些指责你的评论
some knocks against you.
把它作为评论留下来 我将会很快和你联系
Leave that as a commentand i’ll talk you soon.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

...

翻译译者

Irene

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_v3Fbp1GD4

相关推荐