Just to set your expectations.
别期望太高
I’m not jumping from that tower today.
今天我不会跳那个跳台
And I’m not jumping from that tower either.
这个也不会跳
I am going up there and, frankly,
我要上那去 老实说
I’ve seen the route I’ve got to take,
我已经看到我要走的路线了
it looks terrifying enough.
看着够吓人的
But that 20 meter platform is twice the height
但那个20米跳台比最高的
of the tallest Olympic standard board.
奥运会标准跳水板还要高一倍
If I jump from up there,
如果我从那跳下来
I’d hit the water at about 70 kilometers an hour.
我会以70km/h的速度落水
That’s easy enough speed that, with no training,
如果没有经过训练
I would be in hospital.
这速度够我进医院了
I’ve even got to be harnessed in while I’m up there just in case.
我上去时甚至要系安全带 以防万一
But that doesn’t apply to Lysanne Richard,
但世界级高空和悬崖跳水运动员
world class high diver and cliff diver
Lysanne Richard就不用系
who is going to show me the way up
她会带我上去
and then take the quick route down.
然后抄近路下来
And down here, safely at pool level.
安全地下到泳池边
Someone from the Montreal Olympic Park’s team
蒙特利尔奥林匹克公园团队的一名成员
is going to explain why they built a board that high.
将会解释为什么要建如此高的跳台
It’s the biggest aquatic center in Canada.
这是加拿大最大的水上运动中心
It’s a facility that was built for the Olympics back in 1976
是为1976年的奥运会建造的设施
and it’s also right now home of Team Canada in many sports.
现在也是加拿大队许多体育项目的训练场
It’s also open to the public.
同时向公众开放
How long have you been training to be able to do this sort of thing?
你练了多久才能高空跳水?
I did gymnastic and diving and circus before,
我以前跳过体操 跳过水 表演过马戏
but it’s been already 22 years that I’m a high diver.
但我高空跳水跳了22年了
And you were in Cirque du Soleil right?
你以前是在太阳马戏团对吧?
Yes. I worked at Cirque du Soleil for a while,
对 我在那工作了一阵
-but I never did diving with Cirque du Soleil. -Okay.
-但那时候我不跳水 -噢
It was completely renovated in 2015.
这座建筑在2015年彻底翻新
Lysanne was well aware of the Olympic Center.
Lysanne很了解奥体中心
She was also training here.
她以前也在这训练
So when we renovated,
所以我们翻新的时候
she looked at all the space here
她看了看这里的空间
she said maybe you could put a high diving platform there.
她说或许可以在那建一个高空跳台
And we started with a 18 meter platform.
我们一开始建了18米高的跳台
Then two years later she said,
两年后 她说
well, you know, I think you guys got room for a 20 meter platform.
我觉得你们这的空间够建20米高的跳台
So we built a 20 meter platform,
于是我们就建了这么高的跳台
and we became the only place in North America
我们这成了北美唯一一个
where people can perform high diving in an interior space.
可以表演高空跳水的室内场所
Winter can be harsh sometime,
冬天有时候天气恶劣
but because we have this facility, they can train all year long.
但是有了这个设施 运动员全年都能训练
So how do you learn to do this?
你是怎么学会高空跳水的?
Do you just, like, work up from lower heights and…
你是先从低的开始跳 然后……
Yeah! You do not do high diving if somebody asks you.
是的 你不会因为别人的要求而去高空跳水
– Right. – Like, you really have to feel that you have to do it, you know?
-对 -你得自己真心想跳 你知道吧?
So just right here.
就在这
Okay. Up the ladder.
好的 爬上去
Oh, I can feel the positive pressure, the heat…
噢 我能感觉到这种气压 热度……
-There’s air coming up through here! -Yeah.
-有空气从这里上升 -是的
So this is the last chance of changing your mind!
所以现在后悔还来得及
Yeah, no, it’s fine.
没错 不 我没事
I’m going to be harnessed in. It’s okay.
我会系安全带 没关系的
– Yeah. – Let’s go.
-没错 -我们走
The structure that is here was built initially
这里的这个建筑结构最初
because people needed to have access to change the lights.
是为了方便换灯而建的
The 12 and the 15 meters is attached
12米和15米高的地方
to the platform that we have right here.
连接着这里的跳台
But the 20 meter is attached through the roof.
但20米高的地方是通过屋顶固定的
I’ve got to be harnessed in up here with a lot of stuff.
我身上必须系一堆安全带才能到这
You just have a safety loop.
你只有一个保险圈
Because I’m an acrobat,
因为我是杂技演员
I have the authorization to go only with the hand loop.
我得到了批准 可以只使用手环
Right. Let’s go.
好吧 走吧
Oh, this platform bounces!
噢 这个走道有弹性
Just make it solid.
这样结实
Yes. Because it bends, it’s not going to break. All right!
是哦 它是可以弯的 就不会断 好吧!
Yeah. You are 15 meters up from the floor.
是的 你现在离地面15米高
Okay. Lead the way.
好的 你带路
So how many times a day can you do this?
你一天可以跳几次?
‘Cause it’s got to be a physical strain.
这肯定会给身体造成负担
Yeah. I do more of the complementary training than high diving.
是的 我做辅助训练比高空跳水训练多
‘Cause I’m 41,
因为我41岁了
at one point I had enough impact on my body,
在这个年龄 我的身体已经受过很多冲击
so now I train everywhere else
所以现在我只练习其它项目
and I do high diving to perform.
高空跳水只作为表演
Depending of your age, of your injury,
基于你的年龄和身体损伤
you can go a maximum six times, by day.
你一天最多可以跳六次
– Okay. – But you cannot do every day.
-哦 -但不能每天跳
And you cannot high dive every month.
也不能每个月都跳
That’s much strain on your body.
对身体的负担太重了
Yeah, because after high diving
没错 跳完以后
you need a recovery time, you know.
需要时间恢复
Because you’re hitting the water at what, 70 kilometers an hour, something like that?
因为你是以大概70km/h的速度撞击水面的?
Exactly. But in some of my challenges, I go 27 meters,
没错 我也挑战过从27米高处跳下去
so it’s pretty fast.
速度非常快
And here, the water is warm, so it’s easier on the body.
这里的池水暖和 对身体轻松一点
But when we go outside or in competition…
但我们去室外或者比赛时……
-Oh you might be cliff diving into cold ocean? – Yeah, yeah.
-噢 你应该从悬崖跳到过冰冷的海里? -是的 没错
We know that FINA, which is the Federation of Aquatic Sports,
我们知道FINA 也就是国际泳联
are working towards having this sport in the Olympics.
正在努力让这项运动进入奥运会
So we said, well, we might as well have the equipment.
于是我们说 我们不妨建造这个设施
We also did the same thing with skateboarding.
我们同样建了滑板运动的设施
We also have a big bowl.
还有一个大的圆形体育场
So the goal here is to say after 45 years,
所以我们的目标是45年以后
how can we be in the game,
如何让这个地方还能举办赛事
and be also a place where athletes still come train 45 years later.
还能成为运动员的训练场地
This is the 15 meter!
这里是15米高处!
This is brand new, now we have 15,
我们到15米高的地方了 这是全新的
to build up the next high diving generation.
是为了培养下一代高空跳水运动员
-Wow. -So there’s the 10, 12, 15, 18 and 20,
-哇 -这里是10米 12 15 18 20米高
it makes it really safe,
这样分层很安全
because they do not learn too fast and have accidents.
他们不会直接从高的跳台开始跳 不会发生意外
Olympic Games last only two weeks.
奥运会只持续两个星期
So what’s happening when you pay like
花超过10亿建造奥运设施
more than a billion dollars for Olympic facilities?
之后会怎么样呢?
You need to think about the future.
你得考虑考虑以后
-You have a zip wire! -Yes. A zip line for this,
-你还有个滑索! -对呀 运东西用的滑绳
and I also always put the shoes down, I can…
我总是把鞋放下去 我可以这样
And that’s just fun, that is, that’s…
很有意思 就 这……
I’m always jealous of my shoes.
我总是很嫉妒我的鞋
I would like to go “aaagh”!
我也想直接滑下去!
We are able to be a place where they can practice
这里可以是运动员的训练场
but we can also host some competition,
但也可以举办一些比赛
which is quite nice for a facility that was built 46 years ago.
对46年前建的设施来说 是很好的事
This is the one bit where I’m not harnessed in.
这一小段我没系安全带
-Yeah. -Okay. There we go.
-是的 -好 上来了
You’re entirely unharnessed.
你没系任何安全带
And I’ve got twintails on. All right.
我系了两根 好吧
But you know, when we dive it’s better to be unharnessed.
但你要知道 跳水的时候还是不系比较好
Yeah, yeah it is! Okay.
确实 说得对 好吧
I guess that’s the one question I haven’t asked,
我想还有一个问题我没问
which is “why”. Why did you choose to take this up?
就是为什么 为什么你选择从事这项运动?
At the beginning I wanted to do it
最开始我想做这项运动
because I felt brave and I wanted to be one of the men.
是觉得很勇敢 我想和男运动员一样
‘Cause at the beginning,
因为最开始
no women were doing this sport, you know?
没有女性从事这项运动 你知道吗?
So I wanted to prove that women, we can make it.
我想证明我们女性可以做到
Then at one point I wanted to do it to
后来到了某个时候 我从事这个
help the sport progress and go to the Olympics,
是想助力这项运动的发展 让它进入奥运会
and help to build, to have the next generation and to win.
帮助培养下一代运动员 去赢得比赛
But now I do not need to compete anymore.
但现在我不需要去竞争了
I want to inspirit the people who’re being involved into the progress of the sport.
我想激励参与这项运动发展的人
I’m totally in the present moment when I do high dive,
当我从高空跳下去 我完全享受那一刻
and I’m a mom, I have three kids, I have a lot of jobs.
我是三个孩子的妈妈 还有很多工作
When I high dive there is nothing,
而我高空跳水时 什么也不用想
no grocery list, nothing.
不用想购物清单 什么都不用想
So I now just duck under here.
我现在就躲在这下面
Agh. I’m harnessed in, I’m harnessed in.
啊 我系着安全带呢 我系着安全带呢
I’m harnessed in. I’m harnessed in.
我系着安全带呢 我不怕
I’ve got two separate harness points. All right.
两边都系了 好了
This is where champions are built, right here,
这里培养出了很多冠军 就在这
in those facilities, which are also accessible to everybody.
这些设施同样向每个人开放
I don’t want to distract her at this point
现在我不想让她分心
but when you’re up here, you do realize that is…
但上到这里真的发现这……
that’s a very long way down.
下去的路真的很远
I’d applaud, but my hands are a bit busy.
我应该鼓掌 但我的手有点不得空
Right, I’m going to take the slow route down, it’s safer.
好了 我要从慢的这条路下去 这条路更安全
