未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为何我们如此轻易被触动?

Why Are We so Easily 'triggered'?

If we were totally sane,
如果我们是完全理智的
we would respond to the present only on its own terms;
我们只会按照现状对事情作出反应
we would worry or be angered or give way to anxiety
只有事情超出掌控时
only as much as the circumstances before us actually dictated.
我们才会担心、愤怒和焦虑
But we are not –of course – most of us quite sane,
但是 当然了 大多数人都是理智的
as evidenced by the way that
一些证据证明
we respond with such disproportion to certain events
我们对特定事情的即刻反应
in the here and now.
是多么的不恰当
We have tendencies to get wildly more worried,
如果我们只看眼前之事的表面现象
angry and anxious than we should,
就会有更加疯狂的担忧 生气 焦虑的趋势
if we were simply following the facts in front of us.
而我们本不应该反应那么激烈
What causes us difficulty is that
究竟是什么导致我们
we are wired to feel and respond according to precedent ,
不基于对现实的公正评价
rather than on the basis of a dispassionate evaluation of the present,
而陷入凭先例对当前事情做出感觉和回应的状态呢
and in particular we follow emotional tracks laid down in the distant past –
特别是我们会遵循以往的情感轨迹
when many of us were victims of deeply unrepresentative and unusually painful experiences,
深深陷入当时那种非典型性的异常痛苦经历中
from which we continue to make panicky, gloomy and unhelpful extrapolations.
由此我们会继续恐慌 沮丧 陷入负面情绪无法自拔
In other words, we are, to use the inelegant but useful contemporary term,
换句话说 我们出于一个粗野而有用的感情状态
easily ( far too easily) ‘triggered’.
很容易(非常容易)被一触即发
That is situations in the present elicit from us with undue haste
虽然我们淡忘了以往经历的细节
responses formed by, and frankly better suited to,
虽然我们察觉不到这种经历对我们现在的显著影响
a past whose details we have forgotten
但是发生了一件事 我们竟然依照以往的惯例
and whose distinctiveness we cannot now perceive.
仓促做出看来非他不可的决定
A tricky but not objectively existentially
一封陈述并不实际存在的麻烦事实的恶作剧邮件
troubling email will hence convince us at once that this is The End.
也会由此使我们立刻相信“我完蛋了”
An item in the news will plunge us immediately into
一条新闻 会立即使我们陷入
devastating guilt or boundless fury.
毁灭性的内疚或无尽的暴怒中
The prospect of a party we have to go to or a
对一场必去的聚会的想象 对一场即将到来的演说的想象
speech we need to give brings on unbudgeable, monumental terror.
会给我们带来牢固而深重的恐惧
The triggering happens so fast,
负面情绪一触即发
there is no chance to observe the process and see
我们根本没机会观察自己是如何丢盔弃甲
the way in which we cede our powers of evaluation from present to past.
失去了区分当下与过去的能力
Our minds are simply
我们的思想
flooded with panic, we lose our bearings,
简直如恐惧的洪水猛兽把我们压垮
the rational faculties shut down and we are lost,
我们失去了理智 迷失了自己
perhaps for days, in the caverns of the mind.
由此我们好几天都被埋在悲观思想的洞穴里
We get triggered
我们会被引爆
because we don’t have a direct link with objective reality:
是因为我们脱离现实
each of us approaches the outer world through the prism of an inner world
我们看到的外部世界多多少少是
with a more or less tenuous connection to it.
我们内心世界的一些投射
In this inner world of ours lies a repository of expectations formed
在我们的内心世界 有一个由以往独特经历汇成的
through our unique histories;
预期仓库
our internal working models, or our best guesses,
它引导着我们的内心工作模式 或我们的最佳猜测
of what the outer world will be like;
我们基于此判断外部世界的模样
how others will respond to us, what they will say if we complain,
基于此猜测别人对我们的反应 对我们的怨言的反应
how things will turn out when there is a challenge.
以及预期遇到挑战时事情的结果
Crucially, and this is what we of course miss when we have been triggered,
关键是 当痛点被戳到时
the inner world isn’t the outer world.
我们往往会把内心世界和外部世界划等号
It contains generalisations and extrapolations from a past
和目前情况相比 过往经历中的归纳和推断
that may be far harder, stranger
可能更牢固 更强大
and more dangerous than the present.
也更危险
Psychologists have a handy rule of thumb to alert us
心理学家有一个便捷的经验法则
to the disproportionate side of our responses:
来警惕我们的不恰当反应:
if we experience anxiety or anger above a five out of ten, they tell us,
如果我们10次有5次经历了焦虑和愤怒
our response is likely to be fuelled
那么我们就会产生一种习得性的反应
not by the issue before us, but by a past we’re overlooking.
这种反应的依据不是眼前现实 而是我们觉得已经淡忘的过去
In other words,
换句话说
we have to believe (contrary to our feelings)
我们会相信(尽管这与我们的感觉相悖)
that the issue won’t be what it seems to be about.
尽管表面并非如此 但事情会一如既往地颓
The best way to free ourselves from being so eagerly triggered
将自己迫切从不良情绪中解放的最佳方式
is to refuse to believe in most of what
是拒绝相信那些加诸己身的
overwhelmingly and rapidly frightens or angers us.
大多数压倒性的 迅速蔓延的恐惧或者愤怒
We must learn to adopt a robust suspicion of our first impulses.
我们必须学会对自己的第一冲动采取强烈的怀疑
It isn’t that there is nothing scary or worrying in the outer world whatsoever,
这不是说外部世界没什么要害怕和担心的
simply that our initial responses are liable
仅仅是因为我们最初的反应
to be without proportion or without calculation
往往建立在一种思考上——
of adult strength, resilience, resourcefulness or options.
一种忽视成年人长处 恢复力 谋略 选择项的思考上
Another way to approach our panic and anxiety is to remember that,
另一个解决恐惧和焦虑的方法就是要明白
despite appearances,
无论外表如何
we are not a single person or unified ‘I’.
我们不是一个人 并非自成一体
We are made up of an assemblage or a blend
我们处于集体中 是集体的一部分
of parts dating right back to our earliest days.
从很早以前就是这样了
In a way we can’t easily track,
我们不能轻易走过的路
different events will engage with different parts of us.
和我们一样的他们也未必如履坦途
Some of our most troubled moments are
我们感到最不安的是
when a difficulty in the present isn’t handled by an adult part,
身为成年人的我们也解决不了眼下的困难
but by a part formed when
但造成这种困难的内因
we were six months or three years old.
发生在我们六个月或三岁大的时候
We end up so scared because the challenge of
我们如此害怕是因为
public speaking or of a seduction or a worry at work has,
舆论 诱惑 忧虑在向我们发出挑战
unbeknownst to the adult part of us,
作为心理上半成人的我们对此不甚了解
been left in the hands a very scared toddler.
就像一个手足无措的孩子
In the circumstances,
在这种情况下
it can help to ask ourselves at points not what ‘we’ are afraid of
处理得当的方式 不是问“我们”怕什么
but what a ‘part’ of us is worried about –
而是问“我们的哪一部分”使自己对事情怀有恐惧
and to learn more carefully to differentiate the parts in question.
然后仔细地以问题形式区分这两者
What might we tell a part of us
我们会告诉自己
in order for it not to be so scared?
这有啥可怕的?
It is a milestone of maturity
当我们意识到雷区的内容以及触发机制
when we start to understand what triggers us and why
我们就为自己树立了一个成熟的里程碑
– and to take steps to mitigate the most self-harming of our responses.
并由此缓和自我反应里带来的自我伤害
Whatever our past seems to tell us,
无论过去的经历多么可怕
perhaps there won’t be a catastrophe,
世界末日都不会降临
perhaps we’re not about to be killed or humiliated unbearably.
这种经历比死可怕吗 足以让我们含羞自尽吗
Perhaps we have adult capacities for survival.
这些问题会让我们学会成人的生存能力
Too much of our past is inside us
内心装了太多过去
in a way we don’t recognise or learn to make allowances for.
我们就会不知不觉地学不会退让
We should dare to approach many
我们应该敢于接近自己的雷区
of our triggers like a starting pistol or a fire
发令枪和火警铃有什么好怕
alarm that we will from now on, for well-grounded reasons,
从现在开始 我们要学习做有因可循的理性的事情
simply to refuse to listen to.
拒绝简单听从自己的一时冲动
Our resilience cards are designed to help us become tougher
我们的恢复力就是用来帮助我们
in the face of adversity.
在逆境中变得越来越糙的
To learn more follow the link on your screen now.
想了解更多内容 请点击屏幕上的链接

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

忌讳颇多的人总是被戳到痛点,在成人世界里手足无措、总是碰壁的我们遇事会产生一种恼羞成怒的习得性反应,但这并不是一种治不好的社交无能,只要我们能揭开自己心里的伤疤,就会明白,原来一直阻碍我们前行的不是事情本身,而是恐惧这个假想敌。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

ABC

审核员

审核员HL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C_7OuhXh50

相关推荐