ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

你在与谁共享空气? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你在与谁共享空气?

Whose Air Do You Share?

我们最基本的共同联系就是我们所有生活在这个地球上 我们呼吸
“Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe
着一样的空气
the same air.”
当我们谈论气候变化或者污染 很多大物件到处扔
When we talk about climate change or pollution, a lot of big numbers are thrown around. Like
例如每年 33000000000(33亿)吨co2和660000000(6千6百万)吨甲烷被排放到空气中
how 33 billion tons of CO2 and 660 million tons of Methane are released into the air
那算很多吗?或者说并不多 我们需要问一个问题来回答这个问题
each year. is that a lot? Or not? To answer that question, we need to ask a question:
那就是大气层有多大?想象一下地球是一个足球
Just how big is the atmosphere? Imagine for a second that the Earth is a soccer ball.
包括地球大气层那这个球会有多大呢?一英尺?
How big do you think this ball would be with the Earth’s atmosphere included? An inch?
一厘米?不 只是超过一毫米而已 没错 所有空气都在那上面
A centimeter? No. Just over 1 millimeter bigger. That’s right, all the air up there, all
让每个人存活下来的分子 占据了相同数量的空间
the molecules that keep everything alive down here, would occupy the same amount of space
就像几张报纸包裹着这个球 如果我们把大气层里的空气都聚集在一起
as a few sheets of newspaper wrapped around this ball. If we gathered up all the air in
放到地球旁边 看起来就像这样:
the atmosphere and put it next to Earth, it would look like like this:
乍一看似乎很清楚 没有那么多空气在上面 所以
At first glance, it seems pretty clear that there isn’t that much air up there. So was
JFK说的是对的 实际上我们呼吸着同样的空气 和玛丽莲梦露、查尔斯达尔文
JFK right? Do we actually breathe the same air that he, Marilyn Monroe, Charles Darwin,
或成吉思汗一样
or Genghis Khan did?
闻起来像爱因斯坦 我想象出那一刻 爱因斯坦算出他那个有名的等式(质能方程式)
Smells like Einstein. I imagine the very moment that Einstein figured out his famous equation,
他呼出一口气 那口气可能是最小的一口气之一
he let out a sigh of relief. That breath might have been one of the smartest breaths to have
呼出过的 而从概率上来说,我呼吸过的的每一口气都是很频繁的 我呼出
ever been breathed, and probability says that every so often, when I breathe, I breathe
很小的一口气 我们一起共享了多少的空气 我们会用一些
a little of that breath. To see just how much of that breath we all share, we’ll use some
整数来计算大约有多少空气分子在大气中
round numbers to calculate about how many molecules of air there in the atmosphere.
大气层中大约有80%N2和20%O2 科学家们已经计算出地球的
The atmosphere is about 80% N2 and 20% O2. Scientists have worked out that Earth’s
大气的质量约为5*10∧21克每摩尔 或者大约是空气质量的6*10∧23摩尔
atmosphere weighs about 5 x 10^21 g. One mole, or 6 x10^23 molecules of air weighs about
28.8克 这就告诉我们整个大气层大概有1*10∧44摩尔在
28.8 grams, which tells us that the entire atmosphere has about 1×10^44 molecules in

it.
做个深呼吸 现在呼出 这可能是一升的空气 这
Take a deep breath. Now breathe out. That was probably about a liter of air, which at
房里的温度大约是2.4*10∧22摩尔 为了知道有多少摩尔
room temperature is about 2.4×10^22 molecules. To get an idea of how many molecules that
如果每一个分子都是一粒沙子 你将会死掉 因为你的
is, if each of those molecules were a grain of sand, then you’d be dead, because your
肺都是沙粒 而整个美国就会被沙覆盖
lungs were full of sand. And the entire United States would be covered in sand eight stories
厚 只是每一个呼出的分子数量 也意味着这里有足够的
thick, just from the number of molecules in ONE breath. It also means that there’s enough
分子在一个呼吸中 只要风吹周围的大气
molecules in one breath that, as long as the wind keeps blowing the atmosphere around,
我们就会大概呼出之前爱因斯坦的E=mc∧2摩尔到目前为止
we’ve all probably breathed in at least one of Einstein’s E=mc^2 molecules by now,
之前根据概率 如果有足够的时间 我们将会共享某些小部分
at least according to probability. Given enough time, we will all share some small part of
呼吸
a breath.
所以肯尼迪是正确的……我们共享着相同的空气 通过应用科学
So JFK was right . . . we’ve all shared the same air. By applying a little science,
我们敏锐地意识到我们的大气看似巨大 实际很稀薄
we become acutely aware that our atmosphere, though seemingly enormous, is perilously thin,
属于我们所有人 正如我们与过去伟大的思想也共享着空气一样
and belongs to us all. And just as we’ve shared the air with great minds of the past,
我们也会与后来的人共享空气 让我们用一些时间去考虑一下我们应该用什么去填充它
we’ll share it with those who come after us as well. Let’s take a little time toconsider what we’re filling it with.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BybkIJysAKc

相关推荐