ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

科研领域不该是男性专属 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

科研领域不该是男性专属

Where My Ladies At?

Recently I received a question for an Ask Emily episode along the lines of
最近我在 询问艾米莉 栏目被问到
whether or not I had personally experienced sexism in my field,
在我的行业中 我个人是否遇到过性别歧视
and I kind of shrugged it off
我耸耸肩否认了
because the Field Museum is very supportive of women in science.
因为博物馆行业对女科学家非常支持
We even have a “Women in Science” group here at The Field Museum
我们甚至在博物馆领域有一个 “科学界女性” 小组
made of both men and women and members of the community
这个团体有男有女 还有社区成员
where we come together and figure out ways
那是我们群策群力的地方
we can best promote the work of female researchers
我们可以对女性工作者的作品做最好的宣传
in this male-dominated field.
在这个男人支配的领域
The more I thought about it though,
我越是深入思考这个问题
along with another question of
和另一个问题
is there any part of my job that I don’t look forward to,
我的工作中有什么是我不期待的吗
I would have to say it would be the frustratingly negative and sexist comments
我要说就是那些令人沮丧的负面和性别歧视的言论
that I have to sift through in my various inboxes on a daily basis.
我不得不每天从我的多个收件箱里筛选出来
Now don’t get me wrong,
不过不要误会 我收到的大多评论是积极且鼓励人的
but there are still a lot of nastiness that I have to deal with on the daily basis
但还是有大量我不得不每天处理的恶心的评论 并努力将它们制成鼓舞人心的视频
This is especially obvious when I happen to host an episode
当我突然要和别人一起在另一频道主持一期节目时 这种情况尤为明显
for an audience that isn’t as familiar with me or
面对不熟悉我和我的工作 或者不熟悉Soon Raccoon的观众
It made me wonder,
这让我怀疑——是否还有其他人在经历这些
Who are the other women who have STEM channels—
还有哪些女性能接触到STEM频道
those that primarily focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math?
是那些专注于科学 技术 工程或者数学的女性吗
I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time
我花了相当长的一段时间想要弄清楚这些人的想法
What I found out is that
我发现有至少13个STEM频道都是由男人主持的
with more than 400,000 subscribers,
且总关注量超过了400,000 人 13个频道中有7个关注量达到了百万
there are only 4 channels hosted by women that even have more than 160,000.
而只有4个频道是由女性主持且关注量超过16万 但没有一个关注量超过百万
When I asked my Twitter followers to name their favorite STEM women,
我曾经让我的推特粉丝说出他们最喜欢的STEM女性 他们回答说:
There are others besides you and Vi Hart?
“除了你和Vi Hart之外 STEM还有其他女性吗 呃 我们要调查一下了”
and, “You and Vi Hart are both awesome, though
还有粉丝回复道:“你和Vi Hart都很棒
sadly you’re the only two I know.”
可惜我只认识你们俩”
This isn’t an us versus them, and it’s not a numbers game.
这不是我们和他们的比拼 也不是个数量游戏
I’m just trying to make the point that
我只是想说明我的观点
there are significantly and noticeably less women
女性明显占少数
making science and technology themed educational channels on YouTube.
在YouTube上主持科技主题的教育频道
I’m also not saying the men that I looked at
我也不是要说那些我看到的由男主持
don’t deserve the numbers that they have
不配有那么多关注
because I do think that their content it good
因为我确实认为他们的节目内容做得很好
and it should be celebrated.
并且这是值得祝贺的
But what is preventing women from reaching the same number of people?
但是是什么导致女主持关注量无法与男主持持平呢
I feel like in general, women don’t have enough time to do these things
我觉得通常来说 女性没有足够的时间去做这些事
because of the pressure that every episode has to be flawless and execution
因为她们有压力 期许每期节目都能完美地制作完成
This could be a deterrent for both men and women but I feel like
这虽然是男性和女性都会面对的困难 但是在我看来女性更容易放弃 因为有这样一种评论
“I’d still totally do her.”
“我还是会干她的”
We have a fear of the feedback from our subscribers and commenters
我们对于粉丝和评论会有一种恐惧
because we’re afraid that our audience is more focused on
因为我们害怕观众对我们形象的关注
our appearance than the quality of our content.
多于对节目质量的关注
Even more than that, we’re not convinced that the content has to be good or factual
不仅如此 我们也不相信节目内容一定要好或者真实
because we’re not convinced that people are watching for the content in the first place.
因为我们不相信人们会首先关注内容
“Finally I’ve saw her body…
“我终于看到她的身材了 哦 我的天哪 怎么可能还有人比Emily还火辣”
“If you ever need a safe place to stay while you study the Patagonia in Argentina, please…
“如果你在阿根廷巴塔哥尼亚学习 想要找一个安全的住处时 请
“feel free to get in touch with me,
请随时联系我 我将会资助你的整个旅程 只为了和你在一起”
There’s a fear of the awkwardness that comes with being onscreen with anybody else
还有一种恐惧是和别人同框的尴尬
because some assume that there must be some sort of personal relationship happening,
因为有些人认为一定要有某种亲密的互动
which makes work with that person later on awkward. And on top of that it makes me feel awkward
这样之后和那个人合作就会尴尬 除了这个
having somebody on my show because I’m afraid they’re going to see those kind of comments.
当我邀请一些人来我的节目时 我也会感到尴尬 因为我害怕他们看到那种评论
“This is the weirdest lesbian porn I’ve ever seen.”
“这是我见过最怪的女同色情了”
“For the first 7 minutes I thought how Emily and Hank should totally hook up.
“在前7分钟我在想艾米莉和汉克是怎样勾搭在一起的”
“Then the Animal Wonders girl came out, I thought they should totally have a threesome.”
“然后那个动物奇观节目的女孩出现了 我又想她们当然应该玩3P”
That brings on self criticism, like, I’m not intelligent, or funny, or engaging enough on my own.
随之而来的便是各种自责 比如说我不聪明 我很无趣或太自我
“She just needs some sexier glasses.”
“她只需要一副更性感的眼镜”
“I can’t stop looking at her nose… It looks so weird. It kinda makes her look like a nerdy pig.”
“我不由自主的看她的鼻子 看着太怪了 那让她看起来像只呆头猪”
There’s a pressure to be the whole package.
完成这一切是很有压力的
Not only do you have to be intelligent and articulate, but you also have to be attractive.
不仅得聪明 能言善辩 还得有魅力
“Emily, even though the clothes you’re wearing kinda disguise it,
“艾米莉 虽然你穿的衣服掩盖了这一事实
you look like you might be pretty hot under them,
但貌似衣服之下 你可能很火辣
“perhaps you should consider wearing slightly racier clothing;
也许你应该尝试穿些更活泼的衣服
“besides obviously pleasing to straight males and gay females, it might boost your self-esteem.”
显然 这不仅可以取悦直男以及女同 而且也会让你自信倍增
“She is really cute, but as if she made herself unattractive on purpose.
她确实很可爱 但她似乎有意扮丑
“She could easily keep us focused just by changing her clothes….
只要她更换穿衣风格 就会很容易吸引我们的目光
I would really like to see her again with new looks.”
我很乐意见到她换新造型的样子”
The lack of acknowledgement from others around you towards these negative comments,
你周围的人缺乏对这些负面评论的认可
being like, “ah, it’s just YouTube,” “oh, they’re just anonymous comments. Don’t listen to them.”
就像 “啊 这只是Youtube而已” “噢 这些只是匿名评论而已 别理他们”
But when they’re so personal…
但如果这些评论太主观
“i don’t know what kind of people get offended or insulted by compliments.
“我不知道什么样的人会被恭维冒犯或侮辱”
“Maybe he should have said that she’s ugly and should go die.”
“可能他应该要说 她太丑了去死吧”
And then there’s just blatant, general sexism.
然后就只剩下公然普遍的性别歧视了
“youd think this was a mans job, not 2 beautiful ladies'”
“你会认为这是男人的工作 而不是两个漂亮女士的工作”
“Thumbs up for the Skyrim reference, it made me chortle. I assume that was written by Michael?”
“给Skyrim的引用点赞 让我发笑 我猜这是Michael写的吧?”
That was not written by me.
那不是我写的
I’ve heard from male colleagues that while they certainly don’t support sexism and they think it’s awful,
我听过男同事说他们当然不支持性别歧视 他们认为这很恶劣
they feel as though they have nothing to contribute to the conversation.
感觉好像他们没做出此类言论
But it starts with an acknowledgment from both men and women that these are serious issues that need to be discussed.
但首先 男性和女性都要承认 这些是需要讨论的严肃话题
We can’t idly sit by and tolerate internet bullying in any form.
我们不能置身事外地坐一旁 容忍任何形式的网络霸凌
Because that’s what this is, this is internet bullying.
因为那就是这么回事 就是网络霸凌
Help us make it widely known that this kind of apathetic attitude is detrimental and unacceptable.
帮助我们 让这一道理广为人知 这种麻木的态度是损人不利己 不可接受的
We need to make sure we’re making it possible for people of all genders
我们要确保 我们能让不同性别的人都感受到
to feel acknowledged for their contributions
他们的贡献得到了认可
and not feel held back by something as arbitrary as their genetics or appearance.
并且不会为像他们的基因或外表一样武断的东西 而感到压抑
But how do we encourage more women to be content creators?
但我们要怎么鼓励更多的女性成为内容的创作人呢
It starts by supporting our fellow creators,
这要从支持我们的创作人同僚开始
recognize we’re all going to undergo a learning curve in the beginning,
认识到一开始我们都要走学习曲线
and to not let it end there because of unnecessary pressure or negativity.
不要因为不必要的压力或消极情绪而终止
In the end we stay committed to a mission
最终我们会投入到
of making quality educational content in order provide for more women role-models to fill these spaces.
丰富质量教育内容的任务之中 使更多的女性楷模填补这些空白
And ladies, it gets better.
女士们 一切都会好起来的

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

女性视频博主所面临的性别歧视以及我们应该如何积极应对这一局面。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小星星

审核员

审核员YF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRNt7ZLY0Kc

相关推荐