ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

工作时突然很想哭,怎么办? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

工作时突然很想哭,怎么办?

What's The Deal With Crying At Work? | Strong Opinions Loosely Held | RIOT

Alright, I gotta tell you something really embarrassing.
好吧 我必须告诉你让我很焦虑的事
I got caught crying in the bathroom at work again.
工作时我又在洗手间里哭了
It’s like every year,
每年都是如此
I watch these commencement speeches and I feel so inspired and so fulfilled.
当我看这些毕业典礼的演讲时 我很受鼓舞和满足
I would tell my 21 year old self
我告诉21岁的自己
that personal happiness lies in knowing that life is not
个人幸福依赖于认识到
a checklist of acquisition or achievement.
生活不是一张获取成就的清单
Be a do-er.
做一个实干家
Not a dreamer.
而不是一个梦想家
Failure is just life trying to move us in another direction.
失败是生活尝试让我们转换另一个方向
but,then reality sets in and I’m
但现实生活开始
in the third stall of the bathroom balling my eyes out
我站在厕所第三间里睁大眼睛
and praying nobody hears me.
祈祷不会有人听见我
And that assumes I can even make it to the bathroom in time.
这还是在我可以及时赶到厕所的情况下
Look,I would take advice from J.K., Oprah,
我可以在任何一天接受罗琳
and Shonda any day of the week, but why did
奥普拉和珊达的建议
nobody teach us how to mentally prepare for work?
但为什么没人教我们如何心理上为工作做准备?
Where was the class on office politics and why didn’t I take it?
办公室政治等级在哪里 为什么我一直看不开
In order to get some perspective,
为了弄清楚
I talked to a White House Communications Director,
我同美国白宫新闻主任交流过
Jennifer Palmieri.
也就是詹妮弗·帕米尔
I was the White House Communications Director for President Obama in the second term.
我是第二期奥巴马总统的白宫通信主管
And, I was Hillary’s communication instructor on the 2016 presidential campaign.
2016届总统选举中希拉里的通信教员
I am very easily moved to tears,
我很容易被感动到流泪
it’s very possible that I may cry in this very interview.
在采访时我也很有可能流泪
Just when something is important to me, I’m gonna tear up.
当有什么事对我很重要 我就会情绪失控
It’s happened in the oval office,
它有发生在总统的办公室
it’s happened at times in a meeting with Barack Obama.
和与巴拉克·奥巴马的会议时
So it really frustrates me when I hear people say
当我听别人说工作时流泪很不专业
that to tear up at work is not professional.
我真的很有挫败感
Tearing up, like
流泪 我每天工作
I have a full-blown mental breakdown every day at work
都会爆发心理崩溃
I don’t know any women who it doesn’t happen to.
我不认识一个没有经历过这件事的女性
You’ll hear things, “Well you know, it’s just not professional.”
你能听到这些话 “你知道的 这不专业”
I know what that word means.
我明白他们表达的意思
That word means, it’s not what men do.
这意味着 男性不会这样做
If you’re moved to tears
如果你动容到流泪
but then say, “ I care so much about this,
然后说 我太担忧这件事了
it’s actually moving me to tears.”
它确实让我想哭
We spent centuries – hundreds, and hundreds,
在长达好几世纪 几百年里
and hundreds of years making politics and
政界和工作场所
the workplace a good place for men.
都是男人的场地
Yes, the modern workplace was literally designed for men.
是的 现代工厂其实是为男性设计的
It was created after World War Ⅱ.
它发明于二战后
And it was designed in the male oriented hierarchical image of the military.
是以男性主导的军事分级组织
And it hasn’t changed very much since.
从那以后没有多大的改变
For example, standard office thermostats set to temperatures best suited
例如 标准办公室温度被设定为适应
for the resting metabolic rate of a 40 year old man who weighs 154 LBS.
40岁重154磅男子的静息代谢率
I think that we have to bring our whole selves to the office.
我认为我们在工作上必须全身心投入
So I feel like if we’re bringing all
因此我觉得如果我们代入
of our emotions and our passions, and not muting them,
自己的情感和热情而不是压抑它们
that’s better best.
那会是最好的
This idea that we should be our full selves at work,
这种我们应全身心投入的想法
literally flies in the face of everything I know to be true.
与我所知道的一切相反
Work is supposed to be the place where
工作理应是
you go to suppress your true self just to get
压制真实自我
through the day. But,
过好日子
Claire Shipman actually talks a lot
但克莱尔·希普曼谈了很多这个问题
about this and she says that the qualities that
她认为女性带到工作岗位上的品质
women bring to the table at work, like passion,
比如热情 实际上很好
are actually really good and they shouldn’t be suppressed.
这些品质不应被抑制
Generally speaking, women tend to be better at negotiating,
一般来说 女性更擅长谈判以及和解
more conciliatory, we’re less hierarchical.
我们少有等级观念
Study after study shows the more women you have
不断的研究表明 有越多位于高层的女性
at the top of a company the more money you make
公司挣的钱就越多
because we’re bringing a different sort of management skill.
因为这些女性带来一种不同的经营技能
It’s not a Mad Men style confidence.
它不是《广告狂人》风格式的自信
We really can’t risk giving up what makes us unique.
我们不会冒险放弃使我们出挑的东西
It’s not easy
这并不容易
because we haven’t learned it at an early age.
因为在年轻时我们无法获知
Because from an early age,
因为年轻时
girls are just better at sitting still, being quiet, coloring within
女孩更愿意安静地坐着 循规蹈矩
the lines, getting everything right.
让每一件事都在正确的轨道上
And they start to internalize that as a reason why they’re valuable.
她们开始将其内化为自我价值
So we create this perfectionism by middle school and high school.
我们在初中和高中形成这种完美主义
And if you are a perfectionist,
如果你是一个至善论者
what do you not want to do?
你不想做什么呢?
Fail.
失败
Or take risks.
或者尝试
They are just excelling beyond belief academically,
她们在学术上表现十分优秀
but they’re not learning the skills
但从不学习实际生活中
they need in the real world.
她们必需的技能
Cause the rules change.
因为规则改变了
It’s all about promoting yourself, taking chances, speaking up.
这是为了提升自己 抓住机会 阐述观点
Okay, nobody tells us that.
好的 但是没有人告诉我们这些
It’s not easy
这是不容易的
because we haven’t learned it at an early age.
因为我们并没有在年轻时了解到这些
That’s why entering the working world feels such a bait and switch.
这就是为什么我们步入工作的环境后感到难以适应
So what would you say are the things
归于这些你说的事
that we have to teach young women today about being successful?
现在我们必须告诫年轻的女性如何才能成功
I think young women really need to learn to take risks,
我认为年轻的女性真的需要学会拼搏
they need to learn to get comfortable
他们需要学会适应失败
with failure and get though it,and also that perfectionism is a pitfall.
度过难关 并且明白完美是一个陷阱
They really have to jettison perfectionism
他们必须学会舍弃完美
because nobody is perfect
因为没有人是完美的
and it will keep you from building confidence.
并且它会阻止你建立自信
Talking to Claire and Jennifer gave me a whole new perspective.
与克莱尔和詹妮弗的谈话我得到了一个全新的观点
I actually had a game plan.
其实 我制定过一个计划
And then I found an intern crying in the bathroom stall.
然后我发现一个实习生在厕所隔间里哭
I had to pass these insights onto the next generation of working women.
我必须把这些观点传给下一代正在工作的年轻女性
Okay ladies, you are about to enter the workforce.
好了女士们 你们即将进入职场
Under your chairs is a working women starter pack and
在你的座位下有一个职场女性入门包
in it you will find a wine glass,
在里面你会发现一个葡萄酒杯
big enough to hold a full bottle of wine.
它大到足以装满一整瓶葡萄酒
Because you are not gonna wanna get out of bed
因为在拥有那天以后
for refills after the day you had.
你不想起床再把它装满
The second thing is a block of cheese,
第二个东西是一块奶酪
because cheese isn’t just for guests anymore.
奶酪不再是提供给客人
It’s your dinner.
而是你的晚餐
And the third thing is a monthly planner.
第三样是月计划
You don’t need a weekly anymore, because you have no plans. Alright,
你不再需要每周计划了 因为你没有计划
now for some real talk.
现在我们来进行一些真正的交流
Repeat after me.
跟着我说
It’s okay to cry at work.
在工作时哭没关系的
It’s okay to cry at work.
在工作时哭没关系的
Take risks.
奋力一搏
Take risks.
奋力一搏
It’s okay to fail.
失败在所难免
Perfection is our pitfall.
完美亦是缺憾
Say it again.
再说一次
It’s okay to cry at work.
在工作时哭没关系的
You got this!
你明白了
I’m crying because I’m so passionate about this project.
我难过是因为我对这个项目的热情
Perfection is our pitfall!
完美亦是缺憾
Perfection is our pitfall!
完美亦是缺憾
Yes!
是的
Get it girls!
去做吧 女孩们
I am so proud of you ladies!
我为你们感到自豪
It’s okay to cry at work, you have to take risks,
在工作时哭没关系的 你必须奋力一搏
it’s okay to fail,
失败在所难免
Perfection is a pitfall.
完美亦是缺憾
You got that last one, you got it. Okay,
记住最后一句话
perfection is a pitfall.
完美亦是缺憾
You got it.
你做到了

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

职场总是充斥压力,你时而会感到崩溃,会有那么一瞬间,你突然想哭,你又应该怎么办呢

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Polaris

审核员

审核员 GK

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxrVc9_CC4

相关推荐