ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

苏西•韦尔奇:我从巴菲特身上学到的经验 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

苏西•韦尔奇:我从巴菲特身上学到的经验

What Warren Buffett Taught Me At A Dinner Party

说实在的
Not gonna lie
能和巴菲特共进晚餐是一件很酷的事情
getting seated next to Warren Buffett at a dinner party is pretty cool
但当此事发生时 它还教给我人生哲理
but when it happened to me, it also gave me a life lesson that
这永远地改变了我的人生
that changed my career forever
巴菲特在晚宴上教给我的人生经验
The life-changing lesson Warren Buffett taught me at a dinner party.
事情发生在我们的一个共同的朋友家里
The scene was the home of a mutual friend.
即使我曾多次见过巴菲特
I’d met Warren a few times before,
但我当然还是激动不已
but of course I was still thrilled.
我想象着一个聆听奥马哈神谕的夜晚
I imagined an evening listening to the Oracle of Omaha opine away.
正当我们要坐下时 我才知道非我所愿
But no, just as we were about to sit down,
他狡猾地看着我
Warren looked at me slyly
从他的包里拿出一个蛋形计时器
and pulled from his pocket and egg timer
上面很明显地设定了15分钟
which he dramatically set for 15 minutes
然后他把它放到我们中间
Then he placed it between us and said,
说:“这是我和你谈话的时间
” That’s how long I get to talk with you
之后我会去你左边的搭档那边
before I lose you to your partner on the left.
一分钟都不会少”
And not a minute shorter!”
什么?沃伦·巴菲特想听听我要说些什么?
Excuse me, Warren Buffett wanted to hear what I had to say?
很显然 他想
Apparently, he did.
我们一直谈论到计时器响
And we chatted away until the buzzer sounded
然后我们都转向另一边
and we both turned to our other sides
15分钟后当它再响起时
But then 15 minutes later when it buzzed again,
巴菲特转回来对我说:“太好了 你又回来了”
Warren turned back to me and said, “Goody! you’re back.”
瞧 众所周知巴菲特是个和蔼可亲的人
Look! Warren Buffett is known to be very nice.
他也是那个房间里最重要的人
He was also the most important person in that room,
然而他还让我觉得我和他一样重要
and yet he made me feel like I mattered as much as he did.
引用一个很著名的盎格鲁俗语
There’s a famous Maya Angelou quote
“人们会忘了你说过的话
that goes, “people will forget what you said,
忘了你做过的事
people will forget what you did,
但不会忘了你给他们的感觉”
but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
我与巴菲特的交会就是很好的例子
My encounter with Warren Buffett is case in point.
从那天起我开始思考我给他人的感受
From that day forward I started thinking about how I made people feel
当我执掌权利的时候
in the situations when I was in the power seat.
他们是否感到被倾听 被注视 被赋予价值
Did they feel heard, seen, valued?
这是一个让人触动的问题 对吗?
It’s a galvanizing question, isn’t it?
即使你不是位高者 心怀谦逊与人交谈
Even if you’re not the boss, entering a conversation with humility
会使你更有人情味
makes you more of a person not less.
更慷慨 更人性化 更受理解与尊重
More generous, more human, more understood, and more respected yourself.
这是一个简单的思想转变
It’s a simple mind shift,
但是全都向正确的方向转变
but transformative in all the right ways.
谢谢你巴菲特
Thank You Warren Buffett.
你甚至都不需要一个鸡蛋定时器来完成它
And you don’t even need an egg timer to do it.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

关于与巴菲特共进晚餐所学内容的自述

听录译者

卡比

翻译译者

07351896

审核员

审核员_MC

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPkJvPd9wM

相关推荐