未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你的人生应该怎么过?

What To Do With Your Life

早上好 汉克 今天是周二
Good morning Hank, it’s Tuesday.
我和天主传教士有什么相同之处呢?
What do I have in common with a Catholic priest?
如果没有衣领我会觉得我是裸着的
I’d just feel naked without my collar.
今天是问题周二
It’s Question Tuesday,
我来回答来自老实书呆子的实在问题
the day that I answer real question from real Nerdfighter
今天只有一个问题:
Just the one question today:
“我是一个大学新生 我该怎样决定如何度过我的人生?”
“I’m a college freshman, how do I figure out what the hell to do with my life?” Hank,
我们几乎每天都能收到不同版本的这个问题
we get some version of this question almost every day,
但为了解答这个问题 首先我要否定它
but to answer the question, I have to begin by disagreeing with it.
这一整个问题“怎样度过我的人生?”暗示了成年人是整齐划一的生物
The whole”what do I do with my life?” question implies that adulthood is this monolithic creature
就像你找到了工作和伴侣
that like, you acquire your job and your spouse,
然后你就不断克服困难直到时间插翅的战车出现
and then you just ride it out until Time’s winged chariot shows up.
我年轻的时候也思考过这个问题
I thought this when I was younger too,
这不是我们的错 因为
and it’s not our fault, because how
电影结束时都是皆大欢喜吗?
does every single happily ever after movie end?
你找到你的真爱并亲吻他们
With finding your one true love and kissing them,
之后和他们结婚
occasionally marrying them,
最后和他们有了孩子
at the very latest having a child with them.
95%的浪漫故事都以伴侣彼此交付为结局
95% of romantic stories end with partners committing to each other,
因为从那之后的所有事都只是成年后
because everything after that is just the blank,
空白而令人害怕的困境
terrifying morass of adulthood,
这种单调乏味的工作
this monotonous grind
让你生活里唯一真正的兴奋
in which the only real excitement in your life
就是偶然在食杂店里找到一枚真正成熟的鳄梨
is occasionally finding a truly ripe avocado at the grocery store.
现在听着 汉克 我没有打算
Now listen, Hank, I’m not going to
对你说谎 当我在食杂店里找到
lie to you, I get very excited when I
一枚真正成熟的鳄梨时我真的会非常兴奋
find a truly ripe avocado at the grocery store
但它不是我生活里唯一的兴奋
but it’s not the only excitement in my life!
我认为你之所以害怕
And let me submit that one of the reasons
决定你要如何度过
you’re so terrified of figuring out what you
你的人生的原因之一是
‘re going to do with your life
你认为你只有能力
is that you think you’re only going
去做一件事!
to be able to do one thing!
就像如果有人告诉你四年之内
Like if someone told you that in four years you
你必须为你今后的日子
were going to have to pick one musical note to
选择一个音符来听
listen to for the rest of your life,
你会花费大量时间
you would spend a lot
非常焦急地想着该选哪个音符
of time being super anxious about which note to pick
和不同音符的不同音质
and the various tonal qualities of different notes.
但那不是人生的样子!
But that’s not what life is like!
你会总是决定如何
You will always be figuring out what to
度过你的生活
do with your life, and you’ll
并且你得做许多不同的事
get to do lots of different things,
而你的决定会受环境影响
and your decisions will be unmade by circumstance,
就像你的妻子在吉隆坡找到一份工作
like your wife gets a job in Kuala Lumpur,
或是一天晚上你凝视着夜空
or you’re staring at the night sky one night
决定你要拿到天体物理学博士学位
and decide you wan na get a PhD in astrophysics
或是你叔叔去世
Or your uncle dies and there
没人接管他的遗物
‘s no one to take over his junkyard
或是你的弟弟开了个视频大会
or your little brother starts a frickin’ video conference…
就像你现在的生活一样
Just like your life now,
成年人都会有这种介于理想与现实之间的不安
adulthood will have all this tension between idealism and practicality,
你必须平衡相悖的欲望
and you’ll have to balance competing desires.
我的意思是 相信你自己!
I mean, give yourself some credit!
虽然你才14或15岁
Even if you’re 14 or 15,
但你已经是半个成年人了
you’re already kind of doing adulthood.
不过我认为真正让我害怕选择
But I think what actually scared me about choosing
是否要去上学和学什么的是
whether to go to school and what to study
每次我做决定时我所能选择的范围很小
was that each time I made a decision, my options narrowed.
没错 就像假如你是个医学预科生
Right, like if you’re pre-med,
你可能就不会成为一个软件设计人
you’re probably not gon na be a software designer,
如果你学习考古学
and if you study archaeology,
你可能就不会成为一个电力工程师
you’re probably not going to become an electrical engineer,
那些选择可能性的狭小
and there is something a little terrifying
是一个令人害怕的事
about the narrowing of those possibilities
因为你开始意识到它们会继续缩小 直到你死去
because you become aware that they will continue to narrow until you are dead.
那很糟糕 但这还有另一件事
And that sucks, but here’s the other thing,
如果你不做决定 你的选择范围依然狭小
if you don’t make decisions, the options still narrow!
你可以不单单做一件事
And you don’t have to do just one thing,
你可以成为志愿探索考古学的电力工程师
you can be an electrical engineer who volunteers on archaeological digs!
威廉·卡洛斯·威廉姆斯是诗人也是医生
William Carlos Williams was both a poet and a doctor,
茱莉娅·蔡尔德除了是个独特的厨师
Julia Child, aside from being an extraordinary chef,
还是个美国间谍
was also a freaking spy for the United States,
我的意思是 汉克
I mean, Hank,
如果你告诉读大学的我说我有一天会成为一个
if you told my college self that I’d one day be a novelist
兼职把我的大胡子脸贴在陌生人
with a side gig putting my mustachioed face
身上的小说家
on the torsos of strangers,
我会感到非常惊讶
I would have been duly surprised.
在写关于哈利波特的歌前你会学习有机压裂化学
And you studied organic fracking chemistry before writing songs about Harry Potter.
我的建议就是:广泛学习 毫不畏惧
So here’s my advice: study broadly and without fear.
如果可以的话就学习一门语言
Learn a language if you can,
因为那会让你的人生更有趣
because that will make your life more interesting.
每天看点书
Read a little bit every day.
但更重要的是 要试着让自己处于你喜欢的人
But most importantly, try to surround yourself
之中并和他们做一些很酷的事
with people you like and make cool stuff with them.
最后 至少以我的经验
In the end, at least in my experience,
你所做的事并不会与谁和你
what you do isn’t going to be nearly as
一起做 一样有趣或重要
interesting or important as who you do it with.
然后汉克 那就是为什么我总说
And Hank, that’s why I always say
我们作为视频博主做的最好决定也是第一决定:
that the best decision we made as videobloggers was also the first decision:
相互协作
to collaborate with each other.
噢 那听起来和说
Oh, that sounds perilously close
我爱我哥一样危险
to me saying that I love my brother,
所以我得稍微压制下情绪
so I need to cut the sentiment a little bit.
我得思考些事 也许我只会说 “你真蠢”或什么的
I need to think of something like maybe I’ll just be like,”You have a stupid face”, or something.
对 那很好
Yeah, that’s good.
汉克 你真蠢 我们周五见
Hank, you have a stupid face. I’ll see you on Friday.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

有关如何度过人生的建议

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

kayra

审核员

审核员A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lkn8MS3n8Q

相关推荐