未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

当因为懒惰而不能养成你的习惯时,你应该怎么做

What to Do When You're Too Lazy to Stick to Your Habits

The philosopher Aristotle once said that we are what we repeatedly do.
哲学家亚里士多德曾说过 重复的行为造就了我们
Excellence then is not an act but a habit.
优秀不是一种行为 而是一种习惯
And this reality is reassuring
这种说法是可靠的
because it reminds us that achieving our goals
因为这提醒我们想要达成目标
requires lots of little manageable steps over time
需要长期坚持 实现一个个可行的小目标
rather than one giant Herculean effort.
不只是仅凭一次巨大的努力
But it’s also stressful
但这也让人倍感压力
because it means committing to changing our behavior
因为它意味着我们要保证
on a day to day basis for a long period of time.
坚持很长一段时间内每天改变我们的行为
And whether you’re trying to increase your endurance
无论你是想尝试提升耐力
or learn to play an instrument, or read more,
还是去学习弹奏一种乐器 或去阅读更多的书
or even do something as simple as take care of a plant everyday,
或是仅仅是每天给植物浇浇水这样简单的事
you probably know from experience
你可能从日常经验中得知
the process of adding new habits
在平时生活中
into your day to day life is a difficult one.
养成一个新习惯的过程并不简单
Now I wanted to know what exactly makes
那么我想知道究竟是什么
this process so difficult for different people.
让这个过程对不同的人来说都如此的困难
So a couple of days ago,
所以几天前
I asked over on my Instagram what was the biggest thing
我在Instagram上询问 什么阻碍了你们在日常生活中
that prevents you guys from adding new positive habits to your day to day life?
养成新的积极习惯?
And I got some pretty interesting
我得到了一些非常有趣的回答
answers including some funny ones like pizza,
甚至包括一些滑稽的 比如披萨
and evil twin of Jorgen Von Strangle that hits me
比如挥着鞭子的Jorgen Von Strangle 的邪恶孪生兄弟
with a whip every time I’m trying to do something useful?
每次在我试着做一些有用事情的时候制止我
But a lot of the answers seem to be variations on two key problems.
但是很多回答集中在两个关键问题上
One, actually remembering to do the habit,
一是记得去完成这个习惯
and the other one, which was by far the most common answer
另一个目前为止是最常见的答案
pure, unadulterated laziness.
就是纯粹的 完全的懒惰
So today, I wan na share a little hack
所以今天 我想分享一些
that I’ve been using for quite a while which
我用了一段时间的窍门
can help with both of these problems.
这个窍门对这两种问题都有帮助
This is something that can help you both remember to do those habits
这既可以提醒你去做这些事
and actually make them easier to do.
又让你更容易去完成它们
And it involves using if-then logic
这个方法通过if-then逻辑
to bind those habits to things that you already do every single day.
把这些习惯和已经在每天做的事情联系起来
If-then logic crops up everywhere from math to computer programming, to game design,
if-then逻辑随处可见 从数学到电脑编程再到游戏设计
and it’s usually implemented in what are called conditional statements.
它常见于所谓的条件语句中
So let me briefly explain exactly what these are
所以让我以我喜欢的游戏之一《魔法风云会》为例
and how they work using one of my favorite games Magic: The Gathering.
简洁地解释if-then逻辑到底是什么 以及它是如何奏效的
In Magic, you have two different types of abilities,
在该游戏中你有两种不同类型的能力
activated abilities and triggered abilities.
激活能力和触发能力
Activated abilities are ones that require you to take action to use them.
激活能力需要你做些动作之后才能使用
So for example, take this card, Birds of Paradise.
比如 拿着这张卡牌 天堂鸟
This little symbol here is telling me that
这个小小的标志告诉我
I have to tap the card in order
我得轻敲卡片
to use the action printed on it.
才能使用印在卡牌上的动作
By contrast, triggered abilities are ones that automatically happen when something else happens.
相反 触发能力是一种当一些事发生时能自动开启的能力
So in the case of a card like Man-o’-War,
像这张风帆战舰的卡牌
the ability on the card is going to
它上面的能力
be triggered automatically when it enters the battlefield.
当它进入战场时就会自动触发
You don’t have to do anything.
你不需要做任何事
It’s a conditional statement.
这是个条件语句
If it enters the battlefield,
如果它进入了战场
then you bounce something back to your opponent’s hand.
它就会把东西反弹回对手
And then your opponent probably flips the table.
然后你的对手可能会掀桌子
So let’s move on from there and look at
游戏介绍到此为止 接下来我们来看看
how these conditional statements might be used in a computer program,
如何在计算机编程中运用条件语句
say YouTube’s recommendation algorithm. Now,
例如YouTube的推荐算法
this is an incredibly complicated piece of software
这是一款非常复杂的软件
and even YouTube’s engineers don’t know exactly how it works.
甚至YouTube的程序员也不知道它究竟是怎么工作的
It’s kind of a black box but
有点像个暗箱
one thing we know that it does do
我们可以确定
is change up the recommendations you see on your homepage
它能基于你的浏览记录
based on your behavior.
更改你在主页上看到的推荐
So for example,
例如
if you were to click the like button on this video,
如果你点击“喜欢”本视频的按钮
then some code would automatically go into effect
那么一些代码就会自动生效
to show you more videos like this one.
给你推送更多类似的视频
And likewise, if you were to click the dislike button,
同样地 如果你点击了“不喜欢”按钮
you would see fewer videos like this.
你就会看到更少类似的视频
– [Man] By the way,
顺便提一下
that’s an invitation to click the like button.
现在你应该给我点个赞哦~~~
– So here’s how all this relates to habit building.
现在的问题是如何将这些与习惯形成联系起来
What we wanna do is set the if part of the statement
我们想做的是将语句中的if部分设置为
as something you already do every single day.
你每天已经在做的事情
Or hopefully multiple times a day.
最好是一天要做好几次的事
And then set the then part
然后将语句中的then部分设置为
of the statement to the habit that you wan na start building.
你想要开始养成的习惯
In an ideal world, this would mean
在理想状态下 这意味着
that you would start to do your new
你会无意识地开始做你的新习惯
habits automatically regardless of what they were.
不管它们是什么
Going to the gym more often,
经常健身
actually remembering to oil your cybernetic augmentations,
记得加强你的自控力
just meditating every single day, whatever it is.
每天冥想 随便什么都行
There would be absolutely no conscious effort involved.
这其中绝对不能涉及有意识的尝试
It would be like that triggered ability on the Magic card.
它就像魔术卡牌上的触发能力
But unfortunately, at least in this context,
但不幸的是 至少在这个场景中
we aren’t automatons.
我们不是机器人
Our brains don’t run on computer code.
我们的大脑不是基于电脑编码运作的
And as a result, there’s no 100% fool-proof way
因此 没有100%有效的方法
to build this triggered ability into our minds.
来把这种触发能力固定在我们的大脑中
The best that we can do is try to set things up,
我们要尽量创造条件
so that the habit
以便我们尝试养成的习惯
that we’re trying to build is more like that triggered ability
能够更像与风帆战舰相似的触发能力
like that Man-o’-War card than that activated ability like the Birds of Paradise.
而不是像天堂鸟那样的激活能力
And this actually works out really well
并且这真的很有用
cause I freaking love jellyfish and my friend had a parakeet
因为我特别喜欢水母 高中时我的朋友有一只长尾小鹦鹉
in high school and I hated that thing.
我很讨厌鹦鹉
Anyway, the best way to accomplish this is through environmental design.
无论如何 完成这一目标最好的方式是环境设计
You wan na start looking
你想开始寻找
for ways that you can set up your living space and your tools
你能够设置生活空间和你的工具的方法
so that the things you do every single
以便你每天做的事情
day both remind you to perform your habits
既能使你记得完成习惯
and make it easier to do so.
又能使你的习惯更容易完成
And with that, it is time for some examples.
下面是一些例子
I’m gonna start with the thing that
首先
actually gave me the inspiration for this whole conditional statements idea in the first place.
我从给予我整个条件语句灵感的事情开始
Which was putting door frame pull-up bar in my office doorway.
那就是在我办公室的门框上安一个拉杆
That way, every single time I walk into my office,
这样 每次我走进办公室
I do five pull-ups and I get really good at pull-ups as a result.
我就做5个引体向上 后来 我变得很擅长引体向上
And I gotta admit, this is not an original idea.
另外我需要承认 这并不是我的原创
My dad used to be in the military before I was born
在我出生前 我父亲曾在军队服役
and he once told me that to get into the mess hall
他曾告诉我 要进入食堂
whether they actually ate lunch and dinner
不管是不是真的去吃午饭 晚饭
and all those other meals of the day,
或是其他任何饭
breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, all those things.
像是 早饭 早午饭 上午茶 不管它是什么
You had to do five pull-ups before you could actually go in there.
在你进餐厅前 你都要做五个引体向上
And as a result, all the cadets got really good at doing pull-ups.
最后 所有的新兵都变得非常擅长引体向上
And doing pull-ups is that something I personally wanna get really good at,
做引体向上是我个人想要掌握的技能
hence the door frame pull-up bar to my office.
因此有了办公室门前的拉杆
I also applied this idea back in college
我同样把这个想法用到了大学时
to the task of doing push-ups every single morning
每天早上坚持做俯卧撑
and getting up early on a consistent basis.
和早起的任务上
And I did this by putting my alarm
我把闹钟
underneath the coffee table in my room.
放在屋里的咖啡桌下面
Not only did that require me to get down on my knees
这样做不仅需要我在早晨跪在地上
and reach for the phone to actually turn it off in the morning,
拿到我的手机之后再关掉它
which was more moving around, more action
这已经做了很多动作
that would actually wake me up,
而这些动作实际上帮我醒觉了
but at that point, I was now down on the ground
而此时 我现在已经趴在地上了
and I might as well do some push-ups since I’m down there.
既然我在地上趴着了 我便可以顺便俯卧撑
And this example is a great illustration
这个例子是说明
of how our brains are not like computers.
我们的大脑与机器人有何不同
Because I could easily just get up and not do the push-ups.
因为我可能仅仅起床而不做俯卧撑
So it’s really all about putting yourself in the position
所以这种方法能让你在这个位置
to make doing the habit easier.
处于更容易的状态来完成习惯
It’s not about a foolproof method. Now,
但这不是个万无一失的方法
so far all I’ve talked
目前我所说过的
about are habits that improve your physical well-being.
是养成改善你身体健康的习惯
But what if you wanted to write more often?
但是如果你想更经常地写作呢?
What if you wanted to get into a journaling habit?
如果你想要养成写日记的习惯呢?
Or do NaNoWriMo? Or write the next great Harry Potter fan fiction
或写小说的习惯呢? 或写一部像哈利波特那样的畅销小说
that dethrones the current greatest one?
甚至比它更畅销
Which is clearly Maya Mortal.
很明显这些方法都太古老了
Well, what if you went into your computer Startup settings
好吧 如果你进入电脑的开始菜单设置
and set it to automatically open up
让它开机自动打开
your favorite writing program every time you turned your computer on?
你最爱的写作软件呢?
And you could pair that up
你可以配合一个
with the application blocking properties of an app like Freedom
像Freedom这样带禁止属性的软件使用
which could lock down your browser and your games,
它能锁住你的浏览器和游戏
making writing the obvious choice whenever you turn your computer on.
让你每次开机时 写作软件都处于最明显的位置
Now putting all of these ideas aside,
现在把所有这些想法放在一边
you could of course use a task manager
你当然也可以用一个任务管理器
or a calendar app to create reminders to do your habits.
或设置日历软件来提醒你去执行你的习惯
But this only solves the reminding half of the problem.
但是这只能解决一半的问题 即提醒那部分
Changing your environment and your tools
改变你的环境和工具
to create these little if-then pairings,
去创造这些假设配对
to create these conditional statements actually solves both halves of the problem.
创建这些条件语句实际上才能解决全部问题
It both reminds you to do the habit
它既能提醒你去实施习惯
and combats the laziness problem that so many of you cited
也能通过把事情变得容易实施
by making it so much easier to do.
来解决你们提到的懒惰问题
Now, there are lots of other methods out there for building strong habits.
现在 有很多其它的方法帮我们建立牢固的习惯
But for me, using conditional logic was a creative solution
但对我来说 使用条件逻辑是一种创造性的方案
that helped me get even better at doing it.
可以帮助我做得更好
And it’s worth remembering that for any problem,
并且值得记住的是 面对任何问题
there is almost always a creative solution out there
这几乎一直是一个创造性解决方案
that hasn’t been found yet.
一直没有被发现
So instead of sticking to the established methods,
因此不要坚持既定的方法
be the online lists or even videos like this one,
依赖一个在线清单甚至一个类似视频
it’s often better to analyze the details of the problem yourself
通常能使你更好地分析问题的细节
and try to come up with a creative solution.
试着提出创造性解决方案
Doing this is a skill that can benefit you
掌握这个技能不仅会使你
both in your personal life with things like habit building,
在个人生活诸如习惯养成中收益
but also in your career.
也对你的职业生涯也有帮助
And if you’re wondering how you can start improving that skill,
并且如果你在想怎样能着手提升这个技能
one useful tool you should check out is brilliant.org.
一个有用的工具brilliant.org可以帮到你
At its core, Brilliant is a tool that can
Brilliant的核心
help you learn math, science, and computer science
是比传统的方法更有效地
much more effectively than with traditional methods.
帮助你学习数学 科学和计算机科学的工具
But along the way,
与此同时
it can also help you become a more creative and capable problem solver as well.
它也让你变得更具创造性的解决问题
All of Brilliant’s courses prioritize active learning
Brilliant所有课程更倾向主动学习
and problem solving right from the get go.
并且直接解决问题根源
So you’ll find yourself immediately improving your analytical and creative capabilities.
因此你会发现分析和创造能力迅速提高
Whether you’re learning calculus, figuring out how gravitational physics works,
不论你在学习微积分 运用物理引力
breaking down sorting algorithms in computer science,
分解计算机科学的排序算法
or tackling any of the other courses in their library.
或在图书馆学习其它课程
This also means that you won’t find yourself bored.
这也意味着你并不会觉得无聊
Because unlike traditional lecture-style classes,
因为不像传统讲座风格的课程
you’ll be using what you learn right away.
你将能马上使用你学到的知识
I’m a huge fan of Brilliant’s learning philosophy
我对在Brilliant上学习哲学很感兴趣
which prioritizes active learning and curiosity
该网站重视主动学习和好奇心的培养
and allowing for failure.
并且允许你失败
So if you wanna start improving your problem-solving skills,
因此如果你想开始提高问题解决技巧
I definitely recommend you give them a try.
我绝对推荐你去试试Brilliant
To start learning for free,
免费开始学习
you can head on over to brilliant.org/thomasfrank
你可以点击BRILLIANT.ORG/THOMASFRANK
which you’ll find in the description down below and
网址可以在视频下面描述中找到
if you’re among the first 83 people to click
如果你是前83个
that link and sign up, you’re also gonna
点击链接并注册的人
get 20 % off your annual premium subscription.
你会每年比别人少付两成订阅费
I wanna give a big thanks to Brilliant
我非常感谢Brilliant
for sponsoring this video and being a huge supporter of this channel in general
因为它赞助并大力支持本频道
and as always guys, thank you so much for watching this video.
同时非常感谢一如既往收看这个节目的人
If you enjoyed it, clicking that like button is appreciated
如果你喜欢 请点击“喜欢”按钮
as always as we talked about that conditional logic will start
我们之前谈论的这个条件逻辑将生效
to kick in and it helps both you and my channel
这不仅会对我的频道有利 同时也会帮助你
and if you haven’t subscribed yet,
如果还没有订阅
definitely do so right there so you don’t miss out on future videos.
赶紧订阅 你就不会错过以后的视频啦
You can also click right over there to get a free copy of my book on how to earn better grades
你也可以点击右上角免费获取我关于如何取得好成绩一书的拷贝版
or click right here to see one more video on this channel. Also,
或者点这边 浏览更多视频
while you’re here,
另外
don’t forget to follow me over on Instagram
别忘记关注我的ins
where I’m doing IGTV videos, answering DMs,
在那里我会在全天候
and posting all the time.
发布IGTV视频 回复私信
So definitely do that.
所以一定要订阅哦
Thanks for watching, and I will see you in the next video.
感谢观看 下期节目再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

怎样更好的培养自己的习惯

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

火龙果填籽工

审核员

审核员SX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKV0xrfH8yY

相关推荐