ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如果被困在电梯中该怎么办 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如果被困在电梯中该怎么办

What to Actually Do If You’re Trapped In An Elevator

You can hardly believe the day is finally here –
你简直不敢相信这一天终于来了
you’ve worked tirelessly for months to claw your way up the leaderboard,
你不知疲倦地工作了好几个月才登上了排行榜
and now all that’s left for you to do is to ride the elevator up to the arena floor
现在你要做的就是乘电梯到竞技场所在楼层
and take your place in video game history
在堡垒之夜世界杯比赛的电子游戏历史上
at the Fortnite World Cup
占得一席之地
– what could possibly go wrong?
可能会出什么问题呢?
As the elevator doors close behind you
当电梯门在你身后关上
and the car starts to rise towards the arena,
轿厢开始升向竞技场时
you feel a shudder and then…nothing –
你感到一阵颤抖 然后什么都没发生
the elevator isn’t moving;
电梯不动了
you’re stuck, and panic immediately starts to set in as you frantically
你被困住了 当你疯狂搜索大脑
search your brain for any clue as to what to actually do
寻找被困在电梯里应该做什么的线索时
if you’re trapped in an elevator.
你立刻恐慌起来
“No, no, no!” you yell,
“不 不 不” 你大喊着
as you frantically mash buttons on the elevator’s control panel to no effect.
并猛烈地敲击电梯控制面板上的按钮 但无济于事
This can’t be happening, not right now!
怎么发生这种事 别在这时候发生啊!
You can’t believe your whole life is about to be ruined by a broken elevator.
你不敢相信你的人生就要被这部坏电梯毁掉了
You’ve worked so hard to get here,
你很努力才走到今天
and you absolutely can’t miss this opportunity.
你绝对不能错过这个机会
You’ve always loved video games, maybe a little bit too much –
你一直都很喜欢电子游戏 也许喜欢得有些过头了
your parents certainly don’t understand it
你的父母当然无法理解
– but it wasn’t until you saw the first ever Fortnite World Cup
但直到你第一次看到堡垒之夜世界杯比赛
that you realized there might actually be a future for you in video games.
你意识到你在电子游戏领域可能真的会有一席之地
After 13 year old Kyle “Bugha” Giersdorf won the tournament
在13岁的Kyle Bugha Giersdorf赢得锦标赛
– and the $3 million dollar prize –
以及300万美元的奖金后
you were inspired to take your favorite hobby from pastime to career.
你受到了启发 你把最大的爱好从消遣变成了事业
As your blood pressure rises and you break out in a cold sweat,
当你血压升高 直冒冷汗时
your panicking brain starts to come up with some crazy ideas.
你惊慌的大脑开始涌现出疯狂的想法
You remember watching the Die Hard movies as a kid,
你回忆起小时候看的《龙胆虎威》系列
and picture John McClain spidermaning around the building’s elevator shaft.
想象约翰•麦克莱恩在电梯井内下滑的场景
How did he do that?
他是怎么做到的?
Think, think, think.
努力想
You look up – there’s an air vent in the roof.
你抬头看 轿厢顶部有一个通风口
If you could pop it off, you might be able to crawl out the top of the car.
如果你能打开它 你就有可能从轿厢顶部爬出去
You jump up and try to reach the grate, but it’s just out of reach.
你跳起来试着够到金属栅栏 但就是够不着
Right about the time you’re balancing on the hand railing
当你站在扶手栏杆上试着保持平衡
and trying to reach over to pull down the grate,
并试图伸手拉下金属栅栏的时候
you realize what a dumb idea this is.
你意识到这是个多么愚蠢的想法
How are you going to pull yourself up through the hole?
你打算怎么把自己从这个洞里拉出去呢?
A year of full-time gaming
全职打一年的游戏
certainly hasn’t done any miracles for your biceps.
显然没有给你的二头肌带来任何惊喜
And even if you could get through, then what?
就算你从洞里爬了出去 然后呢?
Where would you go?
你能去哪儿呢?
And what if the car suddenly started to move?
要是轿厢突然开始移动怎么办?
You shudder as you imagine taking a wild ride on top of
当你想象自己在轿厢上来一场疯狂的旅行时
a runaway elevator car,
你不寒而栗
and you climb down from the railing.
然后你从栏杆上爬了下来
Okay, so climbing out the top isn’t an option,
所以从顶部爬出去是行不通的
but you need to get out of here now – think!
但你现在就得离开这里 快想想!
What can you try next?
接下来怎么做?
As you stand there panting,
当你站在那里气喘吁吁的时候
it hits you: Of course – the door!
灵机一动:当然得从门出去!
You’ll just pry it open and climb out.
你只要撬开它然后爬出去就行了
Simple.
小菜一碟
Why didn’t you think of that first?
为什么你一开始没想到呢?
You waste no time and quickly start working the doors apart.
你抓紧时间迅速开始把门撬开
It takes quite a bit of effort for you to pry the heavy doors apart,
要撬开沉重的门需要花很大的力气
but eventually you’re able to wedge them partially open.
但最终你会撬开部分的门
It looks like the car is stuck halfway between floors,
看起来轿厢卡在了楼层中间
but the gap looks plenty big enough for you to slip out.
但门的间隙足够大 你可以出去
You poke your head through the door to take a quick look around the floor outside
你从门中探出头来 快速地环顾了一下外面
– it looks mostly deserted,
周围看起来空无一人
except for a janitor mopping at the end of the hall.
除了一个在大厅尽头拖地的清洁工
As you’re plotting out the best way to crawl out of the elevator,
当你在计划爬出电梯的最佳方式时
you hear footsteps running towards you
你听见向你跑来的脚步声
and someone shouting “Whoa, what the heck do you think you’re doing!? Are you crazy!?”
有人大喊 “哇 你在干嘛?你疯了吗?”
You step back into the car just as the janitor reaches the door.
当清洁工到电梯门口时 你回到了轿厢中
He lays down on the floor and pears through the gap at you, looking terrified.
他趴在地板上 隔着缝隙惊恐地看着你
“What were you thinking!?
“你在想什么呢?”
Are you trying to get killed!?” he shouts.
“你想死吗?” 他大喊道
You start to explain about the tournament, and the elevator, and your dreams
你向他解释道你的锦标赛 电梯 还有你的梦想
and how it’s all falling apart.
以及你的梦想如何破灭
Just as you’re starting to get really worked up, he stops you.
当你开始变得激动起来 他阻止了你
“It’s okay, you’re gonna be fine,” he says, softening.
他温和地对你说 “没事的 你会没事的”
“You just need to stay calm, and we’re gonna get you outta here.”
“你只需要保持镇静 我们会把你救出来的”
Stay calm?, you think.
保持镇静?开玩笑呢吧
How can you possibly stay calm right now?
此时此刻怎么可能保持镇静?
Seeing your distress, the janitor starts talking.
看到你痛苦的样子 清洁工开始跟你聊天
“Lucky for you, I used to work in New York City,
“你真幸运 我以前在纽约工作
and this ain’t my first elevator mishap!
这不是我第一次遇到电梯出事故了
In fact, I have a proven, 3-step process
事实上 当你被困在电梯里时
to follow when you’re trapped in an elevator. Interested?”
实践证明有三个步骤可以遵循 有兴趣听听吗?”
Interested?
有兴趣?
You’ve never been more interested in anything – except video games
你这一生从未对任何东西如此有兴趣过
– in your life!
除了电子游戏
“Yes sir, I sure know all about elevators” he says.
“是的 先生 我对电梯很了解” 他说道
“Did you know that in the year 2015 alone,
“你知道吗 仅在2015年
51 people were injured and 5 people died in New York City elevator accidents?
纽约的电梯事故中就有51人受伤 5人死亡
It’s such a big problem that the mayor did a whole big campaign about it.
这是个大问题 市长为此发起了一个大型宣传活动
That’s how I know all about this 3 step plan.
所以我才知道了这三个步骤
They put ads all over town,
他们在镇上到处投放广告
on the buses, in the papers, on the radio
公车上 报纸上 还有收音机上都有
– ‘Stay put. Stay safe’ was the tagline.”
口号是’待在原地 注意安全’”
You’re trying to be patient and hear him out,
你试着耐心地听他说完
but the clock is ticking
但时间不停留
and all this chit chat isn’t helping get you out of here.
这些谈话并不能帮助你离开电梯
“That’s great and all,” you say,
你说 “这很好
“but what’s the first step to get me out of here?”
但从这里出去的第一步是什么?”
The janitor smiles.
清洁工笑了
“Step 1”, he says, “is ‘Don’t Panic’.”
他说 “第一步就是别惊慌”
You are about to start yelling again
你又要开始大叫了
when he cuts you off and continues.
这时他打断了你并继续往下说
“You’re no good to yourself if you’re so panicked
“如果你惊慌失措 无法冷静思考
that you’re not thinkin’ straight,
这对你来说没有好处
and no one’s gonna be able to get in there to help you,
而且没人能进去帮你
so you might as well take some deep breaths and chill the heck out”.
你还是深呼吸 冷静冷静吧”
You realize that he’s right,
你意识到他是对的
so you try to take some slow, steady breaths
所以你试着慢慢地 调匀呼吸
and calm your racing heart.
让快速跳动的心平静下来
Eventually, the combination of the breathing
最后 平稳的呼吸
and the janitor’s calm presence
平静的清洁工
and rambling stories seems to be working,
以及杂乱无章的故事似乎奏效了
and you can feel some rational thought returning to your brain.
你感觉到理性的想法回到了你的大脑中
“Okay”, you say, “I think I’m ready for Step 2.”
你说 “好吧 我想我准备好做第二步了”
“Right”, says the janitor.
清洁工说 “好的”
“This step is very important, so pay attention.
“这一步很重要 认真听
I want you to look at the control panel, and find the emergency button.
我要你看一看控制面板 找到紧急按钮
It’s probably a big, red button…”
它可能是一个又大又红的按钮”
You immediately flush with embarassment – how could you be so stupid?
你立刻尴尬地脸红了 你怎么会这么傻?
The emergency button!
紧急按钮!
Why didn’t you think of that in the first place?
你为什么一开始没有想到呢?
As if he can read your thoughts,
清洁工仿佛能读懂你的心思
the janitor says “Don’t beat yourself up, kid.
他说 “别自责了 孩子
There’s a reason that step number 1 is ‘Don’t Panic’
第一步是’不要惊慌’这是有原因的
– it’s hard to think straight when your brain
当你的大脑每分钟要跑一英里的时候
is going a mile a minute!”
你很难清醒地思考”
Feeling slightly better, you press the emergency call button and within a few seconds,
感觉稍微好一点之后 你按下了紧急呼叫按钮
you’re connected to the stadium’s maintenance department.
几秒内 你就接通了体育场的维修部
You explain what’s happened and where you are,
你告诉对方发生的事情以及你所在的位置
and the person on the other end tells you just to ‘hang tight’, and that help is on the way.
另一端的人告诉你坚持住 救援的人已经来了
Sure, you think as you disconnect, you’ll ‘hang tight’ –
当然 断开连接时你认为你会坚持住
what else are you going to do?
除此之外你还能做什么?
“Step 2,” the janitor is saying, “is ‘Call for help’.
清洁工说 “第二步是呼救
By law, every elevator has to have an emergency button of some kind.
根据法律 每部电梯都必须有某种紧急按钮
But if, for some reason, there isn’t one,
但如果由于某种原因 没有这个按钮
or if it’s not working, well,
“或者按钮不起作用
you better start bangin’ on those doors and hope someone hears you.
那么你最好是敲打电梯门 希望有人能听见
The last thing you want to do is try to climb out on your own
你最不想做的事就是自己爬出来
– you never know when the thing will start back up – or let go! –
你永远不知道电梯什么时候重新启动或是往下掉
and that’s how people get themselves killed.”
这就是人们死掉的原因”
You understand what he’s getting at, but as the minutes
你明白他的意思 但随着时间的流逝
slip by with no sign of rescue,
且没有任何救援的迹象
you start to think that you’re going to have no choice
你开始意识到 你别无选择
but to take the chance and crawl your way to freedom.
只能抓住机会 爬向通往自由的道路
Almost as if he can tell what you’re plotting, the janitor pipes up again.
清洁工又开始大喊起来 就像他能看穿你在想什么
“Are ya ready for step 3?” he asks.
他问你 “准备好做第三步了吗?”
In your relief that help is on the way,
救援正在路上 你松了口气
you almost forgot that there was a step 3.
几乎忘记了还有第三步
“Sure,” you say, humoring him.
“当然” 你顺着他的话说道
“What’s step 3?”
“第三步是什么?”
“We wait!” he laughs,
“我们等着” 他笑了笑
as if he’s just said the funniest thing in the world.
就好像他刚刚说了世界上最好笑的事
You fail to see the humor in it.
你看不出其中的幽默
“No matter what, it’s gonna take some time for help
“无论如何 救援到达这里也需要时间
to get to you, and even some time for them to get you out safely once they get here,
就算救援到了 把你安全救出来也需要时间
so you might as well get comfortable.”
你还是安心地等着吧”
He can tell that you aren’t buying in to step 3, so he goes on.
他知道你根本不接受第三步 所以他继续往下说
“This may not seem like an important step at all,
“这看起来可能根本不是重要的一步
but panicking in a situation like this can get someone hurt.
但在这种情况下惊慌失措可能会让人受伤
Keeping calm and keeping the mood positive is a key step.
保持冷静和积极的心态是很关键的
If you’re alone and have a cell phone on you,
如果你独自一人 身上有一部手机
that can be a useful distraction.
可能会有效地分散你的注意力
So can a book, some deep breathing or some mental games.
一本书 一些深呼吸或心理游戏也是可以的
If you’re with other people,
如果还有其他人
playing some icebreaker games can help ease the tension
玩一些破冰游戏有助于缓解紧张情绪
and keep the mood positive until help arrives.”
并在救援到达之前保持积极的心态”
“Don’t worry, kid”, he concludes.
他最后说 “别担心 孩子
“I’ll keep you company until help gets here.
我会一直陪着你 直到救援到达
Let’s see, how can we pass the time?”
让我想想怎么来打发时间?”
You have an idea.
你有一个主意
You’re not sure it’s a good one,
考虑到现在的情况
considering the circumstances, but you have nothing better
你不确定这是不是一个好主意
to do and you can’t help but be curious.
但你没有更好的事可做 你忍不住好奇
You decide to go for it.
你决定付诸实践
“Hey”, you start, tentatively.
“嘿” 你开始试探性地说
“Back when you worked in New York,
“当你还在纽约工作的时候
you said you saw your fair share of elevator mishaps. What did you mean by that?”
你说你看到了很多的电梯事故 是什么意思啊?”
“Oh sure,” he says.
他说 “噢 是的”
“In a city with more than 70,000 elevators, you’d be hard pressed
“在一个有七万多部电梯的城市
not to have some first-hand experience with one gone wrong!
不亲身体验一下出问题的电梯是很难的
I remember my first one.
我记得我第一次遇到的事故
It was New Year’s Eve, and a young man who was attending a party at the building
新年前夜 一位在大楼参加聚会的年轻男子
saved the life of one of the residents
救了其中一个住户的生命
when he pushed her out of the elevator
当时他把这个住户推出电梯
as the car let go and began to fall down the shaft.
由于电梯松开了 它开始在竖井里往下掉
He was trapped between the elevator and the door,
他被困在了电梯和门之间
and ended up dying later at the hospital.”
后来在医院里去世了”
He shakes his head sadly.
他悲伤地摇摇头
“There’s two types of elevators,
“电梯有两种
you see – this here is an older hydraulic model,
你看 这是一种老式的液压模型
runs on fluid-filled pistons that move the car up and down.
靠充满液体的活塞运行 可以上下移动轿厢
That one was a newer electric model
那个是一款较新的电动型
that uses a counterbalance weight to raise and lower the car.
它采用平衡重来升降轿厢
The counter weight must have let go somehow.”
配重一定是由于某种原因松开了
“There was another one, though, that still haunts me to this day.
不过 还有一件事至今仍萦绕在我心头
It’s so sad because it could have been prevented.
这事太悲惨了 因为它本是可以避免的
The elevator was overloaded,
电梯超载了
so when it stopped at the lobby it wasn’t level with the floor.
所以当它停在大厅时 它和地面不是齐平的
This man was too impatient, so he tried to get off the elevator,
有个男子太不耐烦了 他试着走出电梯
but as he stepped through the doors the car started moving again,
但当他踏出电梯门时 轿厢再起启动
crushing his head and chest.
压碎了他的头部和胸部
So sad…”
太惨了”
He trails off, lost in thought.
清洁工走神了 陷入了沉思
Just as the reality of your brush with death starts to sink in,
就在你与死亡擦肩而过的现实开始浮现时
help finally arrives.
救援人员终于到了
A team from security shows up and tells you to stand back
一队安保人员出现了 他们叫你退后
while they lock out the elevator and make it safe for you to exit.
他们要锁上电梯 以确保你能安全离开
The second they give you the all clear, you leap from the elevator
他们让你出来的那一秒 你跳下电梯
and fall gratefully to your knees on the solid ground of the hallway.
满怀感激地跪在走廊坚实的地面上
But your relief doesn’t last long –
但你不会花太长时间去放松
you have a tournament to win!
你还要赢得一场锦标赛!
You scramble to your feet and race to the nearest stairwell
你爬起来 奔向最近的楼梯间
– no way are you getting into another elevator.
你是绝对不会再走进另一部电梯的
You don’t have a second to spare so you shout a thank-you to the janitor
你一秒钟也不能浪费 所以你对清洁工说了声谢谢
and sprint for the arena, taking the stairs two at a time.
然后冲向竞技场 一次走两个台阶
If you thought this video was fascinating,
如果你觉得这个视频很赞
be sure and check out our other videos,
一定要看看我们其他的视频
like this one called “I Was Trapped in a Canyon for 127 Hours”,
比如这个叫《我被困在峡谷里127小时》的视频
or maybe you’ll like this other video.
也许你会喜欢它

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频讲述了被困在电梯里要做的几个步骤。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Spencer

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAk9BS0BcUc

相关推荐