未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

当你把口香糖吞下去,肠胃里会发生什么

What Really Happens When You Swallow Gum?

大家好 这里是D新闻 我是艾米今天我们聊聊最恶心的习惯 嚼口香糖
Hey guys, Amy with you on DNews today talking about that most obnoxious of habits: gum chewing.
不论是听说肚子里会长出口香糖树还是吞下的口香糖会在体内待7年
Whether you were told a gum-tree would grow in your tummy or that swallowed gum would
几乎每个人都听说过不要吞下口香糖
stick around for seven years, pretty much everyone was told to never swallow gum…
但是为什么呢
But why?
如果吞下口香糖 会发生什么
What would happen if you did?
让我们从最简单的开始吧
So let’s start with the obvious.
当我们咀嚼时 食物就开始分解了 这是因为我们的唾液中有酶
When we chew food, it disintegrates – that’s because we have an enzyme in our saliva that,
随着咀嚼开始分解食物
along with chewing, starts breaking down food.
我们吞下食物以后 蛋白质和酶会在胃里进一步消化它们
Then we swallow it, and proteins and enzymes in our stomach breaks the food down further
因此所有必需的营养物质都会适于我们的肠道吸收
so all the necessary nutrients are ready to be absorbed by our intestines.
未被吸收的物质会随着我们身体要排出的其它副产物一起
What isn’t absorbed is excreted as waste along with other by-products our body wants
排泄出来
to get rid of.
但是不论我们嚼多少次 分泌多少唾液 口香糖都不会分解
But gum doesn’t disintegrate no matter how much we chew it and slobber on it… it just
它就是不会参与我们嘴里的消化过程
doesn’t start going through the digestive process in our mouths!
这个发现并不新鲜
And this isn’t a new discovery.
考古学家曾发现一些可追溯到中石器时代的桦皮焦油
Archaeologists have found tooth-marked lumps of birch bark tar dating back to the Mesolithic
上面有牙印
period of the Stone Age.
古希腊的女人通过嚼乳香来清洁牙齿和清新口气
Ancient Greek women chewed mastic to clean their teeth and freshen their breath; Native
美洲原住民教会了殖民者嚼云杉的树脂解渴
Americans taught colonists they could quench their thirst by chewing a resin from spruce
而在19世纪 人们嚼起了加糖的固体石蜡
trees; and in the 19th century, people chewed sweetened paraffin wax.
直到第二次世界大战 口香糖的基质才变成了糖胶树胶 它是人心果树的
Until the Second World War, the base of gum was chicle, the latex sap from the sapodilla
乳胶汁液
trees.
现代的口香糖使用合成胶或天然胶模仿糖胶树胶的特性
Modern gum uses a synthetic or natural rubber that mimics the properties chicle… it’s
它的甜味剂和风味物质混合着胶质随着咀嚼在你口中释放出来
rubber mixed with sweetener and flavours that release into your mouth when you chew it…
很有食欲 对吗
appetizing, eh?
所以吞下口香糖归根结底相当于吞下橡胶 听起来好像对你的身体
So swallowing gum comes down to swallowing rubber, which just sounds like it’d be bad
有害
for your body!
我是说 美国食品药品管理局把口香糖定义为无营养的咀嚼物
I mean, the FDA classifies gum as a “nonnutritive masticatory substance”!
不好的一面是 口香糖的基质-橡胶-不能被消化
The bad part is that gum’s base – that rubber – is not digestible; our bodies can break
我们的身体可以分解口香糖中的一些糖和香料 但是并不能分解
down some of the sugars that give gum its sweetness and flavour but the wad of rubber
那一团橡胶
isn’t getting broken down.
好的一面就是 我们的身体有其它的方法把东西排出去 而我们的消化道
On the plus side, our bodies have other ways of getting things out; our digest tract is
是一个活跃的地方
an active place.
肌肉的收缩能够使食物在体内移动 也可以帮助口香糖块移动
Muscle contractions that move food through our bodies will help the gum wad along, and
最终使它从另一端排出
it’ll eventually come out the other end.
这有点像玉米粒的外皮
It’s sort of like the husks of corn seeds.
我们的身体不能消化它们 但是它们并不会聚集在胃里
Our bodies can’t digest them, but they don’t just pile up in our stomachs.
仔细点你会注意到 你会在几小时到几天排出这些外皮
If you look closely, you’ll notice you pass those husks in a few hours or couple of days,
时间长短取决于你的消化系统
depending on your own digestive system.
但是这不代表你要养成吞口香糖的习惯
But that doesn’t mean you should make a habit of swallowing gum.
因为它们不分解 你的身体要推动一团垃圾穿过消化系统
Because it doesn’t get broken down, your body is pushing a significant mass through
如果你增大这团垃圾 最终你可能会得肠梗阻
your system, and if you add to that mass you could end up with an intestinal obstruction,
说白了就是要处理所有食物的唯一通道被堵塞了
basically a blockage in the one tube that processes everything.
肠梗阻的直接症状是胃痛和便秘 但是如果放任不管的话
The immediate symptoms are stomach aches and constipation, but left untreated an obstruction
后果很严重
can get much worse.
但这种情况很罕见
But this is super rare.
所以说吞下一块口香糖可能不会致命
So swallowing that one piece of gum probably isn’t going to kill you, but still, try
但还是尽量不要这样做吧
not to do it.
需要在嚼口香糖的时候干点什么事吗
And need something to do while chewing that gum?
来《性爱送我进急诊》狂欢吧
Why not binge on Sex Sent Me to the ER!
你可以在Discovery Life Go应用中看到所有有意思的和其他各种的Discovery Life节目
You can watch all the fun and other Discovery Life shows on the Discovery Life Go App!
敬请关注 并在你的应用商店免费下载
Check it out and download for free at your App Store.
我曾经研究过口香糖和牙线哪个好,你可以在这里
We once looked into whether or not gum is better than flossing; you can find the answer
找到答案
here.
你还听说过哪些关于口香糖的谣传
What weird gum myth have you heard?
在评论中告诉我们 别忘了点赞和订阅哦这样就不会
Let us know in the comments, don’t forget to like this video and subscribe so you never
错过任何一期DNews啦
miss an episode of DNews.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

气氕氘氚

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV9np_HWrbA

相关推荐