ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

你在为自己创造着怎样的现实? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你在为自己创造着怎样的现实?

What reality are you creating for yourself? | Isaac Lidsky

当多萝西还是一个小女孩的时候
When Dorothy was a little girl,
她被她的金鱼迷住了
she was fascinated by her goldfish.
她的父亲向她解释 鱼是通过快速摇尾
Her father explained to her that fish swim by quickly wagging their tails
推动自己在水中前进
to propel themselves through the water.
毫无犹豫地 小多萝西回答道
Without hesitation, little Dorothy responded,
“是的 爸爸 而且鱼会通过摇头来后退”
“Yes, Daddy, and fish swim backwards by wagging their heads.”
[笑声]
(Laughter)
在她的心里 这是一个确切的事实
In her mind, it was a fact as true as any other.
鱼通过摇头来后退
Fish swim backwards by wagging their heads.
她坚信如此
She believed it.
我们的生活中充满着倒游的鱼
Our lives are full of fish swimming backwards.
我们制造假设和错误跳跃的逻辑
We make assumptions and faulty leaps of logic.
我们心怀偏见
We harbor bias.
我们知道我们是对的 而他们是错的
We know that we are right, and they are wrong.
我们害怕最糟糕的
We fear the worst.
我们力求无法获得的完美
We strive for unattainable perfection.
我们告诉自己什么是我们能做的和不能做的
We tell ourselves what we can and cannot do.
在我们心里 鱼是通过 往相反方向疯狂摇头来游泳的
In our minds, fish swim by in reverse frantically wagging their heads
而我们甚至不曾察觉过它们
and we don’t even notice them.
我想告诉你们五件关于我的事实
I’m going to tell you five facts about myself.
其中有一件不是真的
One fact is not true.
第一:我19岁的时候以数学 荣誉学士学位毕业于哈佛大学
One: I graduated from Harvard at 19 with an honors degree in mathematics.
第二:我现在在奥兰多 经营着一家建筑公司
Two: I currently run a construction company in Orlando.
第三:我主演过一部电视情景剧
Three: I starred on a television sitcom.
第四:我因为患上一种罕有的 遗传性眼疾而失去了视力
Four: I lost my sight to a rare genetic eye disease.
第五:我曾经给两位美国 最高法院的法官当过法律助手
Five: I served as a law clerk to two US Supreme Court justices.
哪一个不是真的呢?
Which fact is not true?
事实上 它们都是真的
Actually, they’re all true.
是的 它们都是真的
Yeah. They’re all true.
[掌声]
(Applause)
这时候 大部分人其实都只关心那部电视剧
At this point, most people really only care about the television show.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
这是经验告诉我的
I know this from experience.
好吧 那部电视剧是NBC的 “Saved by the Bell: The New Class.”
OK, so the show was NBC’s “Saved by the Bell: The New Class.”
而我饰演了Weasel Wyzell
And I played Weasel Wyzell,
一个在剧中带点笨拙书呆子性格的角色
who was the sort of dorky, nerdy character on the show,
对于13岁的我来说
which made it a very major acting challenge
这是一个很重大的演出挑战
for me as a 13-year-old boy.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
现在 你是否纠结于第四个事实 我的失明?
Now, did you struggle with number four, my blindness?
为什么会这样呢?
Why is that?
我们对所谓的残疾做出一些假设
We make assumptions about so-called disabilities.
作为盲人 我每天都面对
As a blind man, I confront others’ incorrect assumptions
别人对我能力的错误假设
about my abilities every day.
然而 我今天的重点不在于我的失明
My point today is not about my blindness, however.
而是在于我的视野
It’s about my vision.
失明教会我用开阔的眼界去生活
Going blind taught me to live my life eyes wide open.
它教会我去发现那些倒游的鱼
It taught me to spot those backwards-swimming fish
我们内心创造出来的鱼
that our minds create.
失明使它们变成了焦点
Going blind cast them into focus.
看得见是怎么样的一种感觉?
What does it feel like to see?
是即时并且被动的
It’s immediate and passive.
你睁开双眼 世界就在你眼前
You open your eyes and there’s the world.
看见什么相信什么 眼见为实
Seeing is believing. Sight is truth.
对吧?
Right?
好吧 我当初是这么想的
Well, that’s what I thought.
接着 从12岁到25岁 我的视网膜逐渐衰弱
Then, from age 12 to 25, my retinas progressively deteriorated.
我的视像变成了愈加奇异的
My sight became an increasingly bizarre
嘉年华游乐场里的哈哈镜
carnival funhouse hall of mirrors and illusions.
我在商店里好不容易发现的销售员
The salesperson I was relieved to spot in a store
实际上是一个人体模型
was really a mannequin.
俯下身去洗手
Reaching down to wash my hands,
当我的手指感受到它的真实形状
I suddenly saw it was a urinal I was touching, not a sink,
我意识到我去触摸的是小便池 而不是洗手池
when my fingers felt its true shape.
一位朋友向我描述我手中的照片
A friend described the photograph in my hand,
只有在那时候我才能明白图像描画了些什么
and only then I could see the image depicted.
物体在我的现实中出现、变形和消失
Objects appeared, morphed and disappeared in my reality.
看见成为了一件困难的使我筋疲力尽的事情
It was difficult and exhausting to see.
我把支离破碎的、片刻的图像拼接起来
I pieced together fragmented, transitory images,
凭感觉分析线索
consciously analyzed the clues,
在我破碎的万花筒中寻找符合逻辑的对应
searched for some logic in my crumbling kaleidoscope,
直到我什么都看不见
until I saw nothing at all.
我认识到我们所看到的
I learned that what we see
并不即是普遍真理
is not universal truth.
并不是客观现实
It is not objective reality.
我们所看到的是独一无二的虚拟现实
What we see is a unique, personal, virtual reality
它是由我们的大脑巧妙地构造出来的
that is masterfully constructed by our brain.
请让我以外行的身份解释一遍神经系统学
Let me explain with a bit of amateur neuroscience.
你的视觉皮层占据了你脑部的大概30%
Your visual cortex takes up about 30 percent of your brain.
相比于触觉的8%
That’s compared to approximately eight percent for touch
以及听觉的2-3%
and two to three percent for hearing.
每一秒钟 你的双眼能够 向你的视觉皮层传达
Every second, your eyes can send your visual cortex
多达二十亿的信息片段
as many as two billion pieces of information.
其余的身体部分加起来也仅能够传达另外的十亿
The rest of your body can send your brain only an additional billion.
所以视觉占据了你脑部容量的三分之一
So sight is one third of your brain by volume
并且占用了你脑部中三分之二的信息处理资源
and can claim about two thirds of your brain’s processing resources.
因此意想得到的是
It’s no surprise then
视觉幻象是多么的令人信服
that the illusion of sight is so compelling.
但是别误会了: 我们所看到的只是一种幻象
But make no mistake about it: sight is an illusion.
这是事情变得有趣的地方
Here’s where it gets interesting.
为了制造视觉经验
To create the experience of sight,
你的大脑参考了你对这个世界的概念性理解
your brain references your conceptual understanding of the world,
其它知识、你的记忆、看法、情绪和心理关注
other knowledge, your memories, opinions, emotions, mental attention.
所有的这些东西和以及其它的 都连结于你的大脑和视觉景象之间
All of these things and far more are linked in your brain to your sight.
这些连结是双向作用的 并且常常在潜意识中发生
These linkages work both ways, and usually occur subconsciously.
举例子来说
So for example,
你所看到的会影响到你的感觉
what you see impacts how you feel,
而你的感觉又能够直接改变你所看到的
and the way you feel can literally change what you see.
许多的研究证明了这一点
Numerous studies demonstrate this.
如果你被要求去估计
If you are asked to estimate
视频中人物的行走速度 举例来说
the walking speed of a man in a video, for example,
在被告知去想着猎豹或者乌龟的情况下 你的答案将会不一样
your answer will be different if you’re told to think about cheetahs or turtles.
如果你刚刚运动完 你会感觉山变陡峭了
A hill appears steeper if you’ve just exercised,
如果你背着一个很重的背包
and a landmark appears farther away
眼前的目的地看起来距离更远
if you’re wearing a heavy backpack.
我们在这里遇到了一种基本的矛盾
We have arrived at a fundamental contradiction.
你肉眼所看到的东西 是你自己创造的一种复杂的心智建造
What you see is a complex mental construction of your own making,
但是你被动地经历着它
but you experience it passively
让它作为你周遭世界的一种直接呈现
as a direct representation of the world around you.
你创造了属于你自己的现实并且深信着它
You create your own reality, and you believe it.
我深信于我的现实直到它瓦解了
I believed mine until it broke apart.
我双眼的衰退粉碎了这种幻象
The deterioration of my eyes shattered the illusion.
你看 视觉只是我们
You see, sight is just one way
认识世界的一种途径
we shape our reality.
我们可以通过许多其它的方式 去创造属于我们自己的现实
We create our own realities in many other ways.
让我们来举恐惧作为一个例子
Let’s take fear as just one example.
你的恐惧扭曲了你的现实
Your fears distort your reality.
在扭曲的恐惧逻辑影响下 任何事情都比未知要好
Under the warped logic of fear, anything is better than the uncertain.
恐惧不惜一切代价填补空白
Fear fills the void at all costs,
把你所惧怕的冒充成你所知道的
passing off what you dread for what you know,
让最糟糕取代了不明确
offering up the worst in place of the ambiguous,
使假设代替了原因
substituting assumption for reason.
心理学家对此有一个 很好的术语:糟糕至极
Psychologists have a great term for it: awfulizing.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
对吧?
Right?
恐惧把未知的替换成了可怕的
Fear replaces the unknown with the awful.
现在 恐惧在自我实现着
Now, fear is self-realizing.
当你非常迫切的需要
When you face the greatest need
去客观看待自己并进行批判性思考的时候
to look outside yourself and think critically,
恐惧在你的内心深处打起了退堂鼓
fear beats a retreat deep inside your mind,
收缩并扭曲你的观点
shrinking and distorting your view,
以洪水般涌现的破坏性情绪
drowning your capacity for critical thought
淹没你批判思考的能力
with a flood of disruptive emotions.
当你面对一个极具吸引力的机会去采取行动时
When you face a compelling opportunity to take action,
恐惧误导你去无所作为
fear lulls you into inaction,
诱使你被动地看着它的预言一个个实现成真
enticing you to passively watch its prophecies fulfill themselves.
当我被诊出患有致盲眼疾时
When I was diagnosed with my blinding disease,
我料到失明将会毁了我的生活
I knew blindness would ruin my life.
失明对我的独立能力判了死刑
Blindness was a death sentence for my independence.
它是我一生成就的终点
It was the end of achievement for me.
失明意味着我将度过平凡的一生
Blindness meant I would live an unremarkable life,
渺小且凄惨
small and sad,
极有可能孤独终老
and likely alone.
我就知道会这样
I knew it.
这是我因为恐惧带来的胡编乱造 但我相信了
This was a fiction born of my fears, but I believed it.
它是一个谎言 但它曾是我的现实
It was a lie, but it was my reality,
就像小多萝西内心那些倒游的鱼一样
just like those backwards-swimming fish in little Dorothy’s mind.
如若我不曾面对过我内心恐惧创造出来的现实
If I had not confronted the reality of my fear,
我会就那样活着
I would have lived it.
我很确定
I am certain of that.
所以你们如何去以开阔的眼界生活呢?
So how do you live your life eyes wide open?
这是一个需要学习的学科
It is a learned discipline.
它能被传授 它能被练习
It can be taught. It can be practiced.
我简单地总结一下
I will summarize very briefly.
让自己学会负责
Hold yourself accountable
对每一时刻 每个想法
for every moment, every thought,
每个细节
every detail.
超越你内心的恐惧
See beyond your fears.
识别出你所作的假设
Recognize your assumptions.
展现你内在的能力
Harness your internal strength.
消除你内心的批判
Silence your internal critic.
修正你对于运气和成功的错误概念
Correct your misconceptions about luck and about success.
接受自己的长处和短处 并清楚认识它们之间的区别
Accept your strengths and your weaknesses, and understand the difference.
打开你的心扉
Open your hearts
去迎接对你满满的祝福
to your bountiful blessings.
你的恐惧 你的批判
Your fears, your critics,
你的英雄 你的敌人
your heroes, your villains —
他们都是你的借口、
they are your excuses,
合理化作用、捷径、
rationalizations, shortcuts,
辩护、屈服
justifications, your surrender.
它们是你错认为现实的小说
They are fictions you perceive as reality.
尝试选择看穿它们
Choose to see through them.
尝试让它们远离自己
Choose to let them go.
你是自我现实的创造者
You are the creator of your reality.
伴随这种权利而来的是你需要负起全部的责任
With that empowerment comes complete responsibility.
我选择走出恐惧的隧道 步入了未知的领域
I chose to step out of fear’s tunnel into terrain uncharted and undefined.
我选择在那里构建幸福的人生
I chose to build there a blessed life.
远离孤单
Far from alone,
我分享我的美好生活 与多萝西
I share my beautiful life with Dorothy,
我美丽的妻子
my beautiful wife,
与我们的三胞胎 我们称之为“Tripskys”
with our triplets, whom we call the Tripskys,
还有新添的家庭成员
and with the latest addition to the family,
可爱的宝贝克莱蒙蒂
sweet baby Clementine.
你在害怕什么?
What do you fear?
你在欺骗自己什么?
What lies do you tell yourself?
你是如何修饰自己的真相 编写自己的小说?
How do you embellish your truth and write your own fictions?
你在为自己创造着怎么样的现实?
What reality are you creating for yourself?
在你的职业生涯和个人生活中 在你的人际关系中
In your career and personal life, in your relationships,
在你的内心和灵魂中
and in your heart and soul,
倒游的鱼给你带来巨大的伤害
your backwards-swimming fish do you great harm.
它们使你为错失的机会以及尚未实现的潜能付出代价
They exact a toll in missed opportunities and unrealized potential,
它们在你寻求满足与联系时
and they engender insecurity and distrust
引起你的不安以及不信任
where you seek fulfillment and connection.
我呼吁大家把它们找出来
I urge you to search them out.
海伦·凯勒曾说过 唯一比失明更糟糕的是
Helen Keller said that the only thing worse than being blind
拥有视力 却没有远见
is having sight but no vision.
失明对我来说是一种深深的祝福
For me, going blind was a profound blessing,
因为失明给予了我远见
because blindness gave me vision.
我衷心希望你们也能看见我所看见的
I hope you can see what I see.
谢谢
Thank you.
[掌声]
(Applause)
布鲁诺·朱萨尼:艾萨克 在你离开之前 我想问一个问题
Bruno Giussani: Isaac, before you leave the stage, just a question.
在座的各位都是 创业者、实干家、创新者
This is an audience of entrepreneurs, of doers, of innovators.
你是佛罗里达一家公司的执行总裁
You are a CEO of a company down in Florida,
很多人大概都会好奇
and many are probably wondering,
身为一名失明的执行总裁究竟是怎么样的呢?
how is it to be a blind CEO?
这使你面临哪些具体的挑战 而你又是怎么克服它们的呢?
What kind of specific challenges do you have, and how do you overcome them?
艾萨克·利德斯基:好吧 最大的挑战成了一种祝福
Isaac Lidsky: Well, the biggest challenge became a blessing.
我看不到别人的反应
I don’t get visual feedback from people.
[笑声]
(Laughter)
布:有什么声音在哪里吗?
BG: What’s that noise there? IL: Yeah.
艾:是的 比如说在我的领导团队的会议中
So, for example, in my leadership team meetings,
我无法看到别人的表情或者手势
I don’t see facial expressions or gestures.
我学会去征求更多的言语反馈
I’ve learned to solicit a lot more verbal feedback.
我基本都要求人们把他们的想法告诉我
I basically force people to tell me what they think.
正因如此
And in this respect,
它成为了 如我所说 对我个人 还有我公司的一种真正的祝福
it’s become, like I said, a real blessing for me personally and for my company,
因为我们获得了更深层次的沟通
because we communicate at a far deeper level,
我们避免了歧义
we avoid ambiguities,
还有更重要的 我的团队清楚 知道他们的想法是真的要紧的
and most important, my team knows that what they think truly matters.
布:艾萨克 感谢你来到了TED 艾:谢谢你 布鲁诺
BG: Isaac, thank you for coming to TED. IL: Thank you, Bruno.
[掌声]
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

现实不是一种认知;它是你内心的一种创造物。Isaac·Lidsky亲身学会了这重要的一课,在突如其来的人生境况中收获了这宝贵的见解。在这个自省的、个人的演讲中,他激发我们去放弃借口、假设和恐惧,并接受成为自身现实创造者所带来的重大责任。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

?

审核员

与光同尘

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmpu58yv8-g

相关推荐