未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

在日本工作是什么感觉?

What it's Like Working In Japan | "Short" Version

我从未在日本工作过
I’ve never worked in Japan.
我是说 我在日本工作
I mean, I work in Japan,
只不过是在家里
but I work from my home.
所以我不需要懂日语或者办公室技能
And I’ve never needed Japanese language or workplace skills.
但我认识的一些人需要
But I do know people who have,
因此我采访了其中八人
So I set up interviews with eight of them
了解他们在日本的工作经历
to see what their experiences were like.
他们都在真正的日本公司工作
All of them worked in the real Japanese workplace,
从小型现代化公司到大型传统企业
from small modern companies to big traditional ones,
或者说
Or in other words,
他们的工作不需要教英文
they work jobs that didn’t involve teaching English.
但需要精通日语 了解商业文化
They were required to be proficient in the Japanese language and business culture.
所有的受访者都讲英语
All the interviewees speak English,
在国外生活过一段时间
have lived outside of Japan for some period of time,
拥有大学学历
and have university degrees.
可见他们并非典型的日本工作者
So these are not your typical Japanese workers,
我们先清楚这点
let’s just be clear on that.
但我认为他们确实能帮助我们了解
But I think they do help give insight
在日本工作是什么样的
into what it’s like working in Japan,
看看其与国际化公司或外企有何不同
and how it compares to working in a global or Western workplace.
也许在泡沫经济前吧
I don’t, maybe, before bubble.
我……我不了解泡沫经济
I…I don’t know bubble.
泡沫经济时期是日本经济发展的巅峰
The bubble was the height of the Japanese economy
破灭于
and the bursting of it
九十年代初 与大萧条时期一样
in the early 90s was akin to the Great Depression.
我听说在泡沫经济时期 他们……
So I heard at the bubble age they used…
你知道我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
不 那时很容易
Oh no, it was pretty easy.
一年之后 就变得 很难了
After one year later it was difficult.
男性与女性的就业情况截然不同
Female and male were a totally different.
他们都被雇用后 男女分开工作
When they were hired, it’s divided.
女性只做
And for female, they’re only for the
文书工作 额……还挺无聊的
paperwork. Mm, it was so boring.
女性只是男性的帮手
Women are only to help men.
没有 一点也没有
No. No at all.
他们甚至不称我们为女性 而是女职工
They even don’t call us women– girls.
女性进入公司
Maybe two years, three years later
两三年后 她们结婚成家 然后离职
they enter the company, they get married and quit.
这是常态
And that was the style.
日本的工时很有名但名声不好
Japan is famous, or infamous, for its work hours.
90年代的日本工时如何?
So I wondered what it was like in the 90s?
每天下午5:30
I left my office
我离开办公室 我还算幸运的
at 5:30 every day. I was lucky.
大多数情况下 员工晚上7、8点才能
Most of case, the workers extend
离开
until 7:00, 8:00 p.m.
我必须大概5点起床
I had to wake up like five o’clock
因为从家到公司
in the morning because I had to travel
需要两个小时
two hours from my home to that place
然后7:30开始工作
and start from 7:30.
晚上搭乘最后一班地铁回家时
And also, I could go home with the last train,
已是午夜
so means midnight.
公司的领导最大
The senior was everything.
所有事他们说了算 不仅是老板 还有 长辈和
They decide. Not just only boss, but the older or
先我进公司的人
came into the facility before me.
我问领导能否离开 领导说 我看看
I asked to the senior and that senior say oh, okay.
我们做完了 但这位老师还没
We finished, but this teacher hasn’t finished yet. Okay,
我们等等她吧 先聊会天吧
so let’s wait for her, let’s chat.
我们一边吃薯片 一边没完没了地聊天
Let’s grab some potato chips, buh-buh-buh-buh talk.
然后所有人都等到晚上10点
Then everybody will stay until 10 o’clock.
这是一种日本文化
That’s kind of Japanese culture thing
就是别人没走我先走了 我会感到很惭愧
that I felt very sorry if I leave.
试想还有别的老师没完成工作呢?
What if other teacher were doing stuff?
如此投入地工作的奖励就是
Part of the bargain for being so dedicated to the job
你的老板保证不让你丢饭碗
was that your employer guaranteed you that job for life.
以前的价值观是 员工信任公司
Used to be they could trust company cause company can keep you whole life.
也为公司卖命地工作 因为工作不会丢
The employee had to die for the company, that kind of concept.
现在 员工要接受所有借口 今日
Any excuse was accepted, but this day company,
你被聘用了 抱歉
okay hire you, oh sorry
他日公司有危机 你就被炒了
our company is getting crisis, so fire.
后面的你都懂了
And then you know, okay,
我还怎么信任公司?
How come I have to trust the company cause
它都不维护自己的员工
they don’t protect us?
我们对它就变得冷漠无情
Then becomes more cool, deny.
家人和朋友对我更重要 公司 拜拜了
More important is my family and friends, bye-bye.
现在找工作又是什么样的呢?
So what’s it like looking for a job right now?
用人单位要求诸多 他们会问你身体状况
They can ask anything, they can ask if you have health conditions.
问你是否结婚
They can ask if you’re married or not.
问你的宗教信仰 你能想到的
They can ask if you’re religious. They can ask
就算是最私人的问题 他们都能问
like the most personal questions that you can think of,
这是他们的权力
they have the right to ask.
实际上 如果你了解日本的简历
Actually if you know the Japanese resumes, right?
简历要求有一张你的照片
It’s required always to have a picture, Yeah.
(大学的)专业不是很重要
(University) Major is not so important.
-大学的名声比专业更重要?-是的 大学的名声很重要
-Just the name of the university?-Yes, name of the university.
初入公司 你不需要什么都懂
When you first enter, they don’t really expect you to know everything,
你会接受训练
so they want to train you and
慢慢提高
kind of raise you up.
即使在日本找工作很简单
Even though it’s fairly easy to find a job in Japan,
失业率低于3%
the unemployment rate is less than 3 %,
这并不代表你就任的职位
it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be a job
就是你所想要的
with the employment status you desire.
在日本大概有四五种
So I guess there’s kind of like four or five
就业形式 你可以有
employment status differences here in Japan so
全职工作 成为精进分子
you kind of have your full-time position, which is seishin.
你还可以做合同工 合同一般为一年
You have your contract position which are typically like one year,
大多数情况下这些合同可以续签
and a lot of times those contracts are renewable.
第三种工作就是兼职
Another job type is part-time.
兼职通常是去麦当劳工作
Part-time would usually be for like the McDonald’s worker.
按小时算工资
Those are usually hourly wages.
第四种是自由职业
Another type is just freelance.
通过做一些任务赚钱
So freelance just meaning you take money on the project kind of basis.
最后一种是临时工
And the last I think would be called like a temporary worker.
你可以进入临时工市场
You’re kind of put into this temporary employee pool
某家公司筛选到你后
and this company just kind of chooses you
再把工作任务安排给你
as those jobs come in and then place you.
好吧 那在日本公司工作到底是怎样的?
Alright, so what’s it really like to work in a Japanese company?
不好说
I had no idea
是什么样的
what it was gonna be like.
记得第一次进公司
I guess when I first went in,
我就被狭窄的
what I was really surprised about was
办公空间震惊了
how cramped the office was,
你没有自己的办公室
and you don’t have your own cubicle,
所有人挤用一张桌
so everyone’s just like sitting on the same desk.
你的…… 说不定
So your, I don’t know,
你的经理还是谁就坐在你旁边
your manager or something would be right next to you.
早上上班的时候
When you go to work in the mornings or when you leave work,
你必须大声说
you have to, in a big voice you have to say…
下班的时候要说
Or when you leave work…
在你离开办公室前
Before you leave the office,
你的桌面必须100%整洁
your desk table area is be 100% clean.
不能乱放东西在桌上
you can’t leave anything on your desk.
如日本人所言
As the Japanese say right,
在哪里拿 放回哪去
leave it the way that you found it.
每天我下班前
Every day before I go home,
要上报自己一天的工作
I have to send out like this daily report
一切细节都要记录下来
of what I did. Everything had to be
不可疏忽遗漏
like recorded in a very meticulous manner.
在最终决定前 我们还有预备会议
We need to pre-meeting or pre decision before
和预先决策
before decision.
我们的最终决定是在
To make decision we can decide
一张桌子上讨论出来的
in another table.
会议很长 大概持续4、5个小时
Meetings were very long, like four or five hours,
因为日本人很注重细节
because Japanese people are very detailed you know.
每周一和周五都要开会
We have meetings actually every Monday and Friday.
周一会议内容是做本周计划
Monday basically say what you’re gonna do for the week,
周五会议内容是汇报工作
Friday basically saying what you did,
及其完成效果 计划下周工作
and how it worked and what you plan on doing next week.
日本人接受新科技的速度比较慢
They can be a little slow in terms of using new technologies.
用的最多的还是微软表格和文档
You can expect to use a lot of like Excel and Microsoft Words.
小员工很难把全部的意见
You have a higher hierarchy so it’s hard to
和真实的想法传达给上层领导
express your full opinions, it’s hard to express what you actually think.
如果你想独自行动
If you do want to be an individual,
想负责某个任务
you do want to have that responsibility,
一般都不会如你所愿
you’re typically not gonna be given that.
西方人可能觉得和日本人共事是一门艺术 而非科学
Westerners may find that working with Japanese is more art than science.
日本人啊 的确是这样
The Japanese, yes, it’s not
但也不一定是
not yes sometimes.
日本人不容易被说服
The Japanese maybe it’s 80% no.
我很难适应日本的敬语
Keigo was really hard for me to get used to,
但我的老板很通情达理
but my boss was really nice to me.
我聘用了很多西方朋友 尤其是美国人
I have hired many Western people, especially American people,
我发现了一点文化冲突
and I saw some a little bit of culture conflict.
美国人更加直率
American people tend to be more direct,
如果他们有异议会直接提出来
if they don’t agree, they want to express it.
在非常传统的日本公司
In a very traditional Japanese company,
这样会导致一些
that might cause a little bit of like
尴尬和麻烦
awkwardness or trouble.
我们刚刚谈过了90年代的日本工时
We talked about what working hours were like in the 90s,
我们来看看如今的工时如何
but now let’s hear about how they are today.
我们国家、社会和文化向往完美的服务
Japan and Japanese culture, society, expects like the perfect service.
消费者尤其希望从大公司得到这种服务
The customers expect that from the big company even,
所以我们卖力工作
that’s why we work hard.
我还蛮幸运的 因为合同不要求我加班
I’m super lucky still because my contract is like not overwork usually.
我完成工作后
When I got to finish the work
就可以下班了 但
and then I can go home, but the
有些老板和一般员工每天都会
different contractors, the regular people are usually
毫不犹豫的多加
stay company for few hours every single day
几小时班
without thinking.
他们严于律己 这很正常
Just like yeah, they educate themselves, that’s normal.
但也很辛苦
That’s hard.
到下午五点以后
Until five o’clock,
邮件和电话不断
there are many emails and telephone calls. So after 5 p.m,
这些工作不难 我可以专心致志
It’s easy, actually I can concentrate on my job.
这就是为什么我在办公室一直待到
So that’s why I stay at the desk and work
晚上七八点
until seven or eight.
工时由行情和
It really depends on the industry and
公司情况决定的 在IT行业
on the company as well. And in the IT industry,
事实上人们想工作的久一点
actually people tend to work long hours,
但是我不行
but I was able to not work long hours
原因之一是 我当初就看中公司工时不长
partly because I chose companies where I didn’t have to work long hours.
如今 工时状况有变化
It’s changing. Yeah, nowadays
如果你完成工作了 就可以回家
it’s if you finish your work just go home.
有时 公司
Sometimes they…
要求晚上9点才能下班
the company order to leave at least 9:00 p.m.
但员工只要做完工作就会切断电源回家
they shutdown their lights, computer.
与以往不同了
It’s changing.
一般 我如果完成工作
I would always just finish my work,
大概六七点就走了
just leave at like six or seven,
如果我真的做完工作了 有时踩点下班
sometimes leave on the dot if I really finish off my work.
所以说我没有真正体验过日本的加班
So I don’t really experience the long hours of a Japanese workplace.
听完受访者的经历让人有些困惑
Listening to all those experiences can be kind of confusing.
日本人工作到很晚 而他们没有?
Japanese work late, but they don’t?
事情有变?
It’s changing?
到底怎么回事?
What’s the deal?
主要原因和你的职位有关
Well, a large part of it comes down to your employment status.
如果你是全职员工
If you’re a full-time salaried employee,
一般没有加班费
you don’t normally get paid for overtime.
在一些传统的日本公司
And in traditional Japanese companies you feel an
你觉得自己有义务努力工作
obligation to show you’re working hard and that can often
就会常常工作到很晚 无论效率高低
mean working late, whether you’re actually being productive or not.
对兼职工和合同工而言 这不是问题
With part-timers and contractors, that same expectation is not there,
因为他们通常能拿到加班费
and you generally get paid overtime if you work it.
对新兴的日本公司和年轻的员工来说
With newer Japanese companies and with younger employees,
工作久就是工作努力的看法 并不一定对
that working late is working hard attitude isn’t as present.
确实 时代变了 但是进步的很慢
Indeed, times are changing, but it’s a slow march.
现在 我们来看看日本的假期
Now, let’s explore getting time off work.
一般 日本公司有十天带薪假期
So normal in a Japanese company has ten paid vacation days.
老实说 我觉得没多少人休这个假
And to be honest, I don’t think many people actually take them.

Oh yeah,
因为我住在日本
obviously because I’m living in Japan and I
老板为了照顾外国员工的需要
feel like our boss understands that foreigners need to
给他们放假回国 所以
go back to their home countries, so
我也跟着放假 这挺好的
sometimes I would take long vacations, so that was good,
但我其实一直在工作
but I would be working all the time.
不断留意手机和电脑
so like from my phone and laptop and stuff.
有一次我尝试
I think one time I tried
给自己放几天假
to take quite a bit off
但我的经理说 如果我有常识的话
but my manager said, you know if you have common sense,
就知道不应该
if you have common sense then you wouldn’t take,
连续十天都放假
you know, ten days off in a row.
你的团队会怎么想?之类的
What do you think your team would think? Or something like that.
因为如果你放假了
Because if you missed that period you’re kind
你那段时期的工作会被交给他人
of giving your work to someone else to finish
但很多人不喜欢让别人承担自己的责任
and a lot of people don’t like giving that responsibility to someone,
把负担交给他人
to give that burden on to someone else.
我发现日本人不喜欢休息
I’ve noticed that Japanese people don’t really take vacations.
即使生病了 他们中午就回来
Like even when they’re sick they come
或者在周末加班
maybe in the afternoon or like they come in and
把工作补回来
work overtime on the weekends or something.
本来每年
I started from forty,
我有四十天假期
forty days annual leave,
但我一般不会超过20天
but normally most of case 20s cannot, cannot take.
当然我也可以休满
Yeah of course I can take but
不过最多休两周 我们觉得两周很长了
actually the maximum two weeks, actually even two weeks we feel very long.
太长了其实
It’s too long actually.
一周都已经够长了
The one week is pretty much enough long.
影响人们享受下班时光的是聚会
Something that can prohibit enjoying your after work time is nomikai,
即酒会
the drinking party.
下班后我和客户一起
So after work I would have to go with my clients,
去酒会
and we would have to go to drinking parties.
有时 酒会过后还去唱K
And sometimes after the drinking party you go karaoke,
所以有时我凌晨三四点
so sometimes I end up going home around
才回到家 然后六七点又起床
3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and then waking up at
八点回到办公室
7 a.m. or 6:00 a.m. and going back to the office at 8:00
假装昨晚什么都没发生
and pretend nothing happened that night and that you’re,
像平常那样精神
you know, genki as ever.
我认为女员工参加这种活动没有
I feel like girls maybe don’t have to attend those things
男性员工多
as much as, you know, the male workers do.
你会喝酒
You would drink, yes,
但他们不会逼你喝太多
but they wouldn’t force you to drink too much.
因为我是一名女性
But I think because I was a female so
如果他们逼我喝太多酒
it’s kind of power harassment,
就涉及权力骚扰和性骚扰
sexual harassment if they forced you to drink a lot.
但是对男性 他们劝酒劝的更多点
But for the males I think they would force each other a bit more.
除了酒会 还有二次会
And there’s also this thing called nijikai,
聚餐过后 还会去二次会
like after the first dinner you have to go to like a second
和三次会
nomikai and a third nomikai.
我从来不去二三次会
I never went to like the second or third ones,
第一次聚会完我就走了
I would just leave after the first one.
有时 老板想办一场 你懂的
Sometimes because the boss is like, you know,
男人之夜的聚会
we want a men’s night out.
二十年前
20 years ago we…
即使你不喜欢 也得陪老板应酬
even if you don’t like it you had to drink with your boss.
但我最近发现
But I think
二十来岁的年轻人拒绝应酬
recently twenties, like early twenties, they just refused it.
我曾听他们说 不 不 我不想去
I heard it no no, I don’t want to go.
如今 二十多岁的年轻一代
Nowadays like young generations, like twenties, they feel like,
他们如果说不想去
I don’t go you know.
三四五十岁的就会惊讶道
The 30s, 40s, 50s, like what?
你哪能选择 没有选择呀
What’s the choice? You have no choice.
你必须来!
You have to be there!
一些酒会嘛……
And some of nomikai,
我觉得特别是年轻的公司
I think younger companies in particular.
它们比传统的日本公司
I think they tend to do that less than more traditional
更少这样做 所以我不用去
Japanese companies, so I didn’t really have to go to
那么多酒会
lot of nomikai.
我们都在公司犯过错
We’ve all screwed up in the workplace,
或告知顾客错误的信息
whether was to tell a customer the wrong thing
或在演讲时遗漏重要的细节
or forget an important detail in a presentation.
如果你在公司犯错了会怎样?
I asked about what happens when you mess things up.
一般来说日本人不喜欢正面冲突
In a general sense Japanese people don’t like to be confrontational
所以通常他们不会
so a lot of times they wouldn’t
直接向你提出异议
directly actually mention you that they have a problem with you.
他们会直接找老板
They just go straight to your boss and that’s kind of
我猜可能是去举报你
how they I guess complain about you
这是我不希望发生的 因为如果
which I wish didn’t happen, cause it’d be so much
他们直接找我解决问题
easier if it just came right to you,
事情会简单很多
just resolve it right then.
在每天工作前
We actually share that what we was wrong
我们会一起讨论犯错的地方
every single morning and before start work.
我们相信
We’re sure that like at the five minutes
花五分钟头脑风暴 从错误中能找出问题
like the brainstorming what we had the problem from that you know.
我们只论事
And we don’t say it who did that,
不论人
we just say it what happens.
我的老板会当众指责我
My boss would he would tell me off
让我怪难堪的
in front of the whole office and it’s quite embarrassing.
但是我想 他们说 在日本
But I guess in Japanese they say
如果你的上司还会责怪你 说明他们
if your superiors are telling you off it means they still have hope
对你抱有希望 期待你更好的表现
in you, they still expect a lot of things from you.
所以指出你的不足
That’s why they tell you off.
当他们不这样做了 就意味着
When they don’t tell you off anymore it just means
他们完全放弃你了
they’re fully given up on you,
因为在日本不开除员工
cause they don’t fire people in Japan.
一般来说是这样
Usually.
有一次我翻译的很差劲
So I messed up one time pretty badly on a translation.
我的上司发现我漏译了很多
And he realized that there are a lot of things missing
我的确没有译好
cause I didn’t really do a great job honestly,
他就在公众面前
and he kind of yelled at me
差点对我破口大骂
in front of almost the whole company,
这在美国
which I guess in the American sense would
会被认为是权力骚扰吧
be called I guess kind of power harassment, I think.
老实说我差点哭了
I almost started crying to be honest,
这是一次很好的教训
but it was quite the experience.
我会承担犯错的代价
For me like I kind of took it
因为毕竟是我的错误
because I knew I did mess up.
有时你在公司遇到无法解决的困难
Sometimes things are simply not working out in a company,
或者你有心进步
or maybe that you’ve grown all you can
却黔驴技穷
and want to move beyond.
人们会因为什么原因 在什么时候 以什么方式告别公司呢?
When, how, and why do people say goodbye?
日本公司的精进主义
The seishin sense in the Japanese side is
与西方公司有些不同
a little bit different than in a Western company.
它指全职的员工
So seishin means a full-time employee.
和一家不开除员工的公司
And a Japanese company typically they won’t fire you,
但它们如果想开除你
but if they really do want to fire you,
会各种为难你
what they would do is they’ll kind of put you in a…
如降低你的薪水
they could rate lower your salary.
给你一份不好的工作
They could pitch you a bad office.
或者给你调任
They could relocate you.
这都是它们的权力
That’s all within their rights.
大多数情况下人们会主动辞职
So a lot of times actually people just quit
如果他们让你过着
voluntarily if they do kind of
地狱般的日子
you know make your life hell in that regards.
我觉得传统的日本公司
I think the traditional Japanese
不适合我
company wasn’t for me.
在那里我没有足够的自由
I mean I didn’t have enough freedom and I felt like
而且官僚主义浓厚
there’s the hierarchy.
在日本工作一年后就辞职的
Almost I’d say 90 % of these people who quit
90%都是外国人
after their first year are foreigners.
日本人
Japanese people, they…
我不确定 但我觉得
I’m not sure, but I kind of get the feeling
他们以辞职为耻
that it’s shameful for you to quit your job.
如果一个人
If the um…one guy who worked for
在一家公司工作少于三年
the same company less than three years,
人们就觉得他不是一个
we don’t think that he is a…
值得信赖的
he is good person
的……员工
for, for, for… I’m sorry. For employ.
对多数人来说 强调工作的弊端不难
For most people I think it’s easy to highlight the cons of working.
同样我也想知道有无好的方面
As such I wanted to know what the pros were.
在日本公司
Some good things
好处就是它保障面广 如帮你报销保险费
about working in Japanese company is that they cover everything like insurance,
每早的交通费 一些公司还包住
your transportation every morning, some companies even cover your housing.
公司的免费住宿
The free accommodations I get,
对我来说很理想
the perfect just perfect ideals.
所以即使工资低了些
So maybe the pay’s a bit lower but
但综合考虑其它因素
because of all the other factors it’s actually
还是觉得很值
quite worth it.
还有一个优点是
I guess the pros are that
你会有很强的团队归属感
you do feel like you’re part of a team.
一损俱损
You know, your failure is everyone’s failure,
一荣俱荣
your success is everyone’s success.
大家还会庆祝成功
And they kind of celebrate that as well.
当然也有生活和工作
There are of course
不平衡的问题
negatives about work-life,
所以我想要一些提升工作条件的意见
so I wanted to hear suggestions for improving working conditions.
你呆在办公室越久 你就是越尽职的员工
If you stay at office longer you’re a better worker.
这种看法是不对的
That is not true.
日本是个如此精致的国家
like Japan is such a beautiful country, and like
他们的产品和其他一切
all their products and everything, they’re
都追求完美 因为日本人很注重细节
perfect because Japanese people are so detailed oriented.
但这精致的背后
But behind this whole like detailed,
这完美的背后
this like perfect world that,
这闻名于世界的美丽背后
like behind this perfect site that they show to the world,
是抑郁的紧张的员工
behind that is like you know sad, stressed-out workers,
如果我可以
and it’s just
很想改变这种情况
if I could I’d like to change that
日本人应该改变这种情况
and I feel like Japanese people should change that.
如果法律改了
If the law has changed,
人心却不变
the mind of people it’s not changed,
事情也不会有进展
it’s not…it will not be changed.
法律至高无上 但重要的是
Law is law, it’s…The important thing is
人的想法和价值观
thoughts or ideas, or policy of records.
我想看到的改变是
What I would like to see different,
工作之外少些酒会
I guess less drinking parties outside of work.
还有 不加班 日本现在
Also less overtime, but right now
正往这方面改善 很多大公司
I think Japan’s already on that track
都在改变
and a lot of the big companies are starting to change.
如果我们 怎么说呢
So if we, how to say, more
公司部门分工明确 各司其职
divided into the special fields each task,
我们的工时
then maybe our working hour
就有望减少
is going to less.
为什么我们要有那么多签名
Why do we need so many signs,
和盖章 一份 两份
stamps stamps so both one,
三份 四份都要签名盖章
both two, both three, both four.
下班后我常看到这些企业家
Like after I get off work I see like all these businessmen,
西装革履下 那副疲倦的面容
like suits and ties and they just look so tired.
我觉得他们应该卸下西装
I feel like they should quit the suits.
公司处理问题灵活些吧
It would be cool to be more flexible.
应该灵活些的 还有
It’s requiring being flexible and
长辈应该学习如何与年轻人打交道
elders being learning how to deal with youngers.
我对工作现有的环境非常满意
My job environment now is very very satisfied,
因为有国际化的环境
because international environments and can
和优秀的团队
and good teamwork and
还有不同文化的交融
can bring in many different culture in, so not
不仅有日本文化 还有别国文化
just only Japanese society, but the other countries’
我们互相尊重对方的文化
society too, so can respect each other.
我希望我现在的工作状况
I hope my current situation
将成为日本未来职场的常态
is going to be like Japanese normal society.
我问受访者性别歧视
I asked if the gender divide that was quite present
在90年代是否存在
in the 90s still existed.
我不觉得自己被区别对待
I didn’t feel like I was treated any different.
有时我甚至觉得他们当我是男性呢
I felt like they treated me like a man actually.
我想说 在IT行业
I would say IT,
尤其是刚起步的小公司
especially the ones like a start-up-ish smaller companies,
他们注重性别平等
they tend to be pretty gender equal.
所以实际上只要你有实力
So there’s virtually no difference between men and women as long
无论男女 都能找到工作
as you have skills you can get a job.
不可否认
It’s no secret that
一些日本公司的女性领导者很少
a number of Japanese companies that have female leaders is very low.
大概10%
Something like 10%.
如果女性主导日本社会
If women were in charge of Japanese work-life,
她们会做什么呢?
What would they do?
我会做什么呀 女性……
What me though, the women…
社会变为女性主导的话
Society is changing,
那么我认为女性可以
then I think women can
比男性工作的更有效率
do the job more efficiently than men.
所以有时候我和我先生说
So sometimes I am telling my husband,
你怎么工作到这么晚?
why you have to work so late?
你没有效率
You’re not efficient.
你工作效率太低啦
You’re not working efficiently.
他会很气恼地说
He was very upset.
哪里 我很有效率的好吗
No, I’m you know, I’m working efficiently.
我说 如果我是你
But if I were you,
我会用别的方法做同一件事
then I could do this one in that way.
无论在以前的还是现在的公司
Even the previous company and even the current company
我都坚持自己的工作方法 没必要改变
I like my working style, and I don’t need to change.
事实上 我也没有改
And I didn’t change, actually I didn’t change.
我不需要担心收入 我的收入
I don’t have to worry about income, my income,
因为我先生的收入已经够了
because my husband you know has enough income so
所以有时他会说我的工作
sometimes my husband told me your job is for you,
很适合我 教日文是不是只出于爱好?
your job teaching Japanese it’s kind of hobby, right?
不完全对 我是真的很喜欢这份工作
It’s not, but I like this job very much,
有时他又会说
but my husband sometimes told me okay,
变得独立 我是说
being independent, I mean the
经济独立 这个想法可能
economically being independent is maybe
使咱们的女儿不大高兴
not happy for my daughter. Maybe
嫁一个好男人 然后成为家庭主妇
if she got married to nice guy and
可能才是她想要的
just be homemaker. Maybe that is
幸福
happiness for her.
我对我女儿说 不是吧 啊?
It’s not! What?
你才多大呢?
How old are you?
已婚女性当母亲和家庭主妇是很常见的
Well it was common for married women to become mothers and homemakers.
越来越多的女性
More and more of these women are now finding themselves
重回职场
entering back into the workplace.
这是个好迹象
It’s really changing in a good way.
即便大多数女性做回以前的工作
Though most of the woman is going back to the former job,
但这些工作都是兼职 我认为我的母亲
but it’s only part-time. I think my mom is
现在的生活没她年轻时那么辛苦了
living these days more relaxed than when she was young.
当她刚嫁给我父亲 我又还很小的时候
When she right after got married to my dad when I was small,
母亲总是
my mom always had to
亲自下厨 包揽一切家务
to do the kitchen stuff and all the housework.
如果父亲帮忙做家务
If my dad doing some house for a hold,
母亲的名声就会变得很糟糕
then my mom’s reputation became really bad,
说她不是一名贤妻 但现在
bad bad wife. But these days,
社会看法变了 女性也有了工作
society is changing, women start working outside,
因此男性也应该帮忙家务
so the men should help out the woman, too.
我的父亲开始帮忙洗碗
So my dad start doing like clean the dishes and
但他仍然不会去下厨
he can’t, he still cannot cook.
嗯 有时我想 从我们这一代起
Well sometimes I think my generation is the last generation to
主妇的时代一去不返了 我女儿这一代
to be homemaker. And my daughter’s generation,
她可能一定要有一份自己的工作
maybe she definitely need her own job. I guess.
这……
Well, that is…
这就是问题所在 虽然人们态度变了
That’s the thing. As much as attitudes have changed,
我依然见证许多女性
I’ve personally seen many instances of women
一边偷偷地重返职场
having to juggle returning to work and being
一边扮好妻子母亲的角色
that good housewife at the same time.
男性虽然开始帮忙家务
Men have picked up some slack at home,
男女却一直都不平等
but it’s nowhere close to being equal.
回想几十年前的加拿大
If I think back to Canada a few decades ago,
在性别平等方面
that’s kind of where feels like Japan is
有些像日本
in terms of gender equality.
当Yuko说女性效率更高时
When Yuko was saying that women are more efficient,
我完全能够理解她
I totally understand her.
因为在孩子放学后和需要照顾时
They’re usually the ones rushing home to be there
赶回家的通常是女性
when the kids daycare or school has finished.
准备晚餐的通常也是女性
and they’re also usually the ones that are preparing dinner.
谈及
And when you talk about women
日本女性地位难以上升
not being able to rise up in Japan,
原因是根深蒂固的男女双重标准
it’s the previous dual track system for males and females.
女性在育孩期间的停职
The pause on career as they raised kids,
因家务不得不减少的工时
the shortened work hours due to household duties,
高税压力下微薄的工资
the tax incentives that result in keeping wages low.
这些都与政府鼓励更多
These are all conspiring against the government’s goal
女性领导者的目标相悖
of more female leadership.
那些如果在多年前
It feels like women who would have naturally
就与男性平等的女性
been in leadership roles right now if they
本可理所当然的成为领导者
had been treated like men many years ago.
如今不期待自己有多大改变
don’t expect many changes for themselves.
而把希望寄托在下一代身上
Instead they’re looking at the next generation,
他们抚育的孩子将
the one they’re raising right now,
推动社会变革
to be the ones who push through the big changes
一场需要性别平等的变革
that are needed for gender equality to occur.
那我大体是如何看待日本工作的呢?
So what do I think about working in Japan in general?
其中一个印象是
One thing that I came away with is
在多数职场中我难以存活
that I wouldn’t survive in most Japanese workplaces.
但这并不说明什么 因为
But that’s not saying much since that’d be true
加拿大许多职场也这样
for many Canadian workplaces as well.
我是一个比较独立的人
I’m more of an independent type of guy.
也就是说 相比日本公司
That being said, I feel that in comparison to Japanese companies,
加拿大公司能给我更多
Canadian ones would give me more say
自主权
into how I did my job
让我更好的平衡生活和工作
and give me a better work-life balance.
即使我未在此次采访中问这个问题
Although I didn’t officially ask this question in the interview,
许多受访者还是表态
many people who have talked to for this video and otherwise
他们宁愿到国际化公司 而非日本公司
have said they would rather work for international companies than Japanese ones.
我想问大家:
So I ask this to you:
你们来自哪个国家?
What country are you from?
你们那边的工作利弊是什么?
and what are the pros and cons of working where you are?
特别感谢所有接受采访的朋友
Special thanks to all those that let me barrage them with questions.
感谢赞助商
And a shout-out to my patrons
对我节目的长期大力支持
for allowing me to produce time consuming content like this.
您可以在X频道观看
Oh yeah, you can see the hour-long version
我们完整版的采访
of these interviews over on the X channel.
在这剪辑版本里我删去了很多东西
There’s a lot of things I had to cut out on this”short” version.
好啦 感谢收看
Okay, thanks for watching.
我们下期再见!
See you next time. Bye!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频是一个采访,受访者都在日本工作,我们可以从中了解到自泡沫经济以来,日本职场环境的变化。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Seline

审核员

审核员YX

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fTrOmDrDgU

相关推荐