未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

威尔士是什么?

What is Wales?

您现在收看的是哇嘎兄弟
You’re watching Vagabrothers.
我们在威尔士 这是全世界最快的高速滑索
We’re in Wales, and this is the world’s fastest Zipline.
走吧 3-2-1
Let’s go. 3-2-1
我们将切换到运动相机
We are going to switch to Go Pro,
我们将跳进大海
and we’re going to get in the ocean.
走吧
Let’s go.
哇嘎兄弟之圣大卫城
VagabrothersSt. Davids
你们好吗?忠粉们
What’s up Vagabuddies?
欢迎回来
And welcome back.
这是五集系列节目中的第一集
This is the first episode in a five-part series
关于英国威尔士最精彩的角落
about one of the most fascinating corners of the United Kingdom, Wales.
我们和英国旅游局官网Visit Britain一起
We’re here with Visit Britain, and for
下周将去探索
the next week we’re going to be exploring
那些让威尔士如此特殊的原因
what makes Wales so unique…
是他的古老文化和语言
from its ancient culture and languages,
还是传奇般的城堡 亚瑟王的传说
to legendary castles, the myths of King Arthur,
当然 还有我们最擅长的
and of course, doing what we do best….
寻觅最赞的餐馆 喝最好的啤酒 游览最棒的景点
finding great restaurants, drinking good beer, and exploring amazing places.
你们准备好了吗?让我们启程吧
You guys ready? Let’s do it.
好的 朋友们 欢迎来到威尔士
Alright, guys. Welcome to Wales.
我们刚到这儿 我为下周的旅程感到非常兴奋
We just got here, and I’m super stoked for the next week
因为之前我们对威尔士的探索不多
is the one part of the U.K. that we really because Wales haven’t explored that much.
我们去过英格兰 去过苏格兰 但这对于我们来说就是拼图的最后一块
We’ve been to England; we’ve been to Scotland, but this the final puzzle piece.
还有 你们一直要求让我们做个威尔士系列 所以
Also, you guys have been asking for us to make a Wales series. So……..
你说我们做
you asked; we’re answering.
我们超级兴奋 我们提前做了 一些攻略 但说实话
We’re super excited. We’ve been doing a little bit of research, but honestly,
我们对威尔士知之甚少
we don’t know too much about Wales.
我们知道他们拥有古老的文化
We know they have an ancient culture
以及使用一种和英语完全不搭边的古老的语言
and an ancient language that is not related to English.
我们也听闻有人把他们比作英国的巴斯克人
We’ve also heard them compared to the the Basques….of the U.K.
因为他们的与众不同
because they are very distinct from their neighbors,
这也是吸引我们的原因
and that’s what’s really fascinating to us.
我们不知道从何开始
We don’t know where to start,
所以我们选择在圣大卫节这一天来到了这里
so we started off by coming here on Saint David’s Day,
这是威尔士的国庆节 我们恰好在圣大卫城
which is the national day of Wales, and we’re in St. Davids;
他是这个民族的守护神
he’s the patron saint of this nation.
1500年前 圣徒大卫在这里出生
St David was a saint who was born here 1500 years ago
就在此地 今天是他的祭日
in this area, and today’s the anniversary of his death.
你可以说圣大卫节之于威尔士的意义 相当于圣·帕特里克节之于爱尔兰
You can say that St Patrick is to Ireland as St David is to Wales.
他也和威尔士的象征 比如韭菜和水仙花有关系
He’s also associated with some Welsh symbols like the leek and the daffodil,
这里就有一些(水仙花) 所以我们有希望看到 一些庆典
right here. So hopefully, we’ll go see some of the ceremonies
了解作为一个威尔士人意味着什么
and learn a bit more about what it means to be Welsh.
我们正在沿着彭布罗克郡的海岸行走
We’re walking down the Pembrokeshire Coast.
这是英国最有名的徒步路线之一
This is one of the most famous walking areas of the U.K.
到处是美丽的海边走廊
There’re beautiful, coastal pathways throughout here.
今天的游行 我认为 是为了纪念圣大卫的朝圣之旅
and this walk, I believe, is in honor of the pilgrimage of St David
因为这里是一个圣地
because it’s a holy site.
过去 人们常常这样说
Back in the day, they said
来这里朝圣两次相当于去罗马一次
the two pilgrimages here were worth one to Rome.
两次抵一次
Two for one deal.
罗马更神圣也更遥远
Rome is more holy and farther away,
而这里风景优美 在中世纪的英格兰和威尔士有特殊意义
but this place is beautiful and had special significance in medieval England and Wales.
好了 我们到圣母堂了
All right guys. We just got to Saint Non’s Chapel,
看起来那里正在进行一个宗教仪式
and it looks like there is a religious ceremony going down here.
有些人特别盛装出席了
There’re some people dressed up,
看起来每个人嘴里都念念有词
and looks like everybody is reciting stuff.
我们得保持肃静
We’ll be quiet and respectful,
但我们还是尽可能的多拍点给你们看
but we’ll try to capture it for you guys.
我们正赶上这些人进行一个仪式
We just rolled up on all these people in the middle of the ceremony.
-绝佳时机-正是
Perfect timing. Perfect timing.
-以主之名 阿门-好的
In the name of Christ. Amen.
现在每个人都步行回镇上
Now everyone’s walking back into town.
主教走在队伍前面 每个人的领子上都别了水仙花
The bishop is at the front of the procession, and everyone’s got these daffodils in their lapels.
水仙花现在开的正盛
Daffodils are in full bloom right now.
它和韭菜一样是威尔士的一种象征
It’s a symbol of Wales, along with the leek,
韭菜可能是圣大卫在斋戒时的食物
which St David supposely ate when he was fasting and
龙旗是威尔士的旗帜
the dragon, which is on the Welsh flag.
威尔士旗 有龙在上面
The Welsh flag, which has the dragon
实际上是都铎家族的族旗
on it, is actually the Tudor family flag.
都铎家族后来成了英格兰的统治者
The Tudors went on to become kings and queens of England.
对于一个国庆节来说
For a national festival,
可能是我参加的最安静 最低调的一个了
this has to be one of the quietest, most mellow festivals I have ever been to.
绝对与美国不一样
Definitely different from the United States.
不像7月4日
Not like the 4th of July.
一点都不像
Not like the 4th of July at all.
现在我们正在折回镇上的路上
Now we’re heading back into town.
大家都在唱一些传统歌曲
Everyone is singing traditional songs.
我们将前往这块岩石
We’re going to this rock
显然 在中午时分
where apparently at noon,
一年一次 阳光会穿过这块石头
once a year, the sun shines through
这与节日完美呼应 但也得有太阳才行
the rock. It’s aligned perfectly for this day, but that means we have to have some sun.
这真是太有趣了
That was super interesting.
我觉得在圣大卫城过圣大卫日真是酷
I think that was cool to see St David Day on St David’s…..
-你的意思是?-我的意思是 在圣大卫节这天能看到圣大卫城很酷
you mean.. I mean…it was cool to see St David on St David’s Day.
确实如此 庆典虽不是特别隆重的
Definitely. Not a huge ceremony,
但却难得一见
but definitely a rare one
确实是一个特别的经历
and a really unique experience.
虽然是个宗教仪式 但还是贯穿了很多民族自豪感
Even though that was a religious ceremony, it was one that was imbued with lots of national pride.
我觉得这也是慢慢融入威尔士的好方法 另外我们也拿到了我们的轴承
And I think that that was really a nice way to ease into Wales and to get our bearings.
现在既然轴承在手
Now that we do have our bearings,
那我们要把它给装好
we’re going to ratchet it up.
是时候去海里耍一下啦
It’s time to get into the ocean,
我们要尽可能用最炫酷的方式入海
and we’re going to do it in the most dramatic way possible…..
跳崖 你准备好了吗?
jumping off of cliffs. You ready?
-就这么干!-走吧
Let’s do it. Let’s go.
好了 伙计们 我们刚刚抵达TYF户外运动公司
All right guys. We have just arrived to TYF Adventures
他们会带我们到海岸进行冒险活动
and they’re going to take us coasteering.
开始下雨了
It just started to rain.
不过比起被雨淋湿 我觉得跳进大西洋里更爽
What better way to get wet than by jumping in the Atlantic Ocean,
毕竟海水很暖和也很吸引人 水温现在才7摄氏度
which is a warm and inviting 7 degrees celsius right now.
我的名字叫约翰·贝隆
My name is John Bayrom.
我是TYF公司的头儿
I’m head of Adventure at TYF
我们马上就要去海边冒险了
and we’re going to go out coasteering.
这项冒险在圣大卫城有30年历史了
It all started here 30 years ago at St Davids.
当海浪平静下来的时候 你得找件事做做
When the surf was flat, you’d have to find something to do,
所以我的人在海岸线闲逛 找到一些很棒的地点
so guys would just go along and find some amazing areas of the coastline.
你得先爬上去 找到合适的点 再跳下来
You’d scramble along, find something to jump off.
我们想到这个点子 噢 觉得真棒
We came up with the idea..oh that’s fantastic,
我们就将它变成了一个商业活动
and turned it into a commercial activity.
我们可能看起来像巨蟒剧团
We may look like Monty Python,
但我们还真不是
but we are not.
好吧 也许我们骨子里像
Well maybe we are in spirit.
但是 额 我们在海岸的边缘
But ah we are here on the edge of the coast,
现在该做什么?
and what is going to happen right now?
我们需要花5分钟走到那边
We’re going to head just five minute’s walk over there,
先往下走 然后沿着岩石攀爬
and go down and we’re going to do some scrambling along the rocks,
找到有大浪的地方 然后接二连三跳进去
find some waves to play in and do some jumps.
这是彭布罗克郡的海边徒步小径
This is the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.
有186英里长
It’s 186 miles long.
太美了 这个地方以徒步路线而闻名
It’s beautiful. This place is famous for walking paths.
你可以想象一下
You can consider what we’re doing…..
走在海岸的边缘的感觉
walking with a bit more of an extreme edge to it.
我们刚从海里出来
We just got out of the ocean,
我们准备喝一杯啤酒来热热身
and we’re going to warm up with a pint
因为在英国 啤酒是常温的
because here in the U.K., the pints are room temperature
所以马上能喝上一杯应该会很爽
so it should be a nice drink to have right now.
我们每次来英国
Every time we travel to the U.K.,
我都对喝下的第一杯啤酒情有独钟
I always love the first pint.
这就像是歌里唱的那样 ‘第一杯总是最好的’
it’s like… the first pint is the greatest.
凯特·史蒂芬斯的混音版?
Little Cat Stevens remix there?
为愉快的旅途干杯 兄弟
Here’s to a great trip, Brother.
以这杯威尔士啤酒为开始 愿我们的威尔士之旅能够圆满
May we have an awesome trip through Wales, starting off with a Welsh ale.
有人留言说我们在大不列颠岛上录的视频状态最好
Some people have commented that we are at our best in the British Isles.
我想这是因为我们在这里感觉非常放松
I think that’s because we feel very comfortable here.
我们有爱尔兰 苏格兰 英格兰的血统
We have Irish, Scottish, English ancestry.
我想我们没有威尔士血统
We don’t think that we are Welsh.
使我热爱这个地方的原因是这里让我觉得既熟悉又陌生
What I like about this place is that it feels a nice balance of familiar and foreign.
这属于英国 但是却是大不列颠我们从没有来过的地方
It’s British, but it’s a part of Britain we’ve never been to.
我们知道这个国家历史悠久 有待我们去发掘 而今天 仅仅是开始
We know that this is a country with huge heritage, tons to discover, and this is only the first day.
来 干杯
I say, “Cheers.”
用威尔士语说干杯是 ‘Lechyd da’
Cheers, Wales. “Lechyd da.”
干杯
“Lechyd da.”
好了 朋友们 如果你喜欢这个视频
All right guys, if you enjoyed that video,
你知道该做什么 请为我们点个赞
you know what to do: give it a thumbs-up,
把视频分享给你的朋友 订阅我们的频道 设置成接受通知模式
share it with your friends, and subscribe and turn on notifications
如果你没这样做的话赶紧去做
if you have not already.
请继续收看这个系列的下个节目
Stay tuned for the rest of the series.
明天我们将去探寻威尔士的历史和遗迹
Tomorrow we are going to explore the history and heritage of Wales,
所以保持关注 同时 保持你的好奇心
so stay tuned and in the meantime, stay curious,
继续探险 我们和你相约在路上 再会
keep exploring, and we’ll see you on the road. Peace.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

哇嘎兄弟首次登上威尔士这块熟悉又陌生的土地,他们会有哪些新的发现呢?让我们跟随他们的脚步,走进威尔士

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

大王

审核员

译学馆审核员N

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnyIiSB3aXY

相关推荐